More skill updates for Venos! Discuss

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, that's what the Japanese blog says.

I anticipate a brisk market in level 41 walkers and sawflies (and maybe a few other pets) the first day this update goes live for us.

That is BS. Any news about the genies?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reading the Japanese blog post, and looking at images of the Chinese skill descriptions:

I think the fusion skills are additional skills like spirit fox form, not replacements for the current skills... they have new skill names. For instance, the new Ironwood-Blazing fusion has the hanzi for Red, Stone, and one I can't find in a dictionary but is translated as Scarab in the existing skills. There's also a note that the skills with a prefix of one hanzi (which we're assuming are sage track skills) require "Heaven" reincarnation, skills with another hanzi prefix (demon track) require "Magic" reincarnation, and with a third prefix they are either new skills or um... skills for which there are no current reincarnation skills? A little hard to parse that phrase.

Anyway, more details than Desdi gave:

Red Stone Scarab:
    Range: 27 meters
    Mana cost: 175
    Channel: 1.5 sec.
    Cast: 0.8 sec.
    Cooldown: 8.0 sec.

Throw a splinted bug at the enemy, inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon damage plus 3578. Reduces enemy's physical defense by 40% for 10 seconds. In addition, the enemy takes fire damage equal to 600% weapon damage plus 6427.
    Sage: Physical defense reduction increased to 50%.
    Physical defense reduction duration increased to 20 seconds.

Demon: 20% chance of 150% physical defense reduction.

Prerequisite skills: Level 11 Ironwood Scarab and Level 11 Blazing Scarab.

Stunning Blow:

Range: 5 meters
    Mana cost: 215
    Channel: 0.5 sec.
    Cast: 0.5 sec.
    Cooldown: 15.0 sec.

Strike the enemy with a stunning blow, inflicting base physical
    damage plus 5537. Always hits; a successful hit freezes the enemy
    for 8.0 seconds.

Costs 1 spark to cast.

Sage: 25% chance of recovering 1 spark after casting.
    Demon: 50% chance of stunning for 3 seconds.

Prerequisite skill: level 11 Stunning Blow.

Leech/consume spirit fusion (can't find one of the hanzi, but it isn't the same name as an existing skill)

Mana cost: 210
    Cast: 1.0 sec.
    Cooldown: 6.0 sec.
    Chi gain: 10

While in Fox Form, strike the enemy with a leech attack, inflicting base physical damage plus 6319, and restores personal HP. HP restoration is proportional to soul force, from a minimum of 800 HP to a maximum of 2000 HP.

Sage: Cooldown reduced by 1 second.
    Demon: Chi gain increased to 20 chi

Prerequisite skills: level 11 Leech and level 11 Consume Spirit.

Malefic Crush:

Mana cost: 390
    Channel: 0.2 sec.
    Cast: 0.8 sec.
    Cooldown: 180 sec.

A malefic strike to enemies within 10 meters around you. Inflicts base physical damage plus 9303, and burns 1800 Mana over 9 seconds. In addition there is a chance of stunning the opponent for 2 seconds. The stun probability is determined by the relative soul force of the two parties, ranging from a low of 50% to a high of 90% chance.

Costs 1 spark

Sage: Stun probability increased by 10%.
    Demon: MP drain increased to 2400 MP.
    Prerequisite skill: level 11 Malefic Crush

Befuddling Mist/Fox Wallop fusion

Mana Cost: 160
    Cast: 1.0 sec
    Cooldown: 3.0 sec
    Chi gain: 10

While in fox form, the caster sprays a bewitching fog inflicting
    base physical damage plus 2281.0 plus 800 and reduces the
    target's accuracy by 70% for 8 seconds and channeling/casting speed by 35%. If the target is a player, interval between attacks is increased 125%. Lasts 8 seconds.

Always hits.

Sage: channeling speed effect increased to 50%
    Demon: chi gain increased to 20 chi.

Prerequisite skills: Level 11 Fox Wallop, Level 11 Befuddling Mist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Will add it on the first post, thanks!

Also, looks like malefic crush was about stunning, hmm..still not worth it in my book.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ewwww...
    Boo to the demon ironscarab
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ewwww...

Well, now they say we might be able to have both skills, so demons could enjoy their old and new versions. We still need more info, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, now they say we might be able to have both skills, so demons could enjoy their old and new versions. We still need more info, though.

both both both both bothb:dirtyf:grinf:leerb:flowerb:sinf
  • SanChan - Heavens Tear
    SanChan - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What happens to our skill if we rebirth ? Will they stay at lvl 11 or do they go back to lvl 1 ?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Considering you can only learn the new skills after reincarnation, skills don't go back to lvl1; you need the lvl11 version for them.

On the skill note...if fusion/merging still let's you keep old skills then I'm gonna need more hotkey spaces O.o mine's already almost completely full. I don't know though, I won't believe it until it's completely confirmed.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Ewwww...

Going to quote you just for reference.

In the last update, the one with upgraded fox forms, Sage received a considerable advantage with the chi gain over Demons who received a useless buff. With no doubt, it also changed the playstyle for many and when I play Sage I certainly love and take full advantage of this ability.

I just accepted it though and moved on but what I didn't like was how various posters who were Sage went around the forum (but also in-game) with an attitude of superiority ever since the update. I, of course, won't give out names and I can assure nobody in this particular thread was one of them.

With that in mind, don't expect many Demons to show sympathy to Sages over this Ironwood update however I hope no Demon will go around with that same attitude of superiority >.>

Side note; Demons are getting a decent chi building skill (Befuddling Mist fusion) but it still doesn't place them an significant advantage over Sage chi gain. The difference is that Sage can generate chi out of nowhere by swapping forms whereas a Demon will still require a target. Sages can recover their chi faster after a death/re-log and get back in the fight faster. Demon will probably gain an advantage in the situation where they have to stick to fox form too long, though new befuddling mist is not something I'd spam in PvP for chi.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If they force us to reincarnate.. meh :/

Using an alternative build means that going back to lvl 1 will make it real hard to get back into my armor quickly, and give up on NW/TW till I do. And by force I mean tgat the ones whodo will have a considerable advantage; like the new skills and higher stats. Smurfy not happy now :c
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
    edited October 2013
    Going to quote you just for reference.

In the last update, the one with upgraded fox forms, Sage received a considerable advantage with the chi gain over Demons who received a useless buff. With no doubt, it also changed the playstyle for many and when I play Sage I certainly love and take full advantage of this ability.

I just accepted it though and moved on but what I didn't like was how various posters who were Sage went around the forum (but also in-game) with an attitude of superiority ever since the update. I, of course, won't give out names and I can assure nobody in this particular thread was one of them.

With that in mind, don't expect many Demons to show sympathy to Sages over this Ironwood update however I hope no Demon will go around with that same attitude of superiority >.>

We were promised by Val that the new skill for spirit foxform is going to come to us later this year, alongside a much bigger skill update. I hope that we will be getting that one as well, it's friggin' high time and it will bring a usefulness for both sage and demon foxform, although sage remain with the obvious upper hand, that chi building is insane ... then again, Val is gone nowb:sad .

Using an alternative build means that going back to lvl 1 will make it real hard to get back into my armor quickly, and give up on NW/TW till I do. And by force I mean tgat the ones whodo will have a considerable advantage; like the new skills and higher stats. Smurfy not happy now :c

Well, those book need 50 items of some kind to be crafted, so I'm assuming it'll take a while to farm, enough time to boost our stats for the armor, regardless of build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013

It will affect TW/NW for all I believe. Unless some people specifically wait to reincarnate after the weekend.

People with Emperor tomes will have it the easiest to get back into their armor/gear but considering they won't have all the stat points pure builds will lack some damage and vit builds will lack some HP. Not sure how it will work O.o

Also for us, need to wait for lvl60+ to use our lvl100+ pets it seems.

I am pretty concerned about this whole thing and I really don't like the idea of having to re-level. Leveling alts is one thing, re-leveling is another b:surrender but it might turn out to be fun and interesting. I can't judge yet.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    We were promised by Val that the new skill for spirit foxform is going to come to us later this year, alongside a much bigger skill update. I hope that we will be getting that one as well, it's friggin' high time ... then again, Val is gone nowb:sad .

I have a feeling the idea was scrapped :/ there's absolutely no mention for any new fox form or panda form skills. The supposedly "new" skills I thought we're getting might just be something else. New animations seem to be just the old reincarnation updated skills.

I was very excited about the spirit fox but quite frankly I went back to using old fox form because I find it cuter and it's not as noticeable in PvP, I can sneak through and hide. If I had known beforehand, I think I wouldn't have spent the 5mil for it XD
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Another video. It shows some skills from other classes but includes one of the fused fox form skills.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    According to Asterelle and this there were some tweaks.

Demon Ironwood: instead of 20% chance it was increased to 25% chance to proc, instead of 150% it was increased to 180% debuff if it procs.
    Sage Ironwood: nothing new that I see.

I don't see anything else changed for venomancer skills. Not sure why they did this O.o makes no sense.

EDIT: there was also a mention of "noob skills" you acquire when you start out (new starting area for new players) that expire upon leaving that map. This may explain the tweak on Parasitic Nova.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    this makes me want to change into demon b:surrender
    edited October 2013
    *reads 20-> 25 and 150-> 180* Zen.. youre zen smurfie.. no rage flowing thru you.. b:angry

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    They should have made Sage one be 60% in order to compete and make it more reasonable though a lot of Demon I see or talk to seem to prefer the current Ironwood regardless simply because of the 0 physical defence debuff.

