Gravel Blade: Why the **** did I do this!?

Options
Zheii - Archosaur
Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Seeker
As the title states this is a thread about the new Primal skill Gravel Blade.

I've seen threads about the archers skills and how lacking they are but none really about seekers new skills, and when I say 'new' I mean 'modified to fix the stance/immbo/metal procs problem because they couldn't actually fix it'.

Now Last night I learnt Gravel Blade (I'm late to the party I know but I've been lazy and I wanted all my passives first) And almost instantly I regretted it.
It's my own fault, I should have done more research into the skill but I'm posting this so no one else falls victim.

Here is the skill description:

ΦGravel Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 75
Channel 0.3 seconds
Cast 0.7 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
Combine multiple techniques into a single, massive
blow against your enemy. Deals 110% of base
physical
damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1650.

Has a 65% chance to apply the Spirit Bore status,
causing your ●Gemini Slash to deal an additional
7950 Metal damage and reduce the target's Attack
and Defense Levels by 10 for 3 minutes.

Has a 25% chance to apply the
Bloodletting status, causing your
●Stalagstrike to deal an additional 3750
damage and stun the target for 3 seconds.

Sage version deals an additional 550 damage.
Sage version has a 65% chance to apply Spirit
Bore.
Sage version has a 25% chance to apply
Bloodletting.

Here's what happens when you learn it:

First: You lose both Soulsever Minuet and Parchedblade Dance, and both of the procs are combined into Rock Splitting Cleave (Now Gravel Blade).

Second: You then remember how horrible the accuracy on Rock Splitting Cleave is, and how often it misses, it's almost impossible to land it at all on sins and archers, meaning in those fights you just practically lost two stances.

Third: You then test it on one of your friends and become more and more depressed when you see the how horrible the proc rate of the Bloodletting status is, and again HOW OFTEN GRAVEL BLADE MISSES.

Forth: The next day you come on the forums and post about how much you hate the skill and how much you regret learning it.

The loss of those two stances wouldn't be so bad if the accuracy on Gravel Blade was amped up, but it's not, and you now have half of your stance procs connected to it, so not only will it be impossible to get the status's you can't even choose which status you'd like!

One of the things I liked about seeker was the changeability with the stances, I'd switch stances depending on who and what class I was fighting, now that option isn't even in the picture anymore.
Yes it fixes the metal de-buff and immobilization procs but you've lost so much to gain something we should have had from the beginning.
And this is only from a PvP perspective, The loss in PvE is a lot greater, so much for mass stunning and AoEing de-buffing groups of mobs, Seekers with all our AoEs are now becoming a single target class.

The importance of Gravel Blade (Rock Splitting Cleave) has just become paramount, the accuracy on it should be higher, against some Archers and Sins it misses 90% of the time, and so that's 90% of the time that I now cannot even get the status effects, let alone proc them.

I will not be getting Glow Blade, Gravel Blade is enough of a disaster as it is.

I'm going to add a poll to see if maybe we can have something done to help this situation, I'm extremely unhappy with the skill updates for Seeker, There where so many options and ideas of what could of been done, what has been done though is extremely disappointing, but I guess that's what we should expect from the PWI developers, because they've never really supplied us with anything but disappointment.

Edit: So dear Kniraven can stop blowing a fuse.
I understand that physical skills don't have an accuracy in and of themselves, and it is based off the players accuracy, mentioning otherwise was my mistake, it was something I had never even bothered to look into before now, I hadn't seen a reason to, and from just experiencing fighting, on my seeker before I actually learnt anything about it (a long time ago) it seemed to me that some skills hit more than others, at the time I didn't realize that magic attacks never miss. The idea of some skills having a base accuracy carried on other from there and sort of stuck with me, and again: that's my mistake, and I've admitted I was wrong.

Now, the rest of what I was trying to communicate was said quite well here:

I think the key point here is that before the status effect was a passive; you entered a stance and then every auto attack/skill you used had a chance to apply desired status.

Now the status can only be applied by one skill which needs to be spammed repeatedly until a status is applied and this has a cd, so during it's cd (3 seconds) you use another skill/attack which DOES NOT have a chance to apply any status.

So yes in real terms the % to apply either of these statuses has dropped, when looked at from an actual fight perspective, rather than one skill.

As a sidenote one of these statuses requires you to be in melee range for you to use the combo'ed skill so would be wasted anyway of you were going for a gemini combo from range.

Whether this is a good thing or bad thing or how it affects play style, or strategy, I'll leave that up to the seekers to decide.

To expand on that, with magic skills I had a 100% chance to hit, and therefore a higher % to apply a status effect, now without the ability to use a 100% accuracy skill to attempt to apply a status effect gone, you'd have to understand me, who had created a playing style around, putting a stance on, spamming metal attacks until I got the de buff then procing it with whatever phy skill it related to, and if I missed I'd go back to spamming metal attacks.
Now I have one skill to rely on when before I had ALL my skills, to me this is a huge change, and a huge downgrade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
Post edited by Zheii - Archosaur on

Comments

• Yadra - Archosaur
    Yadra - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I've kinda held off getting some of these skills due to some of the negative things people have had to say about them. Is there anything about these that make them worth it?
    Currently 104/103/102
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I've kinda held off getting some of these skills due to some of the negative things people have had to say about them. Is there anything about these that make them worth it?

Well, you get the 100% Proc rate with the Heart Seeker Immobilization and the metal debuff on Ion Spike while still being able to use the stance procs (which we should have had from the beginning but stances sort of glitch the status effect rate).

You also don't have to switch stances anymore... ever, because if you learn all the new skills you lose all of them! Yaaayy! -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I dont really agree with qualifying gravel blade as a disaster. Its a merge that fit not every seeker depending on their preference. For me, its a good thing this merge because i never used parchedbladed dance and soulsever minuet before in pvp. having the merge give me the opportunity to use them along Wind blade (northen sky waltz merge) and 100% proc of heartseeker and ion spike. Some might love more the aoe capacity but its up to the person.

Pve Wise, i dont see the reason why youd focus a build around that, assuming you are r9. there is literally nothing in pve that require a seeker to use their stances as a necessity.

Glow blade though, i did not get that one, duelist glee being too low on proc and only useful in some pvp case. Decided to keep that stance unmerged so i can spam it more when i need it.

The suggestion i could give that pwi should have done, is merge the stances like they did for Wind blade
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    As the title states this is a thread about the new Primal skill Gravel Blade.

I've seen threads about the archers skills and how lacking they are but none really about seekers new skills, and when I say 'new' I mean 'modified to fix the stance/immbo/metal procs problem because they couldn't actually fix it'.

Now Last night I learnt Gravel Blade (I'm late to the party I know but I've been lazy and I wanted all my passives first) And almost instantly I regretted it.
    It's my own fault, I should have done more research into the skill but I'm posting this so no one else falls victim.

Here is the skill description:

ΦGravel Blade

Range 20 Meters
    Mana 75
    Channel 0.3 seconds
    Cast 0.7 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Combine multiple techniques into a single, massive
    blow against your enemy. Deals 110% of base
    physical
    damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1650.

Has a 65% chance to apply the Spirit Bore status,
    causing your ●Gemini Slash to deal an additional
    7950 Metal damage and reduce the target's Attack
    and Defense Levels by 10 for 3 minutes.

Has a 25% chance to apply the
    Bloodletting status, causing your
    ●Stalagstrike to deal an additional 3750
    damage and stun the target for 3 seconds.

Sage version deals an additional 550 damage.
    Sage version has a 65% chance to apply Spirit
    Bore.
    Sage version has a 25% chance to apply
    Bloodletting.

Here's what happens when you learn it:

First: You lose both Soulsever Minuet and Parchedblade Dance, and both of the procs are combined into Rock Splitting Cleave (Now Gravel Blade).

Second: You then remember how horrible the accuracy on Rock Splitting Cleave is, and how often it misses, it's almost impossible to land it at all on sins and archers, meaning in those fights you just practically lost two stances.

Third: You then test it on one of your friends and become more and more depressed when you see the how horrible the proc rate of the Bloodletting status is, and again HOW OFTEN GRAVEL BLADE MISSES.

Forth: The next day you come on the forums and post about how much you hate the skill and how much you regret learning it.

The loss of those two stances wouldn't be so bad if the accuracy on Gravel Blade was amped up, but it's not, and you now have half of your stance procs connected to it, so not only will it be impossible to get the status's you can't even choose which status you'd like!

