Sage vs Demon

Hayward - Dreamweaver
Hayward - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Venomancer
So, I'm a caster veno, and really on the fence about going sage or demon. Primarily caster veno, with almost strictly pve. And the demon/sage versions of skills are tied for which I like the most...so figured I'd ask for opinions on which side is better for pve (95% pure pve).
Post edited by Hayward - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, I'm a caster veno, and really on the fence about going sage or demon. Primarily caster veno, with almost strictly pve. And the demon/sage versions of skills are tied for which I like the most...so figured I'd ask for opinions on which side is better for pve (95% pure pve).

My venos have always been Demon but I played on PvP servers. Now that I am PvE - I decided to try Sage.

But I am curious also. (When I tank using my herc I do use fox form).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Hayward - Dreamweaver
    Hayward - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also really curious about summer sprint. Demon version, according to ecatomb, says that it grants immunity to movement impairing effects, but it doesn't specify for how long, and what those effects entail...

So, if anyone knows more detailed info, would be greatly appreciated.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also really curious about summer sprint. Demon version, according to ecatomb, says that it grants immunity to movement impairing effects, but it doesn't specify for how long, and what those effects entail...

So, if anyone knows more detailed info, would be greatly appreciated.

It's a 6 second 'vacuity pot' effect that makes the user immune to movement debuffs. Quite useful to use in tandem with feral concentration to get 10 seconds of god mode f:cool

I picked demon on my veno. While sage looked nice, and is arguably 'better' for PvE due to amp/soul degen, etc, I preferred the 'less reliable but more powerful' procs that demon gave. Also, demon fox. f:leer I love travelling fast, and with demon fox and demon summer I'm around 10.4 m/s without a mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The antistun on demon summersprint lasts a few seconds, I'm sage and can't exactly say how much, but my guess is around 4 seconds.

Personally I'm a big fan of the sage version, but I know venomancers who are big fan of the demon path as well..

Sage venomancers are like chi bombs <- and this is a big part of me
    - Venomous scarab
    - Foxform (can get 35 chi every 6 second)
    - That 50chi skill from going sage
    - Nova 50% chance to cost one spark
    - Lending hand (25% chance, use it on yourself)

Demon
    - 50% chance to gain 1 spark by using Crush Vigor
    - Lending hand (20% chance, use it on yourself)
    - Noxious gas which gives a decent amount of chi, can be used more often if demon

Demon nova adds a debuff that increase 30% more damage taken (Do not stack with hf I suppose)
    Sage nova gives 50% chance to cost only 1 spark (aka. more spamable, especially since sages already hold a lot of chi)

Demon summersprint gives a short antistun (immune to stun, sleep, freeze (aka. immune to debuffs that prevent you from moving..) can be combined with IG/Feral Concentration)
    Sage summerprint purify you when used (If you get some dangerous debuffs on you or freeze you)

Lending hand used for teammates, sage gives a chance to keep a spark (again where sage are good on holding their chi), while demon have a chance to give a extra spark to the person (good if the person needs 2)....

I like the sage path one reason being all the chi lol as i mentioned, I can spam chi required skills such as ironwood, both myriads, chi burn, and nova. The stun from Lucky scarab also lasts longer, amplify stronger, more physical defense on sage foxform, aoe purge, chi, and more chi.
    Demons have a nice path too though, they have speed from foxform, ironwood is dangerous when it proc, wood debuff on venomous scarab, stronger bramble, purge more often, stuns more often, some extra damage on nova.

A common answer:
    It's really a matter of your playstyle
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ahh, 6 seconds.. so close xD
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    95% pure pve
    Sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you're pure PvE I'd also recommend Sage.
    Demons don't do bad in PvE but Sages are sought after in standard farming squads (Demons are actually good for farming but only in certain squad set ups) and are slightly more support oriented whilst Demons are more specialized in some areas.

I'd recommend using the search function to find more threads like these. There are countless threads over this and it's been beaten down to death.

The conclusion you'll find in most of these threads is that both cultivations are rather balanced and it often comes down to personal preference and playstyle. What you have to do is take advantage of what your cultivation offers and make the best out of it.

From a pure PvE player perspective though, I think you would enjoy Sage more.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★