Forum Mod given items for in game

Man - Raging Tide
Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Chronicles
http://imgur.com/sn9DPWk

This is preferential treatment, i am jelly and call BS!

If this mod is gonna play game he should be on a level playing field, especially if he tw's etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Man - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was thinking he is r9rr not g16
    But even so, robe doesnt have crafter name o.o means made by GM
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i am calling BS on the removal of
    TM 69
    TM 79
    TM FC
    ability to get supreme robes (lvl 150)
    ability to get ALL rewards from TM medals (lvl 150)

and i am also jelly because i am stuck with my farmed (hence no crafter name) lunar tm robe. b:quiet
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    As far as i know this robe is unobtainable from any in game means, Frost Cover was changed before the server of raging tide opened, and trophy mode for it never existed here.

The level requirement to turn in quest has been lvl 150 for the last 3 years

http://www.pwdatabase.com/ms/items/21422 Item in database

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/15779 lvl 150 requirement quest, + requiring frost cover trophy mode robes.

This cape is very strong, the only other interval cape you can shard g13 (Jades or Diety) is http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/27711 which pales in comparison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can has cape?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I thought MODs didn't receive any compensation from PWI.

I thought through all the BS PWI/PWE vomits out to its player base the MODs were the last line of integrity.

I thought wrong.

One last question...Where do I sign up to "volunteer" at being a MOD?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow...

Well to be honest I'm not surprise. I heard some GMs are in trouble cause they gave free stuff in game to some players, that could be one of them.

Though it's the first time I see a GM give an item that cannot be obtainable in our version. Did he though people wouldn't notice?

GG

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they do the same on morai..example:

a guy got a lvl 104 char of his choice for free on the old lothranis-server. with full r9 gear, orbs and citrine shards in his inventory.
    there was only 1 lvl 104 psy on the server back then, suddenly this new psy appeared and had no craftername on his armor (pre-ink times)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited March 2014
    I wonder how fast mods will delete that thread. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014

hope they wont ban ppl to silent :/
    edited March 2014

I was wondering that too.

Of course the link will be removed for naming and shaming. But if the Raging Tide readers look to the "sky" they might find some inspiration about who man is referring to.

f:grin
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I only have 1 word for this: Rediculous.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they do the same on morai..example:

a guy got a lvl 104 char of his choice for free on the old lothranis-server. with full r9 gear, orbs and citrine shards in his inventory.
    there was only 1 lvl 104 psy on the server back then, suddenly this new psy appeared and had no craftername on his armor (pre-ink times)

I can confirm this. I've seen that guy since the first time he appeared. Noticed he tries to hide his identity (even inked all of his nameless gear when they came out just to try and hide the lack of crafter name, even though Inks themselves could remove it) and always tries to avoid such questions.

The robe from that screenie cannot be obtained, at least in our version. I'm actually curious how that guy got it now.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    I can confirm this. I've seen that guy since the first time he appeared. Noticed he tries to hide his identity (even inked all of his nameless gear when they came out just to try and hide the lack of crafter name, even though Inks themselves could remove it) and always tries to avoid such questions.

The robe from that screenie cannot be obtained, at least in our version. I'm actually curious how that guy got it now.

Maybe he had b-day or just a good work present from GM
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well that's some bs, i mean I'd get it if it was an item that he messed up and sold by accident but seriously? that's an item that no one can get.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Obviously the only fix to this is to compensate everyone with the same cape now.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited March 2014
    Obviously the only fix to this is to compensate everyone with the same cape now.b:cute

^ That, please send everyone that cape in a mail. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I...don't really see what's the big deal about this. It's not like that cape is game breaking, is it?

I would say it's unfair if Skai hadn't done anything and just got it out of the blue from a GM but if it really is true that Mods get something for volunteering well..what's the problem? There's so much BS on these forums they have to deal with, they deserve something.

It's not like he got full nuema portal War Avatar set and can go 1shot everything around or something alike..just saying.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I...don't really see what's the big deal about this. It's not like that cape is game breaking, is it?

I would say it's unfair if Skai hadn't done anything and just got it out of the blue from a GM but if it really is true that Mods get something for volunteering well..what's the problem? There's so much BS on these forums they have to deal with, they deserve something.

It's not like he got full nuema portal War Avatar set and can go 1shot everything around or something alike..just saying.

Still, free is free, I see no reason why smb. has to be treated better than the rest, and that cape is insane if you compare to the lunar 1, I`d like to get some response from Sparky about this.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Still, free is free, I see no reason why smb. has to be treated better than the rest, and that cape is insane if you compare to the lunar 1, I`d like to get some response from Sparky about this.

Already gave a reason, which is what I believe after observing the forums for so long.

Well, you can go ahead and ask for a Mod position then f:laugh
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It must be the same GM that gave someone from harshlands a nuema portal set to someone.

I'm so glad I don't play in harshlands
    edited March 2014

The problem is when any thread is opened about MODs getting any compensation for being a MOD they and just about everyone else squash the thread.

"MODs don't get paid by PWI."
    "MODs don't receive any compensation."
    "Every MOD on these forums volunteer their time to maintain these forums."

This image clearly suggests otherwise.
    edited March 2014
    The problem is when any thread is opened about MODs getting any compensation for being a MOD they and just about everyone else squash the thread.

This, and also the fact that mods keep saying "we are just players as well".
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014

Maybe, but it's not proof that every Mod gets treated like that and seeing as there are some random players that got goodies as per what other posters said, I feel like it's more of a GM picking the players rather than being a "being Mod means you get goodies" despite my joke in the earlier post.
    edited March 2014
    Maybe, but it's not proof that every Mod gets treated like that and seeing as there are some random players that got goodies as per what other posters said, I feel like it's more of a GM picking the players rather than being a "being Mod means you get goodies" despite my joke in the earlier post.

As a mod, with what they keep posting here about not getting anything and they are just players as well, Skai should've made a good example and rejected it, clearly that's not the case.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    It must be the same GM that gave someone from harshlands a nuema portal set to someone.

I'm so glad I don't play in harshlands

If someone wants to pay PWI set price for something that is obtainable, 100,000 usd, 50,000 usd I won't argue. Its their money etc. Yet if pwi wants to give mods or show favoritism and give armor that is not obtainable for anyone else, any other way that is bs.

Do Gm's tw with us? Do they run around with their gm cape and compete? Should they be able too? Hands down this is the best interval cape.

OPKOSSY have you requested your helm of madness already?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OP cape or not. It sucks.
    edited March 2014

It's not about if they deserve to be pay or not, it's about that mods, ALL mods claimed MANY times (and still does) that they get NOTHING out of it, that they are NORMAL players like you and me. (where's my cape??)

Mods just lost all credibility of ''We are not paid and we are normal players'', if Skai have that cape it's cause he ask it, trust me, a GM wouldn't randomly send a non-existing item to someone and even if a GM randomly decided to reward a mod and send him an item the mod should have not accept it and should have report it.

I would have nothing against PWI deciding to pay the mods with in game items, but if they do they should make it public, so mods stop mouthing that none of them get privileges out of it.

As Man said I don't care if they give a crown of madness to someone that did spent 50 000$ on the game, but after all the ''We (mods) are normal players, we get NOTHING for that'' that's disgusting that a mod have accept that.

Have you seen the cape stats to say it's not game breaking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Contest reward maybe?

I mean, I remember when I had one of 6 bulbfish in the game. They didn't exist otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Contest reward maybe?

I mean, I remember when I had one of 6 bulbfish in the game. They didn't exist otherwise.

Secret contest that no one heard about? Seems legit.

You should apply to become mod Sylen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.