pet lvling glitched??!

vias9x7
vias9x7 Posts: 84 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Venomancer
I like to have my pets at max exp before they can lvl... basically i was lvl 81 and my pets were (and are <.<) lvl 81 with 3000/3000 exp... they are full/not hungry, i have feding tome, and i have killed mobs higher lvl than me, i am now 82, and my pets wont lvl. i have done this before, where i keep my pets at the edge (lol) of lvling then i lvl, kill 1 mob and boom, they lvl... ive tried: feeding, re-summoning, relogging, killing mobs lower to me and pet, mobs equal to pet, mobs equal to me, mobs higher than us, even tt bosses.... nothing they are stuck.... this is on my herc, harpy and ocean chanter... ill be DAM.MED if my CASHshop pet are busted and cant be lvled at all any more <,.,< i do not want compansation of a new herc and harpy, i want my current ones fixed... i do NOT want to spend days in cube to get new ones to my lvl b:angry
Post edited by vias9x7 on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Firstly, the mobs killed were near or above the level of the pets, right? If not, then the pet won't get EXP from it.

Secondly, is your pet at the "Tame" or "Loyal" state? If it's not, then there's your issue as you won't get EXP until they reach that. To get them there, you'll have to feed them again as death (and being reverted to an egg) will decrease pet loyalty.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pets still get XP at Wild and Savage, just less (50% and 10%).

If mobs and 10 or more levels below the pet (your level doesn't matter), the pet will not get any XP. Between 10 levels under and its level, they will get decreased XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Pets still get XP at Wild and Savage, just less (50% and 10%).

If mobs and 10 or more levels below the pet (your level doesn't matter), the pet will not get any XP. Between 10 levels under and its level, they will get decreased XP.
    Oddly enough, I've never actually gained pet EXP from a pet that was at savage even when killing higher level mobs, so I'm not too sure about that one.

Of course, I also haven't let any of my pets reach that low in... a very long time, so if that's been changed or corrected then I wouldn't be aware of it. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pets ought to get 1 XP at Savage if killing mobs at or above their level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Try to roll pet into an egg and hatch again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