Veno Been Gone 2 Years, A few Questions

BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Venomancer
Returning 96 level Veno needs help getting back up to speed.

I played PW for several years, was in successful factions and really enjoyed myself. I am a pretty casual player, putting in 12 to 15 hours a week. I have a Herc and a Petite Sawfly now, both at my level.

Just before Morai came out I was doing faction dailies, BH's, and working on the Old Heaven's Tear map keys and the occasional FC run. I had to stop playing then due to various real life and health issues.

I am happy to have returned now, but so much has been added or changed and players seem to have whole new lingo and preferred activities.

I have been trying to get caught up by reading release notes and the forums and talking to players in game, but there are several areas I am still pretty foggy on.

1. What are 'Numa' runs I see referred to in WC?

2. The Gui now lists BH quests with a teleport button.

3. Has the BH system changed or is this just a nicer GUI? I still have an open order from 2 years ago, and if I go to the bounty hunter he says he has nothing for me. Do I need to complete this BH, trash it, or what?

4. Morai Orders? As a Veno is there any optimum path, which to join first, next, etc. Which things to work towards first and so on?

5. Morai Quests seem to give pretty good XP, what advantages are there of preferring them over Order quests or vice versa? Or do you end up having to do them both all the way through?

6. Pets, new ones and new ways to upgrade old ones. I have a Herc and Petite Sawfly now, and have been trying to tame a flying pig. Is evolving my current pets viable or do I need to get a Phoenix or one of the other new high end pets?

7. Are the Old Heavens Tear maps no longer worth the time compared to all the new activities?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The exodus is here
The happy ones are near
BabaORiley
Post edited by BabaORiley - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1) Numea is a new feature, gained by drops from FB19-79 bosses. You need to open your War Avatar menu to access the Numea listing, as exactly what bosses drop a numea changes every day. You can absorb up to 20 per week.

2) I'm pretty sure you need a boutique item to utilize that teleport button.

3) BH system is pretty much the same. BH100's been reshuffled, but at your level it's still the same bosses, so yes, you need to complete your old one.

4) Depends on what skills you're most interested in, and if you're interested in the equipment. Me, I went to Shroud first (for heavy armor, magic sword and Natural Synergy), but check out what all the orders offer before you make your decision. Some of the skills are only useful in PVP.

5) The intro Morai quests are one time deals. You'll need to complete them to unlock Expanded Universe. The Order quests are dailies. You'll need to do lots of the dailies to get the required prestige and influence to get the Order goodies.

6) Both the Herc and Sawfly can evolve. An unevolved Herc is a decent tank... an evolved herc is an awesome tank, and can go in all environments. An evolved Nix will outshine an evolved Sawfly... unfortunately, an evolved Nix is outshone by an evolved Harpy in PVE, and an evolved Monkey King in PVP.

7) The Past Maps are all unlocked since New Horizons (though patch notes said that was temporary) though I think you still need to complete the unlocking quests to unlock the dailies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can try to answer a few, although I'm not a veno so won't be able to answer the veno ones.

1. Nuema is a new way to get more stats. Bosses drop them, the boss changes each day. There's a bit on it in this guide here

2. Sorry, not sure what you mean by Gui or the teleport?

3. I think most of the BHs are the same. There's new ones, but you should still be able to complete your old ones. If you can't, just trash them and restack if you want to.

4. Morai order guide here and here. Although it doesn't have anything on good paths. You can also find out order rewards here.

5. There are dailies with your order, and there's a long chain. The chain is worth it. The dailies are too. Do them both.

6. Not 100% on pets, but here's a guide.

7. I've only opened the first map of OHT, and haven't spent much time there. I'll have to open more to do culti, but there's a lot of other stuff to do in the game.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Returning 96 level Veno needs help getting back up to speed.

Welcome back!

[*]What are 'Numa' runs I see referred to in WC?

There's a general War Avatar guide here if you missed it. It also explains the Nuema. It should cover the most important/basic information you need but if you have more questions feel free to comment on that thread.

Generally speaking, it's a new feature to up your HP/defence/Spirit (not the spirit you use to learn skills) through farming "Nuema Orbs" from bosses of FB/BH instances.

[*]The Gui now lists BH quests with a teleport button.

That's for teleporting to the instance directly but a boutique item is needed for that as far as I know.

[*]Has the BH system changed or is this just a nicer GUI? I still have an open order from 2 years ago, and if I go to the bounty hunter he says he has nothing for me. Do I need to complete this BH, trash it, or what?

