Lil more on the Defence of things

Options
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Wizard
Wiz is a fun class to play in my experiencem, however i finally need to say this ...

They need an upgrade badly, Arcane defence yes helped with the aps issue but the game has pretty much changed over to skill use instead of the "auto attack" from melee classes since NH. Hell already see less wizards even use that buff now.

Yeah they are one of the hardest hitting classes but if i can go turn my head for a 3 sec and the wizard is still casting thats just lil toooo slow. All that magic dont mean nuthing if they get countered so easy. "Def passives = nurfing Undine Spark fire combo" Yeah i did the test and yes it pretty useless now.

Frozen Flame had looked like a winner but the cast time is rediculas tbh after a few months NH been out. Even for a r9rrr, the swap in channeling for the purpose of Defence was okay but after NH i aint seeing no Defence since the offence passives was there for the takeing as well.

It shouldnt have to require R8 recast/r9rrr purify proc to be the only factor for a class.

Sage wiz more chi and DD vs O Wiz for more CC and Def.....my questions are..

1, What the use of all that chi and DD if u have to be lucky or have to live in 12+ sec in immunity just to set something off safely?

2, What defence boost is there when the addition of rebirth extra stat points + Attack passives makes O Stone barrier irrelevant (since it alone didnt get a def boost for the primal version other then cast time and less chi) and what good is the CC if it seems to wear off before u can follow thru? *IF u can CC given the lousy precent rate*

I never really put much thought into the Wiz complaint till i started playing one more often. I mean even if the Wizard can only obtain full g16 they need something more then luck and chance. And not be forced into a purify proc weapon or delet toon advice. Primal Barrier should have given more of a Phy Def boost at the least. Or if not that some channeling .
To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
Team work is Flawless,
To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
Post edited by Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    More physical defense will not make any significant difference at or near endgame. Wizards typically have in the neighborhood of 40k physical defense fully buffed, yet still get hit 5 digits by sins using the new primal skills. Classes that rely on attack and defense level modifiers instead of defense debuffs have a pretty big advantage.

Psy vs wiz used to be pretty easy to win unless the psy camped in white (in which case he would never kill you). But now thanks to the defense increases, psy can easily tank wiz damage in black voodoo, while hitting back twice as hard thanks to higher base damage and attack levels, and channeling twice as fast.

Honestly it is so broken I don't see much hope of fixing it. Even if you gave wiz a defense level buff and -20% channeling it would still be next to impossible to kill end game players. Attacks would still be glacial due to the long *cast* times. You'd still spend most of your time being CCed by opponents and unable to lock them down.

My best idea would be to make undine instant and short range aoe but add a short cool down of like 3 seconds. Add a chance to apply a status that can be triggered by hailstorm or will of the phoenix (similar to how seeker debuffs work). When triggered the target would be cursed with the ice prison effect for a period of time long enough to actually do some damage (maybe 5 seconds, 30% amp).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i can promise you as a main, the novelty of being 'different' as one of the few wizard players wears off very fast. it's not fun being slower than everyone at everything. it may not be so bad if you have another class that can finance it or that you can use from time to time to change things up with, but yeah, there's no reason to ever play a wizard on this game. none.
  • Lolozaurus - Morai
    Lolozaurus - Morai Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    In Mass pvp I find myself using the genie Expel, then AD, then IG...all defensive to allow me to survive the sins. Pretty OP, their sin crits. Spells should not be allowed to crit for sins.