New Skills

Nudimmud - Lost City
Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Seeker
So, I'm looking for opinions on the new combo skills. AKA, do you plan to get them or not and why or why not.

Still working on my opinion.

By the way, only talking about these skills.

ΦGravel Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 75
Channel 0.3 seconds
Cast 0.7 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
Combine multiple techniques into a single, massive
blow against your enemy. Deals 110% of base physical
damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1650.

Has a 65% chance to apply the Spirit Bore status,
causing your ●Gemini Slash to deal an additional
7950 Metal damage and reduce the target's Attack
and Defense Levels by 10 for 3 minutes.

Has a 25% chance to apply the
Bloodletting status, causing your
●Stalagstrike to deal an additional 3750
damage and stun the target for 3 seconds.

Sage version deals an additional 550 damage.
Sage version has a 65% chance to apply Spirit Bore.
Sage version has a 25% chance to apply Bloodletting.

ΩGravel Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 75
Channel 0.3 seconds
Cast 0.7 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of the Void
Combine multiple techniques into a single, massive
blow against your enemy. Deals 110% of base physical
damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1100.

Has a 50% chance to apply the Spirit Bore status,
causing your ○Gemini Slash to deal an additional
7950 Metal damage and reduce the target's Attack
and Defense Levels by 10 for 3 minutes.

Has a 20% chance to apply the
Bloodletting status, causing your
○Stalagstrike to deal an additional 3750
damage and stun the target for 3 seconds.

Demon version has a 20% chance to generate an additional 50 Chi.
Demon version reduces Attack and Defense levels by 12 with Spirit Bore.
Demon version stuns targets for 4 seconds with Bloodletting.

ΦWind Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 70
Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 0.8 seconds
Cooldown 2.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
Slash through your enemy with a swift, powerful attack,
dealing 110% of base physical damage plus 100% of weapon
damage plus 1815. Has a 40% chance to deal an additional
2060 damage, immobilize the target for 3 seconds, and
reduces the target's Defense Level by 20 for 8 seconds.

Sage version reduces the cooldown by 1 seconds.
Sage version has a 40% chance to deal additional damage.

ΩWind Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 70
Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 0.6 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of the Void
Slash through your enemy with a swift, powerful attack,
dealing 110% of base physical damage plus 100% of weapon
damage plus 1815. Has a 30% chance to deal an additional
2060 damage, immobilize the target for 4 seconds, and
reduces the target's Defense Level by 20 for 8 seconds.

Demon version reduces the cast time by 0.2 seconds.
Demon version immobilizes the target for 4 seconds.

ΦGlowing Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 80
Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 1.3 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Celestial Sage
Charge your weapon with mystical
light to strike a deadly blow
against your enemy. Deals 110% of
base physical damage plus 100% of
weapon damage plus 3520 as Metal
damage. Increases Threat. Has a 20%
chance to apply the Disarmed status
for 10 seconds, causing your Arme Nier
to deal an additional 4080 damage and
remove the target's weapon for 6 seconds.

Sage version deals an additional 660 damage.

ΩGlowing Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 80
Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 1.3 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 15
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Celestial Demon
Charge your weapon with mystical
light to strike a deadly blow
against your enemy. Deals 110% of
base physical damage plus 100% of
weapon damage plus 2860 as Metal
damage. Increases Threat. Has a 20%
chance to apply the Disarmed status
for 10 seconds, causing your Arme Nier
to deal an additional 4080 damage and
remove the target's weapon for 6 seconds.

Demon version generates 15 Chi.
Post edited by Nudimmud - Lost City on

Comments

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Getting these skills will make applying the pre-debuffs a lot easier, while also doing more damage than auto attacks (remember, you used to auto attack to apply the debuffs faster, and autos aren't really seeker's forte). Furthermore, if you eliminate stances, you can in theory apply multiple pre-debuffs at once. For example, you apply the pre-debuff for stun, then the pre-debuff for disable weapon, then you hit arme nier to disable their weapon, then several seconds later, stalagstrike to stun them, then perhaps another arme neir to disable their weapon again... no stance switching needed! This could allow seekers to gain the cc they've always lacked.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    demon just got an WHOLE lot better is all i gotta say :D
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Getting these skills will make applying the pre-debuffs a lot easier, while also doing more damage than auto attacks (remember, you used to auto attack to apply the debuffs faster, and autos aren't really seeker's forte). Furthermore, if you eliminate stances, you can in theory apply multiple pre-debuffs at once. For example, you apply the pre-debuff for stun, then the pre-debuff for disable weapon, then you hit arme nier to disable their weapon, then several seconds later, stalagstrike to stun them, then perhaps another arme neir to disable their weapon again... no stance switching needed! This could allow seekers to gain the cc they've always lacked.

Honestly if seekers are getting more CC, nerf their damage for christ sakes.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    im mostly annoyed here with the fact you wont be able anymore to aoe parchedbladed stance or soulsever minuet b:angry
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • BuddhaRage - Sanctuary
    BuddhaRage - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    that person is just making it sound like its better than it already is by taking examples that cant be applied if the right things and timing arent in place. aka the perfect scenario. The fact is, you will most likely see seekers not very happy about the skill updates as theirs can be pretty easily counter acted with the other class skills that came up.
    b:surrender If you see this post then that means Deceptistar, being the tard' I am, posted on the wrong account b:surrender
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You're worried about seekers?

You're really not gonna like the new skills for Wizards and Psychics then...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    b:surrender rethough those merges over, only real lost of them is the aoe stun and aoe soulsever debuff, because this clear up a lot the problem we had at havign a stance and trying to apply the effect of heartseeker and ion spike. And for the 'gain of CC', its not as big as it seem, because of the simple fact only one damage skill will be able to place the debuff to use said CC. the % chance to place the debuff on parched and duelist glee are low enough that we cannot chain lock an opponent. Could almost say we lost some capacity to CC to only have it compensated by the ability to have more available in our combos.
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After really thinking about these skills. I'm probably not going to get them as they eliminate our quantity of useful skills with no major benefit.

I will rather keep our quantity of skills because as of right now they are perfectly timed for complete aoe combo's and ranged combo's without running out of skills. By combining them, I will be having skill gaps where I have nothing off cooldown and ready to use in such scenarios. Thus, the cost here is definitely outweighing the benefit.

Also, compared to the awesome skills most other classes are getting, we really got screwed. These skills really do nothing to fix seekers weaknesses or make them better. The perfect timing required for these will never happen in pk, and if it does you're amazingly lucky.
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hey guys i ahvent actully played for awhile but with a new update comes a new reason to play so i was wondering if anyone could tell me which skills combine into each of these or could link me to something that has info on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    After really thinking about these skills. I'm probably not going to get them as they eliminate our quantity of useful skills with no major benefit.

I will rather keep our quantity of skills because as of right now they are perfectly timed for complete aoe combo's and ranged combo's without running out of skills. By combining them, I will be having skill gaps where I have nothing off cooldown and ready to use in such scenarios. Thus, the cost here is definitely outweighing the benefit.

Also, compared to the awesome skills most other classes are getting, we really got screwed. These skills really do nothing to fix seekers weaknesses or make them better. The perfect timing required for these will never happen in pk, and if it does you're amazingly lucky.

hmm, none of our actual damage skill are merged together. each fo the merged skill are a damage skill +a stance. our actual cooldown dont change at all for fighting
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I agree with this. I've already reincarnated for the damage bonus but I don't plan on merging any skills anytime soon. The only skills I will go for though are extreme sac slash and probably quid, after I'm done getting the passives. One thing that did surprise me was that it felt like I was doing lower damage than before despite having about 2k more base damage along with the damage passive (tested it on mobs with 0 def or level ?'s, so I'm not entirely sure it's based on the level)... Though I suppose the only way to confirm it would be to hit 103 again.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with this. I've already reincarnated for the damage bonus but I don't plan on merging any skills anytime soon. The only skills I will go for though are extreme sac slash and probably quid, after I'm done getting the passives. One thing that did surprise me was that it felt like I was doing lower damage than before despite having about 2k more base damage along with the damage passive (tested it on mobs with 0 def or level ?'s, so I'm not entirely sure it's based on the level)... Though I suppose the only way to confirm it would be to hit 103 again.
    same. I might get the 3debuff one tho cause it seems useful at least in NW bridgebattle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited December 2013
    same. I might get the 3debuff one tho cause it seems useful at least in NW bridgebattle.

Generally it does seem better mainly because it works for water and wood skills too then... but I don't really know if I'll appreciate the lack of soulshatter especially having it sage :/.
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    im mostly annoyed here with the fact you wont be able anymore to aoe parchedbladed stance or soulsever minuet b:angry

This is exactly what bothers me if i could aoe it i would so be getting this
  • ZadkieI - Lost City
    ZadkieI - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Generally it does seem better mainly because it works for water and wood skills too then... but I don't really know if I'll appreciate the lack of soulshatter especially having it sage :/.

yea really Chaos blade seems like a damn joke if you have sage debuffs since the damage from both Heart and Soulshatter are more than that 50% it gave you now if they made it apply to pvp that would be worth it but no it still says non player target i really dont see the point in getting it the crit rate increase in mind shatter sage is 50% so its really only taking away... which is really sad to call this an "upgrade" as for the others pve wise gravel blade kinda sucks for mobs but bosses its fine you can metal debuff and gemini debuff, that cool pvp wise i find them way better you easily keep someone fully debuffed and hell even stun/ freeze locked now, glow blade is the only one im wondering about but i'll probably upgrade that as well because you can just spam the three skills that get these debuffs added to them
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited January 2014
    yea really Chaos blade seems like a damn joke if you have sage debuffs since the damage from both Heart and Soulshatter are more than that 50% it gave you now if they made it apply to pvp that would be worth it but no it still says non player target i really dont see the point in getting it the crit rate increase in mind shatter sage is 50% so its really only taking away... which is really sad to call this an "upgrade" as for the others pve wise gravel blade kinda sucks for mobs but bosses its fine you can metal debuff and gemini debuff, that cool pvp wise i find them way better you easily keep someone fully debuffed and hell even stun/ freeze locked now, glow blade is the only one im wondering about but i'll probably upgrade that as well because you can just spam the three skills that get these debuffs added to them

Actually, the skills description is a bit tricky here. If you take for example sage heart shatter, you'd believe it's a 65% increase because the skill already shows the percent with the sage bonus added to it. It's a bit easy to tell by level 10 heart shatter being 30%, and level 11 being 35% (I'm talking about sole level 11 bonus, you can see it on demon heartshatter in this case). There'd be no reason for the sage one to have a higher level 11 base damage, that's why it's surely 50%.

As for sage mind shatter, same story. I also believe the crit bonus from this can't possily be just like adding 50% to your current crit. It would of made crits way more noticeable, but that's far from the case here. I'm guessing it works as a percent of your base / actual crit rate added to it.

The reason I don't like Chaos Blade sage wise (by the way, chaos blade's 50% increase is also part of the tricky descriptions I mentioned, it's 50%, not 100%) is because I tend to work with psys/wizards in instances and usually soulshatter alone is enough to take bosses down pretty fast if you don't have APS characters on the run. It goes as far as 2 shotting lunar bosses really. Chaos Blade might possibly be better for a long fight, depending on whether having 50% the whole time is overall better than the 160 seconds during which you won't have 150%. The crit increases alone wouldn't make me keep sepparate shatters, because as I mentioned it's not as good as it seems. Chaos Blade is basically heart shatter with it's bonus, mind shatter given damage, and soulshatter with longer duration and nerfed damage. Crit being taken from all of these, of course.

Then again, it's just my opinion. I tend to solo a lot (by a lot I mean pretty much everything xD) nowadays so I'm not too bothered by that skill. Could get it, wouldn't notice a difference until I used it for something besides the heart shatter.

As for the stance merger skills.... Trade the ability to mark with more skills / normal attack / aoe mark (/ bit more control in northern sky's case) for not needing to swap stances, being able to use stance effects while keeping 100% rate on heartseeker and ion spike. This is preference based, in fact Chaos blade is aswell. Maybe your choice will be easier if you know what the exact trade is here.

Edit: My bad, I forgot to mention anything about demons ._.

This would be based on a few searches alone, I haven't played a demon seeker but I did have a good look at the skills when I made the culti choice. It seems Chaos Blade demon wise keeps 15% crit and gives 20% damage increase, in mind shatter's case and still a loss for soulshatter , with heart shatter staying the same as level 11. Honestly this one looks even worse than the sage one because of the way crit is applied.

For the stance mergers, it's pretty much the same thing I said about sage.

I also have a question to demon seekers out there regarding one skill:

ΩQuid Pro Quo

Range 28 Meters
    Mana 330
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 30 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Master of Discord
    Redirect the flow of magic from you to your enemy, transferring up to 10 negative
    status effects from yourself to your target, and silencing the target for 1 seconds.

Demon version also stuns the target for 4 seconds.

Is that a description error?
  • FrostyII - Raging Tide
    FrostyII - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014

ΩQuid Pro Quo

Range 28 Meters
    Mana 330
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 30 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Redirect the flow of magic from you to your enemy, transferring up to 10 negative
    status effects from yourself to your target, and silencing the target for 1 seconds.

As far as i'm aware, it is an error, as the Demon version of Quid Pro immobilizes the target for that long.
    I have the Sage version of the new Quid, as far as I know all it does is adds a new animation, and makes it pretty much Insta-cast. No cooldown changes or anything. I must say I like the new animation. However i'm not sure if it's the same for Sage and Demon.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited January 2014
    As far as i'm aware, it is an error, as the Demon version of Quid Pro immobilizes the target for that long.
    I have the Sage version of the new Quid, as far as I know all it does is adds a new animation, and makes it pretty much Insta-cast. No cooldown changes or anything. I must say I like the new animation. However i'm not sure if it's the same for Sage and Demon.

I'm aware of what demon quid does, but seeing the new skills for other classes and what was thought to be a description error in their case I'd still want to confirm it.
  • khal2
    khal2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

ΩQuid Pro Quo

Range 28 Meters
    Mana 330
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 30 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Blade or Sword

I just got QPQ on my demon seeker and can confirm that it does not stun. It is just a 4 second immobilize like demon QPQ.