DD/PvP non legendary pets

Raujada - Archosaur
Raujada - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Venomancer
I know I know, the solution to all my troubles is just get Herc and Nix and shut the heck up. The problem is that I'm not good at all with making golds, so I need some advices about alternative pets while farming like a idiot for gears, which are my priority over pets. I don't feel so useful if I die in one hit just because my pet is dead.
I wonder what pet should I use for pvp and istances, as DD. I rather to not choose the Petite Sawfly because flying pets are not allowed in all istances and dungeons and could get stuck on the ground (why this glitch still exist in 2014??). I know that the Varicose Scorpion and the Dark Wanderer are good DD pets, but what's better? The Dark Wanderer is much more nice to see than the scorpion, I have to admit it, I would be happy to use that but I need some suggestions about skills to use. It's even faster, if I remember well. Do you know any alternative? Are the bears nice for DD?
Thank you!
Post edited by Raujada - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Glacial Walker and the Magmites are good DD and tankier than any other free pets.

Varicose Scorpion and Dark Wanderer are the best DD pets below level 101 (when the Dino becomes available). Scorp does more damage if you load it up with bashes and cycle through them, Wanderer does more damage if bashes aren't used (say you set both to have Howl (the old skill, not the mood skill) as the default, and don't cycle skills) and is less squishy than the scorp. Seamonster Guardian is also up there, just shy of the Wanderer's attack rating, but squishier. Bears are tanky, but sorta low on the attack rating.

Old topic, not a lot new to say about it. You can check pet stats at 100 on Ecatomb, or at tame level at the Ultimate Pet List on the wiki (some of which link to more detailed pages on individual pets.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personally I don't think it's worth using pets in PvP unless you have a Phoenix or a Monkey. Even then, if your Phoenix/Monkey don't have Strong/Protect etc. and a good inherit roll in defence/HP/defence level (and player damage reduction buff) they are still going to be squishy.

Everything else is pretty much a 1-shot or 2-shot unless you take a non-legendary pet and throw legendary skills at it too and yet it still won't compare to legendaries.

In PvE there are various options such as those Mayfly suggested.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wonder what pet should I use for pvp and istances, as DD. I rather to not choose the Petite Sawfly because flying pets are not allowed in all istances and dungeons and could get stuck on the ground (why this glitch still exist in 2014??).
    Fist of all separate pvp and pve. Magmite is good choice for instances, but it's not a pvp pet.

Then, what kind of pvp? Self defence from occasional PKers on quest mobs? Hanging in pvp areas? 1v1 with players with equal gear? Soulfly is the best for letter, considering you both don't have OP gear.

For defending yourself and active mass pvp you need to have decent armor, since no one will target your pet, but you in the first place. Good pet is useful only if you are experienced, tanky, prepared, skilled, have good genie, enough pots and fast reaction. Start training with any pet (bear with stun skill will also do I suppose) and you will see, it's only helpful addition, but not the thing which makes you good at pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hear ya on the not being rich, and I love using my non-cash-shop pets in nation wars (but Im by no means a huge hitter). I only pvp in nation wars.. any pvp outside that is some archer shooting me while I'm wandering... real world pvp.. I always die and Im never paying attention. Im only in pvp mode for the 100 instance.

I ran with my shadou cub for the longest time.. his stun gives me time to boogie if need be. Plus he's small and ppl dont notice him right away, but he's used pretty much just for the stun, its up to me to figure out what to do while theyre stunned (run or purge or hit etc).

I LOVE my scorpion.. he's all evolved now and has a nice dmg reducer thats an aoe.. it comes in handy when my opponents aren't one shotting me. He seems to do nicely on clerics.

I evolved that sawfly too... but honestly all he does is freak ppl out.. sometimes they'll run cuz he's freaky looking (ditto with the scorp)...he does a bit of damage but really he's just a nice distraction while I throw something at them.

I just started using my froggy to cancel channeling (doesnt cost much to max that skill). He's handy on mags if they don't see him coming.. and I have to warn my team members to get ready and jump on them b4 the cancel runs out.

I freaking love my rare pets.. I loved catching them, leveling them, playing them. They aren't the best, but nothing makes me happier than taking down another veno with a Herc with them... all that said tho.. I just bought myself a Nix for a birthday present.
  • Raujada - Archosaur
    Raujada - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You're right, Marengo... if you suck at being a Veno, leg pets won't save you. That's why I want to get good gears instead of spend coins and time on source of force.

I pvp only in nw too, maybe in tw in future, but nothing else just like you, Unbroken. And yes, even if rare pets are not strong like the leg, I love to bring them all around and use them just for fun :D