the most recent scam, be careful.

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Most helpful...i have linked this page to my faction website and letting any people ik not to trust ANYONE saying to go to any non PWI sites or to trust anyone without making sure its who they say they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    scruncy wrote: »
    you are all right .
    Yes , you should not give things away
    Yes u should go not to 3rd party pages
    Yes u should not do this and that

Thats all correct , but this doesnt mean that people who go around and try to trick others or lure them somewhere should be unpunished.

Its like living in a criminal environment in rl. What do you then? You move to a other place where you feel saver.
    And this can not be in the interrest of pwi.

Then take a more proactive approach in-game. If a scammer makes an attempt to get your account info or borrow your gear then screen shot it to post on some image hosting site. Then spam a link to that site, what the scammer did, and who the scammers are in WC. Out the scammers in the game. Humiliate them. Get your in-game community more involved with identifying and dealing with these scammers.
    *cough* look at what happened with the goon glitch, and the orb glitch. (Not to mention other... cases... that I am forgetting to mention.) xD

Cheaters absolutely seem to prosper in this game sadly. D: What community is left has pretty much just accepted it since pwe/pwi doesn't seem to do anything about the one's who do abuse/'cheat' their way to uberness. ;/

In this case it's the victims who are allowing these cheaters to rob them. Would these people lend their car to a total stranger for a test drive? Would these people give their debit card and pin to someone who promised to deposit free cash into their bank account? In essence that is what they are doing in the game. People who get scammed gave the scammer everything they needed to scam them. PWE has nothing to do with people allowing themselves to get scammed other than warn people not to allow themselves to get scammed. Scammers who get banned just create new accounts and scam again. What then?

Best course of action to prevent being scammed is to not give the scammer what they need to scam in the 1st place. That is on the players, not PWE. People greedy enough to try to get something for free deserve what they get.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Would these people give their debit card and pin to someone who promised to deposit free cash into their bank account?
    Nigerian Prince is still active and working on an unfortunately large enough amount of people to still be a thing so... I guess the answer to this one is a big fat yes. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ieas - Morai
    Ieas - Morai Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    If anyone knows who the culprit is in particular, please send me and/or the mods and CM information, so we can look into this and hopefully end the scamming that they're causing!

its funny as for 3 weeks i been loooking in to this guy i have posted in game pms and Skype chats. but yet he is still playing the game from a baned regin and yet the player who was **** have got no support from pwi and the players have spend over 2kEuro /usd on there account to get the stuff but yet still no support from the GM to replae the items.

-snip- has it now got to the point where pwi dont care about the players, now have the attude of if the spend 1k befor now they will spend 1k more to get items back. the players who lose the items can get items bak but pwi have to pull finger out and help its members.

i took Rank 3 week to track down the hackers by skype messages and in game sales he dose not have the power of a GM to find out but yet found out who the player is why cant the GM have done this baned the player ip and all account loged in to it and returned all the items the GM have a list of all the items as there was tickets made from all accounts

I SAY STOP COUNTED UR R9 SALE BANK BALLANCE AND HELP OUR MEMEMBERS
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Just thought id put my 2 cents in. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1677421 my little post about scammers xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Point is, don't ever share account with anyone, you don't know who's the real person behind a certain toon, hell, it could even be a horse or a turtle playing that toon, or even SkyNet.b:shocked

And if you share your account info, then just prepare for the worst case scenario.

These scammers are getting smarter each day and who knows what other trick they have for the near future.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Point is, don't ever share account with anyone, you don't know who's the real person behind a certain toon, hell, it could even be a horse or a turtle playing that toon, or even SkyNet.b:shocked

And if you share your account info, then just prepare for the worst case scenario.

These scammers are getting smarter each day and who knows what other trick they have for the near future.

