How To **** Up A Game Part 2

Options

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    He has it linked on this post.

That's not the right r9rr set. He's using CN's in the calc. But anyway, I see why it's lower than mine and it's because of the hat/cape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That's not the right r9rr set. He's using CN's in the calc. But anyway, I see why it's lower than mine and it's because of the hat/cape.

I so obviously didn't catch that tidbit. :P I don't think others did either the first time he posted it. (Edit of course a few ppl did indeed catch it... some didn't. :p)

Either way it does give us a faint idea from the looks of it... even if the add ons on the gear is wrong.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why hasn't this been moved to PvP Ponderings as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm obviously demon if you just checked my skillbars, but here you go.

w/ level 11 barb buff and sage bell: http://imageshack.com/a/img203/4046/z7zh.png
    w/ demon stream: http://imageshack.com/a/img854/49/ldqn.png

With demon bell, it's 24475.

Nah. There's a pretty marked difference between having jades and not having any at all. Like, my survivability goes up quite a bit just by equipping my def level wep which is about the equivalent of three pieces jaded. If I had a couple pieces sharded with jades instead and made up the pdef elsewhere via Cube neck upgrade/refines on rings, it'd be a lot better 'cause then I could stick to puri wep in the few situations where I still use def level wep over it.

ah yea, should check on the skillbars about demon/sage ><

34k pdef b:shocked , of course if you stack huge pdef and defense level, you'll have more damage reduction from both, any reduction we can have will help, but the available sockets are only 24 and you have to choose either JoSD or Garnets for pdef.

JoSD is still better, no denying in that, we have limited sockets in gears and pdef can be acquired elsewhere and there is plenty of it with this update, but 1% armor reduction can be as good as 8 defense level and the higher the pdef, the smaller defense level reduces damage, Auerlius have more defense level, but your gear setup with less defense level tanks physical damage better.

====

-edit-
    Btw this is a simple survival index calc I made in excel with 8 characters or builds to compare, only need to input def/mdef/hp/def level/%reduction addon from gears, and attacker level/atk level. It's just for comparing builds 'on paper' and see how much survival index our character has with that stats, https://docs.zoho.com/file/nyrgj9d7f3d8c51054b72a61fa3dde6721eff.

It won't mean anything knowing how much Survival Index our character has though, especially if we're not familiar with it, but we know our character well in full buff and no buff and compare how much survival index in both state, it's like checking a review of a movie in imdb with 5 means so so, 7 is good enough, 9 is wow, kinda like that.

for example, Eoria's char with no buff at all is at 13k pdef, against an attacker with 162 atk level, she has 30k Survival Index, with cleric and bm buff it's bumped to 53k Survival Index, with Barb buff it increases more to 70k Survival Index.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    when fissile has time i will repost my gear so i ensure an accurate descript.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Assassin's are the hardest class for a cleric to beat in equal endgame gear.

A cleric relies on control to beat their enemies. As many have noted, cleric's have really good single target control. We have very long sleeps and seals and immobilizes.

Cleric's aren't particular good at quickly killing an enemy. Other classes tend to have better ways to quickly charm bypass enemies; mystics with their absorb soul, wizards with their spark debuff, psychics with 100 skill crits, and venoes with various lucky debuffs (100% phy/magic, or ironwood proc > arcane antimony).

That doesn't mean cleric's can't kill people quite well. The normal combo for a cleric involves sealing/sleeping the enemy, loading him up with an enormous amount of healing debuffs plus nudging his hp near half with mark of weakness, then doing actual damage attacks to try and dps the enemy to death. While this combo is predictable and slow, its also quite difficult to block for most classes.

However, assassins are very difficult to put debuffs on. I believe in one fight, I tried about 10 times in a row on sage tidal before anything stuck. Even if you nail the 1/3 chance of landing sleep in sage tidal, you'll usually find yourself unable to do anything with it---you won't be able to apply all the debuffs in the duration of the sleep, because most of them will get resisted. Your best chance comes when tidal falls off, but any assassin worth his/her salt simply uses belief to remove the sleep, puts in anti-stun, then rebuffs tidal.

Essentially, assassins are the one class who can out-control a cleric in a 1vs1 fight. In my experience of endgame vs endgame cleric vs assassin, the fight is almost always in the assassin's favor. That isn't to say that a cleric cannot win, but to win, the cleric must take big risks, whereas the assassin (through good control and zerk crits) can finish the fight while risking very little.

But other than assassins, the outlook is good for clerics. I find that I totally dominate archers, blademasters, barbs (I win or draw), seekers, wizards, and psychics. Cleric fights can go either way. A mystic fight is usually a draw. And I haven't fought enough venoes to know how well clerics do against them, but I do know that clerics have a big advantage when it comes to killing a veno's pet---mark of weakness cuts through the defense levels of pets and tends to one shot them, even if they are fully pimped out avatar of wars. Therefore I predict that cleric's tend to dominate venos as well.

About this video...you have to try debuffing an assassin more. As I've mentioned, for a cleric to win, they have to take risks---risks with their chi and skill cooldowns. You should try a sleep once soon after an assassin has put tidal in, and save the next for when tidal has fallen off. Remember to purify tackling slash as soon as an assassin puts it on you. If you have good reflexes, try will surging when you see throatcut coming. You also need to use your apoth offensively if you want a chance to kill an assassin. Shadow binders, sutra power orbs (great for removing a seal and allowing you to counter), white tea (allow you to triple spark multiple time to blow through assassin's genie, allowing you to sleep him out of tidal and stack debuffs), and ironguard are essential. If you seal of gods an enemy after his tidal is off, be sure to debuff his physical defense, tangling mire if you have it, then magical shackles, bonus points if you can double or triple spark the magical shackles. Do this and the assassin will have almost no way to touch you for the next minute (bonus points if you can use a white tea and double spark sometime during the next minute).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options

A cleric relies on control to beat their enemies. As many have noted, cleric's have really good single target control. We have very long sleeps and seals and immobilizes.

Cleric's aren't particular good at quickly killing an enemy. Other classes tend to have better ways to quickly charm bypass enemies; mystics with their absorb soul, wizards with their spark debuff, psychics with 100 skill crits, and venoes with various lucky debuffs (100% phy/magic, or ironwood proc > arcane antimony).

That doesn't mean cleric's can't kill people quite well. The normal combo for a cleric involves sealing/sleeping the enemy, loading him up with an enormous amount of healing debuffs plus nudging his hp near half with mark of weakness, then doing actual damage attacks to try and dps the enemy to death. While this combo is predictable and slow, its also quite difficult to block for most classes.

However, assassins are very difficult to put debuffs on. I believe in one fight, I tried about 10 times in a row on sage tidal before anything stuck. Even if you nail the 1/3 chance of landing sleep in sage tidal, you'll usually find yourself unable to do anything with it---you won't be able to apply all the debuffs in the duration of the sleep, because most of them will get resisted. Your best chance comes when tidal falls off, but any assassin worth his/her salt simply uses belief to remove the sleep, puts in anti-stun, then rebuffs tidal.

Essentially, assassins are the one class who can out-control a cleric in a 1vs1 fight. In my experience of endgame vs endgame cleric vs assassin, the fight is almost always in the assassin's favor. That isn't to say that a cleric cannot win, but to win, the cleric must take big risks, whereas the assassin (through good control and zerk crits) can finish the fight while risking very little.

But other than assassins, the outlook is good for clerics. I find that I totally dominate archers, blademasters, barbs (I win or draw), seekers, wizards, and psychics. Cleric fights can go either way. A mystic fight is usually a draw. And I haven't fought enough venoes to know how well clerics do against them, but I do know that clerics have a big advantage when it comes to killing a veno's pet---mark of weakness cuts through the defense levels of pets and tends to one shot them, even if they are fully pimped out avatar of wars. Therefore I predict that cleric's tend to dominate venos as well.

About this video...you have to try debuffing an assassin more. As I've mentioned, for a cleric to win, they have to take risks---risks with their chi and skill cooldowns. You should try a sleep once soon after an assassin has put tidal in, and save the next for when tidal has fallen off. Remember to purify tackling slash as soon as an assassin puts it on you. If you have good reflexes, try will surging when you see throatcut coming. You also need to use your apoth offensively if you want a chance to kill an assassin. Shadow binders, sutra power orbs (great for removing a seal and allowing you to counter), white tea (allow you to triple spark multiple time to blow through assassin's genie, allowing you to sleep him out of tidal and stack debuffs), and ironguard are essential. If you seal of gods an enemy after his tidal is off, be sure to debuff his physical defense, tangling mire if you have it, then magical shackles, bonus points if you can double or triple spark the magical shackles. Do this and the assassin will have almost no way to touch you for the next minute (bonus points if you can use a white tea and double spark sometime during the next minute).

you have been the most helpful here. i will practice with your advice and repost after i gear up again. do you think the crit thing is fine the way it is though?
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options

Agree, clerics are able to beat most of the other classes 1on1, but these other classes can drop people more quickly, they're like that since the very beginning while cleric got the opness more since Morai, and the new offensive skill needs Morai's Violet Dance to take effect. Even with Morai skills, cleric has to set a situation first that involves putting a lot of debuff which takes a lot of time before cleric can actually make a kill, without that it's fat chance for cleric to kill relying on damage alone.

Btw, have you gotten the new great cyclone ? Pls post a pvp video with it if you have it and have the time. How about cleric vs cleric ? haven't seen one in your videos other than the one teamed up with a psychic which ended up in draw.
    you have been the most helpful here. i will practice with your advice and repost after i gear up again. do you think the crit thing is fine the way it is though?

Aeliah's been very helpful with cleric tips and tricks, I also arranged my skill bars similar to his to be more efficient and minimizing response time, also still considering having a phys atk ring for adding more defense.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Agree, clerics are able to beat most of the other classes 1on1, but these other classes can drop people more quickly, they're like that since the very beginning while cleric got the opness more since Morai, and the new offensive skill needs Morai's Violet Dance to take effect. Even with Morai skills, cleric has to set a situation first that involves putting a lot of debuff which takes a lot of time before cleric can actually make a kill, without that it's fat chance for cleric to kill relying on damage alone.

Btw, have you gotten the new great cyclone ? Pls post a pvp video with it if you have it and have the time. How about cleric vs cleric ? haven't seen one in your videos other than the one teamed up with a psychic which ended up in draw.

Aeliah's been very helpful with cleric tips and tricks, I also arranged my skill bars similar to his to be more efficient and minimizing response time, also still considering having a phys atk ring for adding more defense.

i don't have the cyclone skill yet. i do however have a phy ring...i have the nw might ring at +12
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Update: the new great cyclone skill is FANTASTIC. My dps in violet dance has shot up dramatically.

First example I noticed: Tiger event, on a boss, I held aggro over a full deity stone psychic for the first time ever (and yes the psychic was obviously trying to do as much damage as he could).

There are many wonderful aspects to the new great cyclone:

-more dps period; instead of having to use slower wield thunders and thunderballs, you can spam great cyclones

-better chi gain (if you alternate with wield thunders for sage, or just once at beginning for demon): thunderball only gives 5 chi and has much longer channeling; elven boon gives no chi. The normal damage combo in violet dance was (after a mark of weakness once every 20 seconds) wield > cyclone > elven > thunderball. Lets assume that wield is demon (or the extra 30 chi thing doesn't proc for sage) so this combo gives 15+10+0+5 = 30 chi. However, the new combo is now Wield>cyclone>cyclone>cyclone (plus a bit of extra time, arguably one more cyclone in same time period depending on your channeling, possibly more). Now, you get 15+10+10+10 = 45 chi. As you can see, this is 15 chi better than the old combo. More chi = more triple sparking which means every MORE dps over time, win win all around.

-for sage, more slow; instead of 45% slow, its 50% slow, and, since the cyclone is spammable, its really really easy to have your enemies moving at a crawl constantly

I haven't pvped as much lately---there's so much new pve content I'm keeping abreast with. However, on a few occasions in NW and TW, I noted that my violet dance dps was definitely making a difference in getting kills off faster; before when I'd go to attack somebody near the edge of my attack range (28 meters) I'd, say, start with cyclone, then do elven boon... and, woops, they aren't quite dead yet, great, now I've gotta decide between plume shot (inferior damage on all light armor and heavy armor classes, clerics with plume shell in, wiz with earth shield in, venos in fox form, or mystics) or wield thunder (much longer channeling and casting time, which gives the enemy more time to genie or run). Now, I can often get off 3 or more great cyclones before an enemy can get out of my attack range, which definitely leads to more kills.

I'll do more pvp soon, so keep checking my channel!

Cheers.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Good to hear that ! Sage cleric also has magic shell which reduce channeling, means more cyclone in the 10 seconds period.

I wish people QQ more about cleric which would mean cleric is OP b:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Essentially it lets you attack almost as fast as an archer except you hit with metal and not physical attacks.

That's how clerics have always been from the beginning. They used to set up on you with sleep, debuff, and maybe 2 spark right out of sleep. Before genies that was impossible to survive unless you manage to sneak a shell on before getting slept, but then again sleep duration wasn't the most reliable. Once genies came out, you could survive clerics easier and hope to have chances to kill them off, but the fight was always about attrition. A cleric would typically try to outlast an archer in chi and eventually get that chance to set up and maybe pop ZTP. Once purge bows came along there were freak chances that cleric could get purged and have to expend resources prematurely, tipping the fight for archer. Then of course Morai update came along and God's Seal finally had an offensive use. Cleric fight is all about outlasting and setting up.

So yeah...the nasty thing about sins is that you can't stack debuffs on them and you can't outlast them in chi.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So yeah...the nasty thing about sins is that you can't stack debuffs on them

You can, it's just harder to do. Once a debuff sticks to a sin, it can be devestating.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You can, it's just harder to do. Once a debuff sticks to a sin, it can be devestating.

You can't as easily as to ANY other class, kinda was an obvious point someone was making and you obviouly missed
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Essentially it lets you attack almost as fast as an archer except you hit with metal and not physical attacks.

That's how clerics have always been from the beginning. They used to set up on you with sleep, debuff, and maybe 2 spark right out of sleep. Before genies that was impossible to survive unless you manage to sneak a shell on before getting slept, but then again sleep duration wasn't the most reliable. Once genies came out, you could survive clerics easier and hope to have chances to kill them off, but the fight was always about attrition. A cleric would typically try to outlast an archer in chi and eventually get that chance to set up and maybe pop ZTP. Once purge bows came along there were freak chances that cleric could get purged and have to expend resources prematurely, tipping the fight for archer. Then of course Morai update came along and God's Seal finally had an offensive use. Cleric fight is all about outlasting and setting up.

So yeah...the nasty thing about sins is that you can't stack debuffs on them and you can't outlast them in chi.

Yeah I think that's the point of the upgrade of Great Cyclone, and it's proven to lead to more kills like Aeliah said.

Agree that clerics have been made that way just like you said, even with morai skills, I just hope UV cleric can also rely on damage alone to make a kill, even though by setting up debuffs a kill is almost guaranteed, it takes too much time in pvp with more than one enemy at range. Clerics are practically metal wizards when in UV mode, what good of a wizard if cannot do a fast enough kill. Thank god now clerics are given the new Great Cyclone, but since noone qq about it, it doesn't seem like much, but I'm still grateful for that

I hate sins the most when in pvp, the damage is insane and can pop out of nowhere right after apoth and genie have been used. All classes have been given a way to counter sins, but clerics still lack an original counter skill unless having r9rr purify weapon.
  • Thethirdhalf - Archosaur
    Thethirdhalf - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately, over my few years of playing thing game, within each update I have come to noticed that certain classes get these different, useful OP skill that pull them ahead, while the rest get a little bit of what I like to call "the shaft".

As i know Arch server is a pve server. Most competition comes from pvp. Most events are based on pvp, and majority of the well geared players are always walking around white named waiting for pvp action.

Sadly, I have noticed that unless you are an archer, sin, psy, or barb... You're more then likely screwed in pvp. Now don't get me wrong, i know a lot of it comes down to "you should know how to play your class" or "you need to learn how to counter skills". Okay. Great. Genies help, but you can only do so much.

I haven't put a dime in this game for months. Nor will I until they make all classes fair, and even then I question doing so just because developers will probably turn back around and do something else to totally mess up a class or two. As a mystic, I have come to find that unless I am +12 everything with JoSD i will not stand a chance against sins, archers, most barbs, and psys are a giggle for me to even compete with. Archers kill me before i get a shot in, sins are now just way OP, barbs are tanky as **** and now have a spam stun skill, and psys just constantly hit me for 493583947589345k.

FIX THIS.
  • sazuke15
    sazuke15 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    All ik is a game should be balance there should always be a counter for all skills. Example SoG is 15 secs or i dont know of time... of being useless.... yeah the damage is reduce but we still get hit. and cant do anything about it. The barbs new stun. cant be countered. and the CD is ready once u get back up. so they cast it again until the person is dead... Elimination 1 hit soft 1 hit strong 2 soft then 1 strong... BUT if the 3 soft zerk crit is still x4 damage... so is no longer a soft attack. Mystics got nerfed bad. no longer they can heal crystal in tw which was what made em last a lot longer. their push back sometimes wont cancel an aoe(like vortex or boa). Wizards are an abandoned class since most of their skills keep getting nerfed to try and balance (which is total BS) Archers yes we have high crit and the fancy purge. BUT no self buffs what so ever our evation is stupid still get hit by anyone i rarely see misses. and im an Archer. BMs got made to be undestructable in some ocacions and their Zerk crits are far worse than those of a sin. So my point is instead of making 1 class stronger than the other one. is just make em all to where they all r the same and just the skill of the player determines. a counter for sog or a counter for that barb stun would be nice. this is my opinion if archers get nerfed idgaf i would prefer the archers being equal to all classes.
  • sazuke15
    sazuke15 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    sazuke15 wrote: »
    All ik is a game should be balance there should always be a counter for all skills. Example SoG is 15 secs or i dont know of time... of being useless.... yeah the damage is reduce but we still get hit. and cant do anything about it. The barbs new stun. cant be countered. and the CD is ready once u get back up. so they cast it again until the person is dead... Elimination 1 hit soft 1 hit strong 2 soft then 1 strong... BUT if the 3 soft zerk crit is still x4 damage... so is no longer a soft attack. Mystics got nerfed bad. no longer they can heal crystal in tw which was what made em last a lot longer. their push back sometimes wont cancel an aoe(like vortex or boa). Wizards are an abandoned class since most of their skills keep getting nerfed to try and balance (which is total BS) Archers yes we have high crit and the fancy purge. BUT no self buffs what so ever our evation is stupid still get hit by anyone i rarely see misses. and im an Archer. BMs got made to be undestructable in some ocacions and their Zerk crits are far worse than those of a sin. So my point is instead of making 1 class stronger than the other one. is just make em all to where they all r the same and just the skill of the player determines. a counter for sog or a counter for that barb stun would be nice. this is my opinion if archers get nerfed idgaf i would prefer the archers being equal to all classes.

For your information i am Borreas lvl 103 archer from Archosaur.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Nor will I until they make all classes fair

That's not really possible since classes will have advantages and disadvantages among themselves regardless. It would be boring, anyway, if everything was so balanced that every class had equal advantages against every other class. Where's the diversity?

I think the biggest issue is the gear and various "fixes" they did that instead of balancing, it caused more problems. Tweaking some skills here and there would be needed but other than that I find it fairly good the way things are about the classes.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    sazuke15 wrote: »

You won't die because you're SoG'ed and being hit while SoG'ed , unless you're ganked by a lot of people, you'll die anyway if being ganked, SoG'ed or not SoG'ed. I sometimes even use SoG to protect my weak guild mate from sins in pk and if he's outside squad.

SoG costs one spark, has 30 seconds cooldown and freeze the target for 15 seconds with 90% damage reduction. Sure there are some skills that go through the damage reduction, but that's to be expected, or else it won't be useful at all other than for buying time or escaping or freeze someone too OP, especially if he's 3 sparked.

The new Stun for BM costs one spark, has 15 seconds cooldown and freeze the target for 7.5 seconds (for demon) without any damage reduction.

I'll trade my SoG to that new stun any day even if it has melee range. It breaks the laws of physics of the game.
  • Thethirdhalf - Archosaur
    Thethirdhalf - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You won't die because you're SoG'ed and being hit while SoG'ed , unless you're ganked by a lot of people, you'll die anyway if being ganked, SoG'ed or not SoG'ed. I sometimes even use SoG to protect my weak guild mate from sins in pk and if he's outside squad.

SoG costs one spark, has 30 seconds cooldown and freeze the target for 15 seconds with 90% damage reduction. Sure there are some skills that go through the damage reduction, but that's to be expected, or else it won't be useful at all other than for buying time or escaping or freeze someone too OP, especially if he's 3 sparked.

The new Stun for BM costs one spark, has 15 seconds cooldown and freeze the target for 7.5 seconds (for demon) without any damage reduction.

I'll trade my SoG to that new stun any day even if it has melee range. It breaks the laws of physics of the game.

I do believe he was talking about the new barb stun slill, not BM.
    Yes SoG does reduce damage. by a lot. However being a rrr9 mystic, i still feel i shouldnt be critted for 4.5k by a cleric in SoG. Its ****. but happens all the time. There should be more options for different classes to counter a skill that is casted. Like any other normal MMORPG game.
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I do believe he was talking about the new barb stun slill, not BM.
    Yes SoG does reduce damage. by a lot. However being a rrr9 mystic, i still feel i shouldnt be critted for 4.5k by a cleric in SoG. Its ****. but happens all the time. There should be more options for different classes to counter a skill that is casted. Like any other normal MMORPG game.

And I was just pointing out that the new BM stun was comparable to SoG, with even more devastating effect than SoG in any situation be it 1 vs 1 or mass pvp.

The only skill a cleric can bypass the 90% dmg reduction from SoG is Mark of Weakness, it has 10 seconds cooldown, so it can only be casted once during SoG duration, DoT damage can also bypass it, but only the DoT, the skill damage coming with DoT effect won't hurt.

Even though cleric has a skill that cannot be countered, cleric also doesn't have original skill for countering stuns which all classes have, so it's kinda fair.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    And I was just pointing out that the new BM stun was comparable to SoG, with even more devastating effect than SoG in any situation be it 1 vs 1 or mass pvp.

The only skill a cleric can bypass the 90% dmg reduction from SoG is Mark of Weakness, it has 10 seconds cooldown, so it can only be casted once during SoG duration, DoT damage can also bypass it, but only the DoT, the skill damage coming with DoT effect won't hurt.

Even though cleric has a skill that cannot be countered, cleric also doesn't have original skill for countering stuns which all classes have, so it's kinda fair.
    SoG can be counterd partially actually.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Only if you have a genie setup for it. Most people will only have Will Surge at most and there's only a handful of people on this server that run Faith genies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The only use I can find for SoG is so many archers can stack barrages on the poor sob and he will sit there ticking charm while everyone around him dies. Can't even move away or die lol.

I've come to accept such skills as SoG because it is very old and part of the class balance since like 5 years ago. What I can't accept is some classes getting awesome new skills while other classes get wtf ****.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    Options
    still no good. when the next expansion?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Dude, just reroll to a different class. Cleric is just not for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Dude, just reroll to a different class. Cleric is just not for you.
    lmao i can play a cleric exceptionally well. the problem is not my choice of class, it is the lack of balance and forethought in this game. and what really annoys me is when people like you put your two cents in without knowing the fare. how about this for a change, you reroll a toon, play something other than the four top classes and see how fun the game is for you in 1v1 pk/tw/nw or any of the gazillion events that are all pk based.

on top of that **** giving this game any more of my time or energy. when i am on it is cause i am stuck in my office and have nothing and i do mean NOTHING, to do. and even then it's only long enough to do the primal dailies on one toon. i have made all the classes, so i know that i enjoy a challenge and it is hardest for me to win on a mystic but i know i suck balls playing as a mystic so i don't post about it cause i am not knowledgeable enough...clerics? i know.

and lastly, not only is the game trash but the people that run it are corrupt as well, just look at what has happened in harshlands, with friends of gm's being given complete portal sets and mods getting gear [that is unattainable by the player base] for doing what mods do. if that doesn't sound like some bias shady maneuvers idk what is. i used to wonder why the mods would descend on me every time i brought up an issue that hit a nerve. now i know why, they were paid off to, lol.

watched it..nothing there she did that i didn't do/know. the sin she fought was nowhere near as skilled as toraah. she is a great cleric and cngrtz to her. i hope she can do that to an end game barb.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    idk bout skill since i know literally nothing bout sins but i think synth is better geared then toraah.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]