Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Comments

• velasquez2
    velasquez2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sunnyqx wrote: »
    I opened arc and pressed play as normal and there was a long long delay. After this my antivirus programme said it had removed a virus and i cant use arc or element now- notrhing happens even after restart of arc!!! Any ideas?

same here

When I opened Arc after client update, Arc Games List was empty and I am threatened to download and reinstall PWI b:angry
    To be honest I am thinking about to stop the download and ignore PWI until the Developer have fixed this s.hit.

Dear Developers, when will any of your works work at the 1st try?

The same here.
    I will ignore PWI, until it's fixed, for sure

b:bye
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2014

A. Most of us.

B. Most of us. Multi-clienting hasn't changed.

C. Most of us. Multi-clienting hasn't changed.

D. They have some really strange system incompatibility and are maybe 1% of the user base. Or they're doing something wrong.

I've used Sandboxie to multi, but currently (without spending money to pay for a license) I can only log two in at once.. What other options are there to multi?

I like to have my three characters and catshop available, as I dislike swapping back and forth.

Cheers Sylen <3
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've used Sandboxie to multi, but currently (without spending money to pay for a license) I can only log two in at once.. What other options are there to multi?

I like to have my three characters and catshop available, as I dislike swapping back and forth.

Cheers Sylen <3

Same way as always, use elementclient.exe
    This is a test
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same way as always, use elementclient.exe

Hmm, Ok.. What I tried was to just simply open the client, but it says "Cannot launch the game while it is running. Please exit the game and try again."

If I try to close Arc, it says I can't with an open client running.

EDIT: I just realised I have been using the Patcher, not the Element Client to open games.

Let me see if that works.

EDIT 2: Ok cool.. ignore my stupidity. And thanyou for helping me realise <3
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ok the real question is since were fully arc integrated, dq system is gone ...where is the arc reward system we were told about months ago...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    velasquez2 wrote: »
    Sure... make the way free for Virusses... nice idea b:laugh
    Not if you play it safe while you know you have it disabled.

If it's not disabled, it's almost guaranteed to get a false-positive on the client files and **** them up so you can't play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seems so many are trying to repair their arc to recognize pwi installed. me and a friend of mine play directly from elementclient, but the difference is that his arc does not recognize his game, and I believe therefore is the reason why his arc doesnt open either when opening elementclient. For me however, my arc does recognize my game and arc opens when I run the first elementclient. I wish it wouldnt though.
    Hmm, Ok.. What I tried was to just simply open the client, but it says "Cannot launch the game while it is running. Please exit the game and try again."

If I try to close Arc, it says I can't with an open client running.

EDIT: I just realised I have been using the Patcher, not the Element Client to open games.

Let me see if that works.

EDIT 2: Ok cool.. ignore my stupidity. And thanyou for helping me realise <3

Great you figured it out :)
    This is a test
  • fireleprechaun
    fireleprechaun Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ive just spent last 2 hours re downloading pwi through arc for it to go update and arc now telling me again to install pwi WTF is going on
  • vandmand
    vandmand Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    b:shocked Virus/Malware detected in Elementclient.exe..... now if i block it i cant play, if i allow it, ill have pest on my computer... Help
    edited April 2014
    vandmand wrote: »
    b:shocked Virus/Malware detected in Elementclient.exe..... now if i block it i cant play, if i allow it, ill have pest on my computer... Help
    No, it's called a false-positive. There is no pest.

The code used to call for data from the server looks similar to a Word macro virus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Downloaded the revised ARC update but cannot play the game!!!

Ive tried down loading a second time still no joy!

What is going on? Any ideas is it just a PWI mess up?

My computer has all the capacity necessary to run game which worked fine until todays update :(
    edited April 2014
    jehu50 wrote: »
    Downloaded the revised ARC update but cannot play the game!!!

Ive tried down loading a second time still no joy!

What is going on? Any ideas is it just a PWI mess up?

My computer has all the capacity necessary to run game which worked fine until todays update :(
    If you're having a problem, start a new thread in the Technical Support forum, and provide more information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • connerj
    connerj Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I finally figured it out on my computer. As it was, I had created two users on my computer. I switched between users to use separate games. That does not work anymore. Both clients are now on one user and both clients show on the task bar--both under the same ark install. It is actually EASIER to switch between clients now--and a LOT easier when running three computers as I am with three separate users. Theoretically, SEVERAL clients can be placed on the same task bar. Maybe this is ACTUALLY beneficial?
  • ashlynnd
    ashlynnd Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I downloaded PWI via ARC two days ago. Tried logging into the game this morning and it takes me to the char loading page but none of my chars show up. Help?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashlynnd wrote: »
    I downloaded PWI via ARC two days ago. Tried logging into the game this morning and it takes me to the char loading page but none of my chars show up. Help?

Make sure you are on correct server. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
    edited April 2014
    ashlynnd wrote: »
    Select the correct server.

EDIT: Gah!!! I got ninja'ed by Sizzer =P

On a side note, I'll likely be trolling this thread and the Technical Support Zone today to help you guys that are having issues with it. Please, just give me some information to work with when you start a thread on it.

Keep in mind that I don't get paid for this, I do have a life outside of PWI, and I may not respond immediately. (Have to make a run to the store, and a few other RL things so I'm in and out.) I do enjoy helping you guys when you give me the data I need to help though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashlynnd
    ashlynnd Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Make sure you are on correct server. b:victory

Did not notice they had changed the order of servers!! Thanks for the help.b:cute
  • blood23war
    blood23war Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    is it just me but i can still paly the game with out arc lol
    edited April 2014
    blood23war wrote: »
    is it just me but i can still paly the game with out arc lol
    Yeah, for the most part it's just "integrated" Arc by making the patcher launch Arc at the same time it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Ok, just tested this on one of my PC's.
    PWI is installed, Arc is not.

1. Patch client.
    2. Reboot PC
    3. Start client by patcher.
    4. Prompted by message "You need to install Arc To start the game" Options are Install and Quit.
    5. Clicked Quit.
    6. Start client with elementclient.exe.
    7. Play game.

Alternative method.
    3b. Start patcher with workaround string.
    4b. Patcher loads with no Arc message, click Start to play.

So, it's pretty easy to run PWI without Arc needed. At least, it is for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, just tested this on one of my PC's.
    PWI is installed, Arc is not.

1. Patch client.
    2. Reboot PC
    3. Start client by patcher.
    4. Prompted by message "You need to install Arc To start the game" Options are Install and Quit.
    5. Clicked Quit.
    6. Start client with elementclient.exe.
    7. Play game.

Alternative method.
    3b. Start patcher with workaround string.
    4b. Patcher loads with no Arc message, click Start to play.

So, it's pretty easy to run PWI without Arc needed. At least, it is for now.

LMAO...geniuses at PWE are probalby kicking their own butts over this post right here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalaf - Sanctuary
    Zalaf - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What is this work around String you are referring to? I looked through the thread and didnt see anything about it was wondering if maybe i missed it.
    Just wondering what it is. There are so many easy ways to multi with arc b:laugh
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The only thing that changed is that patcher.exe wants Arc to be running before it runs.

PWE wants people to see that it's programmers can not even design a browser that can properly view their own web pages. The error message "The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback." is proudly on the PWI main screen to show their ignorance.

Their web page also has nothing to do with Arc as proven by the fact that you still have to log into their web page after logging onto Arc. There is no integration with their own web sites.

If you want to use these forums on arc, keep a dictionary nearby. PWE has not heard of spell check either. That is decades behind the times.

PWE is trying to force it's users to use their browser instead of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Fire Fox. Their attempt at replacing these browsers is a pathetic joke.

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

This move makes things harder for people who are using 2 clients under the rules and families that share a group of computers to play the game. I know several households that play the game and some families where 3 generations are on the game. These are the people that PWE is trying to discourage. They prefer the people who would make Howard Stern blush when reading the in game world chat.

• Kizune_Chan - Archosaur
    Kizune_Chan - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    its not working, hate when PWI try to change what was working fine b:angry
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont get it... I downloaded game trough ARC and all.. it Installed it etc, and when I click Play it says "Cannot launch the game while its running. Please exit the game and try again." I checked all processes in task manager and I dont have elementclient running there so idk why it shows that msg :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

PWE is trying to force it's users to use their browser instead of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Fire Fox. Their attempt at replacing these browsers is a pathetic joke.

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

This move makes things harder for people who are using 2 clients under the rules and families that share a group of computers to play the game. I know several households that play the game and some families where 3 generations are on the game. These are the people that PWE is trying to discourage. They prefer the people who would make Howard Stern blush when reading the in game world chat.

ROFLMAO

Wow you really dont know what your talking about .. ARC is NOT a Web Browser .. It IS a Game Browser for all of PWI's games .. and forums are thru ARC and NOT hard to find.. and i am Currently duel clienting so **** about stuff you know nothing about ..
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont get it... I downloaded game trough ARC and all.. it Installed it etc, and when I click Play it says "Cannot launch the game while its running. Please exit the game and try again." I checked all processes in task manager and I dont have elementclient running there so idk why it shows that msg :(

maybe try rebooting your comp?
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    b:angryI have tried running the updater to get arc... I didn't want to... but I tried... on 2 computers... and it don't work. -_-
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lyzbeth wrote: »
    maybe try rebooting your comp?

Tried that too. In end I right clicked on PWI inside ARC and clicked Repair.. I have no idea what it did coz it reopened my old Launcher and ran verify and some kind of update. After I clicked Play I managed to log ingame but it was in full screen and all on max but my ping is smooth and FPS pretty high so idk... I guess thats ok now, but dont ask me why or how rofl b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • tgrldy
    tgrldy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

do we need to uninstall the old pwi first or what..plzz let me know