On another note, which is mainly directed at you BungaSakura, don't take spontaneous decisions just yet. As you can see, tweaks are still being made to the skills for all classes so there's always the possibility for something to be buffed/nerfed. There's more to Sage than just Ironwood as there was to Demon barbarians/venomancers who didn't change cultivation despite what happened with the forms back then.

I'm sorry for bringing it up again, I don't want to seem like I'm stuck on that event but it's really like a parallel of Demons getting shafted then and Sages getting shafted now (for both barbarians and venomancers).
    Of course, neither is nice. I guess they are unable to bring forth updates and give something nice for both cultivations. The only class that seemed fine as far as I could tell was clerics who got some updates that affect neither cultivation while giving something better for both.
    edited October 2013
    If nitpicking it could be even higher. 40+40+40+180=300; 60x4 is just 240. 75 on the other hand, gets to reach 300 in 4 goes. I can see how that would seem problematic in terms of balance tho

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    It's been confirmed that you lose all skills when you merge new ones.

Thus, you'll have to think about whether you learn them or not. I will personally since I don't have much use for consume spirit, leech and fox wallop as they are event if I'm going to lose an AOE in fox form. Ironwood, I'm still debating whether I will learn the new one or not but I'm leaning towards yes.
    Malefic Crush I won't learn unless it's cheap but either way I don't see myself using it @.@
    edited October 2013
    I cant read chinese. But from what I guess its the blue n red icon thingie thats ironwoodblazing. And that thing got a long cast time and a very long cooldown compared to both skills..

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Thus, you'll have to think about whether you learn them or not. I will personally since I don't have much use for consume spirit, leech and fox wallop as they are event if I'm going to lose an AOE in fox form. Ironwood, I'm still debating whether I will learn the new one or not but I'm leaning towards yes.
    Malefic Crush I won't learn unless it's cheap but either way I don't see myself using it @.@

I agree, but not sure about Ironwood. Extra damage or imo superior proc? I'll have to think about this. Tbh, I'm leaning towards getting it at least to keep up with other venos on server that learn it also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Nuh o.o the cooldown/chan/cast wasn't changed. It's the same as current Ironwood.
    edited October 2013
    Oh I see now. Its a bit iffy to guess since as I said.. I dun read chinese lol. What is the red n blue thing with 30 sec cooldown n 2 sec channel then?

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Hmm the second skills might be the wizard (or something) ones judging by the numbers/percentages.

I wonder what those cards are for though..from other screenshots it seemed like we could equip them o.o
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If nitpicking it could be even higher. 40+40+40+180=300; 60x4 is just 240. 75 on the other hand, gets to reach 300 in 4 goes. I can see how that would seem problematic in terms of balance tho
    Why should one skill work the same way on both sides? Compare soul degeneration demon and sage. Demons should get something that would balance SD too =))
    That's the whole point of culti paths. Some skills are better for demon, some for sage. And i never considered demon ironwood to be weaker than sage. But no sage veno complained she doesn't have it. Vice versa, they were proud they have stable debuff.
    And again, you can spam it every cooldown, since it's almost chi free for sage. I don't see any disbalance here. Sage chi is OP if you use it right, it's amazing sage venos even complain. Demons didn't get "chance to 1shot any target" skill, everything is comparable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
    edited October 2013

I don't know what to say about this. I definitely love the change, but I was hoping one of the 2 skills in the combo would remain (blazing, in the case of IronBlaze). I'm wondering how will the 2 work on opposing elemental monster. For instance, if the monster is fire immune, will the wood part hit? Or will my IronBlaze hit as hard as wood skills hit on earth monster or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Hah, Ironblaze xD I like that.

Since Blazing Scarab was wood damage plus fire DoT it should work the same for the new IronBlaze. This is based on the google-translation of the skill which does seem to work in the same way; wood damage plus fire DoT (plus physical defence debuff).
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hah, Ironblaze xD I like that.

Since Blazing Scarab was wood damage plus fire DoT it should work the same for the new IronBlaze. This is based on the google-translation of the skill which does seem to work in the same way; wood damage plus fire DoT (plus physical defence debuff).

Yes, "Ironblaze" will have a fire dot too. According to what I've read. I think it even said that it was going to be 600% of weapon damage as dot.

Also, it seems the last update they changed demon ironblaze to reduce p defense by 180% 20% of the time.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20033611&postcount=761

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20033651&postcount=762

If it's kept at 180%, I will definitely merge it. I would have a stronger more stable ironwood doing a dot f:laugh

edited October 2013
    @Marengo: As I said: Id see how having them perfectly balanced in the numbers would seem problematic in actual balance. I do agree on that sage shoukd get a boost till at least 60% tho.

And the fox form debuffs of sages is generally considered a bit better; while demons have a better side in casting (like demon venomous makes a target more vulnrable to all casting attacks with exception og arcane antitomy). Having no effect when it dont proc; as well as being more powerful when it does. Feels alot more balanced opposed to having a barely weaker stable debuff with a relatively high chance to be over 3 times as powerful as its counterpar. And shows very clearly in the numbers as well.