Events, events, events!

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited July 2014 in Official Announcements
So I had some ideas for a few events and wanted to get some feedback from all of you! Here are my ideas, so let me know what you think!

Traitor Games

This event will be familiar to anyone who has ever played a game called Gary's Mod. Essentially what I plan to do with this event, is pull about 5-10 random players from each server and summon them to an isolated location where I would be. From here, I'd pick a person to play the traitor. The catch would be, only he/she knows they are the traitor. Everyone else will be told they are innocent. So in essence, no one knows who is who! From there, it is up to the players' to figure out who the traitor is, while trying to convince the other players that they are innocent. If the traitor is killed (PVP servers) or everyone guesses correctly (PVE servers), then the innocent win. If the reverse happens and the traitor ends up not being killed, he/she wins!

Taken

This event is a lot more simple. I would have players sign up, who are willing to be taken/kidnapped by me! You would have to let me know (on the forum thread when the event is ready to go) your character name, server, and time you play most often. Once I have enough candidates, I will randomly go to the server you're on, PM you that I'm about to take you, and take you! From here, I will announce to the server that "x" player has been taken and it is up to the server to come and find you. Now, instead of having you just sit around, I would have you run and hide, but there's a catch! You will not be able to mount or fly, while the people looking for you, can! Hide long enough, and you win a prize (server gets a consolation prize). Get caught, and the server will get a prize (and you a consolation prize)

These are just a few I have planned out and obviously, they can use some work, so I'm open to suggestions and ideas! The plan for now however, would be to do a sort of test run trial (IE no prizes), so I can get a feel for if the event will work and if more/less time is needed for each.

I will create two new threads in the event forums for test run trial sign-ups, so keep an eye out on this thread for the update.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like these two ideas, they sound like potentially good events! However, I don't think the first one will work out well for PvE servers xD I'd rather it be a PK thing for PvE servers too.

On the second event...people could cheat with friends list though, they'd probably have to delete each other or something.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I really like the game Taken as I see everyone on at the time of the event can take part and be rewarded in some way.

While the game Traitor seems fun, it also seems very selective as only a handful will get a chance to participate.

So I put in my vote for Taken
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like these two ideas, they sound like potentially good events! However, I don't think the first one will work out well for PvE servers xD I'd rather it be a PK thing for PvE servers too.

Should probably give them all equal gear if you're going to have a PK event like that. Otherwise, someone with enough of a gear advantage can just kill everyone else and win for whatever their side is, ignoring the game entirely.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Traitor games, might need a time limit.
    Taken, how would one get past the friendlist system where the location is apparent? ;o

Some extra ideas

Warsong Grasslands

Summon a bunch of Lv 1 area mobs like penguins or flowers (basically any mob thats tiny enough that wont block your whole screen out) Put them in the grasslands where there is a ton of space. Make sure these guys have sufficient enough of HP to be decently challenging, but not so much that it takes a R9 geared player to kill the "HP".
    Here comes the fun part.
    Put alot of them there like here:
    http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4433/20120311213911.jpg
    Damage wise, make half of them physica immune, half of them magic immune.
    Effect wise, make half of them seal players, half stun. Mix them up.
    And since calculating point system just for a single event is a hassle, just make the mobs drop 1 token of luck each >.>
    And Voila, you got 1 event where any character can join cause being OP wont help much, good luck even picking your own drops. GMs can also sit and relax ^_^
    To up the challenge you may even add a few exploding hands for the AFK players.

Red Rover, Red Rover, send that NPC over

Need a fairly decent space.
    Have players gather in a decent spaced area and make a "jail" like this:
    http://i78.servimg.com/u/f78/18/31/97/52/eu310.jpg
    Except on a little longer wider scale.
    Send over an obnoxious boss thats big enough for everyone to easily target, to cross over the "jail" to the other side.
    Any boss that big:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/images/f/f6/Harpy_Wraith.PNG
    Players will have to keep the boss from crossing over.
    To up the challenge, send several waves of them.

Sincerely,

Satan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Taken

This event is a lot more simple. I would have players sign up, who are willing to be taken/kidnapped by me! You would have to let me know (on the forum thread when the event is ready to go) your character name, server, and time you play most often. Once I have enough candidates, I will randomly go to the server you're on, PM you that I'm about to take you, and take you! From here, I will announce to the server that "x" player has been taken and it is up to the server to come and find you. Now, instead of having you just sit around, I would have you run and hide, but there's a catch! You will not be able to mount or fly, while the people looking for you, can! Hide long enough, and you win a prize (server gets a consolation prize). Get caught, and the server will get a prize (and you a consolation prize)

This is one event I love and would already sign up to be the running duck for it b:laughOne question, one suggestion:
    - Can the player decide where you port him 1st or you randomly port him to some seemingly isolated place and from there on he has to run? Players might know some secretive places nobody knows that existb:avoid (yet still on the main worldmap ofcourse)
    - no sins, stealth is a total gamebreaker for this eventb:surrender
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ohnoez there are some Debbie Downers here, geebus did no one notice the last patch fixed a decent chunk of things? (of course now there's a few new things that need fixing, but it's not like they are just sitting on their thumbs and not trying to fix anything EVER -.-;)

On topic, I like the ideas! :D Especially if there's a way to make sure that the friend's list doesn't interfere with "Taken."

I also like some of the player suggested ideas. :3 Some potential fun times there too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ideas, even though a bit sketchy, look nice. You know.. When my toon first entered Momaganon and I saw a land named Manhunter Pool, I thought that it would be a great name for an event or a hide-and-seek daily instance b:laugh

Edit: you could even set this event in Harshlands or snowy lands in EG area, so it would look more like the scenery of The Thing, hehehe
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Taken

This one is my favorite, tbh. I'd probably just have people log alts if their FL is going to be an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • sparkiesoft
    edited April 2014
    Yea there are definitely some issues we would need to address, such as Sins not being able to stealth, etc. I'll draft up some ideas/fixes based on your suggestions and see if we can't get one of the events running next week as a trial.

On another note, keep this thread to suggestions and feedback regarding these events, or actual in-game events you would like to see. If you want to complain about non-event related issues, you have 1000000 other threads you can do that in. Keep this thread clean and constructive, thank you.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh! Quick possible suggestion/idea.

For Taken, would there be a GM or someone following the person that was "taken" to make sure they don't fly/mount/stealth/cheat some kind of way etc. and things like that? Said tag along follower person could be stealthing themselves or be unable to be seen in one way or another if needed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Penguin's Race

Every participant of this race temporarily transformed into Penguin.

Task is to dive deep into lake to some point on the bottom.

First Penguin will get gift.b:laugh
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    @Taken
    I volunteer as tribute!

Great to see the fixes already coming in! I think it would be good to have someone's catshop alt or something being the taken person which actually limits their mobility options as well since friends list and cheating may be issues. >>

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sparkiesoft
    edited April 2014
    Oh! Quick possible suggestion/idea.

For Taken, would there be a GM or someone following the person that was "taken" to make sure they don't fly/mount/stealth/cheat some kind of way etc. and things like that? Said tag along follower person could be stealthing themselves or be unable to be seen in one way or another if needed?

Ya, that is something I'd probably need to do.
    @Taken
    I volunteer as tribute!

Great to see the fixes already coming in! I think it would be good to have someone's catshop alt or something being the taken person which actually limits their mobility options as well since friends list and cheating may be issues. >>

Ya I did not think of that. Time to do a little re-working!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To make sure, that all players will have same possibilities in such events, they must have same characters. No need to control balance of characters with same predefined properties.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey Sparkie, random events is a good idea. I don't really think the specifics matter until you try the different things out.

My two cents:

1 - try a variety of events - those ideas listed so far sound cool - and all those things around the last update where cool - you know the huge phoenix over arch and the other thing that spawned near plume, and the other one where you turned yourself into a random animal north of arch.

Personally I'd like to see more mini world bosses spawn here and there, or I like the wraith attacks like the old days. So not everything needs to be super technical.

Plus I don't know how much control you have over drops but - maybe just make hoards of mobs spawn that drop certain things like fairy boxes, tokens of luck or raps/uncannies - something that wont kill the economy but can help out everyone just a little bit. I mean theres r9's (etc) getting 200 NW tokens a week (or more) while us undergeared players don't even bother doing NW. That imbalance hurts players like me. So some little rewards that don't eat into my funds would be nice. EDIT - plus therefore, there should be an event that only super op players have a chance in - and a random drop of something good for them as the reward.

2 - try different time zones

3 - have a GOOD description of what to do (maybe here in the forums) and before the event starts advertise its coming - like maybe 1/2 hr before with a link to the forum description - theres nothing more frustrating than not knowing what you're supposed to do and getting no rewards. The reason I say this is many players wont be reading this, but will see it in red chat once in the game.

4 - at least make some events where rewards are equally distributed. Again, having the r9rr's get all the rewards will make the rest of us not bother.

Looking forward to whatever you come up with, but random events is good.
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi sparkiesoft,

I need to post with this avatar as my 105 wizard avatar is broken on forum. See the issue here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21470181&posted=1#post21470181

Also I tried to PM you, I am sure you get many PMs so after 1 week of feeling ignored, I posted an open letter, you might have missed it:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1685971

Now, on topic:

It depends what type of powers you have ingame as a community manager. Here's some more suggestions:

1. Twilight Temple Invasion

Login on a server, announce the attack of 3-3 TT bosses(Steelation, etc) and summon 5 of each kind in 1 place. Get the server to gather and slay the beasts within a certain amount of time. Chose different bosses, harpy wraith, Dragon sademen etc.

2. GM wars

Grab another GM, come to one server, one of you goes North Gate Archosaur, another goes South Gate Archosaur, grab forces on both sides(you can summon an npc like in TW to give players names or titles for event) then after 10min of announcements, take the forces you gathered and fight for the ship that is EAST of Archosaur in the water. Whoever holds the ship after 20minutes, will win.

3. Battle of Sages

Announce 30min before the event for each guild to get their squads ready. Summon 3 puppeteers and make them summon those mobs in SOT or Abadon who are just like players. The asassin mobs, BMs etc. Make 3 areas where these mobs spawn and have the servers fight to keep them away from those areas. Make the event time limited, whoever holds their area win.

4. Mount race

the event is there, just that it is dead. Go to the snake island, get the players to join in, start the race multiple times(5 times). Then the winners get to register in a super race and let the best person win. Have players record these events and upload on youtube, twitch etc.

5. Cube master

Have people register for the Cube of Fate, first 10 people to finish will get something. This has successfully been done before.

6. Tournament master

Start tournament for the server, limit the box number to 3, reshuffle rewards. Give a timed title for the winners.

7. Mount Parade

Go to Archosaur, gather all available players south and start a mount parade all across the city. Pick random winners for prizes.

8. Fly high

Go to Archosaur, gather all available players north of Archo, have them all start and fly till Etherblade, visiting each village in between. USe red text so more can join along the way. Choose random winners for prizes.

9. End-Game fishing

Go to Dreamweaver port, announce the place so players can join. Summon 10 special sharks with good HP, send them randomly in the waters around Dreamweaver port, once they are spawned announce the players to go fishing, kill the sharks and pick up some items(Shark liver) for exemple. Whoever gets the first 10, wins something.

10. The keys to the city

Get players to go PK mode and kill all the guards in Archosaur's gates, West, South, North. It is hard but it is possible. Award people who get the kill or chose randomly.

11. Riddle time

Go online, get 10 random riddles, PWI or not related, type them with red text, first WC who gets it right, wins something. Can be repeated multiple times.

12. Bring the fun in town

Go online, announce that players have 15minutes to prepare a short joke about each class, that fits in the characters of the teles. After 15min, the GMs says: Blademaster jokes: 2minutes. In these 2minutes, players can WC thier jokes about BMs. Choose 1-2 winners. Go to next class. Should be fun.

13. Catshop king

Ask players to go west teleport and set up catshops with the most amazing and inovative names. After 5min, the GMs goes and checks the catshops and chooses 5 winners. Fun simple and enjoyable.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Plus I don't know how much control you have over drops but - maybe just make hoards of mobs spawn that drop certain things like fairy boxes, tokens of best luck or raps/uncannies - something that wont kill the economy but can help out everyone just a little bit. I mean theres r9's (etc) getting 200 NW tokens a week (or more) while us undergeared players don't even bother doing NW. That imbalance hurts players like me. So some little rewards that don't eat into my funds would be nice.

On the contrary, this will kill the economy. This is why we should never get Sweet Remembrance back.
    2 - try different time zones

Sparkie is probably limited to times when he's actually at work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's why I said "something that wont kill the economy". I meant tokens of luck too sorry - not tokens of best luck.

Also Sparkie doing something at the start of an 8 hr shift and doing something at the end of an 8hr shift could still enable different people to join in.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    drheal wrote: »

12. Bring the fun in town

Go online, announce that players have 15minutes to prepare a short joke about each class, that fits in the characters of the teles. After 15min, the GMs says: Blademaster jokes: 2minutes. In these 2minutes, players can WC thier jokes about BMs. Choose 1-2 winners. Go to next class. Should be fun.

This one sounds easily done, very little effort required from Gm's meaning it shouldn't be hard to give it a try, and it gives the player's creativity some space (Morai server already had about 2hrs of "roses are red violets are blue"-puns during valentines day and it was actually fun some of them)
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Interesting & possibly good for the game. How about a night when all the world bosses respawn several times ? Maybe change drops to avoid ruining the economy ? Maybe boost up the HP so it requires a faction on each vs squad ?

b:bye
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lots of good ideas in this thread! I think as long as the emphasis is on FUN and FAIR, and everyone gets a decent reward for participating, events like these would be generally well-received and good for the game.

Can't wait to see how this turns out! b:thanks
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I had some ideas for a few events and wanted to get some feedback from all of you! Here are my ideas, so let me know what you think!

Traitor Games

This event will be familiar to anyone who has ever played a game called Gary's Mod. Essentially what I plan to do with this event, is pull about 5-10 random players from each server and summon them to an isolated location where I would be. From here, I'd pick a person to play the traitor. The catch would be, only he/she knows they are the traitor. Everyone else will be told they are innocent. So in essence, no one knows who is who! From there, it is up to the players' to figure out who the traitor is, while trying to convince the other players that they are innocent. If the traitor is killed (PVP servers) or everyone guesses correctly (PVE servers), then the innocent win. If the reverse happens and the traitor ends up not being killed, he/she wins!

Taken

These are just a few I have planned out and obviously, they can use some work, so I'm open to suggestions and ideas! The plan for now however, would be to do a sort of test run trial (IE no prizes), so I can get a feel for if the event will work and if more/less time is needed for each.

I will create two new threads in the event forums for test run trial sign-ups, so keep an eye out on this thread for the update.

The traitor game could be interesting but only if it was scripted like those murder mystery tours, which I assume you had in mind when you thought it up. I don't know exactly what you had in mind when came up with the idea, but I don't see this holding the players interest unless it was scripted like a murder mystery; where everyone was given a back story and reason to betray or whatever. Otherwise you'll just have a bunch of people standing around saying "it wasn't me" until mob mentality takes over and everyone jumps on the same person for no reason.

Taken seems much more interesting. But the only way I see it working out is if you set it more like a GM hide and seek. Where the GM is the one 'taken' and everyone else on the server is tasked with finding them. Giving intermittent hints is optional. But if the GM did give hints they would be extremely vague at first getting more detailed as the end of the event got closer. This would negate anyone having to log or create an alt, or also having to initialize any special measure to bypass the friend list locator, sin stealth, or the 'taken' person being babysat. And about the only thing you would have to test is exactly how long to run the event for since as it drags out more and more people will lose interest.

I think the most promising thing about either of these events is that the player base would see GM activity on the servers. Because as it stands, most players seem to be under the impression that no one really cares about this game anymore.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Traitor Games

In my opinion, this event will be hard to host 100% fair, for the simple reason that with the current amazing kinds of multimedia and communication, attenders would actually just pm eachother on skype and get to know who the Traitor is.

So for PVE servers i doubt this event would be a 100% shot .
    Taken

I Like this event but i think it needs to get alot more specific tho, and thats why i do not see this happening within the next 2 months. The simple fact is that you still have to figure out alot of things like:

1. The map is HUGE so finding people isn't that easy in my eyes
    2. What about Sin stealth?
    3. What about Potions (Vacuity powder,other speed increasers)
    4. What about genies? Holy path = faster speed
    5. What about water surfaces? theres tons of water area's in PWI where you can swim until the bottom of the sea.
    6. What about the gear? a new player will be getting killed by endgame people unless you can give the actual runner a TIMED set of Event gear which is slightly better/the same as the acutal endgame gear. Otherwise its no fun just taking a lowbie toon.
    7. what will be the actual time length of this event? 15 min or 30?
    8. As person that runs, can I attack also?
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wa if we got the events we used to have like the arena, and the ones that never got implemented in the faction base?
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the Traitor one sounds like a ton of fun!

Might already have been said but what about a good old fashioned treasure/scavenger hunt? you can make it timed, items non tradeable, everyone can join in, better prizes for fastest, and prizes for all who complete.

I hope they involve all servers and not just U.S. ones b:victory
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Hey sparkiesoft,

I used to run a set of events on the server called the INDIG0 Games. Later changed to the H Games Due to me leaving my faction.

We used to run a few events normal lasting 30 mins and starting on the Hour.
    around 6 ~ ish events where planed.

Sure you would like some of these ideas and I would love to run a few again but I would need some help.

WC Quiz was the easiest one to pull off so ill throw this into the mix for now.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Traitor Games

I for one am worried that this game would be 'owned' by those who are far better geared than others. (Its definitely far easier for a r93r +12 to kill/survive from the attacks of a person who has far inferior gear/levels)

While there is indeed ways to chat out of game, and even in game to coordinate who may/may not be the traitor, I think if the reward is good enough the problem may never really arise, as 'greed' may (<--keyword) just keep the problem from becoming too big. I think it would be hard to coordinate who is the 'winner(s)' as the same 5-10 people getting back into it should be fairly slim, ergo harder for them to take turns getting the 'win.'

Also while on that subject about rewards, I really hope the reward(s) wont completely blow away (so to speak) the rewards you can get from pve places. (good/decent rewards that give people the incentive to go is more than fine, but if they are 'huge'/big rewards, that is when/where I feel people will push for better gear to kill others/win) I really do not think we need we need another instance that's pvp that gives out phenomenal rewards. Lest you all want people to think even more that your trying to push people into spending real cash on this game.

For the record I am well aware that the proposed event isn't like the normal pk arena, but really it does sound like its almost a free roaming pk event, where the last man standing is declared the victor/and no one may know for sure who is the 'traitor'... more details on the event would definitely be nice. (I.E what kind of gears will people be in, will there be back stories, and just how long will the event will go on for example)

[QUOTE=sparkiesoft;21469161
    Taken

I will create two new threads in the event forums for test run trial sign-ups, so keep an eye out on this thread for the update.[/QUOTE]

This idea sounds really really fun, but it does seem like a few classes could move at a much more steady, and consistent ranges than a few others. (Barb/Venomancers) Though if you disallowed their 'running' skills I think you would need to do it to all classes to be fair. (may also want to disallow the use of using any from of teleporting, albeit that would be a bad move regardless as the runner would risk tping to a town where they'll be spotted. )... would be funny if that happened. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Baluh - Sanctuary
    Baluh - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My idea:

ORDINARY WAR !!!

1- Red announcement: "Blacksmiths,Tailors and Merchants of Archosaur are organizing a contest at centre of Archosaur, go immediately if you wish to participate.
    2-Beneath Head Hunter npc they are reunited and,once you are the leader of an squad, you can take the quest with any of them.
    3-once the 15min for subscrition is passed players are teleported to squads VS squads battles, first team to have all players killed loses the battle.(tower contest from NW map?)
    4-Winning team waits for new battle ,and can see progress by pressing an icon.
    5-Repeat until theres only 1 team left.

PARTICULARITY: IT WILL BE MOSTLY SKILL CHAMPIONSHIP
    1-Players will NOT be allowed to use green itens(TT), yellow(mold,g16 etc) and red. Only white/blue/purple itens forged with open map mats, or bought on npc. Hence the name ORDINARY.
    2-IT WILL BE BROADCASTED!! Every player who died/left championship will have a chance to see the final battle.See next topic to know how is that possible.

ISSUES AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
    1-For things to work smoothly , either the number of squad would have to be 2,4,8,16,32,64... or some teams would have to battle 1 time more than others. To solve that i belive there could be some battles with 3 teams against each other.
    2-Refines :Should it be limited of totaly forbidden for the championship?
    3-BROADCASTING: To avoid a very lagged room with 500 players inside,; once you lost championship, you can choose going to the room where the last battle will happen BUT, you will be buffed with a particular buff witch increases your Sthealth lvl by 500/reduces awareness ll by 100 and also transforms you onto something who cant cast spells. Yep, you will basically just watch.
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Many great ideas here! b:victory
    But most of the things are hard to arrange and make honest. I live with a person who also plays PW and wants to take part in the events, how can I hide from a person who sits next to me? Ok, we can try to hide from each other but I really doubt all players will play honest. We can block friend lists but there's also arc messenger, skype, mail and many other ways to tell other players where you are. b:surrender
    One more point - players should be even somehow (for example lvl 60 cannot compete with lvl100). As it was already mentioned it would be nice if the participants are turned into animals or kids when they cannnot use their and genie skills.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Traitor Games

Taken

Traitor Games critique: How will you pick random players? what sort of method will you use for this random picking? Sounds like fun but needs more details.

Taken: Again you are using forums to help with events.....not enough actual players use forums that play the game. The number of people from each server that DO use the forums from each server will make for unfair pickings for who to take

All in all i dont see the point. You are ONE PERSON and you are honestly expecting to hold these events even with one other GM possibly...or even a few other GMs..idk the point is this game is losing momentum fast. The server popluation in RT seems to be dwindling. There are alot less cat shops around then before. I know of more players that have or are leaving every day. NW population is declining.

You are trying to push these silly events as one person thinking this will save the game. They wont. The only thing i think will remotely help the servers at this point is if PWE starts actually listening to the players. Take away the requirement to run Arc until its a beta...that made many people quit. Stop using forums and make the GMs push system messages about events you are making and maybe advertise the use of the forums so more players can actually come here. In the end im just severely disappointed in PWE. They have slowly destroyed the game since the last content update with reborn and war avatar cards....they have continuously ignored the pleas of the few players that frequent the forums to not force arc on us. This is a sad day for PWE when they get a DECENT CM finally and he is making last ditch efforts to save this dying game. A sad day indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]