Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pwi, please ban everyone who complained in this thread. b:dirty

People act like their entire world is ending because of a code that was only available for an hour -.-

Ye by all means rofl

Then there would be NOBODY left in the game and all the problems be gone xD
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ye by all means rofl

was longer then 3 hours and hope u get reset on ur gear
    Ye by all means rofl

lol and moree good ppl to share their "priceless" opions
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • _Nushi_ - Raging Tide
    _Nushi_ - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWE, should have re-enabled the compensation code and do a proper checking so that people who have redeemed won't be able to redeem again. And people who haven't redeemed yet can redeem. b:surrender
  • Selendu - Lost City
    Selendu - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Redeem System is fail, this year only there are 2 major isue with redeem system, 1st the "dreamchaser pack glitch" then this compensation redeem. also the minor isue of the annyversary code.
    Solution for future:
    1. Just remove this ***** redeem page.
    2. If you want to give player a reward or an item, just send it to the highest level char on the account, and alow that items to be put on acc stash
    3. Since no more dq point, make some in-game system that can transfer your wealty from other server to another (DQ System is the only legal way to transfer wealty). The best i think is the cross-server gold sharing. In PW Indo gold from an account is shared to all his/her char in all server.

I can understand if a game have some glitch/error, but ill not tolerate if the error come from outside game like web site, its unecesary
    [SIGPIC]BORN[/SIGPIC]
  • Mainac_sin - Lost City
    Mainac_sin - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about the people that didnt go any code compensation from all servers ? Tere many ppl from all servers have +10 , like 30-50% of servers players , dont teal me u gonna bann all thei accounts , that means alot less population on pwi
    With this solution u find last , stil not justice for players that didnt got any orb +10
    Ill stil keep dont loggin till dont find better solution !

Redeem System is fail, this year only there are 2 major isue with redeem system, 1st the "dreamchaser pack glitch" then this compensation redeem. also the minor isue of the annyversary code.
    Solution for future:
    1. Just remove this ***** redeem page.
    2. If you want to give player a reward or an item, just send it to the highest level char on the account, and alow that items to be put on acc stash
    3. Since no more dq point, make some in-game system that can transfer your wealty from other server to another (DQ System is the only legal way to transfer wealty). The best i think is the cross-server gold sharing. In PW Indo gold from an account is shared to all his/her char in all server.

I can understand if a game have some glitch/error, but ill not tolerate if the error come from outside game like web site, its unecesary

Agree with selendu
  • SuperSlushE - Raging Tide
    SuperSlushE - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow the super QQ thread of doom continues...
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    What I would think is a better solution is to send what the original Dragon Orb code gives to each account that has NOT redeemed it. It's only fair, and I know that you have an easy-to-access log of who redeemed the code, so it's easy for you to sort through that list.

You're sending items to Archosaur players individually, so we also know you have easy access to player account lists, so combining the two, it would only be fair if those that never got a chance to redeem it can get it, and the ones that did redeem it once be left alone, and all the abusers banned. That'll satisfy many people.

IMO the major problem isn't "punishing" players (though I won't be disappointed if the most egregious of them are sent to their rooms without supper for a few days). The major problem isn't even that *some* people got nothing. What made this whole situation so very bad is the inequity that was created between those who got significantly more than 1 set of rewards and those who didn't. That inequity has dramatically changed the in-game balance, and in order for the have-nots (or even the have-threes) to catch up we'd need a whole lot more than 3 orbs.

So unless the excess gains are removed, there will be no equitable solution. In other words, while some short-sighted players might be satisfied with getting a pack (hell, some will be satisfied with the 5-hyper slap in the face), I do believe the mature among us with real money to spend will not be so forgiving.

That said, I do appreciate hearing your viewpoint, Skaitavia, and it's nice to have you on our side. Thanks for modding.
  • LBastet - Raging Tide
    LBastet - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So i would like to know how long is this "ban" going to be ?
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    So i would like to know how long is this "ban" going to be ?

from whats been stated it will depend on the severity of the abuse some may be deleted out right
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Guys, stop arguing with each-other. For the abusers: yes, we are mad because you got stuff that you did not deserve, the others got nothing, and PWE is so incompetent and ignorant that it won't do anything about it.

For the others - check my previous post - just fill-up Mr Alan's mailbox, it's usually the only way this kind of companies actually end-up doing something.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Problem is UNequality ~ some players got a lot of stuff (probably the equivalent to 80 hours of game play) some players got absolutely nothing.

Suggestion: FiX Code and redeem website (so that players can redeem once) the players who already have them will not be able to reuse, and the players who don't can actually get 1 package.

Fix glitches on item redemption page, then reactivate code.

Its silly all this is directed towards one server, Did pwi even know about the 2 weeks raging tide had no faction chat? Or the 2 maintenance no one could log in for 8 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    The Problem is UNequality ~ some players got a lot of stuff (probably the equivalent to 80 hours of game play) some players got absolutely nothing.

Suggestion: FiX Code and redeem website (so that players can redeem once) the players who already have them will not be able to reuse, and the players who don't can actually get 1 package.

Its silly all this is directed towards one server, Did pwi even know about the 2 weeks raging tide had no faction chat? Or the 2 maintenance no one could log in for 8 hours.

b:thanks
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Well.. this... ^
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's get to 500 pages today!!

GOGO!f:sneaky
    Here we go again....
  • Frenrirs - Morai
    Frenrirs - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Well.. this... ^

I'm the same person.. but just to make sure you all understand.. this & that ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is how real playas level. f:laugh
    Proud Barb since 2009. b:dirty b:cool
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still waiting for an actual solution.
  • /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary
    /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE (11.25.13)

Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for players who blatantly abused the compensation code?

They will be banned.

I heard from Customer Service tickets that you are only banning players who are from Archosaur. Is this true?

No, I was confused about this when I heard about it. The customer service representatives were mis-informed on the punishment issue, and we're making sure everyone is now on the same page. We're banning players who abused the code no matter the server they are from.

What about the "targeted" compensation efforts for Archosaur only? Is that still happening?

Yes. We are getting everything set up now and verifying that it will go smoothly before we start sending in-game items to players on Archosaur. You can expect yours within the week.

Why is it Archosaur only now, and not all servers, as it was initially, when I missed my chance at the code?

First and foremost, Archosaur players were the ones we've wanted to make sure were compensated for the rollback, to the best of our ability. It was because of the rollback that we started focusing on a compensation campaign. We have 5x EXP going on for Archosaur, something we've never done before, as well as 2x EXP/SP/Drops AND Coin for all servers (also new).

Players on Archosaur now have the opportunity to gain more experience, spirit, drops, etc than they could have during the 3 days lost from the rollback, as these modifiers will be lasting into the next month. All servers were included in this decision because we wanted everyone to feel compensated for November's server connectivity issues as a whole.

(The initial compensation code for 5x HyperEXP Stones is now available for everyone: 3HTYJKE)

Following these initial actions, we still thought that for a rollback, our actions were not great enough. Many players lost refinement and thus power during the rollback, and so giving more exp/sp/drops/coins if you play wouldn't resolve their complaint.

Thus we came up with the compensation code that we all now are aware of.
    Unfortunately, because of it's abuse we've had to cancel the cross-server compensation and refocus back on the initial goal of compensating Archosaur Rollback players.

Is there anything I can receive right now?

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE

There is no shouting with this one...

-DoD

Mod edit because it appears people refuse to scroll down enough to read:
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

^This is the reason why the code is saying it has expired when you try to enter it!

Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE (11.22.13):
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or world chat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

So What about players who didnt get any orbs ?
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So What about players who didnt get any orbs ?
    Thay already said:

If you're on Arch server: you'll get something inside the mail
    If you're on another server: you can go f yourself
    End of quote
    edited November 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »
    Thay already said:

If you're on Arch server: you'll get something inside the mail
    End of quote

LOL FOR THE HYPERS ..... b:laugh They gonna get paid in hypers when most of us quit b:laugh
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    SyIver - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    What I would think is a better solution is to send what the original Dragon Orb code gives to each account that has NOT redeemed it. It's only fair, and I know that you have an easy-to-access log of who redeemed the code, so it's easy for you to sort through that list.

You're sending items to Archosaur players individually, so we also know you have easy access to player account lists, so combining the two, it would only be fair if those that never got a chance to redeem it can get it, and the ones that did redeem it once be left alone, and all the abusers banned. That'll satisfy many people.

1sth time i agree with a mod xD Well say'd, i think that will be the best solution. b:victory
    As for PWI , U can shove u're hypers from u're old code in the *** , with this thing u insulted us more then makein us happy. b:angry
    PWI i ask u how many ppl left till now? and how many will be leaveing also? and How many wont buy zen from u anymore?
  • MasterArcher - Momaganon
    MasterArcher - Momaganon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »

End of quote

Yup that just about sums it up
  • meglepke
    meglepke Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow, 5 hypers! Thx pwi for this incredible gift! Its really perfect instead of charms, orbs event golds! Yes, it was my fault why I did not get anything: I live in Europe. Its not a country, its a continent. Its very far from USA, so not being the same time-zone as u. So imagine, it was night when u posted the code, and as i have a job, i was sleeping.

Now i feel like a child. U showed me my favourite chocolate and u ate the whole while i had to see it.
    Furtunatelly i have not put any real money into the game, now u can be sure i even wont do.
    I am really surprised on ur decision but if u want to loose ur players, u are on the best way.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    22. Disclaimer of Warranties:

(b) PWE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (iii) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.

You people need to understand what a Terms of Service is and accept it as it is written, or leave because of it. Even if I disagree with whatever length the ban may be, or the fact that some of us didn't receive the original allotment of gifts, and some more than they should have, it is not up to me to decide anything other than to continue playing, or to quit and find another game (which coincidentally all share almost verbatim the same ToS).
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    i quote "thus we came up with the compensation code that we all now are aware of.
    Unfortunately, because of it's abuse we've had to cancel the cross-server compensation and refocus back on the initial goal of compensating Archosaur Rollback players."
    edited November 2013
    1sth time i agree with a mod xD Well say'd, i think that will be the best solution. b:victory
    As for PWI , U can shove u're hypers from u're old code in the *** , with this thing u insulted us more then makein us happy. b:angry
    PWI i ask u how many ppl left till now? and how many will be leaveing also? and How many wont buy zen from u anymore?

Dont worry Soon GM's gonna get their pay checks containing hypers too b:laugh
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Dont worry Soon GM's gonna get their pay checks containing hypers too b:laugh
    Not GMs, the devs , is theyr fault mostly....and i hope they choke on hypers b:laugh
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyone know if the ban is temporary or permanent?
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Anyone know if the ban is temporary or permanent?

Judgeing the past can be temporary , but till they say it u cant know or till who got ban'ed starts to cry in forums...So u have to w8 to find out.
    edited November 2013
    Not GMs, the devs , is theyr fault mostly....and i hope they choke on hypers b:laugh

Yep its Dev's fault but loss in income is for whole PWE not just Devs b:laugh
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Yep its Dev's fault but loss in income is for whole PWE not just Devs b:laugh

Well i can donate them my hypers if they want since hollydays are comeing. b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.