Events, events, events!

Comments

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good ideas sparkie, other ideas could be

Go to a server and summon a bunch of bosses for ppl to kill! Even if the bosses kill ppl it would be fun.

Kill the GM!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AzureWings - Raging Tide
    AzureWings - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Great to see GM events!
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good ideas sparkie, other ideas could be

Go to a server and summon a bunch of bosses for ppl to kill! Even if the bosses kill ppl it would be fun.

Kill the GM!

Such a great idea...its been over a week and people have only brought this thread up to 4 pages cuz they are more concerned with actual game problems then they are with silly events that are most likely to be biased or help out the rich players more than anything. Time for a wake up call. Ive seen threads get over 20 pages in the amount of time this has gotten 4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Theres a problem with the second game and thats that the person you choose can't be an archer or sin because they can stealth. Also there is an unfair advantage for those classes that run faster and have more speed skills. For the first event, it could be fun, but someone will always ruin the fun b:surrender.

What you should do create events that happen at completely random times during the times that the server is most populated and a boss will spawn, a huge boss in a completely random location. This boss will be as strong as the primal world boss and would take a faction to kill it. The catch is that the boss will be extremely worth doing because it would drop 100s of millions of coins in coins/stuff. Or you can release new extremely powerful items (stronger than existing ones) that this boss only drops and attempt to bring farming gear back to life. b:victory

Or maybe this boss can drop actual S cards, or S+ cards O.o
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Traitor game sounds fun :O
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Such a great idea...its been over a week and people have only brought this thread up to 4 pages cuz they are more concerned with actual game problems then they are with silly events that are most likely to be biased or help out the rich players more than anything. Time for a wake up call. Ive seen threads get over 20 pages in the amount of time this has gotten 4.

Being one of the most active posters ever in this history of these forums, I can safely say that wanting more GM interaction and GM lead events has been one of the most requested suggestions of all times. Just because people aren't posting a lot about helping to plan them, doesn't mean they do not want to participate. In addition, any and all in-game created events and fixes has to come from China. This is one of the few things that PWI has complete control over. Your post is a bit like claiming that Burger King better wakeup because pizza is the most delivered fast food in America. Burger King can't just start serving Pizza Hut pizzas, even if they wanted to do so. The two are separate issues. And besides that, even if they could, they should still also be working on improving the quality of their burgers. PWI should be increasing GM interaction with players, in addition to whatever in-game problems that they should be communicating with China about. One does not preclude the others.

Oh, and lately the only thread that get 20 pages in the same amount of time are mostly a couple of bickering and/or debating respectively, or rage threads. There are others, but for the most time forum activity is down. As it often is this time of year.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    Being one of the most active posters ever in this history of these forums, I can safely say that wanting more GM interaction and GM lead events has been one of the most requested suggestions of all times. Just because people aren't posting a lot about helping to plan them, doesn't mean they do not want to participate. In addition, any and all in-game created events and fixes has to come from China. This is one of the few things that PWI has complete control over. Your post is a bit like claiming that Burger King better wakeup because pizza is the most delivered fast food in America. Burger King can't just start serving Pizza Hut pizzas, even if they wanted to do so. The two are separate issues. And besides that, even if they could, they should still also be working on improving the quality of their burgers. PWI should be increasing GM interaction with players, in addition to whatever in-game problems that they should be communicating with China about. One does not preclude the others.

Oh, and lately the only thread that get 20 pages in the same amount of time are mostly a couple of bickering and/or debating respectively, or rage threads. There are others, but for the most time forum activity is down. As it often is this time of year.

Yea you are so right we HAVE asked for more GM interaction...but ONE GM isnt gonna help, and tbh its almost getting to be too late for any real GM interaction to help this dying game. If PWE paid GMs to actually be active on the servers 24/7 as they SHOULD be as they are for MOST mmos this game wouldnt be falling into a **** hole. SO MANY PEOPLE have or are quitting. This game is falling apart and me and many other people see it but PWE sits on its butt all day and refuses to acknowledge it..not that it really matters as i suspect its a bit too late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Yea you are so right we HAVE asked for more GM interaction...but ONE GM isnt gonna help, and tbh its almost getting to be too late for any real GM interaction to help this dying game. If PWE paid GMs to actually be active on the servers 24/7 as they SHOULD be as they are for MOST mmos this game wouldnt be falling into a **** hole. SO MANY PEOPLE have or are quitting. This game is falling apart and me and many other people see it but PWE sits on its butt all day and refuses to acknowledge it..not that it really matters as i suspect its a bit too late.

If it's too late then your point is moot as it wouldn't matter anymore. If so, then it is nice to give players some fun things to do until it shuts down as a thank you for years of patronage. Many companies do so. And if isn't too late, then increasing player interaction through the use of events can only be a good thing. Again, saying they shouldn't run events because of other issues you have with their service, is a bit like saying if people don't like Burger King's burgers or service, that Burger King should not work on it's burgers. It's ridiculous. Listening to players who want more events is a good thing, no matter what other problems you have with the game. And one does not preclude the other, no matter how much you insist it is so. They can be doing other things, nobody in their right mind would argue against that. But saying GM events are bad and nobody wants them is dishonest, lots of people have suggested they want to see this type of activity for many, many years.

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    If it's too late then your point is moot as it wouldn't matter anymore. If so, then it is nice to give players some fun things to do until it shuts down as a thank you for years of patronage. Many companies do so. And if isn't too late, then increasing player interaction through the use of events can only be a good thing. Again, saying they shouldn't run events because of other issues you have with their service, is a bit like saying if people don't like Burger King's burgers or service, that Burger King should not work on it's burgers. It's ridiculous. Listening to players who want more events is a good thing, no matter what other problems you have with the game. And one does not preclude the other, no matter how much you insist it is so. They can be doing other things, nobody in their right mind would argue against that. But saying GM events are bad and nobody wants them is dishonest, lots of people have suggested they want to see this type of activity for many, many years.

the fact that this thread STILL only has 4 pages is kinda honoring my point that no one really cares anymore. You are right people DO want more gm interaction...they DO want more events..i never said they really didnt. The point is now that the game is all but screwed and ONE person making silly events that CLEARLY need more thought arent going to help save it in the long run. I do applaud the recent surge in good customer service practices i have heard from my fellow players....but sadly it almost seems too little too late. As i said before ill keep playing pwi till the end the problem is that many other gamers have already given up. PWE has just started working hard to try to save the game and make it more interesting and fun...but many of the things they give us seem to SOLELY be geared toward players that spend $$$$$$ into the game. While sure they need more of that green to keep the game running it wont stay running if they end up losing all the players that dont spend mad cash to be OP. They are effectively rubbing out their main player base with ever new silly content update.

oh look this comment made the thread FINALLY have 5 pages...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    the fact that this thread STILL only has 4 pages is kinda honoring my point that no one really cares anymore. You are right people DO want more gm interaction...they DO want more events..i never said they really didnt. The point is now that the game is all but screwed and ONE person making silly events that CLEARLY need more thought arent going to help save it in the long run. I do applaud the recent surge in good customer service practices i have heard from my fellow players....but sadly it almost seems too little too late. As i said before ill keep playing pwi till the end the problem is that many other gamers have already given up. PWE has just started working hard to try to save the game and make it more interesting and fun...but many of the things they give us seem to SOLELY be geared toward players that spend $$$$$$ into the game. While sure they need more of that green to keep the game running it wont stay running if they end up losing all the players that dont spend mad cash to be OP. They are effectively rubbing out their main player base with ever new silly content update.

oh look this comment made the thread FINALLY have 5 pages...

No, no it doesn't. Just because the thread only has 4 pages, doesn't mean nobody cares. Plenty of people looking forward to the event. The forums in general are very quiet atm, I would know. Implying that they don't care anymore, implies they don't want more events like this. And again, what you seem to be missing is that if you want to save a business, this is exactly the type of stuff they need to be doing. This has zip to do with the content updates, that's got nothing to do with whether or not it's good to run an event. If Burger King wanted to save it's restaurants, it would need to improve not just it's service but the all the different types of burgers too. Just complaining about content and saying that they shouldn't have events because of that is ridiculous. This is exactly the type of thing they need to be doing, ofc, this isn't all they need to be doing. But you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. If you want to do more to draw in customers, you should be improving on all fronts. And that includes listening to the player suggestions that you can, like running events.

