Glow Blade

shtefi
shtefi Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Seeker
I just finished all my passive skills and i was thinking of getting Glow Blade but wanted to aks if anyone has it already and if its good ???
Post edited by shtefi on

Comments

• _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shtefi wrote: »
    I just finished all my passive skills and i was thinking of getting Glow Blade but wanted to aks if anyone has it already and if its good ???

I have all the skills except chaosblade and Glowblade. As a seeker our primary bane is Arcane classes especially nukers like wiz and Psy. We need to constantly disarm them but with glowblade that becomes much more difficult because you have to spam a magic skill that esspecially does just about no damage to them and its only 20% meaninging odds are you can use it 5 even 10 times and never get the proc while doing almost no damage to them while they are nuking you to hell. At least with the sword stance almost any attack can give the debuff while dealing actual damage. Like really whats 3520 metal amage going to do to any arcane class? Atleast a physical attack will be effective while giving the debuff.

For me I would say just get gravel blade + windblade and use the sword stance dualest glee. When I hit windblade I either have a 40% chance to do a great debuff or 20% to do another good debuff, odds are you one will get you although its not guarenteed because if the dueslist glee comes the windblade debuff doesnt come unlike gravel blade where you can give soulseve + parchedblade at the same time. Any combination of the new skills reguarding stance I always came to the conlusion get 2/3 stance skill because if you lose all 4 stances you ill find it stressful to give a specific debuff you need like when you really need to take away that +12 wep nuking you :P Hope this helped
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the book, haven't learned the skill, this is what it says.

"Glowing Blade" as its apparently actually titled

Deals 110% of base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 3520 as metal damage. Increases threat. Has a 20% chance to apply the Disarmed status for 10 seconds, causing your Arme Nier to deal an additional 4080 damage and remove the target's weapon for 6 seconds.

Sage version deals an additional 660 damage.

So in reality it just combines the two with no new benefit and reduces versatility. The damages all basically stay the same.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the book, haven't learned the skill, this is what it says.

"Glowing Blade" as its apparently actually titled

Deals 110% of base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 3520 as metal damage. Increases threat. Has a 20% chance to apply the Disarmed status for 10 seconds, causing your Arme Nier to deal an additional 4080 damage and remove the target's weapon for 6 seconds.

Sage version deals an additional 660 damage.

So in reality it just combines the two with no new benefit and reduces versatility. The damages all basically stay the same.

It allows you to mark stance in PVP without using a sword stance, which means that your freezes, debuffs (sage ion spike, sage heartseeker, for example) will not be blocked by sword stance proc
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Look closely. It also drops battousai's cooldown from 4s to 3s in the process.
  • SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't have any of the Primal Skills yet, but this is my understanding/educated guess about them from the way they're presented and described:

Instead of having to switch stances to achieve a certain effect, you can now combine the effects of some differing stances into new primal stances. Also, factors of the individual root skills are improved. I see no downside to having them.

With all that said, this is PWE we're talking about. We've all been misled by incorrect translations and straight-up misrepresentations many times.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I see no downside to having them.

The biggest downside is with gravel blade. Obtaining that skill consumes the parchedblade and soulsever skills, which means you lose your ability to proc those stances via aoe in any way. For any seeker who's used to pulling large groups of mobs (should be every seeker), that's a fairly large nerf. On the other hand, getting all the stance-incorporation skills does mean you no longer have the stance overwrite bug causing issues with heartseeker.

Still haven't decided what I'm going to do about it myself, but if I get gravel blade at all, it'll be last.
  • SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah. I guess I subconsciously went with the assumption these were just new added skills, I had no idea they consumed the previous versions. That IS a cause for much more careful consideration. But Battousai having a 3s instead of 4s cooldown would be pretty sweeet, I'm thinking.
  • Silpheena - Heavens Tear
    Silpheena - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently have glow, wind and chaos blade and avoiding gravel blade.

Using glow blade in PvP is kinda tricky since I need to spam battousai to mark my target and as soon as its marked, cast Arme nier to disarmed it. Mostly worked against r9 arcane to nullify their purify spell.

The additional metal damage is useful against other HA users.
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Currently have glow, wind and chaos blade and avoiding gravel blade.

Using glow blade in PvP is kinda tricky since I need to I battousai
    to mark my target and as soon as its marked, cast Arme nier to disarmed it. Mostly worked against r9 arcane to nullify their purify spell.

The additional metal damage is useful against other HA users.

See thats why I did not get this lol. You need to spam a attack that does no damage to AA (Coming from a r9rr +12 wep seeker btw) then use arm nier. You guys do know if they have dualist glee debuff on the target and you use your arm nier, it can proc thier wep for no disarm even after the spam of a skill that hits them low, this to me means that spam for no real gain was a waste of time and could just cost you the fight. Granted yeah the small increase is useful agianst HA but idk about you guys but i disarm arcanes as my primary. Sure you cant aoe mark with gravel blade but i can still get the debuff I need and not have to spam the skill lol. Not judging just stating a oppinion. Im sure glowblade can come in handy but at 20% chance not worth almost never disarming when you NEED it. Ultimately its your choice but I think this is thebworst primal skill atleast give it a higher chance. All I know with windblade gravel blade and duslist glee as my stance i can give anyone good debuffs fast even with puri spell proc.