Barb purge is way too op

2»

Comments

• Tomstone - Harshlands
    Tomstone - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a purify proc on our weps would be nice to... but I don't think the barbs purge chance is high enough because ive only purge after a battles been going on for awhile, but to what boomz said we have no seals what so ever so if a barb ever seals you its from a genie skill that anyone can use
  • //Edwin// - Harshlands
    //Edwin// - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not most of the barb have purge skills, they have to be celestial demon/sage to learn it. Not most of the barb have 3x-50k hp as well, with a r9rr +12 wep or like example a wiz can kill a barb with there sutra combo's.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    but to what boomz said we have no seals what so ever so if a barb ever seals you its from a genie skill that anyone can use

Obviously you don't know how to play a barb because you have 2 seal skills, 1 is a melee ranged in tiger/panda form, and the 2nd is ancestral rage (i think also in tiger/panda form)

barbs have 2 slows, 2 seals, 2 stuns, and at least 1 100% channeling interupt b:shutup
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Obviously you don't know how to play a barb because you have 2 seal skills, 1 is a melee ranged in tiger/panda form, and the 2nd is ancestral rage (i think also in tiger/panda form)

barbs have 2 slows, 2 seals, 2 stuns, and at least 1 100% channeling interupt b:shutup

Freeze/immobilize =/= seal.

Stop being a baddie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about and should educate yourself before telling this barb he doesn't know how to play the class. Alacrity and Ancestral Rage are freezes not seals... aka you become unable to move but can still blink, attack, use genie skills, and so on.

The class itself does not have seals at all, much like how archers do not have any form of self-healing, or how clerics don't have a anti-stun, and so on.

And no, I'm not counting things available to all classes such as sparks and genies.

Please do your research next time before you try to call someone out. Because what you just did really kills your credibility and the more often you do things like that, the more it will suffer.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Barbs are meant to be the best tanks in the game. So yeah.. they're hard to kill?
    Offensively a barb is pretty destructive but it's generally quite situational. However I do think they quickly over come the ranged issue with their great movement speed. I mean..1v1 when a barb can out maneuver a dex class things start getting a bit imbalanced. But that's what happens on a game where survivability is so important. I don't really have a problem with their purge. I think their damage is pretty high though for a class thats generally meant to tank but it's a hard solution to the zerk problem and nothing can ever really be done about it so... get over it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Barbs are meant to be the best tanks in the game. So yeah.. they're hard to kill?
    Offensively a barb is pretty destructive but it's generally quite situational. However I do think they quickly over come the ranged issue with their great movement speed. I mean..1v1 when a barb can out maneuver a dex class things start getting a bit imbalanced. But that's what happens on a game where survivability is so important. I don't really have a problem with their purge. I think their damage is pretty high though for a class thats generally meant to tank but it's a hard solution to the zerk problem and nothing can ever really be done about it so... get over it?

Word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sage tidal
  • Tomstone - Harshlands
    Tomstone - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Boomz you don't know barbs those 2 skills are paralyzes not seal... please do some research
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    juicybluca wrote: »
    sage tidal

i think this person is obcessed whit sage tidal wich isnt event realted to this thread
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a 50k+ hp barb means he has no josd in shards, let me tell you. Hit points are NOTHING without def lvls. 1v1's are rather pointless for the most in this game, the game has taken the "1v1" concept away some time ago given that there are classes who have greater advantages in 1v1's.

If you spark a barb, get him purged by a veno or anything else, its dropping fast. However youre trying to 1v1 a class that was not designed to be taken down easily in a 1v1. I have hit full +12 barbs over 65k in dmge plenty of times by just undine, sprk+poison, while d-pyro is channeling.

I don't particularly care if a barb purges me, assuming I don't have archers auto atkn me at the same time. A barb is a very easy kill for a mage, I have more trouble killing a +12 bm than a +12 barb.
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i think this person is obcessed whit sage tidal wich isnt event realted to this thread

yes :D

thats the only borderline-OP thing in game at the moment
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    i call freeze something like ice prison or occult ice... A seal is something that SEALS YOU IN PLACE. Silence is unable to attack and can move. Stun is unable to move or attack. Before saying I don't know anything please check definitions.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    i call freeze something like ice prison or occult ice... A seal is something that SEALS YOU IN PLACE. Silence is unable to attack and can move. Stun is unable to move or attack. Before saying I don't know anything please check definitions.
    Telling us to check definitions? Let's see here...
    Tackling Slash             Level 10

Range 4.5  Meters
    Mana 103.6
    Channel 0.1  seconds
    Cast 1.5  seconds
    Cooldown 15.0  seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Deals a damage equals to your basic physical attack plus
    2772.3 physical damage.
    Immobilize target for 9.0 seconds,and increases own Chi by 50.
    Stunning Blow (Level 10)

Range Melee
    Mana 159.8
    Channel 0.7 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Strike the enemy with a stunning blow, inflicting base
    physical damage plus 2332.3. A successful hit
    freezes the enemy for 8.0 seconds.

Requires one Spark and Fox Form.
    Silent Seal (Level 10)

Range 26.5 meters
    Mana 337.5
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 20.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Discord
    Manipulate your energy to form the Seal of Silence. Suffer
    a 6.0 second attack damage by reduction of 50%
    to paralyze an enemy for up to 16.8 seconds.

Requires 20 Chi
    Hailstorm (Level 10)

Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 219.6
    Channel 1.8 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 12.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instrument

Required Cultivation Spiritual Adept
    Conjure a hailstorm to rain down on the target, causing it and all
    surrounding enemies to suffer your base magic attack and
    1794.9 of your weapon damage as Water damage. Has a 33% chance
    to freeze targets for 4.0 seconds.
    Area increases with level.
    Aim Low (Level 10)

Range Ranged Attack
    Mana 167.0
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 0.6 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Ranged Weapons

Required Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Focus all of your energy to aim and fire a single shot inflicting
    base physical damage as well as 3469.5, and has a 90%
    chance to paralyze the target for 8.0 seconds.

Requires 1 unit of ammo
    Costs one Spark
    Glacial Shards            LV10

Range 28.5  Meters
    Mana 337.5
    Channel 1.0  seconds
    Cast 2.0  seconds
    Cooldown 8.0  seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Discord
    Deals base magic damage plus 200%
    of weapon damage plus 2675.1 Water damage to all targets within 8 meters.
    Has a 60% chance to immobilize targets for 4 seconds.

Hmm... even using interchangeable words, you know what a grand total of zero of these skills use to describe what they do? Seal. You know what you're claiming they do? Seal. You know what some of the skills that allow free movement while restricting attacks call the status effect since the above shows it can be interchangeable? Seal.

Just because you call the color blue maroon doesn't mean the rest of the world will. If you intend to debate and use a false term, especially when it's applied to something else, don't get defensive when everyone else using the correct term points out your mistake.

Edit: Oh and even the debuff icon itself says... FREEZE. You really don't have an excuse for this one and trying to backpedal or say everyone else using the correct term is wrong is just poor form. Simply concede that you were wrong and save face.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...she got you Boomz, lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    pwi needs to fix their definitions, they make no sense b:sweat
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Im sorry Boomz but your complains are pretty stupid. Wiz vs barbs are one of the most even fights 1 vs 1, at same gear, that being average or endgame, they have 50-50% chance of killing eachother.
    You can kite a barb... forever!!! blinding blaze/pitfall/hailstorm/soporific/glacial snare/gush/ice prison/emberstorm (if demon) and list goes on... and ofc, distance shrink....
    You just have to kite, DD on them and set a spark combo when they have 60% hp... pray for a crit and bye bye kitty. ofc some live through that, but if that didnt do it, there isnt much else besides same after triple spark.
    Barbs purge is OP mostly for the low cooldown, but i think its fine, archers purge is way more deadly, with barb u will have time to redo SB.
    Btw, sage or demon? and how much p.def self buffed, cause if its low, the problem is not the purge, is the fact u are still a bit squishy maybe
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    found it!
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Gotta love dat purge.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • zabek
    zabek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. barbs can already have over 50k hp making them very hard to kill, especially with a charm.

2. they have some of the strongest moves in the game like arma and can have 100% crit rate.

3. they move at almost holy path speed

4. they have a multitude of skills and genie skills that make them take almost no damage

5. Now they have a rediculas 20% purge ( from what i've seen it is more like 50%)

Barb purge needs to be severvely lowered because they have every strong aspect of the game in one and are nearly unbeatable if they know how to play and are stated right. Even against their so called "weak classes" (but at the moment they don't have any?) they just play a turtle game and just wait for purge then kill.

How is this fair? It is not.

Resolution:
    1. change barb purge to 10% or lower and increase time between uses.

2. reduce crit rate gain from skills

3. reduce the effect of solid shield by 10%

4. nurf damage by 5%

with these changes barbs will still be over powered, but at least a fair class.

After all barbs are a tanking class, not a pvp murdering class.

yes that is correct sir