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh, just found this thread (It's been hiding from me)

I was really sad that I missed the last GM event q.q so glad there there is going to be more! Looking forward to hopefully taking part in these fun games! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I had some ideas for a few events and wanted to get some feedback from all of you! Here are my ideas, so let me know what you think!

Traitor Games

This event will be familiar to anyone who has ever played a game called Gary's Mod. Essentially what I plan to do with this event, is pull about 5-10 random players from each server and summon them to an isolated location where I would be. From here, I'd pick a person to play the traitor. The catch would be, only he/she knows they are the traitor. Everyone else will be told they are innocent. So in essence, no one knows who is who! From there, it is up to the players' to figure out who the traitor is, while trying to convince the other players that they are innocent. If the traitor is killed (PVP servers) or everyone guesses correctly (PVE servers), then the innocent win. If the reverse happens and the traitor ends up not being killed, he/she wins!
    So on PvP servers you'd just end up with a last man standing situation? Might want to add the rule that if an innocent is slain, the attacker is also disqualified. Reminds me of a dutch reality TV show though, this idea...
    Taken

This event is a lot more simple. I would have players sign up, who are willing to be taken/kidnapped by me! You would have to let me know (on the forum thread when the event is ready to go) your character name, server, and time you play most often. Once I have enough candidates, I will randomly go to the server you're on, PM you that I'm about to take you, and take you! From here, I will announce to the server that "x" player has been taken and it is up to the server to come and find you. Now, instead of having you just sit around, I would have you run and hide, but there's a catch! You will not be able to mount or fly, while the people looking for you, can! Hide long enough, and you win a prize (server gets a consolation prize). Get caught, and the server will get a prize (and you a consolation prize.

Also disable stealth and stealth pots, or you'll end up with a Sin=Win situation. And no sneaking into an instance either (where noone -can- find you because instances are unique to each party). This will usually end up with someone being at the edge of the map somewhere, probably hiding deep down in water.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    No, no it doesn't. Just because the thread only has 4 pages, doesn't mean nobody cares. Plenty of people looking forward to the event. The forums in general are very quiet atm, I would know. Implying that they don't care anymore, implies they don't want more events like this. And again, what you seem to be missing is that if you want to save a business, this is exactly the type of stuff they need to be doing. This has zip to do with the content updates, that's got nothing to do with whether or not it's good to run an event. If Burger King wanted to save it's restaurants, it would need to improve not just it's service but the all the different types of burgers too. Just complaining about content and saying that they shouldn't have events because of that is ridiculous. This is exactly the type of thing they need to be doing, ofc, this isn't all they need to be doing. But you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. If you want to do more to draw in customers, you should be improving on all fronts. And that includes listening to the player suggestions that you can, like running events.

Seeing as how this is a sticky and how normally a stickyed thread garners a large amount of attention, it IS a problem when its not getting many pages of response....you are right the forums ARE quiet at the moment...and the servers are ALSO getting more and more quiet every day. You can continue using the Burker King example all you want im ignoring it. The fact is that this game needs MORE than events atm, especially events that wont really help the current game state as much. Unless these are legit events integrated into every day or weekly events players can do to keep us more attracted to keep playing they WONT do much good. Having an event where the sparkie comes on for like 30 mins to each server is NOT helping players stay in the game. I rest my case with it. I have read and understand your point but you seem to be skirting around mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Seeing as how this is a sticky and how normally a stickyed thread garners a large amount of attention, it IS a problem when its not getting many pages of response....you are right the forums ARE quiet at the moment...and the servers are ALSO getting more and more quiet every day. You can continue using the Burker King example all you want im ignoring it. The fact is that this game needs MORE than events atm, especially events that wont really help the current game state as much. Unless these are legit events integrated into every day or weekly events players can do to keep us more attracted to keep playing they WONT do much good. Having an event where the sparkie comes on for like 30 mins to each server is NOT helping players stay in the game. I rest my case with it. I have read and understand your point but you seem to be skirting around mine.

The Pando thread only has 3 pages and has been around longer, but I know a lot of people found that one very helpful. Being a sticky just means it will get more views, not necessarily more comments. This is an announcement of a plan to develop an event that doesn't even have a date yet. Pretty much all the problems with the event have been posted. The other events didn't get a lot of comments either but had pretty darn good turnout. You reject the Burger King example because it proves how your point is ridiculous, there is not a single reason the quality should not improve on every front. It doesn't matter that the game needs more than events. It still needs events. You improve a business on all fronts when it's doing bad, not just the big things. There is a lot of research that shows that people remember the little things like this when they think about businesses. I use BK as an example because once when they messed up my order, they gave me a free pie. I didn't need the free pie, could've afforded it on my own, but 6 years later I still go to the same particular one, even though it's a bit out of my way. Because the one that is closest to me doesn't do the little things as well. They got the same food quality though. Most people have stories like that.

And the devs are in China, suggestion PWI to just develop their own content is the same as suggesting Burger King should just start delivering Pizza Hut pizzas. They are legal restrictions in place that prevent them from doing that. The thing that PWE can do is things like this, improved customer service, actually banning people who break the TOS, improving web features, etc. They are limited to what China wants to do as regard to digital content. Everyone knows that. And yes a good CM can help bring people into the game. Participation and reviews went way up when V4liance was still CM. People still sing the praises of Spoons interaction with the community. You think that his interaction didn't add value and fun to the game? The game was a total grindfest back then. Yes the amount of people surely had the biggest impact, but Spoons made a big difference and his impact is still felt and discussed and remembered to this day.

• Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Pando thread only has 3 pages and has been around longer, but I know a lot of people found that one very helpful. Being a sticky just means it will get more views, not necessarily more comments. This is an announcement of a plan to develop an event that doesn't even have a date yet. Pretty much all the problems with the event have been posted. The other events didn't get a lot of comments either but had pretty darn good turnout. You reject the Burger King example because it proves how your point is ridiculous, there is not a single reason the quality should not improve on every front. It doesn't matter that the game needs more than events. It still needs events. You improve a business on all fronts when it's doing bad, not just the big things. There is a lot of research that shows that people remember the little things like this when they think about businesses. I use BK as an example because once when they messed up my order, they gave me a free pie. I didn't need the free pie, could've afforded it on my own, but 6 years later I still go to the same particular one, even though it's a bit out of my way. Because the one that is closest to me doesn't do the little things as well. They got the same food quality though. Most people have stories like that.

And the devs are in China, suggestion PWI to just develop their own content is the same as suggesting Burger King should just start delivering Pizza Hut pizzas. They are legal restrictions in place that prevent them from doing that. The thing that PWE can do is things like this, improved customer service, actually banning people who break the TOS, improving web features, etc. They are limited to what China wants to do as regard to digital content. Everyone knows that. And yes a good CM can help bring people into the game. Participation and reviews went way up when V4liance was still CM. People still sing the praises of Spoons interaction with the community. You think that his interaction didn't add value and fun to the game? The game was a total grindfest back then. Yes the amount of people surely had the biggest impact, but Spoons made a big difference and his impact is still felt and discussed and remembered to this day.

I dont know if this is just me, but for argument sake, lets say sparkie gets 1 hour per day per server to do gm related activitys. I would rather see him online for an hour sorting issues out than running events like this. all those scammers, gold bots, overly offensive people etc dealt with.

Just my 2centb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    I dont know if this is just me, but for argument sake, lets say sparkie gets 1 hour per day per server to do gm related activitys. I would rather see him online for an hour sorting issues out than running events like this. all those scammers, gold bots, overly offensive people etc dealt with.

That's actually not how it works though. Doing events doesn't prevent him from doing server stuffs if he's supposed to be doing that. Lucky for us! Different GMs have different responsibilities as well, the community manager's job is to manage the community. That's why in the past it's also been other CMs to have done these things. The guys who monitor ticket reports about such things are different people. They are usually the ones who would be in charge of banning such people. To continue with the restaurant example, complaining about the CM running events when you want change to the digital content is a bit like telling the fry cook he should continue to serve burnt french fries because the restaurant isn't open during sensible hours. The person you'd want to talk to about the hours is the store manager, and you shouldn't be campaigning for burnt french fries just because you have a problem with something else. The store manager should be improving the store front, and the fry cook shouldn't be burning the fries. It isn't an either/or type of thing. Why fight for burnt fries? Why fight to convince the CM to ignore the community and not interact with the players in things like events. Haven't we had enough of that, having had no CM for a while?

And even if it is too little too late because the store manager won't do anything. Why would you fight for the fry cook to continue to burn the fries until the bitter end. Isn't it a good thing he isn't serving those and doing his part to make things better? Isn't it nice to serve people good fries at least until the store closes down, as a thank you for continuing to come to your restaurant? If it's too late, why complain about the GMs doing what they can to make it a fun ride on the way out? And if it isn't too late, isn't having the CM listening to us and increasing GM interaction like we've been asking for, for years, a good thing?

And again, nobody in there right mind would suggest this is the only thing that should happen. IJS that this good that this happening, and it while it should happen in addition to other things, even on it's own it's good for the playerbase. It's good that the CM is attempting to improve some aspect that he can control and giving the players something they've wanted for years which is more GM led interaction and events.

• PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I had some ideas for a few events and wanted to get some feedback from all of you! Here are my ideas, so let me know what you think!

Taken

This event is a lot more simple. I would have players sign up, who are willing to be taken/kidnapped by me! You would have to let me know (on the forum thread when the event is ready to go) your character name, server, and time you play most often. Once I have enough candidates, I will randomly go to the server you're on, PM you that I'm about to take you, and take you! From here, I will announce to the server that "x" player has been taken and it is up to the server to come and find you. Now, instead of having you just sit around, I would have you run and hide, but there's a catch! You will not be able to mount or fly, while the people looking for you, can! Hide long enough, and you win a prize (server gets a consolation prize). Get caught, and the server will get a prize (and you a consolation prize)

I like the sound of this game. But i would also caution to be careful who you choose to take. Depending on the person worldchat may come alive with " Good you can keep them" b:chuckle b:laugh
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014

Assuming the CM had that sort of power... I highly doubt it'd be something we'd see publicly. Plus, considering the way GM related events seem to be handled it's more like he'd spend 30 minutes to an hour on two to three servers over X amount of days until whatever event occurs is done.

... Which leaves the entire rest of the day for dealing with issues based on the assumption he had that sort of power to begin with. Far better than the alternative of contributing to the sense most of us have by now of how the GMs don't even look at the game and are never there. Sure, there's a lot more that PWE needs to do to get their act together, but something is better than nothing and GM interaction is a thing we've been complaining about for a LONG time.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited April 2014

-snip-

And again, nobody in there right mind would suggest this is the only thing that should happen. IJS that this good that this happening, and it while it should happen in addition to other things, even on it's own it's good for the playerbase. It's good that the CM is attempting to improve some aspect that he can control and giving the players something they've wanted for years which is more GM led interaction and events.

Im not saying i dont want in game GM interaction, aside from seeing BearClaw as soon as maint is over and the servers are back up i dont think i can even recall any gm interaction of any sort. Personally, i feel that if a GM just logging on causes people to drop what they are doing to come and see the GM, it kinda proves how rare a GM being online is.

Side note, was looking at a list of top f2p MMO's and pwi was on there, one of the pro's of pwi was "lots of in game GM activity", so what happened?

I feel that although these events might help there are better things to be doing in the time, to keep with the BK scenario, why work on the fries when the restaurant is filled with thieves who scare the customers away? Doesnt matter how good the fries are, people are not going to want to be mugged to taste them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Im not saying i dont want in game GM interaction, aside from seeing BearClaw as soon as maint is over and the servers are back up i dont think i can even recall any gm interaction of any sort. Personally, i feel that if a GM just logging on causes people to drop what they are doing to come and see the GM, it kinda proves how rare a GM being online is.

Side note, was looking at a list of top f2p MMO's and pwi was on there, one of the pro's of pwi was "lots of in game GM activity", so what happened?

I feel that although these events might help there are better things to be doing in the time, to keep with the BK scenario, why work on the fries when the restaurant is filled with thieves who scare the customers away? Doesnt matter how good the fries are, people are not going to want to be mugged to taste them.

So you call the police.You don't just go well since the police aren't doing anything, I may as well just serve slop to the people who do risk life and limb to come here. And what's the fry cook supposed to do about the thieves if the police won't intervene? Turn into a vigilante who doesn't play by the rules? Risk getting in the trouble with the law himself and going to jail, to get revenge and serve up justice, over some french fries? Actually that sounds like a terribly funny action movie parody idea. But no, in RL areas with a lot of crime, the restaurants still try to serve decent food. As they should since that's their livelihood. I know from experience. If he's gotta work there, he should what he can do and report the other problems to the people who can do something about it. Giving customers what they have asked for years, and what used to be a major selling point of your business isn't a waste of time. It's just good business to do things to make customers happy. Not just say well there are other problems, so I'm not even gonna try and continue to serve burnt fries or in this case, continue to ignore the playerbase and not give us events and interaction type things like we've been asking forever.

And the side note is exactly my point about the GM activity making a difference btw, these type of events are a selling point when they are done well and often.

edited April 2014
    So you call the police.You don't just go well since the police aren't doing anything, I may as well just serve slop to the people who do risk life and limb to come here. And what's the fry cook supposed to do about the thieves if the police won't intervene? Turn into a vigilante who doesn't play by the rules? Risk getting in the trouble with the law himself and going to jail, to get revenge and serve up justice, over some french fries? Actually that sounds like a terribly funny action movie parody idea. But no, in RL areas with a lot of crime, the restaurants still try to serve decent food. As they should since that's their livelihood. I know from experience. If he's gotta work there, he should what he can do and report the other problems to the people who can do something about it. Giving customers what they have asked for years, and what used to be a major selling point of your business isn't a waste of time. It's just good business to do things to make customers happy. Not just say well there are other problems, so I'm not even gonna try and continue to serve burnt fries or in this case, continue to ignore the playerbase and not give us events and interaction type things like we've been asking forever.

And the side note is exactly my point about the GM activity making a difference btw, these type of events are a selling point when they are done well and often.

Yes, you would call the police, or in pwi's case, report them. Which to be frank, doesnt seem to do much good from what ive seen. Obviously i know bans and such are not allowed to be discussed so i doubt anything will publicly done. But there are still those people who exploit glitches and close to nothing is done. Goons and that +10 orb thing for example. There are people who still have their 105 after a 2 week ban, and others who still have all their +10 gear after a 2 week ban to which the compensation for those who did not abuse or even use it once, was the expansion released early, which wasnt even completable due to the letter quest untill 2 weeks ago? And you can argue that its not pwi's fault because we have to wait on china, but recently that just seems like a repeating excuse.

And again, dont get me wrong, i think that these GM events could be rather fun. Occasionally someone will mention something from years ago when GMs were actually online and such. Ive seen several mentions of GMs spawning world bosses to kill and dueling and trying to kill them. Even one where someone got ported to an island and had loads of level one mobs spawned on them. And its these little things that i think would be more beneficial to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014

Yes, you would call the police, or in pwi's case, report them. Which to be frank, doesnt seem to do much good from what ive seen. Obviously i know bans and such are not allowed to be discussed so i doubt anything will publicly done. But there are still those people who exploit glitches and close to nothing is done. Goons and that +10 orb thing for example. There are people who still have their 105 after a 2 week ban, and others who still have all their +10 gear after a 2 week ban to which the compensation for those who did not abuse or even use it once, was the expansion released early, which wasnt even completable due to the letter quest untill 2 weeks ago? And you can argue that its not pwi's fault because we have to wait on china, but recently that just seems like a repeating excuse.

Anything in-game content wise is China's thing, it's not a repeating excuse it's a continuing reality. Just like if you had to get your bosses permission for example, everytime you gave a refund. Eventually you would say it so much it would seem lame. But no matter how times you say it, it doesn't make it not true. I'm guessing the GMs like being employed, and would like to continue being employed. And PWE as a company could lose it's license if it just did what it wanted, then it would shut down. While that is certainly one way to not have glitches, I don't think that's the direction they or us as gamers would prefer. As for being better about banning people, aye, customer support in this game hasn't been the best over the years. But banning people is more the ticket team's job, and whether or not they improve on that front is independent on whether or not Sparkie runs events. To use the BK example, the Fry Cook isn't the janitor. You want clean facilities for sure, but it's a different job.
    And again, dont get me wrong, i think that these GM events could be rather fun. Occasionally someone will mention something from years ago when GMs were actually online and such. Ive seen several mentions of GMs spawning world bosses to kill and dueling and trying to kill them. Even one where someone got ported to an island and had loads of level one mobs spawned on them. And its these little things that i think would be more beneficial to the game.

Precisely why I want them to run more of them, they are always so memorable and fun to discuss. I hope these aren't the last of the events!

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014

You TOTALLY skipped over the point of what dometheis said. He is talking about GM actually being on servers regularly and doing their jobs...getting rid of these scammers with their gold sites and stopping the stupidity that happens on World Chat ALL THE TIME. He is talking about ACTUAL GM INTERACTION....where gms are actually online doing their job not just online some parts of the day. Your use of ..idk similes.. is really aggravating i hate to say but ur taking a subject we are all aware of and trying to compare it to real life. We are ALL AWARE that PWE has to keep the game running on all aspects and still make its money. Clearly we arent children that need you to give us examples in other means. The point is that GMs arent on the servers enough. They arent keeping the **** out of the game they should....and he was stating that it USED to be one of the defining points of what made PWI so good and now its nonexistent. If you are seriously going to quote a person and respond to what they said at least try to touch the actual subject they said and not talk around it. ATM your sounding like a boy bugle player for PWI....HEAR YE HEAR YE....PWE LOVES YOU ALL AND IS DOING THEIR BEST...no one really cares we expect real results we dont care if they are TRYING....they should have been trying harder for a longer time.

I APPLAUD sparkiesoft...he is a great CM and in NO WAY do i blame or condone the idea of more in game events im just trying to be realistic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    You TOTALLY skipped over the point of what dometheis said. He is talking about GM actually being on servers regularly and doing their jobs...getting rid of these scammers with their gold sites and stopping the stupidity that happens on World Chat ALL THE TIME. He is talking about ACTUAL GM INTERACTION....where gms are actually online doing their job not just online some parts of the day. Your use of ..idk similes.. is really aggravating i hate to say but ur taking a subject we are all aware of and trying to compare it to real life. We are ALL AWARE that PWE has to keep the game running on all aspects and still make its money. Clearly we arent children that need you to give us examples in other means. The point is that GMs arent on the servers enough. They arent keeping the **** out of the game they should....and he was stating that it USED to be one of the defining points of what made PWI so good and now its nonexistent. If you are seriously going to quote a person and respond to what they said at least try to touch the actual subject they said and not talk around it. ATM your sounding like a boy bugle player for PWI....HEAR YE HEAR YE....PWE LOVES YOU ALL AND IS DOING THEIR BEST...no one really cares we expect real results we dont care if they are TRYING....they should have been trying harder for a longer time.

I APPLAUD sparkiesoft...he is a great CM and in NO WAY do i blame or condone the idea of more in game events im just trying to be realistic.

I didn't skip over his points, I addressed them if you'd read carefully. The point is he and ticket team have different jobs. Banning people for the stuff they say on world chat isn't his main job, he can do if he's doing other things, but it's a different person that does that. The ticket team handles that duty. That's why people are told to submit tickets when they have problems. Claiming he should not run events because he should be doing other people's jobs is flat out ridiculous. I compared it to real life to illustrate a point of how ridiculous you would sound if you applied the same principles to other people. This is a RL life company with a RL job structure the same as any other company. You maybe thinking virtually but when it comes to customer support, I think of actual real life. Because it's real life people behind those avatars, and they all have different job titles. He can pass on your feedback but that should not stop him from the best he can with what he can do. You are arguing that he shouldn't be doing events because you have a problem with the way other people are doing their jobs. That is flat out absurd. There is not a single reason we cannot have both of those things. It's not a one or the other type situation, because different people handle those responsibilities.

If you were really as aware as that as you claim, you wouldn't be trying to convince him to do a crappier job because other parts of the company aren't doing what you want them to do.

with applause like that, who needs boos?

edited May 2014
    There is not a single reason we cannot have both of those things.

i love this statement, in my opinion this is true, yet in reality its quite the opposite. you want us to submit tickets about people yet how many times do you see threads where people say, "ive submitted tickets about (insert name here) but nothing is done". It makes submitting tickets, to me anyway, sort of redundant.

Which is why i would rather have that time used to sorting out the game and not events. sure sparkie could help a little bit for that 1 hour he will be on weekly or whatever the time schedule will be, but i want actual daily GM interaction. No this is not sparkie's job and i understand that, but then maybe pwi should get some more people who's job it is.

And before we go back to burgerking, i used to work for a cake factory, my job was a line operative, that extremely mundane task of putting cake into boxes for 8 hours a day. That is what i was paid to do. However, i used to run the ovens to bake cakes, melt chocolate for the cakes and even run the machines that put them onto trays. i literally did everything in that factory possible to do, and only one of which was my job. Just because it isnt his job doesnt mean he cant do it and for someone who is there to look after the community, it seems that making the game safer would be a good step. Weather sparkie does it, or pushes to get more GMs to cover the servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2014
    i love this statement, in my opinion this is true, yet in reality its quite the opposite. you want us to submit tickets about people yet how many times do you see threads where people say, "ive submitted tickets about (insert name here) but nothing is done". It makes submitting tickets, to me anyway, sort of redundant.

Which is why i would rather have that time used to sorting out the game and not events. sure sparkie could help a little bit for that 1 hour he will be on weekly or whatever the time schedule will be, but i want actual daily GM interaction. No this is not sparkie's job and i understand that, but then maybe pwi should get some more people who's job it is.

And before we go back to burgerking, i used to work for a cake factory, my job was a line operative, that extremely mundane task of putting cake into boxes for 8 hours a day. That is what i was paid to do. However, i used to run the ovens to bake cakes, melt chocolate for the cakes and even run the machines that put them onto trays. i literally did everything in that factory possible to do, and only one of which was my job. Just because it isnt his job doesnt mean he cant do it and for someone who is there to look after the community, it seems that making the game safer would be a good step. Weather sparkie does it, or pushes to get more GMs to cover the servers.

No, actually, that's absolutely the reality. I'm not saying the ticket team has done a consistent job. I think we'd all like to see better customer support when it comes to that. Actually, I don't' know personally a single player who would argue that. But I'm not gonna agree that attempting to convince GMs to do their job even worse is good for the community. That makes no sense. Even if he doesn't do the event, he wouldn't be doing things like developing content. Or 24 hour GM interaction. I think he once stated he is already filling in more than one role, he's also the CM for Arc. If you were a good worker, you likely still did the job of putting cake into the boxes. Your arguing that no cakes should go in the boxes, and you'd rather all the time be spent making them but never putting them in the boxes. That's the equivalent we're talking about here. I want him to do both. I don't see any reason not to ask for both. Let's have the events and ask him to pass feedback on (and push for changes) about other issues as they appear. As the GMs have repeatedly said, they have a small staff. That's why they handle things in the structure that they do. The things listed so far are things he can do simultaneously (like he can't just watch WC while he's on the server doing the event?), or things he has no control over. Neither of those two categories are things that should result in him ignoring the community.

• Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am sorry to interrupt you, guys, maybe we should return to the ideas of events here? b:surrender
    I want to discuss events but I don't know if I may interfere here though the title of this tread says it's the place for such a discussion.

At least I can try - I've heard EU server has a contest for Miss and Mister PWI, what about us? Anyone interested in such a contest for our servers?
    edited May 2014
    I am sorry to interrupt you, guys, maybe we should return to the ideas of events here? b:surrender
    I want to discuss events but I don't know if I may interfere here though the title of this tread says it's the place for such a discussion.

Quite right, how about a "be a GM day"? Since pwi clearly doesnt have the man power to patrol the servers, let us do it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Quite right, how about a "be a GM day"? Since pwi clearly doesnt have the man power to patrol the servers, let us do it for you.

Interesting idea but I am afraid we all won't be able to be GMs b:chuckle Still there are lots of interesting things we can do even with one real GM.