Demon Redstone Wenomworm assessment

2»

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014

I think it's the jump spin during cast. I wonder if that's viewable to other players as well.

It's both. Normal cast has just the typical float in air thing and the slight orange dot on the character before DoT ball and pdeff debuff appear as normal.

The greater debuff has the jump spin animation (really not something anyone but the veno themselves will catch that often) and the extra dark orange clouds around the target for a couple of seconds (which the veno themselves won't catch that often and even the target may not notice if they aren't looking for them).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I think it's the jump spin during cast. I wonder if that's viewable to other players as well.

Oh, that too. It looks like when it's going to be the strong debuff, the veno does a spin while jumping, on the regular debuff she just jumps. I think the spin could be noticeable for the veno, and the orange clouds to the defender.

Even though there is a way to tell the difference I wouldn't downgrade my skill because all those primal passives make people more resistant debuffs except to vanilla ironwood because vanilla ironwood drops defense to zero.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, it's not worth losing Ironwood.

I had no spare time/money and wasn't willing to go through changing cultivations and buying skills, farming Primals again etc when I started realising the loss. Although, I had free time in August and I could have done it then, I missed my opportunity and now I don't have much free time again and I'm losing my interest in playing so I can't be bothered (mostly around for friends and the occasional fun TW/NW.)

I try to make use of what I have and take advantage of what Redstone has to offer. I mean it's not a bad skill, really, but it just doesn't compare 180% debuff vs. pure 0 phys.defence.

If we get another skill update to old classes or something I might be interested in again, I think I'll go through the process when I have holidays. I'm not really interested in the new upcoming classes (I'll try them a little but that's it) and it doesn't seem like we're getting much besides them.

Phew... I started rambling. Anyway, I think I'll update my description to mention it. I still can't believe I never noticed it considering I've been using the skill for so long but I guess it's pretty subtle if you're not really paying attention.

EDIT: I looked at this video and it doesn't seem like there's a casting animation difference. Does it only work on player targets? Hmm I need to look into it some more.
    Maybe it was just animation lag in my video? A quick look through my PvP videos shows the animation being the same whenever I cast it but I'll check it again to make sure later.

EDIT 2: Confirmed - No change in casting animation. I suppose I had a minor delay/lag of sorts when I recorded my video. I dueled again and I saw no difference when casting so the only difference remains the orange-clouds when having the 180% debuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2014

EDIT 2: Confirmed - No change in casting animation. I suppose I had a minor delay/lag of sorts when I recorded my video. I dueled again and I saw no difference when casting so the only difference remains the orange-clouds when having the 180% debuff.

Thanks for the update
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Ah.... so we have a really bad visual indication that's likely not something to notice.

Just another reason to avoid getting it for demons, I suppose.
    (Insert fancy image here)