More skill updates for Venos! Discuss

Options

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Clearly, it's because Demon Frost scarab kinda has a use almost... kinda... maybe.... not that I ever use it even though I have it learned... b:avoid

Love my demon and sage venos. So fun to see how I play the same class differently based on cultivation.

... I should stop derailing this. b:surrender

I only use Demon frost scarab on the rare occasion I NEED to immobilize someone in NW, such as a flag runner. Beyond that.. it's not worth the spark imo f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah true.
    I used to use it a lot more before the Sirens of War update but then we got our Lucky Scarab extended to 3 seconds and Parasitic Nova became 95% chance to proc instead of 67%.

I no longer had needs for Frost Scarab plus now we're getting a Stunning Blow that hits regardless which is a superior freeze (plus chance to stun for Demons) and of course those who have a Monkey (hopefully I'll have one in the future) have so many CC options that really don't need that 3 sec Freeze from Frost Scarab that costs a spark.

I'd have used it again if they had lowered the chi to 50chi and increase its damage. It's pretty lame damage wise for the chi it costs; Ironwood is far more powerful and costs 25chi.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah. Honestly the only reason I even bothered to learn frost scarab is completionist tendencies. If it weren't for that, I'd have probably left it at level 1 considering how rare it is for a situation to pop up where I think "Oh gee, frost scarab would be useful here!".

But I suppose it's only fair since every class has at least a couple of fairly useless skills.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah I'm fine with that P:

I say we should get tail wiggling mastery though.
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We would if the bunny and antler venos would co-operate.

But do they show off their tails with pride? Nooooooooooooo! They hide them away so people can never find them instead! b:infuriated
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    We would if the bunny and antler venos would co-operate.

But do they show off their tails with pride? Nooooooooooooo! They hide them away so people can never find them instead! b:infuriated

b:cry yes
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wonder if we can keep the 2 skills separate and make the one together...

Prob not but would be nice but then again my skill bar is full with skills and pots and such lol.

I am demon.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Someone posted a confirmation that once you fuse a skill you lose both old skills and get the new one.

This means that if you get all new skills then you're going to lose Fox Wallop, Blazing Scarab, Consume Spirit permanently.
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Granted the first and last on that list aren't much of a loss in all honesty. b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yep.
    Blazing Scarab is nice for building chi mid-fight but I don't know if I'll lose it or not as I'm undecided on whether I'll get the new Ironwood or not.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Losing Blazing will mess up my macros.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That too.
    They should have just updated Blazing Barrier...and fuse Frost Scarab to Ironwood instead (water DoT instead of fire DoT). I'd be completely fine with that xD
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Someone posted a confirmation that once you fuse a skill you lose both old skills and get the new one.

This means that if you get all new skills then you're going to lose Fox Wallop, Blazing Scarab, Consume Spirit permanently.

Damn that will suck. Oh well whenever we get it. Ill see if i want it or not.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Does anyone know yet when we should get the new stuff? Is it the stuff we get in Dec? Aren't we suppose to get a Dec update or am i crazy lolb:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We usually have a 2-3 month difference with updates from PWCN. Remember when the pet update was released in April and we got it in June? This update was released in October for them so perhaps we'll get it in December (would be awesome since then I'll be on holidays) or perhaps January if issues occur (they had postponed Genesis expansion from February to March).
    edited November 2013
    Options
    oh ok wasn't sure when that one was released there. I just know 3 months or so between there and here
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That's just a wild a guess so take my word with a grain of salt but that should be it more or less.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yep.
    Blazing Scarab is nice for building chi mid-fight but I don't know if I'll lose it or not as I'm undecided on whether I'll get the new Ironwood or not.

We won't need blazing scarab at all to build chi if we are demon. Fused-mist will give 20 chi after each use. So besides being an aoe attack that never misses, decreases channel and attack rate, it will also give us some chi! I'm so gonna spam that. b:pleased
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Actually I think it's 30 chi. According to the description the skill gives 10 chi regardless so I'd assume it's 10 chi + 20 chi from the Demon add-on which I think is really nice.
    It balances out the chi making while not giving us an extreme advantage over Sage as it requires a target of some sort whereas Sages just get it "out of nowhere".
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't think it's 10 + 20 chi for demon, as that's not how any other sage/demon add has ever worked. I think it's 10 for sage, 20 for demon. I read the Japanese translation for the demon version as "increased to 20", not "increased by 20".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The reason I interpret it as 10 plus 20 chi is because Demon Crush Vigor has a 50% chance to give a spark but the default skill also gives 10 chi regardless. When it procs, I get 1 spark and 10 chi (or 5 chi, been a while since I checked but you get the point).

I assumed they made fused-Befuddling Mist work in a similar way.
  • Jasms - Lost City
    Jasms - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why at my eyes the game start look like :casters= arcane and sage,melee=light or mostly heavy ,aps and demon???(I am strictly pve person...)
    I mean (without any offense or misunderstanding ),look at Pwi world cities and balance races:
    Ether blade :Demon blade masters and sage(how should be..) wizards
    Lost :Demon barbarians and sage venomancers
    Plume :Demon archers and sage clerics
    Raging Tides:Demon assassins and sage psychics
    Tellus :Demon seekers and sage mystics
    ...maybe i am not accurate but,most cities cant "host" two same paths and usually melee classes choose demon for aps while casters sage for mana at 3rd spark.Again,this approach is hypothetical and have nothing to do with uncommon builds or demands...
    You will always have followers.Try have opponents...f:shy
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hmm I don't know about that.
    I think it also depends on the server. Sanctuary is fairly balanced on the number of Sage/Demon Venomancers but from what I've seen in Lost City, people seem to favor Demons.

There are also a lot of Demon Clerics. You're right about Psychics though. Mystics I don't really know but most of them seem to be Sage on Sanctuary.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Jasms, you are on pvp server :D I don't think everything is just like that.
    As for clerics, I'd say 50/50.
    Most PvPing sins are sage, in PvE culti side doesn't mean much if you have good gear. Though, 3d demon spark for melee is good, yes, but many of such toons mostly created for pure farming purposes. Those who choose path according to preferences vary a lot.
    Psychics are mostly sage I agree, mages are sage, which surprises me, looking at skills I liked demon side more overall, but I won't judge, not that pro at mages.
    A lot of seekers I know are sage, not sure about archers, they are not farming class, didn't count.
    Several good mystics I know are demon. And also I liked demon more when I compared skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Most Wizards on Sanctuary seem to be Demon or used to be Sage and changed. At least as far as I've seen lately.

Anyway, nothing new so far. I'm kinda curious about how the spiritual warfare thing affect pets but there isn't much info on it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They announced some bits on the official website, news section.
    Looks like we're getting it soon-ish! I guess around mid December or early January.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Looks like we're getting it soon-ish! I guess around mid December or early January.

Yes! I was so surprised, they usually leave it to the last minute to announce stuff, I think the last few updates were max 1 month away after the announcement (last one-with the pet update- was actually like 2 weeks only).
    This means I freaking need to get the 2 demon skills I still need for my wiz, veno has been set for months now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah I actually got a couple of skills for my Cleric albeit I'm not planning to reincarnate..(or should I say ascend?) with her until I'm done with my Venomancer. I'm not playing that Cleric much nowadays :<

Quite excited though! Although this update also has some stuff I don't like, it also has some things I can be excited about. At the very least..something new to explore xD
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes, new stuff is always so exciting! And indeed, some of it is a bit off putting to me as well (card spirits? really .-.), but I'm still excited to experience it all. I'm not sure which one I'll ascend either, I'm actually tempted to do cleric first as a lab rat, cause I don't care for it as much lol. Not having bh 100 will hurt, but we'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

What is the best way for a Veno to level faster? We are on 2X and I'd really like to try to hit 100 by this expansion. (This is my only toon btw).

My problem is I'm quiet and don't do BH's but I do my stones quest and double it by doing the wedding one.

I just don't know how to find FF/FC's and etc...

:/ Ying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008