Socket Issue

Options
bluesmist
bluesmist Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Crafting Nook
So I find out that in order to get 4th socket on a G16 armor, I need around 20k of socket stones; at 5k price that is 100mil! so I was wondering can I open all the sockets on a tt90 helm and then upgrading it to G16. even though it says that socket might change during the upgrade I never really have that happen to me before.
Therefore, my question is have you guys ever had the number of socket change during an upgrade? Do you think this is a safe way to go or a gamble? and does Re-roll change the number of socket?
Post edited by bluesmist on

Comments

• Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yes, the amount of socket can always change when you are upgrading your gear. Only G15 rerolls keep same amount of sockets, every time.

Keeping 4 socket all way from TT90 to G16 requires Chienkun Stones, which will cost you more than buying the socket stones for your G16.

3 sockets is the most common to get in most cases, so you just might have been lucky (or unlucky?) to get the same amount of sockets every time.

You could just reroll your G16 helm till you get 4 sockets. I did that for some of my items.

Personally I save all socket stones I get from BH, and currently have something between 15k and 20k saved up besides my main character is already full 4 socket on all gear. You cannot upgrade the stats without rerolling and loose refine etc, but you can upgrade your sockets, therefore I aim more for higher stats on gear than the amount of sockets.
    This is a test