Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Options

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Options
    What is this work around String you are referring to? I looked through the thread and didnt see anything about it was wondering if maybe i missed it.
    Just wondering what it is. There are so many easy ways to multi with arc b:laugh
    It's something that a few of us "in the scene" are aware of. It's not something I've posted publicly yet, but I may in the near future. For now it's not really needed.
    tgrldy wrote: »
    do we need to uninstall the old pwi first or what..plzz let me know
    You need to click the second link and follow the instructions.
    For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    lyzbeth wrote: »
    ROFLMAO

Wow you really dont know what your talking about .. ARC is NOT a Web Browser .. It IS a Game Browser for all of PWI's games .. and forums are thru ARC and NOT hard to find.. and i am Currently duel clienting so **** about stuff you know nothing about ..

This type of game browser is a type of web browser. It goes directly to the game's web pages which require features it does not have. Yes you can duel client if you ignore the claims you can't. I started 2 clients right after the update. I did not say the forums were hard to find. I did say there is no spell checker if you add to the forums through Arc. Your spelling errors are obvious. I maintain that this is a useless poorly designed tool that is forced upon us.

Good for you and your liking of this useless layer. Most of us do not like having it shoved down our throats.
  • Galacatta - Archosaur
    Galacatta - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Can someone post step by step on how to avoid re-downloading PWI?

I downloaded the RegRepair tool from http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

and I choose every imaginable folder for it to repair but with no luck on getting arc to recognise it. Does Arc need to be in the same file as my pwi game? e.g I have PWI saved on a hard drive but arc installed on my laptop, do i need to move it?
    All help is appreciated ty :)
  • matsdeviant
    matsdeviant Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

I sent a ticket and raved and qq'd for couple hours before I found this, sorry guys, registry fixer worked for me....back to game!
  • matsdeviant
    matsdeviant Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Can someone post step by step on how to avoid re-downloading PWI?

I downloaded the RegRepair tool from http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

and I choose every imaginable folder for it to repair but with no luck on getting arc to recognise it. Does Arc need to be in the same file as my pwi game? e.g I have PWI saved on a hard drive but arc installed on my laptop, do i need to move it?
    All help is appreciated ty :)

you have to select 'elementclient.exe' to repair, from folder 'element' in game file
  • irm9
    irm9 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

I love everyone!
  • _Bagyra_ - Morai
    _Bagyra_ - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    sadly pwi forgot what word "game" means.

i remember times when it was just click "start" and go
  • sysyphus
    sysyphus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    goodbye, kids... I will be spending my time on other games from now onb:cryb:angryb:bye
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Just log in PWI with arc. After you done logging press CTRL+ALT+Delete and terminate arc from running processes and continue gaming b:victory
  • pwidescent08
    pwidescent08 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    you have to select 'elementclient.exe' to repair, from folder 'element' in game file

you cant choose 'elementclient.exe' , just the folders... u cant even choose any specific files but only directories, files were located...
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I have a few question, how do you explain the spyware and tracking cookies your Arc is trying to download on my computer? And why would you think Arc is better then what we had when it lags things more since it runs in the background and can't be closed? And when if ever are you going to make Arc user friendly? Because it is not in any way user friendly now.

Oh and best question of all why do we have to use Arc when most of us would rather keep things they they were? Why force us to use Arc? I know it's going to make me and a lot of other quit the game for good. What about the DQ, and other things we can't use now that you are forcing us to use the crappy Arc or yours? When will that be available to us again, if ever? And best of all why didn't you ASK us if we wanted this change? Does what your play base wants not matter to you guys at all? Dumb *** question, of course it doesn't!

I know I won't get a reply but what the hell thought I'd put it out there.
  • Toryni - Raging Tide
    Toryni - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    you cant choose 'elementclient.exe' , just the folders... u cant even choose any specific files but only directories, files were located...

This! It won't let me pick an .exe file. It only let's me pick the element folder. I did that...and it's still not working. :(
    ~ Toriano ~ Demon Mystic 102-102-101 ~

Sage Cleric 101-101-100/Sage Seeker 100-100-100
    Demon Sin 102-101-8x/Sage Wiz 101-101-100
    Sage Psy 100-100/Demon BM 101/Demon Veno 96
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This! It won't let me pick an .exe file. It only let's me pick the element folder. I did that...and it's still not working. :(

Need to repair Perfect World International folder, worked for me in 5 different computers (geek ehem, geek), just make sure to click the last subfolder, should conatind Arc, element....

/whatever/Perfect World International/ <- Select this (which should contain /arc, /element... )
  • Toryni - Raging Tide
    Toryni - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Need to repair Perfect World International folder, worked for me in 5 different computers (geek ehem, geek), just make sure to click the last subfolder, should conatind Arc, element....

/whatever/Perfect World International/ <- Select this (which should contain /arc, /element... )

YAY! It worked thanks so much! :D
    ~ Toriano ~ Demon Mystic 102-102-101 ~

Sage Cleric 101-101-100/Sage Seeker 100-100-100
    Demon Sin 102-101-8x/Sage Wiz 101-101-100
    Sage Psy 100-100/Demon BM 101/Demon Veno 96
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I will answer your questions as they were presented and answered earlier. In the case that they weren't, I will simply answer them (Though I have probably already posted it elsewhere in the past 24 hours.)
    I have a few question, how do you explain the spyware and tracking cookies your Arc is trying to download on my computer?
    2. For the people wearing foil hats, can you give any details on the type of cookies and data tracking?
    So far, I'm pretty positive it's mostly just add cookies and thing to gather system/client information for the purpose of logistics, and the social integration. Some clarification would be nice though.
    2) It's essentially the same as what your web browser tracks, nothing any different. As for data, it's only system specs should you choose to opt-in that will help us optimize Arc. Everything else works like how your game originally ran, just now it's in Arc instead of the launcher.
    And why would you think Arc is better then what we had when it lags things more since it runs in the background and can't be closed?
    This I've written a bunch, but I'm not going to dig up an exact quote...
    Arc doesn't cause extra lag unless your PC and/or internet connection is completely unable to manage a couple of extra packets being sent accross the connection.

Arc doesn't make PWI slow, or cause extra lag, unless your PC was at the **** end of standard PC specs 9 years ago, and doesn't have the resources to manage an extra 100MB of RAM and about 1% of CPU usage. Ok, I admit, I could be wrong about that if you have a newer PC with "ok" specs and have overloaded it with bloatware and **** programs that are eating up your resources.
    And when if ever are you going to make Arc user friendly? Because it is not in any way user friendly now.
    It's user-friendly now for anyone with a smidgen of common sense.
    Oh and best question of all why do we have to use Arc when most of us would rather keep things they they were? Why force us to use Arc? I know it's going to make me and a lot of other quit the game for good. What about the DQ, and other things we can't use now that you are forcing us to use the crappy Arc or yours? When will that be available to us again, if ever? And best of all why didn't you ASK us if we wanted this change? Does what your play base wants not matter to you guys at all? Dumb *** question, of course it doesn't!

I know I won't get a reply but what the hell thought I'd put it out there.
    DQ was supposed to end last year. Pissing and moaning about it now is silly.
    Arc is pretty easy to use, it has a nice interface, though it does have a few bugs they are still working out. Overall though, if you have a system with decent specs that was manufactured in the last 5 or 6 years, you won't be having the issues you folks insist you are having.

Their choice to push Arc is made from a business standpoint, and from there, it makes a lot of sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mak_Lampier - Archosaur
    Mak_Lampier - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    WTF...we need redownload the fvking game? b:angry
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yes, but sparkie, before you even were a community manager here, people were posting issues with Arc. Heck, when Arc first came out (revamped Core Client), people didn't get any support at all. Now at best, you are able to forward their complaint/issue. However, a quick forum search will show the appropriate numbers of issues and complaints with the software, including many threads reaches 10+ pages discussing wanting Arc to be taken away and not the primary option to download and play the game through.

Not being able to multi-client will be a major issue that will make people quit. I promise you this, and will bet $50 USD on the 24 hour period of players finding out that ability of multi-clienting no longer exists, you will have the entire page of "General discussion" here on PWI-Forums littered with complaint threads on how players are not only upset that they must use Arc in order to play the game they have played for five years without that software, but also the fact that they can only log on one account per computer.

This is DRM. DRM isn't just used to stop piracy (though, it certinately can be used that way in this case), but it's also used to stop cheating with client-related hacks, stop notting (we already have legal botting, lol), and most of all - track what the player is doing. DRM is forced software that in order to use a specific piece of software or game, you must download, install, and have open while initializing said code.

Steam is also different in the sense that while they did start with no one wanting to use it... Well, it's Valve! They have more than just a few titles developed by their own company that have been successful, including well over 10,000 3rd party games, and a cloud service that syncs data + servers. Arc has nothing like that. All it offers in auto-login, input code here, mess with fake friends here, etc.

Steam is completely different, because they offer a completely different service. The only relation they have with Arc is the fact that both platforms are DRM and force the person behind the screen to use them in order to play the companies titles.

And, I was right. As always. GG Sparkie/PWE. Click here to see my genius level reach 9000 and my HP at 9999999.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
    edited April 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cindy91111
    cindy91111 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1. I open pwi like ussual (click Element client)
    2. Louncher should me to download Arc before i play pwi
    3. I download Arc, install it, than i login to that Arc
    4. I'm looking for the way how to play PWI on Arc and i didnt find it than i close Arc
    5. I open again PWI with Element client than that louncher go to Arc again
    6. I login again, and BOOM you need Download PWI before you can play it and it required 16GB SPACE

this new Arc is a JOKE and NOT FUNNY AT ALL
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
    edited April 2014
    Options
    cindy91111 wrote: »
    1. I open pwi like ussual (click Element client)
    2. Louncher should me to download Arc before i play pwi
    3. I download Arc, install it, than i login to that Arc
    4. I'm looking for the way how to play PWI on Arc and i didnt find it than i close Arc
    5. I open again PWI with Element client than that louncher go to Arc again
    6. I login again, and BOOM you need Download PWI before you can play it and it required 16GB SPACE

this new Arc is a JOKE and NOT FUNNY AT ALL
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
    You screwed up by not properly using the registry repair tool to tell Arc where your client is.

On a side note, the client is only 8GBM right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    For the moment, this is exactly as before on my PC. No need of Arc or whatever.
    I will see after rebooting in some days but nothing to be afraid of :p
    (But still I don't like that kind of policy from PWE)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Felurian - Lost City
    Felurian - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    How does an average user start the game now?
    It forced me to install ARC, which I did. Then I tried to start the game, but it just sent me to this confusing system where it says I need to download the game again? And that shet is like 16GB? What's this? Obviously i already have it downloaded. ._.
    Why am I forced to use this badly developed system, when I will never be insterested in any of other PWE games?

tl;dr: I don't know how to even open the ******n game now and appreciate any advice.
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You screwed up by not properly using the registry repair tool to tell Arc where your client is.

No they didn't - Arc was pointing to the right place and it's forcing a reinstall
    edited April 2014
    Options

PWE screwed up and released Arc before it could automatically find their games. For some of us the registry repair tool is easy to use but it should have never been needed if they did their job in the 1st place.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Any official post about FAIL ARC Integration?
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so............

multi client is still working same as before.

nothing seems to have changed cept arc is manditory?

>.>

<.<

whats the fuss about now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DavidHunter - Momaganon
    DavidHunter - Momaganon Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    playing without arc is just awesome :D

you guys tried to be sneaky to put the arcinstall.exe and the arcsdk.dll into the game folder. wakakakakakaka... already deleted em guys after the launcher was up. b:victory

p.s.: the sdk needs to be deleted everytime the launcher came up b:cute
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Any official post about FAIL ARC Integration?
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

You are incorrectly assuming that PWE actually cares about it's customers.

PWE has routinely added unfinished expansions and neglected to fix the errors in the game that they create. People here can complain till they are blue in the face and it will make no difference. That is why many of us will never try another game made by them even if they paid us.

Poor sparkiesoft is the latest in the line of administrators that have to answer our complaints with no input from an upper management that does not care.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So this is what I did on the Computer that I usually play:

1.Start Patcher thing, it asks for update as usual
    2.After Update clicked Start button, game started without asking for ark (no reboot at that time b:laugh )
    3.Start element, and same thing.
    4.log out from both account and close game.
    5.start game again, now it needs arc, so i install it
    6.run again, this time arc log me in
    7. so now i go to element and no problem, it runs as usual
    8.then i reboot and check by repeating step 5 to 7 again and no problem.

On this computer game is on C:\Perfect World Entertainment.

On my laptop arc was installed so after update patch just launch it.

on laptop game was in a diferent location, something like :

D:\Folder\another_folder\Perfect World Entertainment

but it runs with no problem

Still, I dont like arc , not that i hate it.. Is more that i dont care about it.
    Since they force this software on players, it would be nice that they add things like the DQ system, that way it would be more useful and accepted by people.

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You are incorrectly assuming that PWE actually cares about it's customers.

PWE has routinely added unfinished expansions and neglected to fix the errors in the game that they create. People here can complain till they are blue in the face and it will make no difference. That is why many of us will never try another game made by them even if they paid us.

Poor sparkiesoft is the latest in the line of administrators that have to answer our complaints with no input from an upper management that does not care.

Poor sparkie my ***. He is a cut and paste donkey for the higher ups. He and everyone he speaks to knew about the problems arc had. Instead of fixing the issue they made a "fix" program, that in itself has issues.

Poor spakire? I say poor players. This forced release of arc PROVES 100% that they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PLAYERS. Saying you do is 1 thing, proving it is another. They talk all day but havent proved **** with the players that they actually care.
    NGTUy53.png