A few questions

Exiirah - Lost City
Exiirah - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Seeker
Hi all,

Now I've been away for .. well, I believe a little more than a year at this point and the last I remember seekers weren't particularly needed for most endgame instances other than being a semi-tank and/or walking vortex. (not to mention being excluded from nirvana for the most
part.)

Of course, that is only just what I remember. It might have been different for others.

But has any of this changed? Are we needed? I did read up about the new skills, but has that impacted our role in a squad?

Many thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Exiirah - Lost City on

Comments

• bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just a quick update and let the rest do their part.

Nirvana is dead now. No one doing it even the 99 key quest. WHY? because you can farm uncanny and rap on event called Nation War (NW). You can also buy Rap = 89k each , Uncanny = 19k (on my server).
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi all,

Now I've been away for .. well, I believe a little more than a year at this point and the last I remember seekers weren't particularly needed for most endgame instances other than being a semi-tank and/or walking vortex. (not to mention being excluded from nirvana for the most
    part.)

Of course, that is only just what I remember. It might have been different for others.

But has any of this changed? Are we needed? I did read up about the new skills, but has that impacted our role in a squad?

Many thanks.
    End game instances like SOT/ ABA now have a maximum capacity of 10 players, seekers can join this end game instances.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Walking vortex sounds like it for the most part, new Abaddon has a few places where constant aoe helps finish the job faster, not as much in new SoT, but it's also helpful there.

While people don't do Nirvana anymore I know seekers used to be an awesome boost in Caster squads in the past so I can't say we used to be excluded.

Either way, if we're talking about actual "need" (as in, cleric/barb type of need) then no, there's not really a reason a squad without a seeker won't be able to do an instance but this mostly applies to all classes (less for healers) due to the progression gear has made.

Main reasons one would want a seeker in squad would be for shatters, sac slash + crimson soul powder + qpq combo for a single target "HF", aoes, tanking or other such things. Some high-level instances now allow 10 player squads to go in aswell so there's a lot more room for us than before which is also why you won't really run into people that reject us anymore.

Regarding new skills, if you mean morai stuff then 2 of them are mostly pvp based (transposition and radiant sight);

one's a buff and debuff that works in both pve and pvp (sacrificial slash, you can boost this further by casting it with a def level sword and blessing and then using quid pro quo to send the debuff to your target, and switching back to attack mode);

another one can be a distraction most of the time in pvp but would really benefit if it was the advanced version for one spark cost instead of 2. It also works in pve pretty well for boss DDing (angels/archangels of justice).

Lastly we have blood-thirsty blitz, you could use this as an emergency heal in pvp but it's far more useful in pve due to not only the heal but the aggro it gives you, seeing as with this skill we've got 2 aggro skills in total.

If they changed anything? Doubtful.. it's a bit easier to hold aggro as a tank indeed, and we also have a pretty debuff to boost the whole squad on a boss or something but it's not a huge change overall.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    I don't have any issues getting squads on mine. People have started to realize the benefits we can bring to a squad.

Also, what bangis2010 said... Nirvana is dead. NW pretty much killed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Noobs are always asking for derpavortex for anything involving more than 4-5 mobs.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Noobs are always asking for derpavortex for anything involving more than 4-5 mobs.

This. And I personally dislike most vortex use.

90% of seekers are poorly played, and even when they're played well the seeker doesn't get the credit.

The biggest things we bring to the table are our stances and shatters. These reduce boss attack/def levels making it easier for sins to tank and having a big impact on other debuffs and amps. We also have Sacrificial Slash which can be QpQ'd onto a boss for major defense reduction. All together we're one of the best debuffers in the game but in general the community has yet to full realize it. -10 def levels on the boss as well as +5 def levels on a sins weapon mean we probably aren't going to tank but we will help the (Sin)tank survive situations he normally couldn't.

PWI introduce a new buff about a year ago that reduces all melee auto attack damage by about 85% on the new Seat and Aba bosses. For this, skill spam is the way to go. Our shatters make skill spam damage huge and these bosses really quick.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory