seeker or blademaster

2»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I feel the exact opposite.

I think people really underestimate just how useful it is attacking at a distance. Sure bms have their plethora of stuns, and a few other things that are a bit notable, but with the amount of chi those skills to take, and how difficult it is to close the distances especially while under-geared/running around apoless/charmless/assistant free... life on a bm is insanely freaking hard/annoying. Ergo they really do have to be able to live/survive a one shot, which is nigh impossible without def levels/better gear, neither or which they have... though they do ger access to that with better gear/the right blessing. Still giving that anyone can get those def levels, and seekers having an already built in skill that boosts def level, it is far easier to avoid most one shots on a seeker compared to a bm.

Though one of a seekers biggest weakness is their anti cc... or even just cc ability is significantly lacking compared to that of a bm, (a bm HAS to live in order for their cc to even come into play, and without def lvls, apo, charm/assistance they will have VERY little chance to do anything at all.) .. with their (seekers) ranged attacks they truly are in far fewer positions where they actually have to tank damage from others, even so their def lvl boosting skill(s) allows them to absorb damage at a better rate than bms, even with their marrows. Sure the marrows do more for their magic def, compared to full fledged def levels, but I still find this seeker far more tanky than any bm I have ran across in similar gear, hell far more tankier than my bm in the exact same gear.

It's no secret that many a bm left their class behind when NW came around, it wasn't until after the NH update that our server started seeing an slight uptick in bm activity.
    I think you might have misunderstood me. Im not sure what goes on in Dreamweaver but in sanctuarys instances for TW/NW its pretty much R999+12 jades/diety vs each other, and as one of them, i find seeker range is nice but when its between these gears, its not really a big impacter like a IG+HF = dead radius. (yes i am seeker) Basically it survives well but when it comes to the big skills to pull and kill half the population, the BM (usually at the cost of their own life :P ) pulls it off better. In PVP the main goal is to kill them off or 2nd priority annoy the **** out of your opponents.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan