Redonk amounts of damage?

Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
I went and PvPed a bit, and there was this R9r3 Veno with a +8 weapon that I fought. I was getting hit for 6-7k's without crits and 13-16ks with them, and I didn't notice anything too different about their gear. I asked how they were doing so much and they said it was likely my low defense levels and their amps, but the thing is before I left the game I was comfortably tanking +10 R9r3 Venomancers (With +7 gear as well, now I'm mostly +10 minus my boots and cape, which are +8 and 7), so I'm asking you guys.. how are people doing this kind of damage now? Because I fought a barb a while back and he was doing entirely too much damage as well.

What's the deal?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Extra stats from rebirth, cards, spirit, nuema, skill damage passive are the first things to come to mind...

I noticed the increase in damage aswell but I'm not sure which one of these is the main reason for it, but if the veno had S cards.. I suppose that's the reason.

Btw, go rebirth twice already >.> I could use some HF in trio UCH b:avoid
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Extra stats from rebirth, cards, spirit, nuema, skill damage passive are the first things to come to mind...

I noticed the increase in damage aswell but I'm not sure which one of these is the main reason for it, but if the veno had S cards.. I suppose that's the reason.

Btw, go rebirth twice already >.> I could use some HF in trio UCH b:avoid

I'm waiting to hit 101, I"m at 45.6%. I suppose I could go beast mode a few FCs today and hit it but I'm lazy and require entertainment for that.

They didn't have S cards, and had 16% passive damage. What exactly does Spirit do? They had a card with +35 of it. Their cards were A and B, I'm not sure how many times they were rebirthed... man though. That damage was redonk. Guess I gotta get that defense passive huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited February 2014
    I'm waiting to hit 101, I"m at 45.6%. I suppose I could go beast mode a few FCs today and hit it but I'm lazy and require entertainment for that.

They didn't have S cards, and had 16% passive damage. What exactly does Spirit do? They had a card with +35 of it. Their cards were A and B, I'm not sure how many times they were rebirthed... man though. That damage was redonk. Guess I gotta get that defense passive huh?

Spirit acts a bit like attack levels from what I've heard, though it's not very noticeable until you get a ton of it, and seems to have a better effect in pvp than pve. You get spirit depending on your current boundary level, then cards and nuema can further boost that.

Sadly having A and B cards doesn't mean the character only rebirthed once :c, the only S card you can get without touching the boutique is the 10 A card quest at the war avatar master..

Defense passive helps a lot, though I'm not too informed on the new BM skills I know they have a paralyze-type stun skill just like the new barb one so you would probably go for that first?
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Spirit acts a bit like attack levels from what I've heard, though it's not very noticeable until you get a ton of it, and seems to have a better effect in pvp than pve. You get spirit depending on your current boundary level, then cards and nuema can further boost that.

Sadly having A and B cards doesn't mean the character only rebirthed once :c, the only S card you can get without touching the boutique is the 10 A card quest at the war avatar master..

Defense passive helps a lot, though I'm not too informed on the new BM skills I know they have a paralyze-type stun skill just like the new barb one so you would probably go for that first?

Yeah, I'm already planning on getting it. Though it's not going to stop me from taking stupid amounts of damage. Why aren't you in game?

Guess I'll work on 101 so I can rebirth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Darkskies where did your posts go? I thought they were helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was ignored I deleted them leave me alone /emo

Edit: only real addition to Medaka's ninjas is that spirit is 0.1% damage inc/reduction for every point above opponent in pvp, and is nerfed to 40% effectiveness in PvE, with all PvE related stuff having 0 spirit.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014

Edit: only real addition to Medaka's ninjas is that spirit is 0.1% damage inc/reduction for every point above opponent in pvp, and is nerfed to 40% effectiveness in PvE, with all PvE related stuff having 0 spirit.

Want a hug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited February 2014
    Want a hug?

Sure, can never have too many bromances.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, I'm already planning on getting it. Though it's not going to stop me from taking stupid amounts of damage. Why aren't you in game?

Have fun getting 60 blood, second reincarnation mirage sky 5+. (i think that's a prerequisite to get the page thingy needed for the skill)

Obviously it will happen sooner or later, but it is definitely going to take a while, especially since you just recently got back, am guessing you may not have even reincarnated yet. Though I could be wrong I am not you/on your server. (At least not your bm's server) Either way fun stuff. ^^
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Have fun getting 60 blood, second reincarnation mirage sky 5+. (i think that's a prerequisite to get the page thingy needed for the skill)

Obviously it will happen sooner or later, but it is definitely going to take a while, especially since you just recently got back, am guessing you may not have even reincarnated yet. Though I could be wrong I am not you/on your server. (At least not your bm's server) Either way fun stuff. ^^

I'm 45.6% through 100, waiting for 101 to rebirth again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited February 2014

Reawaken*
    reincarnation mirage sky 5+.

you may not have even reincarnated yet.

reawakened*
    I'm 45.6% through 100, waiting for 101 to rebirth again.

reawaken*

f:despise
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I also call it rebirth D: easier to type than reawaken..too confusing for my fingers.

Also yeah, cards, spirit, nuemas, extra points, stuff..do make a difference.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited February 2014
    Also yeah, cards, spirit, nuemas, extra points, fluff..do make a difference.

That's why venos are OP.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited February 2014

*pats* I found your info useful too D:

Well he's on his first reincarnation atm. Sure catching up on boundary levels is the annoying part.. once you get your 2nd reincarnation to level 100 bloods aren't that annoying to get if you do undercurrent hall everyday. Could probably math it out and just level defense passive until he gets mirage sky 5...
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reawaken*

reawakened*

reawaken*

f:despise

REINCARNATED*

get it right.

And to the OP stop +10ing s2 nirv and tt99 goldb:thanks
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    REINCARNATED*

get it right.

Someone's new here. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    REINCARNATED*

get it right.

It's localized as "Reawakening" in our version so that would be the correct term but whatever works.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    It's localized as "Reawakening" in our version so that would be the correct term but whatever works.

No, I'm a born again noodlemonster and that's the story I'm sticking with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • sheldon69890
    sheldon69890 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    HAHA i didn"t expected you talked about me here, but yeah if you didn"t reborn, its about this, and also there war card, geni, etc. after i donnu what that it be :)
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    there are people out there now with 1000magic. what you expect? they hurt.
    first thing u should do after ur 2nd re*whateveruliketocallit* is to get ur original lvl to105 to catch up with the missing stat points.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    HAHA i didn"t expected you talked about me here, but yeah if you didn"t reborn, its about this, and also there war card, geni, etc. after i donnu what that it be :)

It isn't you specifically, you're just an example. You and nobody else on Morai seemed capable of answering my question so I turned to the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    and this is what happens to pple who leave the game once D:

pwned like zanryu on a stick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    and this is what happens to pple who leave the game once D:

pwned like zanryu on a stick

I'm gonna get my nuema on and rock you...

Like a hurricane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I went and PvPed a bit, and there was this R9r3 Veno with a +8 weapon that I fought. I was getting hit for 6-7k's without crits and 13-16ks with them, and I didn't notice anything too different about their gear. I asked how they were doing so much and they said it was likely my low defense levels and their amps, but the thing is before I left the game I was comfortably tanking +10 R9r3 Venomancers (With +7 gear as well, now I'm mostly +10 minus my boots and cape, which are +8 and 7), so I'm asking you guys.. how are people doing this kind of damage now? Because I fought a barb a while back and he was doing entirely too much damage as well.

What's the deal?

New wtf damage from massive amount of stats + cards? Had a R93 cleric literally hit me 8k each with new Cyclone...this is what it feels like to not have Jade. Get rich or get used to it.

Don't know how you can comfortably tank R93 venos though, especially after purge.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty