Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Comments

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1) Those are generally all separate issues and really don't involve Arc. If the server is going to crash, it's going to crash regardless of Arc or not. In a perfect world, these issues would not exist, but it happens.

2) We're not really sweeping, we're just trying to fix what we can the quickest, while working on other things, then getting back to what else needs to be addressed. If we only stuck to one issue, and never worked on anything else, than we wouldn't be going anywhere.

3) There's no guarantees in life.(Well death and taxes :p) As much as I would love to say yes, you can't realistically expect something to work in your favor 100% of the time; it's just not probable. That doesn't mean we aren't going to try to make it the best it possibly can be though.

So why bring out ARC when you admit that there are on going problems? You admit that it wont be 100%. Knowing PWI and their past releases with lots of bugs and stuff not working, it wont work.

That is why most people are mad and do not want this. They know it will come with further problems and within the last 6 month you cant deny the massive amount of problems pwi has had.
    So again, why not fix the issues you currently have, instead of bringing something mandatory that you admit will have problems?
    NGTUy53.png

• Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why are you enforcing mandatory use of a BETA client?

Why are you restricting the way we play? Some like to run the game through game clients like steam to still chat to their friends while in game, with arc this wont be a possibility.

Have you thought about adding the game to steam like you have with neverwinter, star trek online, forsaken world, rusty hearts, champions online & war of the immortals?
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    After a 2 year break, I briefly considered coming back to parse through all the new junk floating around PWI. Considering that this is soon to become mandatory, and that I have no desire to download a program I would only ever use for one game, I think I'll stay gone.

I'm not sure why I even considered coming back.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Desdi, no one NEEDS to multi client, we didn't do it 5 years ago an the game was fine. its called working together to accomplish ones goals. The use of multi clienting has eliminated this now and I see a lot of players not knowing what their toons can do or how to use them, of course FCC buying/selling didn't help this any, but that is another topic altogether.

People was doing it 5 years ago. Not cause it wasn't allowed that people wasn't doing it.

Some aspects of the game are more solo, but requisite a second char, like nuema and now people will need to beg to get openers 20 times for something that is pretty much done solo by everyone.

It will be fun to see everyone keeping asking in gc for someone to open for nuema cause they can't multi-client anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some aspects of the game are more solo, but requisite a second char, like nuema and now people will need to beg to get openers 20 times for something that is pretty much done solo by everyone.

It will be fun to see everyone keeping asking in gc for someone to open for nuema cause they can't multi-client anymore.

It's gonna be "fun"as well to see the reaction of all the people that wasted time leveling some alts for buffs/opening pv/opening fc/and so on.
    I don't understand people that are talking about what was possible or not five years ago... this would clearly be a HUGE regression
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Desdi, no one NEEDS to multi client, we didn't do it 5 years ago an the game was fine. its called working together to accomplish ones goals.

We didn't have such a crapton of dailies 5 years ago. Just imagine having 2 accounts ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I know what I'm going to do, and it doesn't modify game files, but I will still bypass ARC by making PW THINK I am using arc. (And yes, I know how to do that) This is what having programmer and RE friends are best at. And if that doesn't work/gets blocked I will certainly leave. I cannot afford to keep redownloading the client every single time I have an issue, and I use an installer from version 676 and I have every manual patch to date. At the time my bandwidth was unlimited, now it will be very much not the same. (basically, to redownload the client for arc i would take me 7 months, just on bandwidth alone, assuming I did no other browsing or anything else)

Thank you PWE for making these checks so blatently obvious in the exe, it made our job of solving them so much easier.

Furthermore, Arc is far from in a release state, but you're willing to push buggy software on your playerbase, I'm so glad china isn't blocking the US, I'll just play there if things go any worse. They ca have whatever money I'm willing to spend, and PWE won't get a dime
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's shove a program down your throat NO ONE really wants instead of fixing the actual problems first. #PWILogic

Give's you a program full of loopholes and security issues as a beta version and say's you have to use it to keep playing their game. #PWILogic

Mass DC's and server crashes. Still forces people to use a program to run a game despite the large number or protests against it. #PWILogic

Feel free to keep this going forum goers. #PWILogic

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really hope ARC will be a total fiasco well not hope, IT WILL knowing PWE!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Let's shove a program down your throat NO ONE really wants instead of fixing the actual problems first. #PWILogic
    Well given that most of the issues with the client are worked on by completely searate developer groups than the Arc platform, that statement is a bit off. Also, Sparkie has already spoken up on this subject as far as it relates to Arc and the websites.
    Give's you a program full of loopholes and security issues as a beta version and say's you have to use it to keep playing their game. #PWILogic
    Name a loophole or a security issue. So far all I've got is a way to start clients that bypasses the Arc requirement check. I'll be happy to look into it. So far I haven't found much. Broad statements like this with no supporting evidence are pretty silly to make.
    Mass DC's and server crashes. Still forces people to use a program to run a game despite the large number or protests against it. #PWILogic
    Again with apples to oranges. Disconnects and the recent server issues have nothing to do with Arc.

As for pushing something the user's don't want, it happens. If you look at it from a business standpoint, and know what PWE is looking forward to with future plans, it probably makes a lot of sense and till make things better for us in the long run.

The one thing I do agree on is that making Arc a forced thing while it's still in the baby stages of development is a bad idea. It's also why I started the Arc Analysis and will continue to dig into it as much as I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foley3k wrote: »
    So why bring out ARC when you admit that there are on going problems? You admit that it wont be 100%. Knowing PWI and their past releases with lots of bugs and stuff not working, it wont work.

That is why most people are mad and do not want this. They know it will come with further problems and within the last 6 month you cant deny the massive amount of problems pwi has had.
    So again, why not fix the issues you currently have, instead of bringing something mandatory that you admit will have problems?

This is what makes me angry. This exactly.

Reading Sylen's information about Arc had made me more accepting of it, and I finally even downloaded it onto my main laptop. It's nice to get blessings with, to be sure, but it is NOT ready to be mandatory.

You have two very major issues with Arc at the current time, not to mention a pile of minor ones. You acknowledge that these two major issues (not being able to multiclient, and the program not recognizing a currently installed copy of PWI) exist and yet you decide to go ahead and make the program mandatory? And you think we will be happy about having to use a broken program?

Release a broken program in beta for people to play around with, fine. But do not make it mandatory when it isn't even ready to be used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for the people who say that arc doesnt see pre-installed games, i had the same problem till i found http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/(arc)-registry-repair-tool cheersb:pleased
    EDIT: This works..even if u dont install the game...but actually copied files
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Well given that most of the issues with the client are worked on by completely searate developer groups than the Arc platform, that statement is a bit off. Also, Sparkie has already spoken up on this subject as far as it relates to Arc and the websites.

Name a loophole or a security issue. So far all I've got is a way to start clients that bypasses the Arc requirement check. I'll be happy to look into it. So far I haven't found much. Broad statements like this with no supporting evidence are pretty silly to make.

Again with apples to oranges. Disconnects and the recent server issues have nothing to do with Arc.

As for pushing something the user's don't want, it happens. If you look at it from a business standpoint, and know what PWE is looking forward to with future plans, it probably makes a lot of sense and till make things better for us in the long run.

The one thing I do agree on is that making Arc a forced thing while it's still in the baby stages of development is a bad idea. It's also why I started the Arc Analysis and will continue to dig into it as much as I can.

To the point of u saying how the disconnects and server issues have nothing to do with arc, I know that...the point is they are more concerned about pushing Arc then the server issues that in the last week we have had another map crash and mass dc. Rather than focusing so much on something NO ONE wants that is STILL IN BETA....they should work on the actual issues first. Like u said its still in the baby stages. Who knows what sort of plethora of issues we will have as they update it and more people start using it. They shouldnt force an unfinished product on ANYONE till they know it works without issues and the actual issues with the game are fixed. As if they dont make enough money as is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As you may have all been aware, massive amount of playerbase will leave on April 2nd, 2014 and hopefully never look back.

With that arc **** PWI acts like a raper jumping on its unwanting victim, enuff is enuff.

We need to all draw the line here and consider if we want mouth fed bull **** like that in our lives.

Oh how i hope PWI gets what it deserves - the biggest backfire in its history !

Maybe completely boycott PWI?

I use ARC and really do not see a difference. I am still able to log two toons at once and that's really all I needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To the point of u saying how the disconnects and server issues have nothing to do with arc, I know that...the point is they are more concerned about pushing Arc then the server issues that in the last week we have had another map crash and mass dc. Rather than focusing so much on something NO ONE wants that is STILL IN BETA....they should work on the actual issues first. Like u said its still in the baby stages. Who knows what sort of plethora of issues we will have as they update it and more people start using it. They shouldnt force an unfinished product on ANYONE till they know it works without issues and the actual issues with the game are fixed. As if they dont make enough money as is.

I don't disagree with you but I think the team working for Arc is different from the one that's in charge of the game, servers etc. such things usually work this way (I'm working with a group on an animation and I have certain things I must do and others I don't get involved into because it's not my area). Those developing Arc most likely don't even know how to take care of the actual game(s) so it probably makes no difference if they focus a lot or little on Arc but they could..perhaps hire more staff or something.

I, too, dislike the fact that they are pushing Arc like this when it's not 100% ready.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    I use ARC and really do not see a difference. I am still able to log two toons at once and that's really all I needed.

But it hasn't been fully integrated yet... Even sparkie wrote in the news that for the moment multi-clienting doesn't work with the full integration.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Those developing Arc most likely don't even know how to take care of the actual game(s) so it probably makes no difference if they focus a lot or little on Arc but they could..perhaps hire more staff or something.

I, too, dislike the fact that they are pushing Arc like this when it's not 100% ready.

I hate to burst your little bubble of warm fuzzyness.. but Arc is the client people. In fact the very details as to how Arc and the client intergrate is down to the launcher.exe patcher.exe and elementclient.exe ALL of them have checks for Arc in them, they are just set to unconditionally jump reguardless. WHEN Arc will be mandatory these checks will not be unconditional, they will look for certain things and say "this is right, pass" or "Not running this requirement, call an error" This is a pushon a beta product that is neither needed nor wanted by us.
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hate to burst your little bubble of warm fuzzyness..

There's no such bubble. I was just saying though, didn't say that's how it is, hence all the hypothetical words f:stare although I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make about different teams.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    I don't disagree with you but I think the team working for Arc is different from the one that's in charge of the game, servers etc. such things usually work this way (I'm working with a group on an animation and I have certain things I must do and others I don't get involved into because it's not my area). Those developing Arc most likely don't even know how to take care of the actual game(s) so it probably makes no difference if they focus a lot or little on Arc but they could..perhaps hire more staff or something.

Yep...the main problem is though is that they are putting money into developing the Arc program when they should be more concerned with the health and care of the servers atm. With all the current issues the servers have been having lately Arc should be the last thing they are worrying about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Writing this from within PWI (Arc running, [shift][tab] in game). I hope the integrated Arc will use less memory: when I check taskmanager I see:

- Arc (71.840K)
    - ArcOSBroser (89.008K)
    - ArcOSOverlay (50.936K)
    - elementclient.exe (661.484K)
    - PWprotextor.exe (1.072K)

Was thinking: with integration the 3 first files above shouldn't have to be activated. For now Arc just isn't the piece of software I need. Not even to check the forum. Hoping only 1 thing: since the first release I downloaded the 'chat'-function is coming soon.... maybe if finally arrives on 04/02.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    I hate to burst your little bubble of warm fuzzyness.. but Arc is the client people. In fact the very details as to how Arc and the client intergrate is down to the launcher.exe patcher.exe and elementclient.exe ALL of them have checks for Arc in them, they are just set to unconditionally jump reguardless. WHEN Arc will be mandatory these checks will not be unconditional, they will look for certain things and say "this is right, pass" or "Not running this requirement, call an error" This is a pushon a beta product that is neither needed nor wanted by us.
    ^^ This

Though if the workaround you shared with me works, I'll probably put it in my Arc Analisys thread, or you can if you want. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    ^^ This

Though if the workaround you shared with me works, I'll probably put it in my Arc Analisys thread, or you can if you want. b:chuckle
    I would rather you didn't for now. wait and see just what PWE will do about it with people using it. share it privately, but not publically. (not yet anyway)

That inner circle thing that goes on in the private community, for the moment I would rather we had that here for now, I will personally post about it myself at some point, that you have my word on

I just hope they are stupid enough to release v101 as an Arc client requirement, then we have 2 perfectly identical clients :P
    There's no such bubble. I was just saying though, didn't say that's how it is, hence all the hypothetical words f:stare although I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make about different teams.
    Oh I understand, but your reasoning was flawed
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would rather you didn't for now. wait and see just what PWE will do about it with people using it. share it privately, but not publically. (not yet anyway)

That inner circle thing that goes on in the private community, for the moment I would rather we had that here for now, I will personally post about it myself at some point, that you have my word on

I just hope they are stupid enough to release v101 as an Arc client requirement, then we have 2 perfectly identical clients :P

Actually, keep it to yourself. You know why Arc was created in the first place. We don't need PWI to have anymore reasons to put more **** blocks on the client.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But it hasn't been fully integrated yet... Even sparkie wrote in the news that for the moment multi-clienting doesn't work with the full integration.

That's too bad... wonder how long it would take to fix it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Actually, keep it to yourself. You know why Arc was created in the first place. We don't need PWI to have anymore reasons to put more **** blocks on the client.
    You're right I do, to prevent bots. I know the guy that makes bots, he is already ready for the Arc requirement the bots are already fixed. I do not assist with it and I barely talk to him anyway
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So If i reinstall PWI thru Arc now, i dont have to worry about it later correct?
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    So If i reinstall PWI thru Arc now, i dont have to worry about it later correct?

Yeah you shouldn't have to worry about redownloading it again, but we'll see next week.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • mharris
    mharris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have played this game for years, seen some glitches fixed and some have remained unfixed since my start time. One still hasn't been fixed is a veno not being able to call an air pet in the air.

This arc has been the last straw for me I have invested money into the game as well as Neverwinter. I stopped playing after a year and came back to PWE perfect world solely. If we as pc users would simply refuse any and all cookies period we could end this **** of collecting our usage on the net.

We the pc users are the net and only if we allow other pc users to collect our data and usage to sell to companies, do they become bigger and start forcing their will upon us. I did download the core connect when forced and it was of no use at all, so I uninstalled it.

A Beta program should be opt in to get bugs worked out completely before you make it mandatory on the whole community. There is a reason you don't see GM's on the game they don't want their info collected either. The reasons for arc browser integration are weak so you don't have to leave game to browse, never heard of going window and minimize to open IE chrome, firefox etc.? I have learned to play without Jonas blessings and instead use the tons of buffs collected in the roll call.

I have met some great people in this game being the leader of a faction since 2009 and my alt being a director in another faction. I will keep in touch with most of them when I can find another game to play and invest in.
  • Demonangle - Raging Tide
    Demonangle - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sparkie I have a question since i know arc is on its way is there anything i should to to prepare for the 2nd of April when we will need arc? (i have it installed but anything else?)
  • Bannach - Raging Tide
    Bannach - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone just jumped back into the game after 2years break. Alot has changed!

One thing i havnt been able to do with Arc though is double client run? Why has arc stoped us from this? as far as i remember double clienting was like a hidden important mechanic lolb:bye