How To **** Up A Game Part 2

Options

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Let's see how much damage would Auerlius take from a normal attack from Toraah.

Here's the needed variables from Toraah :
    Base Damage : 20994 - 24269
    Attack Level : 162 (127 + 35, Toraah said 35 was not added by the time the SS was made, so it's 162)
    Critical Damage : 220% from Sage Assassin.

The needed variables from Auerlius gear to reduce damage :
    Physical Defense : 16123 ( equals to 79.431% reduction)
    Defense Level : 90
    Hp : 14855

Since PvP damage is 25% from char stat, 20994-24269 would be 5248.5 - 6067.25
    Reduced by Auerlius' Defense 79.431% = 1079.56 - 1247.97
    Multiplied by A-D = 1857 - 2147 Normal Damage
    Critical Damage with sage wolf emblem is * 220% = 4085 - 4722
    Zerk Crit = 8170 - 9445

Dunno how spirit affects damage output, even without that the zerk crit damage is already impressive, and that's only normal attack, skill damage is definitely higher than that since there are additions from Gear Damage and Constant Skill Damage.

3 consecutive zerk crit coming from Toraah will definitely kill Auerlius, or two after a charm tick.

In one of their fights that I didn't post Toraah got a charm bypass from around 90% hp. I don't recognize the skill but I assume it was elimination. Including spirit zerk crits on skills are probably in the vicinity of 12k+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    In one of their fights that I didn't post Toraah got a charm bypass from around 90% hp. I don't recognize the skill but I assume it was elimination. Including spirit zerk crits on skills are probably in the vicinity of 12k+.
    ΦElimination

Range 4.5 Meters
    Mana 130
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 2.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 30
    Weapon Dagger

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Go in for a killing strike, stunning the target for 3 seconds and
    dealing 320% of base physical damage. Causes the target to bleed
    profusely for 9 seconds, dealing an additional 935% of weapon damage.

Sage version increases the bleed damage by 35%.
    Originally Posted by freygin View Post

Attack Level : 162 (127 + 35, Toraah said 35 was not added by the time the SS was made, so it's 162)

Zerk Crit = 8170 - 9445

Dunno how spirit affects damage output, even without that the zerk crit damage is already impressive, and that's only normal attack, skill damage is definitely higher than that since there are additions from Gear Damage and Constant Skill Damage.

3 consecutive zerk crit coming from Toraah will definitely kill Auerlius, or two after a charm tick.

From skill description 320% of base damage is 5942-6870

Spirit difference is 1.8% damage increase for Sin so lets assume negligible.

Crit on elimination 13072-15114

Zerk crit on Elimination is 26,145-30,228 - this is before the bleed effect... (935% wep damage)

Please tell me I worked that out wrong? :o
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

The quote below is the description of Elimination Skill, I copy pasted it from this thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1652881, that's insane 320% of base physical damage b:shocked, and there is still bleed for 935% weapon damage in 9 seconds. If the skill description is correct, even without crit the damage is already 5942-6869 or 13072-15111 crit or zerk crit 26144 - 30223. Even a crit can have a chance to land a kill on Auerlius in one hit with that kind of damage.

But I'm sure that skill description is wrong, a.f.a.i.k , Base Physical Damage never gets multiplied in any skill from any class. The only thing that gets multiplied is usually Weapon Damage or Gear Damage which is calculated by adding all Physical Attack in all gears.

A skill's damage is usually calculated from 3 things :
    - Base Attack (phy/mgc) , shown in char info
    - Weapon Damage or can be said Gear Damage since it's the accumulation of all physical attack in weapon and other gear slots such as rings.
    - A Constant Skill Damage.

Also the updated Sage Chill of the Deep got increased at 40 attack level.

Could you please ask what's the Skill Description for Elimination, I'm 100% sure the description from the thread above is wrong since it's posted on early days after patch. It should be fixed already by now.

Geez, I think this update really is a game changer, everything is boosted with the additions of war avatar, passive skills, stat points, updated skills, the new multiplier called spirit, and so on. Well, until we get everything maxed or quite enough, I guess we have to get used to if someone deals insane damage or if our damage is too little since there are a bunch of boost in damage and defense variables.
    ΦElimination

Range 4.5 Meters
    Mana 130
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 2.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 30
    Weapon Dagger

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Go in for a killing strike, stunning the target for 3 seconds and
    dealing 320% of base physical damage. Causes the target to bleed
    profusely for 9 seconds, dealing an additional 935% of weapon damage.

Sage version increases the bleed damage by 35%.
    From skill description 320% of base damage is 5942-6870

Spirit difference is 1.8% damage increase for Sin so lets assume negligible.

Crit on elimination 13072-15114

Zerk crit on Elimination is 26,145-30,228 - this is before the bleed effect... (935% wep damage)

Please tell me I worked that out wrong? :o

I was wondering about that and was still writing a long post in around the time you already posted, I thought I double posted when I see yours lol

I believe the skill description is wrong, or if I remember correctly I saw a post about Elimination skill and said it was divided into 5 consecutive hits. (cmiiw)

Need a Sin to confirm what is the description of Elimination skill in the game.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I was wondering about that and was still writing a long post in around the time you already posted, I thought I double posted when I see yours lol

I believe the skill description is wrong, or if I remember correctly I saw a post about Elimination skill and said it was divided into 5 consecutive hits. (cmiiw)

Need a Sin to confirm what is the description of Elimination skill in the game.
    ~Cinderball thread here

When I first got the skill, I noticed that the damage varied wildly on each hit. I assumed that each hit did a roughly equal share of the damage. I thought the variation was due to crits and zerks at first but the differences seemed too great to be due to that. So I ran a little experiment here: http://i39.tinypic.com/r9ha3a.png

Using the lowest level npc daggers, my damage with each hit unsparked on the damage test mob was:

3778, 2529, 2523, 3782, 7517 for a total of 20129.

While sage sparking, my damage was (first hit was divided by 2.2 to account for the crit):

8072, 5383, 5391, 8020, 16191 for a total of 43057

Since the total damage is 3.2x the base physical damage, we can draw the following conclusions:

*The 1st and 4th hits do 60% base damage each

*The 2nd and 3rd hits do 40% base damage each

*The 5th hit does 120% base damage

*Sparks and other phys attack buffs are fully included in the calculation

*As a side note, testing it on the phys immune mobs in sot, magic attack buffs like condensed thorn have the full damage apply to each hit. I didn't test apoth or have a wizzy frostblade me but they are likely the same. Also, apparently the elemental damage gets the skill buff from primal world applied to it and the elemental damage can crit which I was unaware of. If the comparison holds, using elemental apoth would really amp the base damage because each hit would get the full effect.

Interesting, it seems each of the hits has a individual chance to crit/zc. I assume the hits occur within the cast time (2.5 seconds) Perhaps if reaction time is fast enough they can be resisted? Almost a unique type of skill, in terms of how damage is calculated/dealt and will likely be a similar scenario for frost splash..

Can they be interrupted/resisted independent of each other?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Elimination needs 2.6 seconds time for delivering the full 320% base physical damage, it should be enough for us to react once we're familiar with the skill animation, it's about the same as 2 attacks per second but with only 320%/5=64% base physical damage per hit, haven't experienced being hit with this so can't really tell about it.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Elimination needs 2.6 seconds time for delivering the full 320% base physical damage, it should be enough for us to react once we're familiar with the skill animation, it's about the same as 2 attacks per second but with only 320%/5=64% base physical damage per hit, haven't experienced being hit with this so can't really tell about it.

Indeed, though considering you are stunned for the duration, the emphasis will be break stun/expel etc
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I can upload that video later. It seemed to be 2 hits so I don't think it was elimination then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yes, if you are hit with the first few hits of elimination, you can resist the other hits if you are fast enough, you'd need an extremely good reaction time though. Casting of elimination isn't cancelled from seals or if the target runs out of range(unless it's like 15m+)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yes, if you are hit with the first few hits of elimination, you can resist the other hits if you are fast enough, you'd need an extremely good reaction time though. Casting of elimination isn't cancelled from seals or if the target runs out of range(unless it's like 15m+)

ty i tried running though you are good at the timing though, so running unless i proc usually isn't possible. i have however been having major lag issues, so i have some homework to do on that, based on the advice that has been offered.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Zerk Crit = 8170 - 9445

Auerlius' pdef seems too low, hp too. Most endgame robes at this point would have at least 10k pdef unbuffed, and that was before the passive from this new expansion. It puzzles me how he only has 15k pdef with Bell and Vanguard, that's like what robes get a year ago. Also, like I keep saying, sins are still vastly different from archers in their nuke damage, CC, and evasion.

Anyways, you know this is coming - let's flip this around and see how much Auerlius does to Torah:

Base damage: (36268+42950)/2 = 39609 avg.

Weapon attack: assuming +12 Sanctity you're looking at around 4600 weapon attack assuming 2 grade 12 shards and R999 ring. I'm assuming the other ring is physical.

105 attack levels over Torah

Torah's defense:

Magic Defense : 17002 (let's just say it's 80% reduction)
    Defense Level : 37
    Hp : 18718

With any basic nuke (Cyclone, Boon), Auerlius will deal around 47k raw damage, which translates to around 4.8k PvP damage to Torah; (47k / 4 * 2.05 * 0.2)

With Wield he deals ~ 5.6k PvP damage; with Tempest he deals ~7.3k

If he hits with Boon and crits with Tempest, he can kill Torah by bypass, or if he crits with Boon and crits with Wield.

Since Torah has 61% crit, let's just assume zerk is 30%, the chance to zerk crit twice in a row is around 3.3%, the chance to zerk crit three times in a row is .6%. There is thus more chance for Auerlius, who has 20% crit, to bypass with 2 chain crits. With endgame Demon clerics being able to bump magic attack in addition to UV mode on high refines and debuffing metal defense, he can hit even harder than that. Fully buffed up, each Boon hits as hard as Wield. If you can set up SoG, double debuff, and 3 spark you can just one shot him coming out of SoG if genies and Deaden were exhausted beforehand.

Anyways you see what I just did there? Anyone reading what I just wrote would point out other attributes of the sin class that would allow the sin to prevail. Some might argue if the sin uses Tidal Protection the cleric wouldn't be able to set up on the sin, others might point out the sin can use bigger nukes, many would point out the sin's high number of CC and interrupts does not allow consecutive hits on the sin to happen, etc. etc.

You see how it's not the crit rate that is going to be OP because any endgame class has high raw damage anyway. Rather, it's going to be all of the sin's nuke damage, CC and evasion that allows the sin to deliver the kill. If he doesn't have all those skills, (ie: if he has 1 stun and no real evasion like an archer) he might actually die pretty fast.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Auerlius' pdef seems too low, hp too. Most endgame robes at this point would have at least 10k pdef unbuffed, and that was before the passive from this new expansion. It puzzles me how he only has 15k pdef with Bell and Vanguard, that's like what robes get a year ago.

Yeah...this I have to agree with.

I'll throw this up for reference, I guess: http://imageshack.com/a/img541/8094/2gg9.png

I'm only full +10. Cape/hat are cit gem sharded. Top is g10 garnets. Pants/boots/wrists are exclusive garnets. I do have 200 base vit, but if this guy is, I assume, full r9rr +12 with full jades and NW upgrades, he should still have better stats than me even if pure mag.

idk. The only other thing I can think of that could potentially make that big of a difference is cards...which, like, he has full +12 and jades, so I'll go ahead and assume he has at least a full set of B/A cards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Oh that's true, I hadn't noticed. That may be one of the reasons he's taking so much damage.

My physical defence with lvl4 passive, Vanguard Spirit and lvl10 bell is around 15k-16k in human form and my gear is fully sharded with Morai/Incomparable Citrine gems. The physical defence comes from whatever the base gear gives plus physical defence add from the pataka plus my +9 NW necklace and WOCC cape. There's still room for improvement such as maxing the passive, refining the necklace, getting a might ring (like Sky Cover +10 or something) and leveling up Nuema/War Avatars. I do have A cards but no set of them yet.

With that said, he's lacking something..highly refined physical necklace? cards? I don't know.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Incansin - Archosaur
    Incansin - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Most common pure dex class's + 2x the damage= No chance for arcanes; especially seeing as how la gets high phys and mag d. clerics have 2 stuns not counting sleep (it's used to run not fight) and maybe you ppl check the cd time on em before all the "well you should". Auerlius if you want fairness go play fb cod or halo cause this game ain't ever gonna get it right
    Auerlius' pdef seems too low, hp too. Most endgame robes at this point would have at least 10k pdef unbuffed, and that was before the passive from this new expansion. It puzzles me how he only has 15k pdef with Bell and Vanguard, that's like what robes get a year ago. Also, like I keep saying, sins are still vastly different from archers in their nuke damage, CC, and evasion.

Anyways, you know this is coming - let's flip this around and see how much Auerlius does to Torah:

Base damage: (36268+42950)/2 = 39609 avg.

Weapon attack: assuming +12 Sanctity you're looking at around 4600 weapon attack assuming 2 grade 12 shards and R999 ring. I'm assuming the other ring is physical.

105 attack levels over Torah

Torah's defense:

Magic Defense : 17002 (let's just say it's 80% reduction)
    Defense Level : 37
    Hp : 18718

With any basic nuke (Cyclone, Boon), Auerlius will deal around 47k raw damage, which translates to around 4.8k PvP damage to Torah; (47k / 4 * 2.05 * 0.2)

With Wield he deals ~ 5.6k PvP damage; with Tempest he deals ~7.3k

If he hits with Boon and crits with Tempest, he can kill Torah by bypass, or if he crits with Boon and crits with Wield.

Since Torah has 61% crit, let's just assume zerk is 30%, the chance to zerk crit twice in a row is around 3.3%, the chance to zerk crit three times in a row is .6%. There is thus more chance for Auerlius, who has 20% crit, to bypass with 2 chain crits. With endgame Demon clerics being able to bump magic attack in addition to UV mode on high refines and debuffing metal defense, he can hit even harder than that. Fully buffed up, each Boon hits as hard as Wield. If you can set up SoG, double debuff, and 3 spark you can just one shot him coming out of SoG if genies and Deaden were exhausted beforehand.

Anyways you see what I just did there? Anyone reading what I just wrote would point out other attributes of the sin class that would allow the sin to prevail. Some might argue if the sin uses Tidal Protection the cleric wouldn't be able to set up on the sin, others might point out the sin can use bigger nukes, many would point out the sin's high number of CC and interrupts does not allow consecutive hits on the sin to happen, etc. etc.

You see how it's not the crit rate that is going to be OP because any endgame class has high raw damage anyway. Rather, it's going to be all of the sin's nuke damage, CC and evasion that allows the sin to deliver the kill. If he doesn't have all those skills, (ie: if he has 1 stun and no real evasion like an archer) he might actually die pretty fast.

All your math is to precise attacks fluctuate and when it's pvp he will boon charm tick wield thunder get stun locked then with your 3.3 chance happening 4-5 times a sec the clerics dead befor he can plume shell,shield, and ih
    when life gives you lemons...
    PAINT THAT S*** GOLD!!!!!
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wow, your physical defense is quite high, Eoria, even without any buff at all, you already have 13043, could you please post your fully buffed char info ? with bm and nw buff, or you could just write the values fully buffed, it's ok without SS, also how much pdef with sage vanguard (if you're sage cleric)

I'd guess you could reach 25k+ pdef fully buffed which equals to 85.69% damage reduction, and there is still room for upping it more with lv11 garnets from packs.

I think JoSD is becoming obsolete if armor defense is getting bigger and bigger.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wouldn't JOSD benefit the most if armor defense is getting better? JOSD is effective when you have decent defences and HP first and these passives/War Avatars defences/HP can't be purged either.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    More passive pdef/mdef means sharding vit stones/pdef/mdef adds less improvement than before when base defences were low.

JoSD is becoming better, though obviously still not as OP as it used to be, before r9rr and deitied 180 attack lvls.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Oh that's true, I hadn't noticed. That may be one of the reasons he's taking so much damage.

My physical defence with lvl4 passive, Vanguard Spirit and lvl10 bell is around 15k-16k in human form and my gear is fully sharded with Morai/Incomparable Citrine gems. The physical defence comes from whatever the base gear gives plus physical defence add from the pataka plus my +9 NW necklace and WOCC cape. There's still room for improvement such as maxing the passive, refining the necklace, getting a might ring (like Sky Cover +10 or something) and leveling up Nuema/War Avatars. I do have A cards but no set of them yet.

With that said, he's lacking something..highly refined physical necklace? cards? I don't know.

i have the nw r9 and might rings plus the nw phys neck +12

at most the cards can use work...i will try that next.
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wouldn't JOSD benefit the most if armor defense is getting better? JOSD is effective when you have decent defences and HP first and these passives/War Avatars defences/HP can't be purged either.

It's a bit situational either with buff or no buff, but if we're talking about a high armor defense reduction, then it should be in a fully buffed state, I'm quite sure JoSD isn't that effective anymore.

I'll try to explain my reason as simple as I can, please correct me if I'm wrong, this is all based on calculations. I have a damage calculator with all the formulas from pwpedia damage section, so believe me it's accurate and with a low margin of error (below 1% or even 0.1%), whoever figured that damage formulas is a genius b:thanks

Let's take an example from Auerlius and Eoria (assuming eoria has 25k pdef), and the attacker is Toraah with 162 attack level (we don't need the actual damage value, we'll only see it as percent)

Auerlius has 16123 pdef (=79.431% reduction) and 90 defense level (full JoSD -2)
    Eoria has 25.000 pdef (=85.69% reduction) and 53 defense level (with mixed sharding between garnets and citrine, no JoSD )

This is simple math, right, no matter how much damage coming from Toraah, it'll be reduced by armor defense reduction,
    - for Auerlius the damage received would be 100% - 79.431% = 20.569%,
    - for Eoria the damage received would be 100% - 85.69% = 14.31%

This is still simple math, per 1 Attack level amplifies damage by 1% so :
    - for Auerlius, 20.569% is amplified by 162-90=72% ==> 20.569% * 1.72 = 35.37%
    - for Eoria, 14.31% i amplified by 162-53 = 109% ==> 14.31% * 2.09 = 29.9%

See, the damage to Auerlius is 35.37% from whatever damage is Toraah's raw damage
    the damage to Eoria is 29.9% from whatever damage is Toraah's raw damage.

Even though Auerlius is JoSD sharded, Eoria with higher defense reduction received less damage.

Now lets see if someone can get a MAX damage reduction in the game which is 95%, the damage taken would only be 5% , even if he doesn't have any defense level, he can tank 162 attack level so easily. 5% multiplied by 2.62 = 13.1%. Now let's see if he has 48 defense level from full JoSD, 5% multiplied by 2.14 = 10.7%. The difference is not that much anymore from full JoSD.

The only downside is armor defense can get easily debuffed or even purged, while defense level can only be debuffed by seeker and it's not that much, also JoSD reduced both magic and physical, that's why I guess it's still favorite, unless we can get a huge amount of armor defense which without buff is almost impossible.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the interesting maths b:thanks

The only real flaw in the workings is your solely looking at physical damage, which I guess is on topic since we're discussing Auerlius who is Arcane.

I'm biased being LA so we get crappy mdef and pdef so JoSD is the best defensive option as we are susceptible to both forms of damage. Also I always tend to look at unbuffed stats as in most fights/mass pvp you are likely to be purged in some way, which is when dying becomes a real threat.

Solely looking at the damage reduction for physical though, it's interesting that the pdef makes that much of a difference but I guess it's quite obvious as nowadays most peoples attack lvls far outstrip opponents defence lvls.

One question for Auerlius then, what lvl is your primal defence passive, as that has a potential to max at 56%, for example I believe my current pdef is 13.5k unbuffed (Mdef neck pdef ring r9r ring +12) with lvl 5 def passive 40% increase i.e. w/o passive I would be sitting at just under 10k pdef. Which I think translates at 7% extra damage reduction when unbuffed.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Oh I see, thanks for providing the maths that was quite an interesting read :o
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yea, I also agree JoSD is still the best especially for LA, because it reduces both magic/physical damage, and like you said, purge is very likely to happen in mass pvp and only one class can debuff defense level so defense level can be said more reliable.

The explanation I wrote above also applies to magic too, it goes through the same calculation.

In many calculations I have been doing a lot, 1% of armor reduction could worth around 8 defense level, give or take. It varies wildly though, depends on our gears and our target's gear.

We can also use effective HP ( or survival index ) to score our char build, and see how much the score improves if using different shards or acquiring new passives or anything that adds survivability. It's easier without too many calculations involved and can be done easily in excel.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    In many calculations I have been doing a lot, 1% of armor reduction could worth around 8 defense level, give or take. It varies wildly though, depends on our gears and our target's gear.

Yep, that would vary considerably depending on the attackers attacks lvls, and unbuffed at that ratio wow my primal passive is like having 56 more defence lvls!!

Also I asked the same question to Desdi a while back, you mentioned something about 95% damage reduction, I thought the cap was 90% and haven't seen anywhere that it has been raised to 95%?
    We can also use effective HP ( or survival index ) to score our char build, and see how much the score improves if using different shards or acquiring new passives or anything that adds survivability. It's easier without too many calculations involved and can be done easily in excel.

The omniscient Asterelle and their Socket Calculator is a really good tool for quickly checking out survival indices.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • freygin
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yep, that would vary considerably depending on the attackers attacks lvls, and unbuffed at that ratio wow my primal passive is like having 56 more defence lvls!!
    Similar to the example above comparing Auerlius and Eoria's build, Auerlius is sharded with 44 defense level while Eoria has 6.2% more armor damage reduction, and Eoria can tank physical damage better. 44/6.2=7 defense level, with the more reduction Eoria has, I'd say it's as good as close to 8 or could be more.
    Also I asked the same question to Desdi a while back, you mentioned something about 95% damage reduction, I thought the cap was 90% and haven't seen anywhere that it has been raised to 95%?
    The 95% cap was raised with this Horizon update, I read it somewhere in the long discussion thread about it before the update got here, so I believe it's been raised.
    The omniscient Asterelle and their Socket Calculator is a really good tool for quickly checking out survival indices.
    I use it too and it's great, I also made a simpler one in excel to keep track on any little change on my own character and see how much it's increased.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wow, your physical defense is quite high, Eoria, even without any buff at all, you already have 13043, could you please post your fully buffed char info ? with bm and nw buff, or you could just write the values fully buffed, it's ok without SS, also how much pdef with sage vanguard (if you're sage cleric)

I'm obviously demon if you just checked my skillbars, but here you go.

w/ level 11 barb buff and sage bell: http://imageshack.com/a/img203/4046/z7zh.png
    w/ demon stream: http://imageshack.com/a/img854/49/ldqn.png

With demon bell, it's 24475.
    I think JoSD is becoming obsolete if armor defense is getting bigger and bigger.

Nah. There's a pretty marked difference between having jades and not having any at all. Like, my survivability goes up quite a bit just by equipping my def level wep which is about the equivalent of three pieces jaded. If I had a couple pieces sharded with jades instead and made up the pdef elsewhere via Cube neck upgrade/refines on rings, it'd be a lot better 'cause then I could stick to puri wep in the few situations where I still use def level wep over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm obviously demon if you just checked my skillbars, but here you go.

w/ level 11 barb buff and sage bell: http://imageshack.com/a/img203/4046/z7zh.png
    w/ demon stream: http://imageshack.com/a/img854/49/ldqn.png

With demon bell, it's 24475.

Nah. There's a pretty marked difference between having jades and not having any at all. Like, my survivability goes up quite a bit just by equipping my def level wep which is about the equivalent of three pieces jaded. If I had a couple pieces sharded with jades instead and made up the pdef elsewhere via Cube neck upgrade/refines on rings, it'd be a lot better 'cause then I could stick to puri wep in the few situations where I still use def level wep over it.

nice gear, so do you think improving the cards for more pdef is really what i need to do?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    nice gear, so do you think improving the cards for more pdef is really what i need to do?

I'd honestly like to see a pwcalc of your gear. I took a look at Aeliah's most recent vid and it looks like he has about 23k HP buffed? Your stats should be about equal to his if you're as geared as you say you are.

But anyway, yeah. Good cards in the Longevity/Durability/Soulprime/Lifeprime slots are probably going to be the most useful for you atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur
    Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Or if your looking for defence just get the passive, pointing something out not sure if anyone has yet, but it looks like your just trying to survive being killed by a sin and not actually trying to kill them.

The video never showed Torrahs buffs but from the stats they arent even using chill but have 18k hp unbuffed? b:shocked Either way a 18k hp sin you should be able to 1 or 2 hit after deaden and or charm ticks. Just pop a vacuity after plume shell and watch them drop b:laugh My wife 1 hits our friend whos full r9 14k hp/40def level sin and shes only +10 on her glaive
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'd honestly like to see a pwcalc of your gear. I took a look at Aeliah's most recent vid and it looks like he has about 23k HP buffed? Your stats should be about equal to his if you're as geared as you say you are.

But anyway, yeah. Good cards in the Longevity/Durability/Soulprime/Lifeprime slots are probably going to be the most useful for you atm.

He has it linked on this post.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    the thread title should be changed to 'Critique my cleric' >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    He has it linked on this post.

That's the PWCN R9rr though, which doesn't exist here, thus the calculator is highly inaccurate. You have to pick the right pieces and manually add the bonuses.