Forum Mod given items for in game

Comments

• D/
kSoul - Dreamweaver
    D/ kSoul - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are people here without the title of MOD that really help alot. They go into detail and provide their time to help others. Some do a better job then the MOD.
    Just regulars on these threads, do way more.

It's odd when some of these MODS claim to be regular and just a player, the minute they are told to hush hush, they are just like most others they have a snide comment for ,of them being greedy.

Why didn't one of you MODS speak up about this ****? If you aren't paid to do this 'job' what would you have lost?

Did any of you MODS speak up about the ones without a title how much they help? Keeping the forum going? Keeping things running here for other people to get information?

Doubt it.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [QUOTE=D/
    kSoul - Dreamweaver;21306361]There are people here without the title of MOD that really help alot. They go into detail and provide their time to help others. Some do a better job then the MOD.
    Just regulars on these threads, do way more.

It's odd when some of these MODS claim to be regular and just a player, the minute they are told to hush hush, they are just like most others they have a snide comment for ,of them being greedy.

Why didn't one of you MODS speak up about this ****? If you aren't paid to do this 'job' what would you have lost?

Did any of you MODS speak up about the ones without a title how much they help? Keeping the forum going? Keeping things running here for other people to get information?

Doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where's my Cape of Resident Trolling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    We also never asked for the gift package, but because it was their way of showing appreciation, we were, as Venus stated, floored by their generosity.

And to clarify what Venus said, we weren't ordered to "keep it a secret and not disclose it to the general public," we were told to just play normally, but to be careful of who sees it because it's unobtainable in the game currently. That sentence was taken with a lot of negativity here, and I can see why, but I wanted to clarify that.

Also you are welcome for the clarifications everyone, but as Venus said as well in her post, this was the first time any of this ever happened, so they wanted to see how it will work out.

key word being "currently"? Perhaps it never will be unobtainable, but that doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

as to my opinion about all of what ya'll said, I'm going to keep my mouth shut on that. last time I gave my humble opinion, I got ******* at.
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We also never asked for the gift package,

Package implies more that one item. Wonders what else unobtainable was given they haven't been caught wearing or using yet. b:shocked
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The problem I do have is they don't even bother to honor the people that actually pay their wages but they pat everyone on the back that finds every way to exploit the game.

Ha, I read that wrong.

Agreed on the first part, why are some random mods who do a little bit of house-cleaning here and there on a forum filled with naysayers given one of the best capes in the game?

I call BS.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cool cape.

Flamers are haters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Chill guys. So the MODs got gifts for their work, who cares? Just because a player gets a gift for volunteering their own time to manage the forums doesn't mean its the end of the world. If I'm right (and correct me if I'm wrong) it probably takes a lot of control and patience to tolerate some people on the forums and not get paid for it.

Ok, so they got something that can't be obtained in the game, so what? The GM's characters have gear that players can't obtain either. In my opinion having a player with a unique piece of gear or even a unique pet/mount/fashion is pretty neat. It wouldn't even matter if I had gotten it or not.

This can be seen as an earned achievement if nothing else, even if it was not intentional and instead a pleasant surprise. It's only too bad that there is nothing in PWI that the players can see as a well hard-earned achievement. That died out long ago when the game became too easy to play.

I like how some other games that I have seen would hold events that would give out unique prizes and you would never see anything like it ever again. I believe PWI did that at one point before I joined, but not anymore. The prizes were not even unique anymore because it all ended up being released again in later years. As a result, we have all gotten use to getting the same, stupid, stuff in PWI that its hard to see past this.

Other players do contribute much to the forums too, they are well know yes, but they never expect anything from it in return because they are also doing this in their own free time. Do I think they deserve something, of course I do, but normally in cases like forum contributing you could receive a badge/unique title with all the shiny tid bits and fancy image displays ect. (I'm not counting our player titles we already have) Unfortunately the forums can be as buggy as the game, so I don't see that happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guess you guys forget this game dont belong to you. If the GMs wanted to give all the mods a -D:- sword as a gift... its their right to do so.
    re
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On one side i have to say grats to the mods, they got a nice cape b:chuckle looks pretty nifty but i think it exposes their identity!

On the other side, as a poster, id think its better not to explain too much because honestly yes,

it does seem like a bunch of excuses when your trying to justify a gift from PWI, as rare or generous it may be, its still an item that is unobtainable by anyone ingame, given freely, and you do have to admit there has been past mods that have been skipped over. Not to mention other members of the forum that have put in AS much help in the community.

Remember, one of the reasons mods are mods are cause they can put themselves in the common players' shoes, and be the bridge. Thus why i say the above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    b:pleased I have no issues with the mods getting a gift like the cape from PWI for their work here. I would also not have any issues with PWI giving gifts to some of the people here on the forums who also do a lot of good work.

I would not call a one time gift as being "pay" for the job the mods do. I'd suggest that PWI institute a program of rewarding the various folks for their work here in improving the game for others. I'd suggest making it regular thing. Such might stop some of the complaining, trolling and crying if that keep said person from being eligible for such a gift.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    only -3 chan... such fail cape b:byeb:chuckle

the cape is not really that big a deal... just how inconsistent PWE is, or consistent at making clearly not that great decision (just kidding it is a great idea to give away powerful items that cannot otherwise be obtained to a select few players, even if they are perhaps the most deserving players... yea...)

Im a bit surprised that mods even wore/used the cape. After all these years on PWI forum should have been (or perhaps are) fully prepared for the "community reply."

Grats
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this example remembers only what we saw in past time.
    it doesn't matter any more if pwi gift unique items, +10 orbs, gm gears or what ever.

pwi gave all paying users a clear message: you stupid fools stop giving us your hard earned money. b:angry didn't you know this game is just a unbalanced, unfair BS?

yes ty pwi, i got your information and i stopped wasting my cash for nothing. a bit too late, but i didb:bye
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, where's my Cape of Resident Trolling?

And my Cape of Necromancer??? I have my eyes on a few good ones out there. b:sin
    Actually no, it wasn't 100% a mod choice. We did give them the entire runthrough that it was not obtainable in the game currently, because of the reasons that were repeatedly stated in this thread thus far.

They discussed this for over a month before they came to a consensus.

Was it discussed at a team meeting?

Or during a team building?

In either case it only further demonstrates PWE's decision making abilities.
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    noooo...

nooo...

nononoonon

no.

Mods and Gms of PW are ANGELS

what you try peopleb:bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely ridiculous is all I have to say. No wonder people have no faith in this company and are leaving in droves.

Btw, there are at least two people I have seen on lost city that have R9 third cast gear with no ink or maker on the gear. Care to explain that while we're at this? Because they definitely appeared out of nowhere recently too.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely ridiculous is all I have to say. No wonder people have no faith in this company and are leaving in droves.

Btw, there are at least two people I have seen on lost city that have R9 third cast gear with no ink or maker on the gear. Care to explain that while we're at this? Because they definitely appeared out of nowhere recently too.

if someone was "****" /had their gear npcd that could happen, not saying its the case, but on HT thats generally been the reason

but this...this is bs, hands down best aps cape in game, one that we were told at one point well never get is now given out to the mods...just complete fail

i would have sucked a gms **** for a few months too for it, ijs offer stands b:cute
    edited March 2014
    Fear not, my fellow PerfectWorldians we might get the cookie cutter compensation package of an expired hyper stone code, enjoy.
    edited March 2014
    mayral wrote: »
    noooo...

nooo...

nononoonon

no.

Mods and Gms of PW are ANGELS

what you try peopleb:bye

I just want to hug and cuddle this post for being so cute...

I +1 this.

Sometimes PWE will restore NPC'd gears. This is especially true for R9.
    QQ

Who cares..? There are like 5 Mods and (as far as I know, only Skai on RT) barely play the game anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    I just want to hug and cuddle this post for being so cute...

I +1 this.

Oh good gawd Lolgasmic has made two nice post within a weeks time.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

/runs4cover
    edited March 2014
    Oh good gawd Lolgasmic has made two nice post within a weeks time.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

/runs4cover

Hello, my name is nuts.

Because I'm a mix bag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akira_Green - Harshlands
    Akira_Green - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lol @ these comments.

I do appreciate everything that the mods do for us and grats on your ****-tastic cape! (Excellent for PVE i suppose though).
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know, I was wondering about something when the whole 10+ orb fiasco happened...

I was one of the lucky people to get the orbs and I always wondered if I would have been as upset as those that didn't receive it. Now that this happened, I'm glad to discover that I can't give a damn if the mods got something I will never have.

The mods are doing an exceptional job by putting up with all the **** the community throws onto the forum on a daily basis. It was time that they got rewarded for it.

Sure, the management could have gone with this in a MUCH BETTER way, like giving a cape that was actually obtainable or at least telling the community, but meh... we should be used by this kind of stuff by now.

(and now to wait for the hatred I will get for this post)
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Sure, the management could have gone with this in a MUCH BETTER way, like giving a cape that was actually obtainable or at least telling the community, but meh... we should be used by this kind of stuff by now.

This

They could, but they didn't

nuff said
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Didn't he just confirm the 'misconceptions' were true?

I think a gift is warranted and that the item in question isn't quite 'game breaking', but I don't think it's a good idea in general to gift unobtainable gear. There are a lot of players that put a great deal of effort into totally maxing out their character. Now to actually actually accomplish that you're expected to be a forum mod?

Previous unique contest awards were limited to unreleased fashion, mounts, and pets. In the future I think it would be wise for PWE to stick to those.

This is not fully true. A couple years back if you remember there was a contest where the grand prize was a 100/100 genie, which from what i know is pretty game breaking.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Congrats on the cape! I for one have no issue with mods getting items, especially over the past several months of being the go between while there was no CM available. Most mods went above and beyond during that time, so kudos to the mods.

Ironically in regards to this thread, funny the goon glitcher that complains. Everyone on RT knows the truth.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The threads that were closed in the past were for flaming, naming and shaming, things like that. This thread has nothing to do with that rumor, and atm we aren't closing it.

Are u joking right?when u say that nuema portal is a rumor..
    Or Gms told u guys kinda same stufs like they did when they give u cape?:If anyone say anything about ******(not saying name so u dont say again about that) and his Nuema Portal set she got close thread/throw it away do anything..
    And yeah u are vry vry funny saying that is just a rumor....
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    somewhere round loshons post someone pointed out that skai wrote a PACKAGE. wat else did the mods get? also, in a game of count the trolls(aka pwi) did they srsly expect this not to be seen?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In the end, whether it's an event cape or full portal set, you can't blame people for accepting gifts. They've earned their favoritism from GMs one way or another (even if it's just being RL friends), and they're just lucky that the GMs are generous beyond what the rest of the community feels is necessary.

I feel bad for Harshlands people. Everyone seems unsatisfied with Neuma Portal set running around your server, but can't say anything about it.

If you guys want to have a discussion or ask questions about the Neuma Portal set, maybe you guys should make a polite topic which catalogs which players on which servers has the Full Neuma Portal set. Similar to this thread cataloging Rank 9s back in the day.

(Didn't read most of this thread-- only first page, hopefully haven't repeat anyone)
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think some people in this thread quite "get it."

If you're saying "the mods totally deserve this," I don't think half of us are even ASKING ourselves whether the mods deserve this or not, but rather we're concerned that lately, there seems to be a rather liberal attitude towards gift giving and from experience, NOBODY seems happy about it.

And as these gifts are given out, all the community gets is dishonesty (from GMs) and encouragement to be hush-hush about the elephant in the room that some players are receiving rather substantial rewards.

Hell, just two pages back, someone saw skai say gift PACKAGE and now some of us are speculating if they didn't receive more. That right there helps to highlight exactly the problem going on here: trust between the GMs and the community is shattered because we have evidence, more than twice now, that they both are capable of helping out one player over another and that they may not truly grasp the full effect of the gift in question as they give out things that are simply unrealistic or impossible when it comes to a normal player obtaining them. And ALREADY, after a mod has come forward with honesty, some are questioning if there isn't more to it. That attitude of "what ELSE is there" will continue as long as trust in the GMs is shattered.

Let me put it this way:

If this policy of gift giving is continued, even IF some players naively gain respect for PWI for being nice to mods, just as many people will lose respect because bias is showing. Bias that leads to certain players getting helpful items that are literally impossible to get normally.

If this policy of gift giving ended and gifts became forbidden as per policy, do you think ANYONE would complain...? I promise you that even now, there's at least one mod that feels guilty for receiving the gift and wishes they never got it. Gift giving doesn't make the community as a whole happier, no matter how you look at it. Many people in this game strive to be the very best just like god damn Ash ketchum himself, and while you may be of the very valid opinion that such people need to calm their egos and accept not always being number one, they also have every right to be upset when many of them cash shop hard or no-life this game hard under the very PREMISE that they think they'll have a shot at being number one that way, and then they find out all their cash spent or hours spent grinding is based upon a lie. And from a pragmatic business perspective, even if you think those that strive to be number one are ego-ridden children, those ego-ridden children make up a part of the community, and they get frustrated and leave when their hopes are shattered and thus every market and community shrinks, both because they left and because the remainder of us have less people to interact with and we get frustrated about that and quit.

And about coming clean? Read this damned thread. I don't need to say what's true and what's not, the fact is the truth has been stated in this thread. The mentality of expecting people to forget about it and keep quiet about it is absurd. Even if you manage to censor it out of general chat or forums, the reality of the situation is that people do discuss it and people do know about it. It's the elephant in the room. You won't accomplish anything by trying to deny it.

Best way to move forward from this is to come clean about EVERYTHING that's been given out, EVERY instance of privilege and then adopt a change in policy and attitude where gift giving for any reason is off limits.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its shiet cape .

meh
This discussion has been closed.