One of the things I liked about seeker was the changeability with the stances, I'd switch stances depending on who and what class I was fighting, now that option isn't even in the picture anymore.
    Yes it fixes the metal de-buff and immobilization procs but you've lost so much to gain something we should have had from the beginning.
    And this is only from a PvP perspective, The loss in PvE is a lot greater, so much for mass stunning and AoEing de-buffing groups of mobs, Seekers with all our AoEs are now becoming a single target class.

The importance of Gravel Blade (Rock Splitting Cleave) has just become paramount, the accuracy on it should be higher, against some Archers and Sins it misses 90% of the time, and so that's 90% of the time that I now cannot even get the status effects, let alone proc them.

I will not be getting Glow Blade, Gravel Blade is enough of a disaster as it is.

I'm going to add a poll to see if maybe we can have something done to help this situation, I'm extremely unhappy with the skill updates for Seeker, There where so many options and ideas of what could of been done, what has been done though is extremely disappointing, but I guess that's what we should expect from the PWI developers, because they've never really supplied us with anything but disappointment.

Almost instantly you regretted it? Did you actually take time to practice with the skill before saying its awful? I understand sometimes it misses but you are complaining you cant hit the 2 classes with the most amount of dex in game which adds evasion? Not to mention sins have tidal protection which has become hella op and archers have a buff that increases thier evasion by 1000%? Already you just made your arguement invalid there.

Okay heres the deal the merger I got was gravel blade and at first i wondered why the hell did I do this and why would they make such a messed up skill that completely changes what seekers were unique for, but then I saw what passives did to the game. Yes seekers are coming from a AOE class to more single target but thats because passives have made some people especially arcanes OP def.

You ever tried spaming your little AOE on a person with 50k p.def and like 35k+ m.def (mystics/wiz/ and im sure clerics can do this nowadays) It gets you nowhere at all. The idea behind the mergers is to stack your enemy with debuffs nonstop even if they are constantly purifying it off. The way I have my set is I learned gravel blade wingblade and use dualist glee as my stance. I set a macro for pvp gravel blade > wingblade > battosai > repeat this makes it easy to make chi and stack debuffs on my target.

Also I hated having to switch stannces when 2 stances could really help agianst a enemy for example I would love to disarm my enemy but northern sky waltz is good debuff, solution? windbalde + dualist glee stance spam marco. Its legit easy to get every debuff on a target even with purify spell now. Yes we lost alot of pve capability but seriously? Once you are r9rr pve is a damn joke.

All and all this comes down to preference but to say gravel blade windbalde are bad skills? Thats just sheer ignorance the only one i feel is not worth it is glowblade because of the low % to proc for a 1 skill tab. Yes gravelblade has parch blade 25% but it also has soulsever and can you really tell me parchblade came through much before? I doubt it i used to do it then switched more to northern sky. My advice give it time adapt and dont complain after you have had it for 1 day practice get used to it and then come back with your findings not freakout after a few test
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I dont really agree with qualifying gravel blade as a disaster. Its a merge that fit not every seeker depending on their preference. For me, its a good thing this merge because i never used parchedbladed dance and soulsever minuet before in pvp. having the merge give me the opportunity to use them along Wind blade (northen sky waltz merge) and 100% proc of heartseeker and ion spike. Some might love more the aoe capacity but its up to the person.

Pve Wise, i dont see the reason why youd focus a build around that, assuming you are r9. there is literally nothing in pve that require a seeker to use their stances as a necessity.

Glow blade though, i did not get that one, duelist glee being too low on proc and only useful in some pvp case. Decided to keep that stance unmerged so i can spam it more when i need it.

The suggestion i could give that pwi should have done, is merge the stances like they did for Wind blade

I'm not worried about the PvE in the slightest, I do enjoy the fact that I no longer have to switch stances mid fight, but I'm not enjoying the fact that I can hardly hit anyone with Gravel Blade, which now has two major status effects connected to it and it missed 50%+ of the time, even more on LA!
    Also you don't gain the 100% chance to immob and metal debuff unless you're not using Duelists Glee, And honestly, you should be using it always, even against classes who can still use skills without their weapons, the damage reduction is and can be a life saver.
    Almost instantly you regretted it? Did you actually take time to practice with the skill before saying its awful? I understand sometimes it misses but you are complaining you cant hit the 2 classes with the most amount of dex in game which adds evasion? Not to mention sins have tidal protection which has become hella op and archers have a buff that increases thier evasion by 1000%? Already you just made your arguement invalid there.

Okay heres the deal the merger I got was gravel blade and at first i wondered why the hell did I do this and why would they make such a messed up skill that completely changes what seekers were unique for, but then I saw what passives did to the game. Yes seekers are coming from a AOE class to more single target but thats because passives have made some people especially arcanes OP def.
    You ever tried spaming your little AOE on a person with 50k p.def and like 35k+ m.def (mystics/wiz/ and im sure clerics can do this nowadays) It gets you nowhere at all. The idea behind the mergers is to stack your enemy with debuffs nonstop even if they are constantly purifying it off. The way I have my set is I learned gravel blade wingblade and use dualist glee as my stance. I set a macro for pvp gravel blade > wingblade > battosai > repeat this makes it easy to make chi and stack debuffs on my target.

Also I hated having to switch stannces when 2 stances could really help agianst a enemy for example I would love to disarm my enemy but northern sky waltz is good debuff, solution? windbalde + dualist glee stance spam marco. Its legit easy to get every debuff on a target even with purify spell now. Yes we lost alot of pve capability but seriously? Once you are r9rr pve is a damn joke.

All and all this comes down to preference but to say gravel blade windbalde are bad skills? Thats just sheer ignorance the only one i feel is not worth it is glowblade because of the low % to proc for a 1 skill tab. Yes gravelblade has parch blade 25% but it also has soulsever and can you really tell me parchblade came through much before? I doubt it i used to do it then switched more to northern sky. My advice give it time adapt and dont complain after you have had it for 1 day practice get used to it and then come back with your findings not freakout after a few test

Wow, of course I didn't just jump straight on the forums without looking into it more, this is not a "OMG MY STANCES ARE MISSING PANNIIICCCC" post or anything like that.
    This is me having tested it out on a few different classes, having done some maths behind whether I should actually go and shard accuracy or go dex build to see if I can make better use of Gravel Blade after the reply to my ticket to see if I can unlearn the skill was a negative.
    (Thanks Metalouge for the help with the maths, you're awesome)

"Sometimes it misses"
    Have you actually been trying it out? The skill has always had horrible accuracy, but it has never mattered because you weren't relying on it for your status effects before now.

Even classes with high evasion should be able to be hit, I understand that I'm going to miss, a lot. But before when I could put a stance on, spam 10 skills and even if half of them missed I'd almost be guaranteed a status effect (for Soulsever at least) But now, I can only spam Gravel Blade, and it can miss 10 out of 10 times and even if I do land a hit there is no guarantee I'm going to have the status effect go off.
    It never took much to switch stances, I even used to enjoy switching stances to fit the situation, but now that option has been removed, and to me it almost feels as if anything that may have been skill related or uniquely your playing style is being slowly stripped away as everything is becoming passives.

You have given me a different perspective to look at this from but I still believe that the accuracy on the skills (Both Gravel and Wind Blade) would be upped, if not to 100% Accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xloltryhardx
    xloltryhardx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    if you want to unlearn your skill, all you need to do is change culti.

why should seeker deserve more 100% accuracy skill? your magic skill already never miss which is alot better than what eas can hope for.
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm not worried about the PvE in the slightest, I do enjoy the fact that I no longer have to switch stances mid fight, but I'm not enjoying the fact that I can hardly hit anyone with Gravel Blade, which now has two major status effects connected to it and it missed 50%+ of the time, even more on LA!
    Also you don't gain the 100% chance to immob and metal debuff unless you're not using Duelists Glee, And honestly, you should be using it always, even against classes who can still use skills without their weapons, the damage reduction is and can be a life saver.

Wow, of course I didn't just jump straight on the forums without looking into it more, this is not a "OMG MY STANCES ARE MISSING PANNIIICCCC" post or anything like that.
    This is me having tested it out on a few different classes, having done some maths behind whether I should actually go and shard accuracy or go dex build to see if I can make better use of Gravel Blade after the reply to my ticket to see if I can unlearn the skill was a negative.
    (Thanks Metalouge for the help with the maths, you're awesome)

"Sometimes it misses"
    Have you actually been trying it out? The skill has always had horrible accuracy, but it has never mattered because you weren't relying on it for your status effects before now.

Even classes with high evasion should be able to be hit, I understand that I'm going to miss, a lot. But before when I could put a stance on, spam 10 skills and even if half of them missed I'd almost be guaranteed a status effect (for Soulsever at least) But now, I can only spam Gravel Blade, and it can miss 10 out of 10 times and even if I do land a hit there is no guarantee I'm going to have the status effect go off.
    It never took much to switch stances, I even used to enjoy switching stances to fit the situation, but now that option has been removed, and to me it almost feels as if anything that may have been skill related or uniquely your playing style is being slowly stripped away as everything is becoming passives.

You have given me a different perspective to look at this from but I still believe that the accuracy on the skills (Both Gravel and Wind Blade) would be upped, if not to 100% Accuracy.

Well as for the skill I dont think the accuracy is based on your skill but on you accuracy stats so if you miss I think its on you not the skill. Do you have x2 accuracy rings? I use stars destiny and a nirvanna ring (r9r) and I rarely miss on the skill and if I do its to high evasion classes. The reason they made these skills is for focus fireing which by how tanky these clsses got from passives you will need it. Give it time and adapt it took me 1 month to adapt to gravel blade and I LOVE it now.

Being able to cycle through debuffs has saved my **** because even sins im constantly debuffing because many of my skills have a chance to give the debuff. If you want follow me windblade gravel blade with duslist glee as your stance it really works for me and makes it easier to focus fire and 1v1 it really makes me feel flexiable like i can spam debuffs. If you still hate it go switch your cultivation then switch back resets all your skills back to lvl10 I heard it works.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    if you want to unlearn your skill, all you need to do is change culti.

why should seeker deserve more 100% accuracy skill? your magic skill already never miss which is alot better than what eas can hope for.

I have all of my sage skills and I got them all before the expansion came out so they where no where near cheap.
    Also I don't like playing demon seeker(and changing culti back again is way to expensive for poor little broke me), I have tried, but the anti stun is too important to give up. We only have 3 100% accuracy skills, and I'm not including Edged Blur because it counts as a debuff/buff and doesn't go through tidal (Also it's an one area only skil and can be easily avoided). Compared to casters who can dish out the same if not more damage than us and have all of this skills with 100% accuracy we don't really have it that good. The other HA's all have their own thing, BMs with so much CC that they can run circles around you, and barbs who can just tank for days, then zerkcrit combo you to death, oh and not to mention they now have that OP paralyze skill.
    Well as for the skill I dont think the accuracy is based on your skill but on you accuracy stats so if you miss I think its on you not the skill. Do you have x2 accuracy rings? I use stars destiny and a nirvanna ring (r9r) and I rarely miss on the skill and if I do its to high evasion classes. The reason they made these skills is for focus fireing which by how tanky these clsses got from passives you will need it. Give it time and adapt it took me 1 month to adapt to gravel blade and I LOVE it now.

Being able to cycle through debuffs has saved my **** because even sins im constantly debuffing because many of my skills have a chance to give the debuff. If you want follow me windblade gravel blade with duslist glee as your stance it really works for me and makes it easier to focus fire and 1v1 it really makes me feel flexiable like i can spam debuffs. If you still hate it go switch your cultivation then switch back resets all your skills back to lvl10 I heard it works.

I don't have accuracy rings, since I'm only +10 with Immac/Flawless Citrines and I honestly got sick and tired of being critted to death by OP Arcanes, I've gone full MDef, both neck and ring.
    Moons Embrace and Nirvana ring, I am working on getting myself an Accuracy Ring currently though, but that still won't be usable in Pass PvP and TW/NW for me unless I can refine my neck more or get myself some more MDef somehow, because I always seem to take ridiculous amounts of magic damage.
    I am going to get windblade (I mean I might as well right? screwed up once, might as well **** up again xD)
    And I do already have that macro you're referring to from the Base Trail days when AoEing mobs was a total no-no. Used to set the macro up and tab out, tab back in, focus another mob and tab out again xD.
    I will give it more time, but currently I'm not liking it in the slightest, the auto attack after it is annoying(always has been), especially if I'm fighting a BM/Sin/Barb, I mean, I don't want to go closer to them, I want to kite god dammit, and if I'm not fast enough to cancel it the auto attack will actually interrupt my skill chain =_=.
    (But then again, I guess I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining, since this has always been the case)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    b:surrender get those accuracy rings then actually check your accuracy on la. 2k accuracy and below is just nto enough for pvp with how high sin and archer dex is at
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
    edited May 2014
    Options

I have all of my sage skills and I got them all before the expansion came out so they where no where near cheap.
    Also I don't like playing demon seeker(and changing culti back again is way to expensive for poor little broke me), I have tried, but the anti stun is too important to give up. We only have 3 100% accuracy skills, and I'm not including Edged Blur because it counts as a debuff/buff and doesn't go through tidal (Also it's an one area only skil and can be easily avoided). Compared to casters who can dish out the same if not more damage than us and have all of this skills with 100% accuracy we don't really have it that good. The other HA's all have their own thing, BMs with so much CC that they can run circles around you, and barbs who can just tank for days, then zerkcrit combo you to death, oh and not to mention they now have that OP paralyze skill.

I don't have accuracy rings, since I'm only +10 with Immac/Flawless Citrines and I honestly got sick and tired of being critted to death by OP Arcanes, I've gone full MDef, both neck and ring.
    Moons Embrace and Nirvana ring, I am working on getting myself an Accuracy Ring currently though, but that still won't be usable in Pass PvP and TW/NW for me unless I can refine my neck more or get myself some more MDef somehow, because I always seem to take ridiculous amounts of magic damage.
    I am going to get windblade (I mean I might as well right? screwed up once, might as well **** up again xD)
    And I do already have that macro you're referring to from the Base Trail days when AoEing mobs was a total no-no. Used to set the macro up and tab out, tab back in, focus another mob and tab out again xD.
    I will give it more time, but currently I'm not liking it in the slightest, the auto attack after it is annoying(always has been), especially if I'm fighting a BM/Sin/Barb, I mean, I don't want to go closer to them, I want to kite god dammit, and if I'm not fast enough to cancel it the auto attack will actually interrupt my skill chain =_=.
    (But then again, I guess I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining, since this has always been the case)

While I do respect your need for more m.def but in this case then you are setting yourself up for missing because you accuracy is low is it not? Its not the skill thats missing its you. I suggest you give it more time because the ability to spam debuffs made it easy to kite bms and barbs especially windblade spam
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    b:surrender get those accuracy rings then actually check your accuracy on la. 2k accuracy and below is just nto enough for pvp with how high sin and archer dex is at

Working on it xD.
    While I do respect your need for more m.def but in this case then you are setting yourself up for missing because you accuracy is low is it not? Its not the skill thats missing its you. I suggest you give it more time because the ability to spam debuffs made it easy to kite bms and barbs especially windblade spam

I will give it more time, but my thoughts on it are still far from positive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ..... Wow... Lol.

Okay read closely...

The skill does not have an accuracy setting.
    You miss because YOUR accuracy is bad.

/end thread.

Get accuracy rings. I recommend r9.3 and a PQ ring.
    Increase dex.

Reference:
    I'm a full +10 seeker w/ NW orns and part of the largest & strongest pvp/tw/rpk faction on lost city server (ChinaTown).

Have all my skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ..... Wow... Lol.

Okay read closely...

/end thread.

Increase dex.

Reference:
    I'm a full +10 seeker w/ NW orns and part of the largest & strongest pvp/tw/rpk faction on lost city server (ChinaTown).

Have all my skills

Greetings dearest Kniraven,
    You must really have been offended at my words in your previous thread to take the effort to find mine and reply in such a way. While I appreciate this, I regret to inform you that I do not tolerate buttmunchers. There is no butt munching allowed here, so I would kindly ask that you leave and munch butts elsewhere.
    Sincerely yours, Zheii.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ..... Wow... Lol.

Okay read closely...

/end thread.

Increase dex.

Reference:

Have all my skills

While I do agree this person has very low accuracy as i stated above, but saying these harsh words for someone who adapted a different playstyle isn't exactly how you give advice seem more like you wanted to display your accomplishments which in all due respect is not what she wanted to know. She/he wanted to know fellow seekers oppinions on the skill so why flame lmao trolling is fun but where its not even funny, point?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Options
    While I do agree this person has very low accuracy as i stated above, but saying these harsh words for someone who adapted a different playstyle isn't exactly how you give advice seem more like you wanted to display your accomplishments which in all due respect is not what she wanted to know. She/he wanted to know fellow seekers oppinions on the skill so why flame lmao trolling is fun but where its not even funny, point?

"this person" just hours ago was in the blademaster subforum telling me I don't know how to use my leap skills. I simply think she should actually learn how her own class skills (or the game in general) function before presuming herself knowledgeable in any game related subject.

I was establishing my authority to speak on the subject by providing some background from which I obtain my knowledge.

In summary,
    I was taken aback at her audacity when she doesn't even understand her own character or the basics of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    "this person" just hours ago was in the blademaster subforum telling me I don't know how to use my leap skills. I simply think she should actually learn how her own class skills (or the game in general) function before presuming herself knowledgeable in any game related subject.

I was establishing my authority to speak on the subject by providing some background from which I obtain my knowledge.

In summary,
    I was taken aback at her audacity when she doesn't even understand her own character or the basics of the game.

And there it is. He's butthurt about a comment on another thread so felt the need to come here and post something that's not constructive in any way, shape, or form. This, from the same person who claims we troll him. Interesting how you come here virtually unprovoked and do the exact same thing you accuse me, and to a lesser extent Zheii of.

Kindly take your leave. We actually posted legitimate concerns about your video in that thread, it isn't our fault you can't handle criticism, however all you're doing here is disrupting a perfectly fine thread.

Please sir, you've munched too many butts and it's affecting your judgement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited May 2014
    Options

In summary,

Well I suppose if she flammed you, I understand where you are coming from and tbh you are both right in a sense lol
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options

In summary,

It always amuses me how you're so good at playing the victim Kniraven, I posted my honest thoughts and opinions on your PvP style, and I even suggested some things I think you could do to improve, posting PvP videos you should be open to criticisms, and be constantly working to improve yourself. Which if you actually took the time to read this thread before you posted, you'd see that I'm working on improvement too, and I always will be.
    Put on your humble hat for 5 minutes and stop being so over defensive Kniraven.
    Well I suppose if she flammed you, I understand where you are coming from and tbh you are both right in a sense lol

I was not purposefully trying to flame/bait/upset him, and it's sad that he's bringing his misplaced hurt into this thread, which up until he posted was actually really great and informative.
    Thanks for all your help and suggestions by the way Sceletta, it's appreciated!

Also guys, I would greatly appreciate it if this topic was now dropped, I do not want this thread to be closed due to it being off topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options

Also guys, I would greatly appreciate it if this topic was now dropped, I do not want this thread to be closed and warnings issued due to it being off topic and turning into a troll/flamefest.

b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Options
    On Topic:
    Skills don't have accuracy settings aside from "will not miss" or "xx% chance to do x".
    Your criticism of the skill is invalid and demonstrates a lack of understanding in the basics of this game's function.

The entire thread is pretty much pointless because it's a complaint and advice to others on something fictional and/or inaccurate.

You can make an attack hit more often by increasing your personal accuracy.

Now, everything has been answered and there is nothing further to discuss.

It would be equivalent to me posting a thread about how fail the skill "drakes ray" is because when i have no weapon on it does bad damage, so people shouldn't get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Kniraven... you're only addressing the (admittedly silly on her end) second point she brought up when she mistakenly believed that skills have an accuracy setting separate from the character itself.

While that's a pretty big error to make... it's not the only point she's had and yet it is the only thing you're focusing on while jumping in here against her solely for what was going on in a different topic.

On top of that, others have ALREADY pointed that out to her. Repeatedly. You're not addressing the inability to choose a status (a perfectly valid complaint) or loss of AoE functionality. At best, your posts in here are a strawman argument because of issues in another thread.

So either discuss the merits of the skill... or leave the thread as you have nothing to actually contribute. If the only thing she was annoyed about was "LOL I HAVE BAD ACCURACY BUT THE SKILL IS MAKING ME MISS AND NOT MY LACK OF ACCURACY" then you'd have a legitimate point and your comparison could work. However, that is not the case.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Oh i see. My mistake Kossy.
    So her complaint is that before she had a 65% chance to get spirit bore status OR a 25% chance to get bloodletting, where as now she has a 65%chance to get spiritbore AND a 25% chance to get bloodletting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Oh i see. My mistake Kossy.
    So her complaint is that before she had a 65% chance to get spirit bore status OR a 25% chance to get bloodletting, where as now she has a 65%chance to get spiritbore AND a 25% chance to get bloodletting.

I think you're misinterpreting.

Her complaint is that she no longer has control over which of the skill procs will go off. This, combined with a Seeker's naturally poor accuracy make it difficult to activate the stance she'd like. Thus, a thread complaining about it. I'd be a bit disappointed if I was stuck with only being able to activate a random skill proc a % of the time, rather than having full control over which stance I'd like to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Options

Her complaint is that she no longer has control over which of the skill procs will go off. This, combined with a Seeker's naturally poor accuracy make it difficult to activate the stance she'd like. Thus, a thread complaining about it. I'd be a bit disappointed if I was stuck with only being able to activate a random skill proc a % of the time, rather than having full control over which stance I'd like to use.

She wants spiritbore? K. She's just as likely to get spiritbore as she was before. No change. She wants bloodletting? K. She's just as likely to get it as she was before. No change.

Only change is she might also get the other status while trying for the one she wants. It's an improvement in every way shape and form
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Options

This.

It's somewhat similar to a sage/demon archer's aim low (though, the case of aim low has it purely beneficial). X% chance of one proc, Y% chance of the other proc... but completely out of your control over which happens wheras before she could choose and prepare herself based on said choice (not to mention the AoE complaints).

It's more like if Roar of the pride and Ocean's Edge were merged into a single target only skill (the complaint about AoE debuffing) that had a chance to slow, chance to stun, or chance to do nothing... and whenever you used the skill it would be a coin flip as to what effect you'd get.

Yes, some may see it as an improvement... however others would be rather put-off by the change and have complaints. If you want to discuss that or ways to handle it, go right ahead.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This.

It's somewhat similar to a sage/demon archer's aim low (though, the case of aim low has it purely beneficial). X% chance of one proc, Y% chance of the other proc... but completely out of your control over which happens wheras before she could choose and prepare herself based on said choice (not to mention the AoE complaints).

It's more like if Roar of the pride and Ocean's Edge were merged into a single target only skill (the complaint about AoE debuffing) that had a chance to slow, chance to stun, or chance to do nothing... and whenever you used the skill it would be a coin flip as to what effect you'd get.

Yes, some may see it as an improvement... however others would be rather put-off by the change and have complaints. If you want to discuss that or ways to handle it, go right ahead.

See that'd be awesome because my roar would still stun people like 90% of the time exactly like it did before + also have a chance to slow them? Kick a$s!

The AoE maybe a legitimate complaint (for gravel blade) from a pve perspective but changes little in pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    She wants spiritbore? K. She's just as likely to get spiritbore as she was before. No change. She wants bloodletting? K. She's just as likely to get it as she was before. No change.

Only change is she might also get the other status while trying for the one she wants. It's an improvement in every way shape and form

Except for the part where she traded the ability to choose which effect she'd like to try to activate for the ability to have them both go off at random. Honestly, if the chances to proc them were higher or the skill had a 100% accuracy gimmick, it'd probably be a damn good trade, but I can see why it's a let down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Well now that this seems to be heading back on track, I'll take my leave. You guys play nice now! b:chuckle
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Except for the part where she traded the ability to choose which effect she'd like to try to activate for the ability to have them both go off at random. Honestly, if the chances to proc them were higher or the skill had a 100% accuracy gimmick, it'd probably be a damn good trade, but I can see why it's a let down.

... Nope.
    She is EXACTLY as likely to get whichever status she wants as she was before. There is 0 change there.
    All that happened is she got the additional bonus of also maybe getting another status.

And lets be honest here.
    The OP is 85% "Waaah my accuracy bad", 12% "waaaah i get both statuses in 1 with no decrease whatsoever to proc rate" and then 1 single off hand sentence about pve aoe loss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Well now that this seems to be heading back on track, I'll take my leave. You guys play nice now! b:chuckle

No, no.. After seeing the post I quote below I do believe I'm done with him.
    ... Nope.
    She is EXACTLY as likely to get whichever status she wants as she was before. There is 0 change there.
    All that happened is she got the additional bonus of also maybe getting another status.

And lets be honest here.
    The OP is 85% "Waaah my accuracy bad", 12% "waaaah i get both statuses in 1 with no decrease whatsoever to proc rate" and then 1 single off hand sentence about pve aoe loss

You're very dense. There's not much point in indulging your stupidity and letting you fill the thread with it.

Thanks for bumping her thread though I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.