Most underrated Psychic skill?

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Psychic
I thought to make a thread for every class and ask you folks...

Which is the most underrated skill amongst your class? The kind of skill, that other players of your class dont really seem to appreciate, at least not most of them, but you've found a nice use for it.

You could also mention why you personally like this skill and why others do not favor it so much. Both PvE and PvP scenarios are welcomed.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Furious Ocean.

'Cause many psys seem to Q.Q how having separate Water Cannon was better. Due to zhennish nature FO allows doing all kinds of insane thingies, that were previously up to chances if successful or not, safely without worrying about chances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Furious Ocean.

'Cause many psys seem to Q.Q how having separate Water Cannon was better. Due to zhennish nature FO allows doing all kinds of insane thingies, that were previously up to chances if successful or not, safely without worrying about chances.

The Furious Ocean update is bad not because of losing Aqua Canon but because you lose Torrent. We also dont even need a Zhen considering we can chain AoEs relatively safely behind Psy Will and Bubble of Life Purify + Expel all the same.

As for underrated skills, that's hard to say. All of them serve some purpose whether its single/aoe damage/effect. I'd say for me its Disturb Soul since I don't use it as much as I ought to, and skills like Red Tide/Shroud of Shadow have little to no practical application.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sorry Colum, but you will not get any real answers on the psy forum here. Just ask the "Psy MUST be built and played this way" clique what their answers are... that is all this entire "Psy Forum" will yield due to none of those people being worth arguing with. Just notice how dead the "Psy Forum" has been for a LONG time. Peace <3

This should have been all Euthymius wrote as a reply to the OP:
    As for underrated skills, that's hard to say. All of them serve some purpose whether its single/aoe damage/effect. I'd say for me its Disturb Soul since I don't use it as much as I ought to, and skills like Red Tide/Shroud of Shadow have little to no practical application.
    but that was not the case, was it? And "We" should clearly be stated as "I"... And Euthymius is not even one of the nastiest ones... although, I might be inclined to say Shroud of Shadow b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As mentioned, hard to tell as all skills have their purpose at some point.

But I'd Soul of Silence on the squad healer. Haven't seen much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sometimes I wish I never got furious ocean.I don't use it much,but it looks cool,like im about to shoot a giant wad lol
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Empowered vigor, haven't seen this used much (apart from my psy b:laugh)

Cast on healer, boom healing effect increase. Higher heals b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This should have been all Euthymius wrote as a reply to the OP:

You tryin' to tell me how to post, son?
    I explained exactly why Furious Ocean's not a good idea. Whether or not someone agrees or disagrees with that is up to them and how they play. Maybe they don't care if they lose Aqua Canon (not a big loss tbh) or Torrent but if they'd rather drop an AoE and one of the better DoTs in this game for a 1 Spark Zhen that we got by just fine without? Thats on them.

That's.....that's now how it works at all....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MissChristy - Raging Tide
    MissChristy - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014

omg im so glad you werent a psy in my squad x.x thats not how it works >.<
    it helps a person BEING healed i use it on barbs moslty to increase thier hp regen b:shutup
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it helps a person BEING healed i use it on barbs moslty to increase thier hp regen b:shutup

Um... It doesn't increase HP regeneration/recovery. Only affects skills and pots used on target, and charm CD. Unless one cannot rely at all on skills descriptions. b:surrender

Edit: You probably meant the HP regeneration using the methods mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Soul of Retaliation only because most Psys tend to dryhump Soul of Stunning and forget Retal. Soul of Stunning = only when you're certain your opponent won't expect it or 1v1 versus classes lacking anti-stun (wizzies)

Soul of Retal = Everything else
    As mentioned, hard to tell as all skills have their purpose at some point.

But I'd Soul of Silence on the squad healer. Haven't seen much.

Soul of Silence squad BMs. BMs are priority targets that are on the front lines and basically need to be taken down, lest the opposing team fight at a clear disadvantage. Clerics are going to hide in the back and likely only be attacked by a select few (which they can sleep or Sog) or sins that either pop IG or resist half the silences anyways. BMs can and will be shot at constantly, so SoSi'ing them extends their lifespan and makes the enemy team that much more crippled because they've got both a stunner/amp'er harassing them and they're being disabled simply for attempting to kill him. He's tanky too, so there'll be plenty of silences.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guess I don't have to be psychic to tell when people can't take a joke about vigor b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guess I don't have to be psychic to tell when people can't take a joke about vigor b:surrender

And here I thought it's lack of knowledge more than anything else. b:avoid
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Alchidemi - Raging Tide
    Alchidemi - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, since I found out that Psionic Link doesn't work in TW/NW(?) I guess I won't be using that skill anymore xD. And Christy omg did you really just say that about empowered vigor? D: PICKLES
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Red Tide
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    Allonade - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The skill I use least that I thought I'd make use of more? Disturb Soul is a great one that comes to mind, I can think of a handful of times I've used it but usually it's just a better idea to try and stun the opponent instead - I wish our DoT's had a bit more viability, damage wise torrent/sand trap leave much to be desired with the inflated m.def's from passives.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Disturb Soul was the shizz on Wizards but with purify proc, it doesn't always stay on as long as you want.
  • Deadly_Force - Raging Tide
    Deadly_Force - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i agree with alci Psionic Link dont work anymore so useless..