Bookmerchant

IShotMyself - Lost City
IShotMyself - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Crafting Nook
Not sure if I'm in the correct section but has anyone noticed that the Bookmerchant isn't selling the crafting skills anymore? like the LV4 and LV6 that you used to be able to purchase after you achieved level 4 on whichever crafting skill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by IShotMyself - Lost City on

Comments

• Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Those crafting levels have a quest associated with them, even if you have the book you can't use it (unless it's the boutique item) unless you meet the requirements, and doing the quest grants you the book anyway... >.>
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You need to have finished the quest in order for the various bookmerchants to sell the book. If you have the book and otherwise meet the requirements for the crafting level, you should be able to use it... but those books are quite expensive. (It's the bookmerchant in South Arch that sells the level 4 books (for 10 million coins), not sure which one sells level 6 books.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you do the quest, you are given the book, except for one of the levels, icr which, where you have to buy them for one of the crafts from an npc for 50k coins iirc. The only reason to buy a book from a bookmerchant is if you lost the book after doing the quest.

Here is the link for the pwiwiki crafting guide, this tells you EVERYTHING you need to know lol

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Crafting

EDIT: Had a quick skim through the guide; been a while since I used it. The apothecary levels 4 and 6 are the only ones you have to buy, and the npc is the gardener dude near Dreamweaver
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word