There was a small change in the bosses (EU instead of Warsong) for lvl100 BHs but nothing else. Well there's a 5mil potential reward (Excitement Card) that maybe wasn't there before you left.

You'll have to complete your current BH quests to pick up new ones.

[*]Morai Orders? As a Veno is there any optimum path, which to join first, next, etc. Which things to work towards first and so on?

You'll need things from all of them.

If you PvP the ideal path is:

Corona -> Luminance -> Shround (or, debatable, Luminance -> Corona -> Shroud)

If you only PvE the ideal path is:

Luminance -> Shround -> Corona (optional, but doesn't hurt to have it)

or

Shroud -> Luminance -> Corona (optional, but doesn't hurt to have it)

Morai skills that cannot be obtained through orders, obtained through AEU instance:
    Chi Burn (really important in PvP, useless in PvE...mobs don't have chi)
    Soul Link (PvP only..kind of a meh skill...not really important in my opinion)
    Bewitch (Tiger) (instead of puffbird, you turn enemies into a cute little tiger, requires the original Bewitch skill from Corona and they share cooldown)

This is all related to skills. If you're interested in things like the Morai armor (decent for PvE, useless for PvP) or other things...you'll have to look up what each order offers you. You can talk to the NPCs and see what the orders offer...I don't remember their names though. Maybe someone in-game can show you the 2 NPCs of each order that have a list of things they offer.

[*]Morai Quests seem to give pretty good XP, what advantages are there of preferring them over Order quests or vice versa? Or do you end up having to do them both all the way through?

Morai quests are indeed great for EXP, definitely do them. You need to finish them anyway to unlock things like the EU instance (Endless Universe) and other stuff. Once you're done with them you can continue with the rest. Morai dailies will give decent EXP too.

[*]Pets, new ones and new ways to upgrade old ones. I have a Herc and Petite Sawfly now, and have been trying to tame a flying pig. Is evolving my current pets viable or do I need to get a Phoenix or one of the other new high end pets?

I think I have most things covered in this guide (it includes links to other useful threads) but if you still have pet-related questions please comment there (or here) and I'll try to help you as much as I can.

Overall, definitely evolve your pets. Evolutions gives them new skills and makes them stronger. I can't comment on the evolved Sawfly (never had/used one) but the evolved Hercules is great. It gets a good aggro skills, becomes tankier and through Mood skills and inherit you can customize it for more attack or more defence.

No pet is really "needed" at endgame. If you PvP you'll probably want a Monkey for stunlocks or at least a Phoenix but Venomancers don't depend on pets for PvP (they can be a good asset though). Otherwise the Hercules can be an all-purpose pet. Of course it won't shine everywhere (eg. a DD pet like Phoenix shines in DD) but it's still really good to work anywhere you want it to, if you don't feel like investing money in other pets.

[*]Are the Old Heavens Tear maps no longer worth the time compared to all the new activities?

I think the Chrono maps are..open for everyone now? ..but I don't know. I'd tell you to complete them either way so you won't run into problems.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All of your responses really helped me, there has been so much new stuff to absorb, it was a bit hard to get a feel for the whole picture.

I think I have a better handle on things now, The only PVP I do is TW and I want to try nation wars, but I am primarily a PVE player.

I definitely will be reading up on the great links provided.

Another question I have concerns the Morai gear. My current gear is in the same neighborhood stat wise except for the Warding factor. Do you need a full set to get the benefit and is the warding benefit that useful/effective?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014

[*]Are the Old Heavens Tear maps no longer worth the time compared to all the new activities?

I think most have answered your other questions. I just recently started working on my psy's celestial culti. You only need to complete the chain for the first map now. Once in you can enter all the other maps w/o doing the long chains and deltas.

Also the culti chain has been shortened as well. Its only one full delta instead of the two. But you do need to go on all the maps kill the mobs for the quest chain. I also had to get a sqd so I can enter delta just to dig the cinnebar. I currently need to do a full delta. I'm lazy and that's the only reason I haven't done it yet. After that I should be celestial sage. All of this I did in 2 days by myself so it's extremely easy to get done.

The OHT chain is only important to get your celestial culti done. So compared to the new stuff its not really needed until you are lvl 100 and want to get your celestial skills or change cultivation. I would get those skills at some point in time though cuz they are really nice and useful.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The culti chain hasn't really been shortened, the wave 4, wave 5 and first full delta were for map opening (Old Unicorn Forest, Old Valley of the Scarred, and Old Monshade Desert respectively), celestial cultivation per se has only ever needed one full delta (unless you didn't get Celeslord for some reason before leaving.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga