New High level seeker PvP Vids.

csyko
csyko Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Seeker
Been around for a long time, and just figured I'd start recording some of the exciting PvP i come across daily.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDFS35udTcN_fIJqLNfxT5g?feature=watch

There's the channel, go check it out. I'm pretty sure I'm the hardest hitting seeker on Harshlands. With damage test numbers of 3.3m+ and one hitting 3rd cast barbs for upwards of 60k. And I aint even close to my final gear yet. Enjoy!
Post edited by csyko on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...why did you walk away from the wizard when it was at like 2% hp?

also lol soul of fire when wizzie didn't even drop genie spark
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • csyko
    edited November 2013

I think I had a bit of a lag spike or something at that point in the video because i was clicking something and it wasnt going through.

As far as spark combo is concerned, you need to use soul of fire early just in case the wizard uses it at the very last second. This was the first time I've actually 1v1'd MiraJane though so tbh I didn't know if he relied on that combo as much as most other wizards do. Better safe than sorry right!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    wizzie didn't even sutra
    Channels

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Because he's somewhat noble and realized that she healed HIM, the seeker, not herself. In other words, she ran into the problem every cleric and mystic who pvps deals with on a regular basis: PROTECTIONS were OFF. Ah... but I couldn't expect a non-healer to recognize this ;o

In other news, ah... *cough*, this fight was kinda... amusing. I have to think that either they were both goofing off, or that they are not very experienced. And I don't mean that they haven't done some pvp before, but neither seeker nor wizard have reached close to the level of competency I see in some other youtuber's videos.

Still, I applaud the effort to make the movie. Its good to have a record to look back on---if you are anything like me, you'll occasionally go through your old videos and think, gosh, I've gotten so much better than I used to be. Its nice to get a sense of how much you've improved.

Also the graphics are really pretty in max... can you play with max everywhere? If yes, TW vids plox!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    csyko wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'm the hardest hitting seeker on Harshlands. With damage test numbers of 3.3m+ and one hitting 3rd cast barbs for upwards of 60k. And I aint even close to my final gear yet. Enjoy!

Mind showing a calc with gear and build then? When you say 3.3m+ it makes me curious if it's due to skill or gear. Nonetheless my last damage test showed numbers around 3.4, it'd be funny enough if there's another seeker like that around :D.

The videos were okay, I've got a question in mind though.. It seemed really slow to me, now I know it was in real time which is exactly what I'm referring to. Do male seekers do animations slower or something? It's not the first time I notice that so now I'm really curious..
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    I think that he seemed slow because it was slow. But I doubt that the skill animation was slower... I imagine it had more to do with the intervals of time between skills.

He was clicking through his skills, and there would be pauses between skills because he wasn't moving his mouse fast enough. Ever since I adopted a more hotkey-oriented playstyle, I find that those awkward gaps where I don't use any skills have disappeared. In a pure click style, you cannot click a genie skill and a class skill, so to click genie you briefly, no matter how fast you click, stop using skills.

This isn't a recommendation to just seekers, but to anybody reading this. If you haven't yet done so, consider going into the hotkey menu (default key is 'k' unless you already modified that), and remap your hotkeys to allow your left hand (which pretty much every player keeps on the keyboard due to wasd movment) to access many hotkeys, such as q, e, r, t, f, g, h, c, v, and b. (This especially applies to people with shorter fingers/small f1-f6 hotkeys that are hard to reach and accurately hit.) To remap the 'q' key, say, you go to the hotkey menu, find what q ordinarily maps to (quest window) then, say, map it to alt+q (press alt and q keys down at same time). I did this for all of those keys I listed above, so that to open quest window I press alt+q, to open skill menu I press alt+r, etc etc. This is ok, because rarely do you need to open these windows quickly anyways, and besides, your left hand thumb rests very near the alt key, so hitting alt is no great difficulty.

With the q, e, r, (etc) hotkeys freed up, I now change the f1 through f9 keys into those keys around my left hand. My plume shot skill is q, my wield thunder is e, my cyclone is r, and elven boon is t, for example. If you, like me, used to click almost everything except 1-5, you'll be in for a world of pleasure once you adapt to having 17 skills one hotkey press away. Much better reaction times, ability to use more skills at same time as using genie skill/apoth, etc etc.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Medaka - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Oddly enough I am one of those people that click more than half of their skills and I've never had the problems you're mentioning once. I don't stop to cast genie skills because most of the time I use them during the cast of another skill which both were clicked on. Though, I guess some people will prefer your style, as everyone has a (different) way they play which suits them best.

And I guess the slowness did come from delay between casting skills, it's been years since I've had to play with that much of a delay but I do know how annoying it can be.
  • csyko
    edited November 2013
    Mind showing a calc with gear and build then? When you say 3.3m+ it makes me curious if it's due to skill or gear. Nonetheless my last damage test showed numbers around 3.4, it'd be funny enough if there's another seeker like that around :D.

The videos were okay, I've got a question in mind though.. It seemed really slow to me, now I know it was in real time which is exactly what I'm referring to. Do male seekers do animations slower or something? It's not the first time I notice that so now I'm really curious..

Actually, better yet, ill try and show my gear in my next vid. But I can tell you, im not full JOSD yet and I dont even have the NW tome. When im done, I'll be going for 4m.
    I think that he seemed slow because it was slow. But I doubt that the skill animation was slower... I imagine it had more to do with the intervals of time between skills.

I've never been into hotkeys. I think it'd mess me up more than clicking, and sometimes I simply do just pause because im waiting to see what my opponent does. No need to spam skills non stop for no reason. Once in a while you just gotta wait and see.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Actually, better yet, ill try and show my gear in my next vid. But I can tell you, im not full JOSD yet and I dont even have the NW tome. When im done, I'll be going for 4m.

I can almost bet that compared to my gear or build yours is still ways better. I've got my own endgame goal too, and when I'm done, I'll be going for 5m ;). <obviously I have no clue if 5m is the highest that build can hit actually

I've never been into hotkeys. I think it'd mess me up more than clicking, and sometimes I simply do just pause because im waiting to see what my opponent does. No need to spam skills non stop for no reason. Once in a while you just gotta wait and see.

Actually there is a reason and it's called pressuring your opponent. It also means that you have to be able to think of the next move while spamming those insignificant skills. The time in which you don't attack because you're analyzing the situation is also the time in which your opponent can do the same. Sometimes waiting is good though, most of the time it happens when I don't want to tick someone's charm just yet, but if I'm waiting for cooldowns I gotta keep them busy somehow.
  • csyko
    edited November 2013
    Actually there is a reason and it's called pressuring your opponent. It also means that you have to be able to think of the next move while spamming those insignificant skills. The time in which you don't attack because you're analyzing the situation is also the time in which your opponent can do the same. Sometimes waiting is good though, most of the time it happens when I don't want to tick someone's charm just yet, but if I'm waiting for cooldowns I gotta keep them busy somehow.

It really depends on who you're fighting in my opinion. Different classes require different approaches. Trust me, there will be many more fights to come. I just wish I had a lot of past fights recorded. Ill have to go back and challenge some of those people. :P
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited November 2013
    It really depends on who you're fighting in my opinion. Different classes require different approaches. Trust me, there will be many more fights to come. I just wish I had a lot of past fights recorded. Ill have to go back and challenge some of those people. :P

Yeah, if you're fighting someone that doesn't Only rely on gear or not :D. I'm more interested in the gear/build that you don't consider close to final yet.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Great video man. Your tactic pretty much involves playing defense with r8r and blessing, and filling up your chi, while ur opponent wastes theirs. Then you use sac. slash + r9r when ur ready for a combo. This is a pretty safe way to play the seeker and this is a great tactic against powerful opponents.

Other tactics you could have used:
    You have Eruption fist on your genie, this is a great skill, if you wanted to you could have spammed this skill, while u were playing defense. No one would be able to kill you while you are in defense, and you could pretty much just keep spamming eruption fist until they get purge.

Nother good tactic. Hop on your flyer, fly up a little, use Tranposition, then void step. Your opponent will be stuck in the air for 3sec, then just wait for him or her to start falling, and right before he/her hits the floor use heartseeker. They will be glitched in the sky for atleast 7seconds, and unless they have faith, there's nothing they can do. This is a great opportunity to sac slash, edgeblur... and if you have occult ice on ur genie, you could use it right before heartseeker disappears and you add an extra 6-8 seconds to the glitch. This will usually catch people by surprise, and the only way they can escape the 14-17sec freeze is with faith or purify proc. It's also really easy to do, and pretty cool when you kill someone that way :D
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Great video man. Your tactic pretty much involves playing defense with r8r and blessing, and filling up your chi, while ur opponent wastes theirs. Then you use sac. slash + r9r when ur ready for a combo. This is a pretty safe way to play the seeker and this is a great tactic against powerful opponents.

You have Eruption fist on your genie, this is a great skill, if you wanted to you could have spammed this skill, while u were playing defense. No one would be able to kill you while you are in defense, and you could pretty much just keep spamming eruption fist until they get purge.

Nother good tactic. Hop on your flyer, fly up a little, use Tranposition, then void step. Your opponent will be stuck in the air for 3sec, then just wait for him or her to start falling, and right before he/her hits the floor use heartseeker. They will be glitched in the sky for atleast 7seconds, and unless they have faith, there's nothing they can do. This is a great opportunity to sac slash, edgeblur... and if you have occult ice on ur genie, you could use it right before heartseeker disappears and you add an extra 6-8 seconds to the glitch. This will usually catch people by surprise, and the only way they can escape the 14-17sec freeze is with faith or purify proc. It's also really easy to do, and pretty cool when you kill someone that way :D

Good tactics in all but Remove Paralysis also works against that trick c:. I had a few fights versus r9 barbs a while back in which I only used the r8r sword for funnies, everytime they sparked it would end with them being frozen in air :>.
  • csyko
    edited November 2013

Thanks man, appreciate it. Yes it's a fairly safe tactic against most people. About eruption fist, I don't like using it in those types of fights given the damage potential of my opponents, I could be caught in a bad situation where my genie hasnt regened up enough for me to use AD. For me eruption fist is very situational, but it is definitely handy to have against some people.

Lol at the third part, yes ive done that a few times. It's amusing, but I can never seem to fit that into my PvP style most times. Transposition is actually still somewhat new to me(from having quit for several months and not working on morai), so I haven't grown accustom to it yet. Still more of a 'troll' skill to me lol.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with Aeliah, there were a ton of mistakes on both sides in the video. I'm also of the opinion that someone clicking the majority of their skills are just handicapping themselves.. using hotkeys (especially remapped hotkeys) is a very easy way to significantly improve how well you do in pk. Faster reaction times, faster combos, more time to watch an opponent's buffs rather than following the cursor (knowing where to stop).. the list goes on and on. There is absolutely no advantage to clicking all of your skills, and several advantages to using hotkeys.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks man, appreciate it. Yes it's a fairly safe tactic against most people. About eruption fist, I don't like using it in those types of fights given the damage potential of my opponents, I could be caught in a bad situation where my genie hasnt regened up enough for me to use AD. For me eruption fist is very situational, but it is definitely handy to have against some people.

Lol at the third part, yes ive done that a few times. It's amusing, but I can never seem to fit that into my PvP style most times. Transposition is actually still somewhat new to me(from having quit for several months and not working on morai), so I haven't grown accustom to it yet. Still more of a 'troll' skill to me lol.
    Yea i mean the eruption fist thing work super well on a high magic vit genie, with little decent dex. That way you could use wind shield as AD replacement.
    Yea i think transposition is a great skill, it has it usefulness. You should try that transposition combo on pvp, its cool. It was slow and strange when i started doing it now it comes more instant and natural. Basicly like having an extra trick up ur sleeves when other stuff aren't working.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Believe what you want... but all of the best players I know press hotkeys. Sure, it is difficult to adapt to... it took me about a month before I became really comfortable with it. But the level of competency I have now compared to how I used to play... to my mind it just can't even be compared. And it is directly due to me being able to press more of my skills without having to move my mouse.

Fighting multiple people, for example, I can keep my mouse in the MIDDLE of the screen and click on people and instantly use a skill, instead of the whole 'click on person, move mouse back to skillbar, click skill, move mouse back to middle of screen, click somebody else, move mouse back to skillbar, click skill', I simply click person > use skill > click on another person > use skill'. Much simpler, much faster, less room for misclicks and awkward pauses.

Also when in group situations, you keep your eyes on your enemies, allowing you to notice a bad situation sooner (because you don't need to spend as much time looking at your skillbar). You'll see bms running in for hfs, archer setting up barrages, etc, a fraction of a second sooner, and that could make all the difference. I'm not saying you can't be a very fast clicker, but not matter how fast you click, you still have to look at your skillbar EVERY time you click a skill, and that takes your eyes off your enemies.

Reacting to a sudden change in the fight: I just got purged. Instead of omg move my mouse as fast as possible to... plume shell! I just press v, which means my left finger drops down 1 cm and presses. In comparison, when clicking, you have to stop moving your mouse to whatever skill you had planned to press before, look for plume shell hotkey, start moving your mouse there as fast as possible, slow it down above the correct icon, then click, making sure you've slowed your mouse tip down enough to not misclick/drag the icon. Hotkeying wins out every time by up to 1 second of reaction time.

If you don't believe that reaction time makes a difference, then you are beyond helping, lol. Reaction time is one factor that differentiates the average player from the good player. Now don't get me wrong it isn't the ONLY thing that defines a good player. Knowing what skills to press (tactical combos) and knowing how to play a fight (strategy) are important too. But without reaction time your combos won't be as deadly, your ability to avoid your enemy's combos will be reduced.

Hotkeying ftw!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• csyko
    edited November 2013
    Believe what you want... but all of the best players I know press hotkeys. Sure, it is difficult to adapt to... it took me about a month before I became really comfortable with it. But the level of competency I have now compared to how I used to play... to my mind it just can't even be compared. And it is directly due to me being able to press more of my skills without having to move my mouse.

Fighting multiple people, for example, I can keep my mouse in the MIDDLE of the screen and click on people and instantly use a skill, instead of the whole 'click on person, move mouse back to skillbar, click skill, move mouse back to middle of screen, click somebody else, move mouse back to skillbar, click skill', I simply click person > use skill > click on another person > use skill'. Much simpler, much faster, less room for misclicks and awkward pauses.

Also when in group situations, you keep your eyes on your enemies, allowing you to notice a bad situation sooner (because you don't need to spend as much time looking at your skillbar). You'll see bms running in for hfs, archer setting up barrages, etc, a fraction of a second sooner, and that could make all the difference. I'm not saying you can't be a very fast clicker, but not matter how fast you click, you still have to look at your skillbar EVERY time you click a skill, and that takes your eyes off your enemies.

Reacting to a sudden change in the fight: I just got purged. Instead of omg move my mouse as fast as possible to... plume shell! I just press v, which means my left finger drops down 1 cm and presses. In comparison, when clicking, you have to stop moving your mouse to whatever skill you had planned to press before, look for plume shell hotkey, start moving your mouse there as fast as possible, slow it down above the correct icon, then click, making sure you've slowed your mouse tip down enough to not misclick/drag the icon. Hotkeying wins out every time by up to 1 second of reaction time.

If you don't believe that reaction time makes a difference, then you are beyond helping, lol. Reaction time is one factor that differentiates the average player from the good player. Now don't get me wrong it isn't the ONLY thing that defines a good player. Knowing what skills to press (tactical combos) and knowing how to play a fight (strategy) are important too. But without reaction time your combos won't be as deadly, your ability to avoid your enemy's combos will be reduced.

Hotkeying ftw!

Well, as an "All-purpose Cleric", perhaps hotkeys are better for ya. As a pvp seeker, and PW Malaysia vet, my trigger finger is fairly well trained. It's just the way I play. So in a sense, from what you're saying, and aside from not having seen a lot of the fights I've been in, you could say, I'm a pretty damn skilled player for having beat a lot of the best on the Harshlands server...without using hotkeys.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, as an "All-purpose Cleric", perhaps hotkeys are better for ya. As a pvp seeker, and PW Malaysia vet, my trigger finger is fairly well trained. It's just the way I play. So in a sense, from what you're saying, and aside from not having seen a lot of the fights I've been in, you could say, I'm a pretty damn skilled player for having beat a lot of the best on the Harshlands server...without using hotkeys.

No, it only means you have not been playing as well as you could have been.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013

I was a good player before I started hotkeying. The added reaction time though has made me much better. I believe the same could be true for you if you give hotkeying a chance.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was a good player before I started hotkeying. The added reaction time though has made me much better. I believe the same could be true for you if you give hotkeying a chance.

You're probably not gonna be able to get through to him, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remapped hotkeys is the first thing I did on my toon. It's hardly breaking new ground although for late adopters it will certainly feel like something to be shouting from the rooftops about.

You will likely be one of these late adopters at some point when you finally drop the 'but i pro i dont need to use hotkeys' attitude.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:coolf:thanks
    Remapped hotkeys is the first thing I did on my toon. It's hardly breaking new ground although for late adopters it will certainly feel like something to be shouting from the rooftops about.

You will likely be one of these late adopters at some point when you finally drop the 'but i pro i dont need to use hotkeys' attitude.

b:avoid i lazzy i dont need use hotkeys b:avoid
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Trying out cleric with Zsw's server and I must say while having 2 rolling hotkey bars is really tough once I get used to it it will be the best **** ever

some day I will roll hotkey bars on all toons b:sad but too nab for that now
    Channels

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Hotkeying ftw!
    just use a gamepad :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • csyko
    edited December 2013
    Couple new vids up and more to come in the near future!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDFS35udTcN_fIJqLNfxT5g
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With damage test numbers of 3.3m+ and one hitting 3rd cast barbs for upwards of 60k. And I aint even close to my final gear yet. Enjoy!

Sadly he isnt joking about hitting that high on barbs all i want to know was it sparked or unsparked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • csyko
    edited December 2013
    Sadly he isnt joking about hitting that high on barbs all i want to know was it sparked or unsparked?

Unsparked I believe. I never spark in PvP.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To the hotkeying discussion going on, it depend really on personal preference but also out of habit. the ones who hotkey end up having almost a muscle memory of where their skills are and i think its a bit like that for the mouse player. my skills been at same spot on my skill bars for so long i dont need to look at them to use them. b:surrender i sometimes only realize after pressing a spot that lag made a skill change with another or get removed.

also to OP, watched your video vs that seeker, that 27k hit should have been a killer hit if you had played more aggresively, by trying to maitain his hp close to charm ticking. You kept tryign to do a 100% to 0% hp combo without first tickign the charm off, which would make it lot easier to land.
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker