Soul gem for endgame veno

Angelskyn - Sanctuary
Angelskyn - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
Hi all , I managed to +12 all my gears and got all the end game equipments and cards. Now I am left with soul gems . I am a veno (pure mag)who tw and nw . Should I just pure josd and deity stone or there is a better option ? I want to deal the most dmg and also best survival options (balanced) .
Post edited by Angelskyn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Icebourne stones in weapons a given, so moving to armor...

Jades are the best option for survival. Deity are the best option for offense as the only other choice is Diamonds of Tigers and those are literally just half a Deity.

You'll likely gain the best effects from going purely one way or the other. The one you choose depends more on if you want to be more offensive but fragile or defensive while dealing a bit less damage.

Considering a veno's true strength lies in their debuffs and purge, I'd say Jades likely suit the class better. However, that's just my opinion and others may prefer Deity for stronger nukes that don't require as much setup to pull off.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Also after seeing other things.... please don't repeatedly repost the same topic in multiple areas. Just once will suffice.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    JOSD would be your best bet.
    Whilst Venomancers can pull off some combos and kills, they shine mostly in debuffs and support so I don't think Deities will serve you well but it's up to you.

Don't put a mix of both though. I don't think that's effective.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angelskyn - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    So I would go full Josh including weapons ?
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    No. Icebournes in your weapons, Jades (or Deity if you choose but I, like Desdi, think jades are a better choice for the class) in your armors.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Jades are fine for wep tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Angelskyn - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    In that case , what can I do if I already have one deity in weapon ? Would like to save it or if cannot do not mind to waste it too .
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well you can keep it and shard another Deity or a JOSD or just replace everything with Iceburnes..but if you already have it in your weapon you might as well shard another Deity I suppose or shard a JOSD next to it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angelskyn - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Well you can keep it and shard another Deity or a JOSD or just replace everything with Iceburnes..but if you already have it in your weapon you might as well shard another Deity I suppose or shard a JOSD next to it.

Well , I can do any of your options you suggested . However any logic on why stacking another deity ?
    Did a calculation based on the following link
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage
    It said dmg on players = dmg * multiplier *(1+ (attack lvl -def lvl)/100)

I am thinking since veno is mainly support , it is possible to exchange deity for josh with fsp coin ? Since icebourne actually gives small dmg boost (100*11*2.52) while deity gives even smaller dmg boast (47300*0.02) compared to the bulk of the dmg of 47300*2.52.

Hence I was thinking maybe def might be more valuable than attack .
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In that case , what can I do if I already have one deity in weapon ? Would like to save it or if cannot do not mind to waste it too .

i would say iceburn and use secondary weapon for fun, like r8 reforged one with defence level addon and put into that 2 josd and swap during playing ;)

just pot to skill bar and when u go for purge then use reforged one and when target stuned swap for r9 3rd

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32265
    if u that rich for was able get everything then would consider make this one with:
    Reduce Physical damage taken +1~5% - 6.45%
    Phys. Res.: +150~450 - 6.45%
    Def. Level +1~5 - 6.45%
    Def. Level +10~25 - 23.53%
    b:laugh
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think icebourne is a waste unless you have a lake of money b:embarrass

I would rather buy one josd, than 2 icebourne. Sapphire gem is much more cost effective.
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think the weapon can still do really well with the Deity and another JoSD/Sapphire Gem. Either way, the weapon still shines.

For the rest of the armor, I'm going to vote for JoSD. Reason being, you need the survivability to be able to pull off debuffs and purge and amps. With more and more people working on gear, def level is the way to go.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks