Simply Awful Thinking And Execution, The New Standard Of Pwi

2»

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    80 vs 80 TW on dreamweaver.

Who's even pulling 80 apart from Dyna..

Dreamweaver lost a load of good sins (read: Zsw) and too many rerolled casters because sins weren't the most OP class any more (read: Aeliah) and now that Horizons came out and casters aren't godmode with the new paralyse bm/barb skill nerfing puri proc even those have quit the game or play pservers now. (PWS)

Sad times indeed. Alona is making leaps and bounds though, one to watch. Not sure who else has elimination on DW.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Who's even pulling 80 apart from Dyna..

Dreamweaver lost a load of good sins (read: Zsw) and too many rerolled casters because sins weren't the most OP class any more (read: Aeliah) and now that Horizons came out and casters aren't godmode with the new paralyse bm/barb skill nerfing puri proc even those have quit the game or play pservers now. (PWS)

Sad times indeed. Alona is making leaps and bounds though, one to watch. Not sure who else has elimination on DW.

Elimination=/= skill. As far as sins goes, Alona is not even in my top 10. But as for TW, no one still cares to explain the lack of sins in endgame, or semi-endgame (I don't not consider aps gear endgame). Clearly the class isnt as OP as people seem to keep claiming. While numerous archer cry out how underpowered they are, and yet, they are one of the classes that has most most geared players on the server...Clearly does NOT add up. Even with the new paralyze skill, people still arent playing BM's and barbs aside from those who already were playing them, i.e. no r9rr barbs and bm's we dont know have been cashed out of the blue.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Elimination=/= skill. As far as sins goes, Alona is not even in my top 10. But as for TW, no one still cares to explain the lack of sins in endgame, or semi-endgame (I don't not consider aps gear endgame). Clearly the class isnt as OP as people seem to keep claiming. While numerous archer cry out how underpowered they are, and yet, they are one of the classes that has most most geared players on the server...Clearly does NOT add up. Even with the new paralyze skill, people still arent playing BM's and barbs aside from those who already were playing them, i.e. no r9rr barbs and bm's we dont know have been cashed out of the blue.

well archer is the most easy2play DD class, so ofc the most will roll archer...

and from a non-archer (used to play demon archer in past) point of view i have to admit especially sage archer class got struck pretty hard from New Horizons

and assassin class is OP, anyone that has the knowledge of the class and can use all sin class potential can easily faceroll any other equal\superior geared, equal skilled "insert class" player
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
    edited April 2014
    well archer is the most easy2play DD class, so ofc the most will roll archer...

and from a non-archer (used to play demon archer in past) point of view i have to admit especially sage archer class got struck pretty hard from New Horizons

and assassin class is OP, anyone that has the knowledge of the class and can use all sin class potential can easily faceroll any other equal\superior geared, equal skilled "insert class" player

Most people thinks sins are the easiet to play DD class, or so at least thats what every archer and their mother tells me...I do admit that the archer skills (mainly the sage ones) sucked. Not the fact they didnt get an OP skill. But the mergers didnt offer anything worth while. For sins, since we now have skills that hit multiple times, its easier to do more damage because it uses def charms quickly, which save the more powerful parts of the skill for when they are on CD. It's a nice changed of pace, considering our class has the lowest damage out of every class in PWI, and we also get about 100-75% less damage from cards as well.

Have you ever tried fighting an equally geared seeker as a sin? I blew 10 sparks on a seeker with the exact same gears as me (refines and shards), and he still had a sliver of hp left...Assassins have good damage, CC, and skills that can help you, or fail and **** you. As ZSW always said, how can something be OP if its based on luck? This proves that the class is more like a gamble. Tidal is a gamble, focused mind is a gamble. Even some of our CC skills are a gamble (meaning not a 100% chance to CC an opponent). If a player gets rolled by a DPH assassin, with lower gears, they were out played. As for an APS sin, well we all know APS is broken, no argument there.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Most people thinks sins are the easiet to play DD class, or so at least thats what every archer and their mother tells me...I do admit that the archer skills (mainly the sage ones) sucked. Not the fact they didnt get an OP skill. But the mergers didnt offer anything worth while. For sins, since we now have skills that hit multiple times, its easier to do more damage because it uses def charms quickly, which save the more powerful parts of the skill for when they are on CD. It's a nice changed of pace, considering our class has the lowest damage out of every class in PWI, and we also get about 100-75% less damage from cards as well.

Have you ever tried fighting an equally geared seeker as a sin? I blew 10 sparks on a seeker with the exact same gears as me (refines and shards), and he still had a sliver of hp left...Assassins have good damage, CC, and skills that can help you, or fail and **** you. As ZSW always said, how can something be OP if its based on luck? This proves that the class is more like a gamble. Tidal is a gamble, focused mind is a gamble. Even some of our CC skills are a gamble (meaning not a 100% chance to CC an opponent). If a player gets rolled by a DPH assassin, with lower gears, they were out played. As for an APS sin, well we all know APS is broken, no argument there.

well seeker combo can be passively avoided by tidal am i right?
    also if it goes in the same you can heart of steel the damage, or anyways the damage is pretty legit since its still 1x base phys damage with not that high chance to zerkcrit

there is a deity sin on my server that killed a josd cata barb just doing life hunter-elimination from stealth, barb died w\o damage log xD, i got a 13k hit on my full buffs (and i am close to 50k phys res 120 def lvl 400 spirit) this means all other classes that dont have such phys res, are easy peasy oneshots on full buffs (one my friend +12 r9r3 full deity 400 spirit archer got a 33k from him on full buffs)

well point is an undergeared sin still keeps one hell of survivability thanks to tidal deaden nerves and passive skills, that allows the sin to roll on deities for 240 atk lvls in complete safety

or to face overgeared foes maybe not being able to kill them but eventually not getting killed by them aswell

also assassin CCs are deftly not a gamble xD wizard CCs are a gamble man
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited April 2014
    well seeker combo can be passively avoided by tidal am i right?
    also if it goes in the same you can heart of steel the damage, or anyways the damage is pretty legit since its still 1x base phys damage with not that high chance to zerkcrit

there is a deity sin on my server that killed a josd cata barb just doing life hunter-elimination from stealth, barb died w\o damage log xD, i got a 13k hit on my full buffs (and i am close to 50k phys res 120 def lvl 400 spirit) this means all other classes that dont have such phys res, are easy peasy oneshots on full buffs (one my friend +12 r9r3 full deity 400 spirit archer got a 33k from him on full buffs)

well point is an undergeared sin still keeps one hell of survivability thanks to tidal deaden nerves and passive skills, that allows the sin to roll on deities for 240 atk lvls in complete safety

or to face overgeared foes maybe not being able to kill them but eventually not getting killed by them aswell

also assassin CCs are deftly not a gamble xD wizard CCs are a gamble man

Deep sting, knifethrow, and throat cut arent 100%, low chance of fail, but still a gamble. This just doesnt seem right tho. Are you sure something wasnt missed? Because elimination and lifehunter show up in my damage log and i have been hit by both.

I also might like to add that if the seeker is demon and has demon QpQ, tidal has a harder time of blocking it, because it rolls for 2 debuffs, and if either pass, the whole set passes. Also seeker can still use physicall attacks, so idk where you were going with that...
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ok wait, i saw something in this thread that made me blink, seeker got nerf? what, i dont feel nerfed at all vs most class. Horizon brought 3 strong point to seeker: reduction of purge usefulness on us because of passive def, ability to use all stance at same time, and faster overall pvp. The last one is linked ot quid and sacrificial slash upgrade that give us the ability to use more skills in our 6 sec of almost insta channel, because those 2 skills can eb used fast without the channel boost.

so again, how did seeker get nerf?
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    ok wait, i saw something in this thread that made me blink, seeker got nerf? what, i dont feel nerfed at all vs most class. Horizon brought 3 strong point to seeker: reduction of purge usefulness on us because of passive def, ability to use all stance at same time, and faster overall pvp. The last one is linked ot quid and sacrificial slash upgrade that give us the ability to use more skills in our 6 sec of almost insta channel, because those 2 skills can eb used fast without the channel boost.

so again, how did seeker get nerf?

i read somewhere new stances are actually a nerf cant explain why\how tho

extreme SS is good, but new QpQ animation is a maaaaaaaaaaassive dead giveaway for seeker combo

i would suggest to get extreme SS but keep standard QpQ to be able to "sneak" seeker combo

@dion: i am saying that gemini is a nice hit indeed, still it doesnt have the zerk and kill potential of elimiination... i heard from multiple sources and experienced once a no damage log-kill elimination
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited April 2014
    i read somewhere new stances are actually a nerf cant explain why\how tho

extreme SS is good, but new QpQ animation is a maaaaaaaaaaassive dead giveaway for seeker combo

i would suggest to get extreme SS but keep standard QpQ to be able to "sneak" seeker combo

@dion: i am saying that gemini is a nice hit indeed, still it doesnt have the zerk and kill potential of elimiination... i heard from multiple sources and experienced once a no damage log-kill elimination

Only nerf to stance id guess is the lost of aoe stance and maybe the massively high proc chance cuz every hit could apply the stance then youd follow with its activation. and for quid, the animation is better imo because its harder to see who get quidded in group pvp, only the seal showing up on the person, where old quid would have a blue aura aroudn the target for a sec
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Only nerf to stance id guess is the lost of aoe stance and maybe the massively high proc chance cuz every hit could apply the stance then youd follow with its activation. and for quid, the animation is better imo because its harder to see who get quidded in group pvp, only the seal showing up on the person, where old quid would have a blue aura aroudn the target for a sec

yea but that massive black shadow animation is when i press my lvl 100 shield to not get your damage right after b:kiss
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited April 2014
    in a 1v1 id guess yeah thats a reaction for it, dunno how useful your shield is though, but in group pvp, bit less easy to see where the debuff go too
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    in a 1v1 id guess yeah thats a reaction for it, dunno how useful your shield is though, but in group pvp, bit less easy to see where the debuff go too

in mass pvp you can theorically go around naked w\o getting killed

but experienced pkers have always an eye on the area surrounding the fight

well i believe that depens on playstyle anyways
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    in mass pvp you can theorically go around naked w\o getting killed

but experienced pkers have always an eye on the area surrounding the fight

well i believe that depens on playstyle anyways
    the point is all this sheet, that they trying to say is a great expansion is not. it needs to be rethought and reworked. lame bugs, lamer class rebalancing, and the lamest of lame, paralyze. nothing short of lazy thinking, poor planning and sloppy programming.....if i could only get my friends here to leave and come with me elsewhere.

b:surrender
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe if the game was basically drawn into a constant formula, for example:
    - Everyone is a BM.
    - Everyone has Endgame Gears.
    - Everyone has 35% crit.
    - No one has stuns.
    - No one has Crowd Control at all.
    - There are no charms.
    - There are no genies/apos.
    - Everyone is sage.
    - <Insert some equality rule here>

The game would be boring as hell.
    Balance =/= Equality, remember that.

Someone said before the "Rock paper scissors" system is bad for a game, In some manner it may add a bit of random: Class Cookie has an easier time dealing with classes Orange and Brownie, while having slight more difficulty when dealing with classes Pizza and Bacon. Adds a more variable difficulty setting according to the scenario. But it definitely doesn't work if the game becomes asymetrical: Class Cookie has more Preys than class Candy, class Pizza has more Predators than class Vanilla.

Just a thought...
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.