HEHEHE....SkyNet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ieas - Morai
    Ieas - Morai Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014

the scammers are not hackeing wiht shared info iths a web site that looks like real pwi site but when u put ur password sod all hapens that you can see BUT they have just got ur user and log in with in 24 hours they steel ur account and all items and NPC ur R9 gear so u cant play
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm all for rage against the scammers here, yes, they are horrible people, I too hope they suffer pestilence and plague in biblical proportions.

I'm very much against rage against the victims.
    The situation they're in alters my sympathy levels, but still, lets not harp on someone's intelligence levels or gullibility.
    Remember, Common Sense is NOT common, and people will always trust someone. Sometimes trust is misplaced, but is that the fault of the one who trusts? Especially if it's a "friend", I say no.

A month ago I got an odd message from a friend on my friends list, telling me about the +12 orb give-away and to go to some website. It was in an offline chat window message, which they'd never done to me before.
    Now, I have Uncommon Sense, so I thought I'd check the pwi website and forums to find out about it. Knowing that there was no such info, I did not go to that website, and instead frantically skyped my friend about their account being compromised. I did also have prior information about a scam going on, so I was extra cautious.
    Unironically, a second friend on my friends list 2 days later messaged me with the same message. I was in such a rage, tables were flipping. Why is PW not doing anything about this??? Then, I calmed my T's and said "Well, what -can- they do?" Jack-shizz is about all I expect.

But, what if I had no prior information about possible scams before? There is always a small window of time before a big scam like this one becomes public knowledge on a wide scale. Most people I have no reason -not- to trust, because a lot of them I've "known" for years. Maybe if I wasn't such a paranoid person or didn't keep up to date with PWI forums, or if I didn't associate with informed members, I might have visited that site myself. Who knows? Do I get to judge others based on my standards because I'm hyper-vigilant and they're not as much? I don't think so.

It's a sad day when you need regular System chat messages about not sharing info or going to sites other than this one or that one, and faction members need to constantly post alerts that people are impersonating them to try to get stuff from people.
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    web site that looks like real pwi site

Always always always check the URL of a site if you have not been there before
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do I sympathize with "hackers"? Hell no. I simply dont mind them. With their ways, they wont get my Info anyways (: No need to protect the ppl, let them do mistakes and they will know how to proper handle this kinda situation when they encounter them again. PPL always only learn the hard way. So if you look at it from a more psychological way, then one could come to the thought that those so called "hackers" did even do more good then OPs post ever could do. Not always is anything just Black and white.

I agree with you that the "****" victims are often to blame themselves, or at least partly. However, you can't let the scammers just continue with that excuse. That would just open the way for everyone to try making coins/gear this way, and result in a totally paranoid community. Jealousy already creates enough fairy tales, no need to add excessive fear to be scammed/**** to that. The lack of common sense of the victims isn't a reason not to give attention to this kind of issue.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    I agree with you that the "****" victims are often to blame themselves, or at least partly. However, you can't let the scammers just continue with that excuse. That would just open the way for everyone to try making coins/gear this way, and result in a totally paranoid community. Jealousy already creates enough fairy tales, no need to add excessive fear to be scammed/**** to that. The lack of common sense of the victims isn't a reason not to give attention to this kind of issue.

Everyone always tries to say that the **** are also to blame but i have to disagree...a good example is what if its a good friend that was **** and you are oblivous too it...and they managed to ask you to borrow something or other or like a page they started or something...most people wouldnt think twice about it cuz you already have that person as an established and trustworthy friend...and boom you get **** too....Sadly many players do take the stance of oh well....i will just ignore it and not care...we have to watch each others backs or scammers will keep scamming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everyone always tries to say that the **** are also to blame but i have to disagree...a good example is what if its a good friend that was **** and you are oblivous too it...and they managed to ask you to borrow something or other or like a page they started or something...most people wouldnt think twice about it cuz you already have that person as an established and trustworthy friend...and boom you get **** too....Sadly many players do take the stance of oh well....i will just ignore it and not care...we have to watch each others backs or scammers will keep scamming.

T, my account totally hasn't been comprised *shifty look* can i borrow all your stuff?

On a side note though, if someone did **** my account and actually managed to scam my friends id be disappointed in them. I have certain mannerisms when typing in game like emotocon use, sentence phrasing etc that unless i was being stalked by the hacker for a good few weeks i doubt they would be able to copy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    T, my account totally hasn't been comprised *shifty look* can i borrow all your stuff?

On a side note though, if someone did **** my account and actually managed to scam my friends id be disappointed in them. I have certain mannerisms when typing in game like emotocon use, sentence phrasing etc that unless i was being stalked by the hacker for a good few weeks i doubt they would be able to copy.

This is a very good point i should add to my post. Ty for that dome.

My sort of Guide for Not being scammed is here --> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1677421
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lenie
    lenie Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thx for posting this. they tried to use my name as director from a guild on DW n also from leaders n marchal names. Never ever give ur account info or atleast verify with the officer thats involved.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is a very good point i should add to my post. Ty for that dome.

If its a key-logger/sophisticated adware... it can record your mannerism, and then the 'hacker' can mimic a friend... but aye most hackers are unlikely to go to that extent just to **** someone else... but then again they may very well be willing to try this very thing, if they tried and failed to get you to download anything, or go to a fishy site.

Sadly you really do need to be suspicious of anyone/everyone even if they are good friends/have the same 'mannerisms.' ... No matter how much you may trust a friend you met in game, you really have no idea what sites they may be visiting in their.. free time... when they aren't playing the game. (Hell even if you know they're smart/savvy to an extent, you really never know if they may have downloaded something mining information from their computers... unknowingly... it does happen. ;/ It can even happen to those who might consider themselves computer savvy.

My point is that you never know what might be hidden on a friends computer/what a "hacker" might do to get as much 'goods' as possible.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Many are just to easy with their trust then. Lending some items, sure. I lost some that way. Lending an item that would make me quit if I were to lose it, I don't do that to just game acquitances. It's not just about trusting that the person doesn't have bad intentions, but also trusting that the person you lend something to will be just as carefull as you are. If you increase the risk exponentially with your own actions, then no security system will be able to prevent it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm, I'm not trying to put all the blame on the victims and I know some are genuinely clueless or didn't have anyone tell them basic safety measurements on the internet or they are just kids. Arguably, people should inform themselves about the internet first before using it but that's another topic.

The thing is though, if you really are good friends with certain people you should know them well enough that you won't be fooled. Close friends I've met on the internet are on my skype or facebook, we keep in touch outside the game and we voice chat. Acquaintances in-game that I don't know well enough, naturally I won't trust them as easily. So it kinda comes down to putting your trust in wrong places or not taking enough measurements to assure the people you are friends with really are what they claim to be.

Now, certainly some people specifically become "good friends" with you to take advantage of you and that happens but even then it is very rare that one will spend months to gain your trust and then **** you over like that, especially when there are easier targets that fall for it really fast.

Just my 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Nigerian Prince is still active and working on an unfortunately large enough amount of people to still be a thing so... I guess the answer to this one is a big fat yes. b:laugh

I have little sympathy for those who are scammed by the Nigerians either. Unfortunately people are naïve and just plain ignorant. Maybe it because they get so lost in a fantasy that common sense evaporates. Every time I read about someone getting scammed out of 10s of thousands or 100s of thousands of $$ by a scammer I just can't comprehend the complete lack of perspective regarding the situation for a person to be taken like that. It's poor choices based purely on emotion.

In the game this kind of choice is based on greed. Free gold or other free ****. Many times it's trying to find a way to cheat the game - illegal bots, tricks to **** the game, etc. It's this that form the basis of my complete lack of sympathy for people in the game getting scammed.

As for those who give their stuff to others to try out if they are that foolish then a learning experience is what they need. These kind of experiences will help them make better choices in the future as the play the game.

Oh, and I had my fun scambaiting a Nigerian scammer. I posted the entire conversation on my faction's website. After 3 days of IMs I was ready to get married to someone who wanted a church wedding so I made arrangements with the reverend Charles Manson in the Sacred Mother's Church of Bovine Excrement. But Tragedy struck as I was on my way to Western Union to wire airfare money to my Canadian princess stuck in Nigeria. I was attacked by the evil Donkey Kong gang and ended up in the Lee Harvey Oswald Memorial Hospital under the care of Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, And Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Well you get where this went.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I have little sympathy for those who are scammed by the Nigerians either. Unfortunately people are naïve and just plain ignorant. Maybe it because they get so lost in a fantasy that common sense evaporates. Every time I read about someone getting scammed out of 10s of thousands or 100s of thousands of $$ by a scammer I just can't comprehend the complete lack of perspective regarding the situation for a person to be taken like that. It's poor choices based purely on emotion.

In the game this kind of choice is based on greed. Free gold or other free ****. Many times it's trying to find a way to cheat the game - illegal bots, tricks to **** the game, etc. It's this that form the basis of my complete lack of sympathy for people in the game getting scammed.

As for those who give their stuff to others to try out if they are that foolish then a learning experience is what they need. These kind of experiences will help them make better choices in the future as the play the game.

Oh, and I had my fun scambaiting a Nigerian scammer. I posted the entire conversation on my faction's website. After 3 days of IMs I was ready to get married to someone who wanted a church wedding so I made arrangements with the reverend Charles Manson in the Sacred Mother's Church of Bovine Excrement. But Tragedy struck as I was on my way to Western Union to wire airfare money to my Canadian princess stuck in Nigeria. I was attacked by the evil Donkey Kong gang and ended up in the Lee Harvey Oswald Memorial Hospital under the care of Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, And Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Well you get where this went.
    Yeah I pretty much agree with you.

Last time someone tried that scam and I was involved is when I was at a relative's house... with a friend who happened to be a cop. I played along just enough for said friend to get the guy busted because he was stupid enough to have called from a local area. That and greedy enough to go along with the bull I was feeding the moron to keep him on touch with me and give information about a "live meeting" at a local hotel.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    who is stupid enough to fall for any of that? i mean come on, if you been playing any game online you should know never to lend your gears or click on any link people post or site people give you or believe you will get anything free..

its just common sense
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1666601 <-same names behind this

you really cant just blame scam victims since PWI left open lot of chances to hackers and actually made them able to set up clever scams.

first when morai rollback happened, PWI delivered compensation trough e-mail and here you go hackers sending same mails but link directing to phishing website

now with arcgames bull**** website redirect, also arcgames free charm reward, hackers sent mails to redeem the code usin the very same content and layout but redirecting to phishing website,

hackers were not just takin away items from the unfortunate, they were opening friendlist and scamming all the friends that player got and that is the solid part of the scam,

cause the phishing scam can be limited to the single "uncareful" player,

but then when you get pmed by your years old friend asking you to test damage using your +12 nw ornaments, and you fall for it (and you do fall for it since there are players knowing each other in real life for years)

so if you get phished, yes i blame you but i also blame pwi for giving these opportunities to these "cancers"

if you get scammed by the "friendlist" part of the scam, you cant really be blamed

i believe most of the items scammed on morai are already sold, since the hacker has just coins and few items left on the black market, too bad his prices were kinda high and he couldnt get away with what he looted from the scam

i have his skype id if anyone's interested

WHAT PWI HAS TO DO IS, DO NOT IGNORE TICKETS, START REFUND ITEMS AND BAN THE HACKERS ACCOUNTS

i could enlist here at least 7 endgame players that lost gears worth thousands of euros of their cash, not counting someones that actually lost the whole account
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • PREIIST - Morai
    PREIIST - Morai Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you really cant just blame scam victims since PWI left open lot of chances to hackers and actually made them able to set up clever scams.

So what we got here ? Clever Scams , MAGNIFIKO hot you overcame yourself again!! if your *cleverness* is on that lvl then I am so proud of you!!!

A very interesting point DuckNine posted earlier,scammers from Egypt?Oh MAMA!!b:shocked
    PS: aren't your leader from Egypt and couple more ? That's make me wonder hmmmb:dirty

And if you cant read that's a disaster !! people got scammed after the red system message spammed in wc evry 1 hour not to go to that and this site ?

No you know to get scammed once is ok, but fool me once shame on you,and fool me TWICE shame on you too? Try to use the cooking Pans that you got on your shoulders, it might have some good ideas sometimes!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We have had similar happening here on RT but the way scammers do this is bit different. I am not sure whether or not this couple would be responsible of this but here comes my story:

During January and February there have been several scams or scam tries, mainly someone trying to steal other people's accounts. People targeted were mainly faction officers from well-known factions - not the biggest ones but not the less known either, there was both PVE and PVP oriented factions.

Scammer or scammers also did these fake toons and then they mimiced the original owner of the toon to get the informatioon from the person to **** thier account. For example my alt toon was mimiced and the scammer PMd my faction members on this fake toon for their info. Apparently no one understood it was not me bc the person had learned my mannerisms. Similar happened to the other factions.

I saw a random person sell some stolen items later on in world chat but core connect didnt have any info of them so I haven't been able to figure out who the scammer is.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... funny, how endgame people with "thousands of euros in gear" are so quick to relinquish control of that kind of investment, xHotx. "Let me try your gear" is something I wouldn't trust any faction folk with. Especially if it is top level gear. The few friends I do trust with it would need to ask me over Skype first.
    Suppose it's a reminder that binding your gear isn't a bad idea if you don't intend to ever trade it.

This isn't PWI's fault. This is ignorance on the part of those who trust too easily, or try to cheat the system. There is no "easy" button to get a free endlevel character. There are no Nigerian princes.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ThunderBow - Morai
    ThunderBow - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you guys finally caught them after everyone claiming i was the scamme, how funny
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you guys finally caught them after everyone claiming i was the scamme, how funny

Oh Christ not this **** again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2014

WHAT PWI HAS TO DO IS, DO NOT IGNORE TICKETS, START REFUND ITEMS AND BAN THE HACKERS ACCOUNTS

My friend lost his account full DoT +10/12 assassin back in 2012. I saved his gear by putting it in bank, thus breaking ToS. Guess what? Both mine and his char were banned, hacker wasn't.

And my friend lost his char after recovering because hacker set deleting process just before the ban and PWE didn't refund anything.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hello community.
    my server, morai, suffered from a huge wave of scam that almost hit every faction recently. items and chars worth many billions got stolen and abused for phishing/scam. many of our friends quit after being the victim of that crime.

the scamer/hacker appears very dumb ingame, but his actions prove that its just an act to earn your trust.

thanks to core connect we finally managed to discover who was responsible for all the scams.
    its a couple from egypt, which uses proxy server to still access PWI, even tho the region is banned (ironically for an excess of scaming coming from that country).
    according to pwi forum rules, i am not allowed to give you the names, but be sure that this couple has a lot of chars in almost every big faction.
    recently they became more greedy and less careful, which lead to the final bust.
    while investigating, we found out that the couple seems to be active on other servers aswell, thats why i started this thread now. BE AWARE! do not trust or trade anyone your items, DONT visit any link that promises free stuff.

their usual tactics:

-faking the names of officers of factions, then pming everyone thats online, trying to get them into smalltalk to eventually lure them to a phishing site, by claiming you get free stuff.

-once they got info to accounts that visited their site, they proceed the same tactic with the friendlist of the hijacked chars. we usually trust our friends, right? thats what they abuse.

- "hey, let me try your gear" is also very common. they will ask you to try on your tome, or your necklace. gone forever.

everyone be careful and feel free to share if similar stuff happened on your server.
    whoever wants to know the names of the couple, feel free to leave a forum msg or pm me ingame.

There are 3 people i trust in this game....Me, Myself & I, and even them i don't trust 100% b:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]