Free Blessings

Comments

• boxlover123
    boxlover123 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Last edit: After all that, I have a good idea for you, make the Jones' Blessing not a timed item and make it account stashable and just send one to each account. It took almost three quarters of an hour to send all those Jones' Blessings.

Thanks for the effort, but WTF its not stashable?
    way to go to make us want the "old" jones/o'malleys blessing back
    the people with the workaround will continue until its really not working anymore, including me

one more thing, we will ALL fill our mailboxes with the blessing as much as we can, thats a fact
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the effort, but WTF its not stashable?
    way to go to make us want the "old" jones/o'malleys blessing back
    the people with the workaround will continue until its really not working anymore, including me

one more thing, we will ALL fill our mailboxes with the blessing as much as we can, thats a fact

It IS stashable, it is just like the... it IS the same blessing.

I was just saying they could give us all a permanant one that could be switched from character to character. I mean, they have to have some way to inconvenience us, right? The whole purpose behind making us log into Facebook was so that they could use us all to advertise for them for free which, in reality is major inconvenience to their players for doing something for them for free they would otherwise have to shell out huge amounts of money to do. This way they could still be a thorn in our sides and we can still get what we have become accustomed to.

I mean really, if they are going to be giving us the Jone's Blessing here then they are not getting their free advertisement on Facebook anymore thus, the only thing they have left to do is to inconvenience us for no reason. So....

They could make one without a timer, but only give one to the player base, but still make it account stashable so that we have to go to the banker and change it over everytime we switch characters. An unintended consequence would be that some folks would have to buy an account stash stone... See there, win/win/win scenario, everyone gets what they want this way, PWI makes a ton more money, we get our bless box and PWI gets to inconvenience us some more...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    and greedier and greedier...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unless there is a new item the blessings can be account stashed which it says it cannot on the page.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cuz i didnt see any1 say it. ARC cannot be closed down while a client runs. that being said... what is yalls problem with arc. FREE gifts for using it,cool features, forum access,news access. and thats just the stuff ive checked out so far. if i could ever get some friendsb:cry id see how that chat thing works
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cuz i didnt see any1 say it. ARC cannot be closed down while a client runs. that being said... what is yalls problem with arc. FREE gifts for using it,cool features, forum access,news access. and thats just the stuff ive checked out so far. if i could ever get some friendsb:cry id see how that chat thing works

you can, however, close down arc if u didn't start ur game client w/ arc..just a heads up. I only use arc to redeem the codes and stuff..otherwise I just log in the game the way I used to. Arc seems to me to b a function like steam is ...if u have a steam account u know what I'm talking about.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    **** this.
    I refuse to touch Arc, the work around is fine for me.

The day they take away the old site for real and remove any way of getting blessings and DQ and whatever else via the old site... I will legitimately quit, And I will not be the only one.

What PWI doesn't understand is the game isn't big enough for them to **** around like this, they should be working on pleasing the community instead of ****ing it over and not listing to anything we say.
    Arc is just the nails in the coffin for this game... the coffin though is made of PWIs greed and lack of ability to communicate, listen and come up with anything but bull****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    **** this.
    I refuse to touch Arc, the work around is fine for me.

The day they take away the old site for real and remove any way of getting blessings and DQ and whatever else via the old site... I will legitimately quit, And I will not be the only one.

What PWI doesn't understand is the game isn't big enough for them to **** around like this, they should be working on pleasing the community instead of ****ing it over and not listing to anything we say.
    Arc is just the nails in the coffin for this game... the coffin though is made of PWIs greed and lack of ability to communicate, listen and come up with anything but bull****.

Yet another Arc overreaction post. It's really not the end of the world. Companies make a client like Arc at some point all the time.

It's like you're basically saying; "No, PWE. You can't update your website to reflect your business plan for this year. You're not allowed to change anything. Keep the old site."
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Yet another Arc overreaction post. It's really not the end of the world. Companies make a client like Arc at some point all the time.

It's like you're basically saying; "No, PWE. You can't update your sight to reflect your business plan for this year. You're not allowed to change anything. Keep the old site."

I am far from "over reacting" It's not about the site, like I care if they change the website? What it is about though is the Arc Program A client and a program that is just one royal **** up. It's buggy, glitchy, slow and a massive waste of space.

Should I list a heap of threads where people have downloaded it and then come across massive problems? The client is still a Beta, none of us are here for them to try their incomplete and problematic bs on. We're here for PWI, the game. Not to have some try-hard semi-complete **** that knowing PWI will always be one big trashcan of incomplete and glitchy tested on us. We have enough of that in game without it leaking into our computers through Arc.

They should fix the current problems within the game before creating more of them through Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I am far from "over reacting" It's not about the site, like I care if they change the website? What it is about though is the Arc Program A client and a program that is just one royal **** up. It's buggy, glitchy, slow and a massive waste of space.

Should I list a heap of threads where people have downloaded it and then come across massive problems? The client is still a Beta, none of us are here for them to try their incomplete and problematic bs on. We're here for PWI, the game. Not to have some try-hard semi-complete **** that knowing PWI will always be one big trashcan of incomplete and glitchy tested on us. We have enough of that in game without it leaking into our computers through Arc.

They should fix the current problems within the game before creating more of them through Arc.

Really? Because "The day they take away the old site for real and remove any way of getting blessings and DQ and whatever else via the old site... I will legitimately quit, And I will not be the only one." sounds like you care that they're changing the website.

As far as what my client says, and what was announced in an Email I got today, arc is now officially "live." Which I believe takes away it's "BETA" tag. People used to whine and complain that we needed a new code redeem page because the other one glitches out too easily, they give us a new way to redeem codes off the website and people STILL complain? Like seriously? You talk as though you have to have Arc open to play the damn game. It's simple. Install it; open to redeem codes and close it down again. It's not that big of a deal. Buggy glitchy and slow? I don't know when you used Arc last, but for many people it's fine. From the screenshots I'm seeing of people's Arcs, not many have updated to the newest model. Maybe that's some of the reason for the glitchiness?

The Arc team does not equal the development team for the game. They are two separate entities working on two separate programs. The bugs and glitches of PWI are of no concern to the Arc team. It's the concern of China.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Really? Because "The day they take away the old site for real and remove any way of getting blessings and DQ and whatever else via the old site... I will legitimately quit, And I will not be the only one." sounds like you care that they're changing the website.

As far as what my client says, and what was announced in an Email I got today, arc is now officially "live." Which I believe takes away it's "BETA" tag. People used to whine and complain that we needed a new code redeem page because the other one glitches out too easily, they give us a new way to redeem codes off the website and people STILL complain? Like seriously? You talk as though you have to have Arc open to play the damn game. It's simple. Install it; open to redeem codes and close it down again. It's not that big of a deal. Buggy glitchy and slow? I don't know when you used Arc last, but for many people it's fine. From the screenshots I'm seeing of people's Arcs, not many have updated to the newest model. Maybe that's some of the reason for the glitchiness?

The Arc team does not equal the development team for the game. They are two separate entities working on two separate programs. The bugs and glitches of PWI are of no concern to the Arc team. It's the concern of China.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi
    ^Top left hand corner "Beta"

It's not the website, it's the pages, why could they not just move the redeem pages to this 'new Arc website'? All they had to do to fix the bugs with redeeming things is to rework the pages, but they never did anything.
    Arc is designed to play the game through, meaning that yes. it's slow, glitchy and full of bugs. And it's only use is to do what the old website used to?
    What is the point of it then?
    PWI and PWC are completely different entities, PW the original game was bought off PWC so many years ago and they have full control over what they release and what they do to the game as far as I know.
    Or we'd have every single update as China does, but we don't even get close to half the content of China.
    The Arc team. The Arc team is un-needed, why bother creating something new when what you already have is so problematic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hugmachine
    hugmachine Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Eh. It's really not all that bad. I mean, you only have to open it to redeem the codes then you can just close it down...

This is true, also a shortcut to the patcher.exe still works to open PW.
    But you do need to use arc to update so whether we like it or not we are stuck with ARC for now.b:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    f:despise Like you even need them, besides I wanna know when the **** ARC becomes mandatory so I can start packing my bags...

Start packing right now. Seriously.
    ******MIT I CANT DO THIS FROM WORK PC b:angry no arc here

But you may figure out how to use remote desktop to access your home PC and do whatever
    I kinda wanted that there were no blessing like those at all. I hated the facebook connect thing but used it anyway but forcing to use arc is getting too much. I think it is time to move on b:bye

I would rather have 1000 Arc programs running at the same time than be forced to use facebook.
    Sorry Sparkie, but you really should remove that "everyone" from the title, since it's not really accurate.
    Thanks though, I'll just get my 1 every day til the work around gets unworked around b:laugh

The work around won't last long. The page will eventually die then what? You gonna rage quit too?

I closed it down after I installed and redeemed some codes. What the hell are you talking about?

I don't see what the issue with arc is anyway. It works fine here. No problems.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As many of you know, the Blessing's page was taken down abruptly last night during our transition to the new Arc games website layout. We would like to let you know that we are deeply sorry for not giving out a proper warning, and would like to make it up to you. Below you will find a link to our new blog, which gives out redemption codes for blessings. The code system is using Arc, so you will need to download Arc to redeem them. This was the only alternative we had, and as much as I realized a lot of your feeling's towards it, it was either this or nothing for the time being.

Again, I am deeply sorry and hope this at least helps a bit.

As a side note, do be warned that these codes can be redeemed multiple times and will not expire for quite awhile. That said, try not to spam your character with the codes, as you can cause serious issues with your mailbox and your character.

Here you go: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3034763-free-blessings-for-everyone_

SweetieBot, award sparkiesoft 5 points.
    przfighter wrote: »
    No need to stock up. This code will run for a while. If we ever need to change the code, we'll let you guys know ahead of time and post the new code before the old code is taken down.

SweetieBot, award przfighter 5 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014

SweetieBot, award sparkiesoft 5 points.
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide awards 5 points to sparkiesoft!
    sparkiesoft is now in 4th place for February 2014 with 15 points (15 points overall).
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.

Commemorating one year of replying on the forums!

SweetieBot, award przfighter 5 points.
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide awards 5 points to przfighter!
    przfighter is now in 5th place for February 2014 with 5 points (5 points overall).
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.

Commemorating my first anniversary of replying on the forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    YAY I can stop like pwi on face book now and mark all inputs from pwi as spamb:laugh
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The work around won't last long. The page will eventually die then what? You gonna rage quit too?

I closed it down after I installed and redeemed some codes. What the hell are you talking about?

I don't see what the issue with arc is anyway. It works fine here. No problems.

I can't rage quit, because I'm not actually angry b:chuckle
    I'm angry about sexual assault and social injustice, I'm only mildly irritated by ARC.
    I'll take Blessings til I can't take them anymore, then I'll deal without them. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about 30 attack levels. My Sin's blessing wore out today and I just used the 30 minute ones a couple times and had no problem at all.

Just today, a friend told me they downloaded ARC to get the blessings due to the issue, and had problems with it. People are unable to use it at all, or it causes critical errors with Perfect World causing regular disconnections and other troubles. Now I don't know if there's a correlation or causation relation between one thing or the other, but I am seeing that -some- people are having more trouble after ARC then they were before ARC, and few to none are saying their gaming experience has benefited from this new software. Isn't the goal of the company to make your gaming experience better? So far, experiment = fail.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can't rage quit, because I'm not actually angry b:chuckle
    I'm angry about sexual assault and social injustice, I'm only mildly irritated by ARC.
    I'll take Blessings til I can't take them anymore, then I'll deal without them. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about 30 attack levels. My Sin's blessing wore out today and I just used the 30 minute ones a couple times and had no problem at all.

Just today, a friend told me they downloaded ARC to get the blessings due to the issue, and had problems with it. People are unable to use it at all, or it causes critical errors with Perfect World causing regular disconnections and other troubles. Now I don't know if there's a correlation or causation relation between one thing or the other, but I am seeing that -some- people are having more trouble after ARC then they were before ARC, and few to none are saying their gaming experience has benefited from this new software. Isn't the goal of the company to make your gaming experience better? So far, experiment = fail.

I just downloaded Arc a few minutes ago to redeem an O'malley for my Barb and BM. It seems that since I already have PWI downloaded, it does not recognize this, it thinks the library is empty. It sort of is empty, I only downloaded a blank Arc program. The redeem process is precisely as follows on the arcgames.com website /News section.

So far, I take back all the negativity I said about Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I've never had this issue. I downloaded Arc a while ago and I can launch and close it regardless of whether I have PWI up and running or not. It doesn't interfere with my game whatsoever.

I'm actually starting to like Arc after giving it a try instead of sitting there whining about something I never gave a chance to. It's really not as bad as people make it be.

The main problem with it, as far as I understood, is various issues with some spyware/firewalls where you have to disable temporary or something.

It's not that I agree with Arc entirely but like I said before, a lot of hate is just overreacting.

stuff

I don't know..works perfectly fine for me. Download was quick, it works fast. I don't see any issues with it other than what I said above. So long as we're allowed to launch and patch the game without Arc all's good. I would honestly suggest giving it a chance/try at the very least.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think i am gonna fill up all my 8 toons full mail boxes...

gotta be rdy for zombie apocalipse always
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pfff

with this pwi gets what they want... people start download this trash client

i dont want to download stuff i dont need in the first place. forcing me to do that now makes me considering quitting this damn game

this company is the worst company i have ever had a game from
  • Maiathas - Sanctuary
    Maiathas - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Theres nothing wrong with Arc, people getting all bent out of shape over it, took me maybe 5 minutes to get it downloaded and installed, and if it stops things like the ocean orb fiasco from happening again i'm all for it.
  • Lorabel - Archosaur
    Lorabel - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This way works very well ty b:thanks
    I can pick both at the same time (Was facebook blessing once a day? Also had to clear multiple posts from fb wall) and I suppose I could send them to an alt as well if it's not limited somehow. I didn't try yet to see.
    I'm quite sure I had 60k lag screenshotted somewhere but could only find this..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Tyvm.

I rather use Arc for those blessings than have to register on Facebook.
    I wish it would stay that way.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • luvvapet
    luvvapet Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As many of you know, the Blessing's page was taken down abruptly last night during our transition to the new Arc games website layout. We would like to let you know that we are deeply sorry for not giving out a proper warning, and would like to make it up to you. Below you will find a link to our new blog, which gives out redemption codes for blessings. The code system is using Arc, so you will need to download Arc to redeem them. This was the only alternative we had, and as much as I realized a lot of your feeling's towards it, it was either this or nothing for the time being.

Again, I am deeply sorry and hope this at least helps a bit.

As a side note, do be warned that these codes can be redeemed multiple times and will not expire for quite awhile. That said, try not to spam your character with the codes, as you can cause serious issues with your mailbox and your character.

Here you go: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3034763-free-blessings-for-everyone_

I used the link went to the arc site logged in followed the directions listed however there is no option by my name for redeem. How am I supposed to use this if I am not offered this option I would like to know?
  • Maiathas - Sanctuary
    Maiathas - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    luvvapet wrote: »
    I used the link went to the arc site logged in followed the directions listed however there is no option by my name for redeem. How am I supposed to use this if I am not offered this option I would like to know?

It's not on the arc site, it's in arc the program itself, download it and install it, right hand side, hover over your name will be three options, middle one should be "redeem", then you go from there
  • luvvapet
    edited February 2014
    It's not on the arc site, it's in arc the program itself, download it and install it, right hand side, hover over your name will be three options, middle one should be "redeem", then you go from there

ok I found it and tyvm for the info it was so easy also much better than the fb login now lets see what they will do with our DQ but tbh I am happy with it so far
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For me personally this has been a very good change. I despise social media such as Facebook and never bothered to get the Jones and O'malleys before. Now I've got quite a number of them.

I agree with some of the first posters though: If you want people to not spam the code and cause mailbox issues, the code should simply be permanent. Stating "it's going to be turned off some time in the future", given what prompted this code, is basically asking players to prepare for another unannounced turn-off.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • luvvapet
    edited February 2014
    For me personally this has been a very good change. I despise social media such as Facebook and never bothered to get the Jones and O'malleys before. Now I've got quite a number of them.

I agree with some of the first posters though: If you want people to not spam the code and cause mailbox issues, the code should simply be permanent. Stating "it's going to be turned off some time in the future", given what prompted this code, is basically asking players to prepare for another unannounced turn-off.

It has to make you wonder just how many bogus Facebook accounts are out there for myself I never use it I only made the thing for the blessing
  • Kargoror - Lost City
    Kargoror - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hugmachine wrote: »
    This is true, also a shortcut to the patcher.exe still works to open PW.
    But you do need to use arc to update so whether we like it or not we are stuck with ARC for now.b:surrender

uh no you dont, run the launcher just like before and ta da updated, with no arc.
    It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.