Forum Mod given items for in game

Comments

• Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In response to your question TZoner about who cares...well obviously this thread shows alot of people do care. Seems to me most people would would be fine with mods getting a gift but an unobtainable battle related item....that's not cool at all and I can see why people would have an issue with what the gift was.
  • DaSquirrel - Sanctuary
    DaSquirrel - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Jeez complain, complain, complain, I see no problem with this, mods get a reward = good imo, anyone that can put up with the B/S with some in this community deserves a medal b:pleased
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In response to your question TZoner about who cares...well obviously this thread shows alot of people do care. Seems to me most people would would be fine with mods getting a gift but an unobtainable battle related item....that's not cool at all and I can see why people would have an issue with what the gift was.

Ok while ur argument is valid my response was mostly sarcasm... there ARE better robes than that anyways TBH...and while it is an OP robe im sure he doesnt use it all the time. Regardless of what anyone says this still IS a QQ thread....so im sorry but i just question the need for this thread. Like i stated....QQing about it isnt going to change ANYTHING...just like all the other things people have complained about on forums they think arent fair are hardly even changed. Sure we have a CM now....but till he is more set and gotten comfortable here i doubt many things are gonna change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i wouldnt mind mods getting for their time and patience to put up with the random **** that the pwi comunity sometimes makes them deal with...free scroll of tome, deity stones...josd...whatever...give em , they deserve it. but a cape that no regular player can get cuz its locked for money reasons? thats bullshiat, doesnt matter if its op, up, pp or ****...and telling them to be discrete bout it is even bigger bullshiat and displays even more how pwi customers are being ripped off and being made fun of.. oh and dun give me the internet **** lingo..its not QQ its a COMPLAINT.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're not upset that mods got some form of compensation. That isn't the problem.

The point that every mod response in this thread has managed to sidestep is this:

You were given an item that is BiS for some builds (APS, anyone?) AND is completely unobtainable by normal players.

If it were just one or the other, there would not be nearly this much outrage. A cosmetic or fairly weak pretty-looking item that nobody can get? Fine. r9r3? Tbh, fine. It's the combination of the two that has most people upset.

That, and the fact that you were told to keep it quiet (as if that would work), which implies those giving it to you knew it would be received poorly by the community.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lilfuzzfuzz - Heavens Tear
    Lilfuzzfuzz - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Well... Where do I start with this?

First, thanks for everyone that isn't taking this in a completely wrong way (and aren't flat-out raging at us), we appreciate it.

Second, I think that the majority are taking this completely out of proportion. We moderators didn't come into this volunteer position wanting to get free items or anything, we came into this because of the past work/help that we've done on the forums, and wanted to be able to help more (and I think we've done a pretty good job of it).

That being said, I'll say that yes maybe it was handled in a wrong way by us, but at the same time take a very good look at yourselves, and at this thread.

Pick this apart anyway you want, we'll just continue doing what we do here on the forums.

The only issues I have with this is the fact that the cape is unobtainable by normal means, and that it was done "behind closed doors" with no public announcement on the forum about it.

I don't mind the fact that the mods got a item for doing their job on the forum. It should of just been an item anyone can obtain and publicly announced on the forum vs players having to figure it out on their own. The gift should of been a matchlesswings cape or a lunarglade trophie cape, or even a nirvana cape. I'm sure there are plenty of others who will have the same thoughts as this but I could be wrong. I don't mean any offence towards the mods or anyone, its just my opinions on it.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I would like to ask, since all of the responses seem to state that we're sidestepping the note of "we got something that nobody else can get/were told to "keep quiet about it" (which just isn't worded correctly, but whatever),

How much better would it have been for us to receive an "unattainable item" if it would have been publicly announced? Because to me it doesn't seem like it would have done that much (implying it would have, but people still would have said something about it) of a difference.

Just stating a question.
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol as if "keeping quiet bout it" wouild be the core of what ppl are upset about..the core of the issue is that yall got stuff that is locked away from normal players. the "keeping quiet bout it" is just the cherry on top of the cake.
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited March 2014

How much better would it have been for us to receive an "unattainable item" if it would have been publicly announced?

To answer your question, not much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously this has just become a "Rage cuz u have something i dont have" QQ thread. You are all saying the SAME THING. Im just saying you all made if clear you are unhappy....but nothing is gonna come of it so why is this thread still going. Like seriously you are basically just rehashing the same thing over and over. They got something that other players can get...boo hoo....they do stuff others players DONT DO....they devote time and patience to all the other threads of people QQing about other stuff...move on and grow up. Get over your QQ and hate about what they have that you dont....its not like its going to change the whole dynamics of the entire game if a few people have something special you cant get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You were given an item that is BiS for some builds (APS, anyone?) AND is completely unobtainable by normal players.

How much better would it have been for us to receive an "unattainable item" if it would have been publicly announced? Because to me it doesn't seem like it would have done that much (implying it would have, but people still would have said something about it) of a difference.

Just stating a question.

Personally I would had not complain about it if we had been announced by the CM/GM or mods about it.

For me it's the lack of communication and the ''secret'' side of it that I didn't like. Specially that Skai said you guys knew since a while (over a month) about it even if you didn't got it before this week (can you guys truly assure that since you know about it that no one have been told on forum or in game that you guys get nothing out of it? I doubt so) and letting that situation get randomly found by a player, in game, is lame, plus we learn on top of that that you guys had been strictly ask to don't tell us and that you did agree with it.

We shouldn't had learn that by a player, we should had learn it from a GM/CM or a mod.

So for me they could had give you 1000 event golds or a bamboo stick, I would had react the same way. (call me a rager idc)

Would people had react differently if it wasn't an unobtainable item? There would had been no reaction at all cause people would had not find about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let me start by saying. I dont care they received something.

But, with all that has happened in this game the past few months how was this reaction not expected?

The mods are no longer volunteers. The moment you accepted the "gift" you became paid. Volunteering means you donate your time and energy to help others and the only thing you should receive is a nice warm fuzzy feeling thinking you did something right. Go ahead tell people this is the first time. I bet there is a large majority that won't believe you now. You are now PAID by Perfect World.

Now this opens up something else. What were they given in the past? They say nothing, but they also said they were told not to say anything or to be careful when using it. What else did they receive with this cape? How can the community believe the GMs or the Mods? The mods have flat out said they were told to "lie" or "be careful when using it". Why? Because well they know what would happen, and that maybe it wasn't 100% fair to give them something that isnt obtainable for the rest of the players.

I have heard the rumors that have been stated here about the avatar card set (I hear he is a GMs brother), and the other gear. I took it as that just rumors. But now this makes me think that it is more then just a rumor.
    What the GMs and Mods (yes you too cause you admitted to trying to hide it) have done is lost what little trust the community had left. How can we trust you admitted in this thread that you were being dishonest?

Let me guess you will try and make it up to the community by giving us a code for Dream Chaser pack? Why not just send everyone in game the pack, seems you have no problems sending stuff out anyway. Avatar cards, unavailable capes, crowns, whats next? XP orbs that give you 105 instantly?
    NGTUy53.png

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously, where's my cape for being so dedicated to bringing my special brand of life to the forums? Cape please. Or +10 orbs. Or an S card set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to ask, since all of the responses seem to state that we're sidestepping the note of "we got something that nobody else can get/were told to "keep quiet about it" (which just isn't worded correctly, but whatever),

Just stating a question.

IF it were purely cosmetic and not some endgame thing, i'd be fine with it, good for you and god for PWI who'd finally be showing some clarity about their inner workings, instead of treating us as brainless moneybags.
    Seriously, where's my cape for being so dedicated to bringing my special brand of life to the forums? Cape please. Or +10 orbs. Or an S card set.

Wheres my S card set or endgame cloak for complaining and starting a poll for wanting INI edits then having it happen a few months later? Better yet can I have 105/105/105?
    foley3k wrote: »

I have heard the rumors that have been stated here about the avatar card set (I hear he is a GMs brother), and the other gear. I took it as that just rumors. But now this makes me think that it is more then just a rumor.

Ohh its not a rumor, there's nothing but truth that an archer got a full S card set.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foley3k wrote: »
    The mods are no longer volunteers. The moment you accepted the "gift" you became paid. Volunteering means you donate your time and energy to help others and the only thing you should receive is a nice warm fuzzy feeling thinking you did something right. Go ahead tell people this is the first time. I bet there is a large majority that won't believe you now. You are now PAID by Perfect World.

This is not entirely true. If they were to be in any way "paid" as you have so bluntly put it they;
    1. Have to reside in the state of California where the company is based.
    2. They would have to receive at least a minimum wage hourly pay, (this is a part-time wage) or whatever lowest-mid salary they offer.
    3. A salary is to be paid in US currency to those that reside in the USA. Not in pixel data.
    4. The above is also the law. b:laugh

Don't mistake a gift for such a thing as being paid. That's just overreacting on your part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • SanChan - Heavens Tear
    SanChan - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The whole problem isnt the item the mods received but the reason they had to keep quiet about it. If the GMs would have anounced a news with the item the mods get and why they get it, no one would complain. But the whole PW stuff tried to make a fool out of us and hoped noone would care. If they would make it official noone would doubt any GM or MODs for other advantages but seeing as it is now, im not sure if it is the only item they received since they have to "keep quiet" about it. And if I were a Mod / GM i would also naturally say : "Its the first time we got a gift"

For me its like that GMs / MODs have lost all the trust. b:bye
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just stating a question.

Kris, imho...

This is isn't directed at the Mods in any way shape or form. PWE in 2AS (that's year 2 After Spoons) has had a credibility problem. Over the years there have been a few GMs and a few CMs that were know to hide, dance around, and avoid the truth... heck call it as it is... lying. PWE has never regained the trust it once had and has shown itself to be less than honest on multiple occasions.

In my opinion, if the current CM would have made a sticky to announce a thank you for your service and even a title or unobtainable fashion or mount, this would have been great.

For many of us against what happened, it was the lying (or secret backroom dealing) that once again showed up, fresh out of the office of PWE. The company's dishonesty is a slap in the face to the player base and people are tired of the deception du jour.

Grats on your hard work and enjoy your laurels.

As for PWE, as before and as it always shall be...

PWE credibility has been removed due to server instability. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Kris, imho...

This is isn't directed at the Mods in any way shape or form. PWE in 2AS (that's year 2 After Spoons) has had a credibility problem. Over the years there have been a few GMs and a few CMs that were know to hide, dance around, and avoid the truth... heck call it as it is... lying. PWE has never regained the trust it once had and has shown itself to be less than honest on multiple occasions.

In my opinion, if the current CM would have made a sticky to announce a thank you for your service and even a title or unobtainable fashion or mount, this would have been great.

For many of us against what happened, it was the lying (or secret backroom dealing) that once again showed up, fresh out of the office of PWE. The company's dishonesty is a slap in the face to the player base and people are tired of the deception du jour.

Grats on your hard work and enjoy your laurels.

As for PWE, as before and as it always shall be...

PWE credibility has been removed due to server instability. b:surrender

I'll put my two cents in and I'm afraid I have to give this a big, fat +1.

But I'm also going to say this. Isn't sparkiesoft (CM) like a total newbie to the game still? He might not know just how badly this situation has been in recent years if they didn't bother to inform him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I guess I will be the one to do it.

To the MODs that received said robe as a reward for services, congratulations ! MODs do deserve something for what they put up with on the PWI forums. This thread is filled with examples in abundance. b:chuckle

Plenty of people have stuff in game that I consider "unobtainable". So perhaps it is justice that there is something that someone else has, that you can not buy... and thus, can not obtain. It is about time something happened to slap the spoiled brats with a taste of reality. You can not buy or have everything. Cope. The rest of us do so in real life and in game. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This thread is getting crazy stupid. QQing because someone got something others won't get. Life is like that. To all you QQers here nobody owes you anything. As far as I'm concerned your compensation is that you get to play the game. Actually, it's a privilege. So what if those who volunteer their time and energy into helping regulate a PWI related activity outside of the game is given some sort of compensation by the GMs as a gesture of goodwill. I'm surprised the mods don't get more considering the non-stop **** that is spewed in the forums.

I see no reason why the mods need to continue feeding these trolls by trying to defend what was gifted to them by PWI staff as a gesture of goodwill. To continue this isn't going to benefit anyone in or out of the game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to ask, since all of the responses seem to state that we're sidestepping the note of "we got something that nobody else can get/were told to "keep quiet about it" (which just isn't worded correctly, but whatever)
    The point that every mod response in this thread has managed to sidestep is this:

Point remains sidestepped.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The point is principle.
    Because real money is involved in this game, it tends to get very serious.
    If the controlling body is corrupted or cannot be trusted what is the point of playing this game any further?
    My main concern is for the future, who's to say this won't happen again? Or worse case more frequently and with greater gifts? Now wild accusation which people dismissed are now questioned. Causing more rumors and more distrust, and hence more QQ.

Frankly I am shocked by the lack of forethought.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LOL. This is simply a case of the current administration pissing on the word of the previous administration (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=889502). As I recall... during the mod selection process a few points (not going to call them rules) were posted.

A few final things to keep in mind before you apply:

1. Moderating is a strictly voluntary, unpaid position.

2. Mods receive no perks aside from a direct line to PWE Staff.

3. Moderating is a fairly thankless job; if you're doing it to be loved, you're in for a rude awakening.

3. There are technically no post quotas, but we would like you to be relatively active on the boards.

4. The player ultimately chosen as Mod will first have a test run (maybe 2-3 weeks) where they might just have to take care of a sub-forum first, just to make sure they're up to the task.

Point 1 and 2 is pretty much out of the picture. Personally... there weren't a gm/cm that i liked... so **** away. For those of us who can afford r9 and orbs... the mods will just die the same. Unless of course some of the mods suddenly shows up with +20 vit or +3 def level stones... and +13 orbs.

PS. Better take a look at frankieraye's post before it gets deleted.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So from what i understand the Gms wanted to give a gift to the Mods, the Mods asked for this gift in particular, and the GMs agreed.

Really what you do not realize is this is the best OFFENSIVE cape in the game for anyone who can use the interval. Even for a barbarian that interval would make a pretty big difference. Say on world bosses, tiger event, COA, Primal world boss, etc. Skai is going to have an artificial and unfair advantage.

My main issue is this sets a bad precedent, devalues everything ppl work for in game, and shows a disconnect from the perspective of the GM's to allow this. To steal a phrase from another game, stay with "ethical micro transactions" Mounts, fashion, asthetic things.

Last there was a screenshot of a 100/100 genie on harshlands, but i certainly don't remember any sort of competition to give a perfect genie out.

If a member of your faction got this cape you would not say one word in forums now sit down Boy.

As for the Cape as it was said is not game breaking grow up other capes are much better. No one is forcing you to play this unbalanced game Move on if you dont like it easy as thatb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If a member of your faction got this cape you would not say one word in forums now sit down Boy.

As for the Cape as it was said is not game breaking grow up other capes are much better. No one is forcing you to play this unbalanced game Move on if you dont like it easy as thatb:bye

This may come as a surprise to you, but some of us speaking up are within guilds with people who received gifts.

Just because we know the person, talk to them regularly and consider them alright in our books doesn't mean we can't criticize or disagree with this practice.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This may come as a surprise to you, but some of us speaking up are within guilds with people who received gifts.

Just because we know the person, talk to them regularly and consider them alright in our books doesn't mean we can't criticize or disagree with this practice.

Practice isn't what I would call this, it was a one-off event that a handful of mods got.

@Thread: The cape is OP, but it's not >that< OP.... You know what's OP? R9rr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Practice isn't what I would call this, it was a one-off event that a handful of mods got.

He wasn't speaking about that, but about players (not mods) that receive free items from the GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If this cape was given to mods for doing "such a great job" shouldn't people like Asterelle and Sylen be getting gifts too? Last I checked they do more good, not hating mods at all, just stating facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Always the same issue : too much attention to what others have. Mods got something, nice for them. I don't see why it should have been announced or why all those "GM gifts" have to be digged up. Jealousy is a nasty feature. I don't see why GMs would have to justify every "free" item, whether it's this mods gift or issue solving.
  • cryara
    cryara Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So what we have?
    We have MODs who were given free gears not obtainable in-game for their free services.
    They are still claiming themselves usual players who do events, tws, nws, etc.
    We lost any trust in GMs and PWI management a while ago. There is still no response from GMs on this matter btw.
    Now we don't have any trust in MODs as well. Honestly, that looks like being PWI *******.
    No more respect for you.
    Skai was making videos ppl were watching and learning. They felt motivated by those to get the same gears/skills to try it out themselves. Not anymore. Cause it is unobtainable.
    Now you MODs, were the reason of flaming, naming and shaming. And such reaction has all the rights to exist. You broke the community even more.
    It's dissappointing.
    Thanks for perfect job as usual.
This discussion has been closed.