edited September 2013
    juicybluca wrote: »
    since you all pro please teach us how to counter sage tidal :(

kill them.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tidal does not counter damage, hue hue hue.

*twoshots another **** gear sin
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tidal does not counter damage, hue hue hue.

*twoshots another **** gear sin

equal geared endgame scenario i dont think anyone can 2shot any sin while he is on tidal and dn

oh also you know what? i almost forgot sage sins can purge too b:chuckle

sage sin too op
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    Assassins are still fairly killable in PvP. it just requires slightly more critical thinking. One has to use the Gambler's fallacy to land debuffs through tidal. One can simply keep trying for low cost debuffs. One can overload a sin with sheer damage. One can wait out tidal. There are counters to tidal but they are matters of playstyle instead of any specific item or skill.

I suggest a bit more thinking on your part. Sage Tidal is annoying but it is workable to compensate, which is why you don't see 150 page threads on it, as with Purify proc.

Short of that, just kite sage sins and let a pker who's actually competent take care of them, if you can't.

I'm on my phone taking a break so pardon me for the lack of specifics. If you still can't make sense of this I'll be happy to provide you with a list of counters to Tidal if you ask kindly.
  • juicybluca
    edited September 2013
    tsyfall wrote: »
    Assassins are still fairly killable in PvP. it just requires slightly more critical thinking. One has to use the Gambler's fallacy to land debuffs through tidal. One can simply keep trying for low cost debuffs. One can overload a sin with sheer damage. One can wait out tidal. There are counters to tidal but they are matters of playstyle instead of any specific item or skill.

I suggest a bit more thinking on your part. Sage Tidal is annoying but it is workable to compensate, which is why you don't see 150 page threads on it, as with Purify proc.

Short of that, just kite sage sins and let a pker who's actually competent take care of them, if you can't.

I'm on my phone taking a break so pardon me for the lack of specifics. If you still can't make sense of this I'll be happy to provide you with a list of counters to Tidal if you ask kindly.

go for it pls :(
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2013

THIS. The class is suppossed to make you think when fighting them. Not just herp derp stun+pew pew (still happens but w/e).
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    THIS. The class is suppossed to make you think when fighting them. Not just herp derp stun+pew pew (still happens but w/e).

Herp Derps stun pew pews Dion b:cute
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited September 2013
    Herp Derps stun pew pews Dion b:cute

OP archerb:surrendervastly out gear me on armor and shards
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    oh allright i might not have a vast knowledge on barbs but pretty sure all the other buffs cept that and cornered can be purged

look all this mad sins tho b:chuckle

So you're saying that you want to discuss balance when you don't even understand every class?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i wonder if ppl know that tidal last 1 minute and it has a cooldown of 90 segs. thats mean u have 30 segs window to kill the sushi.

in pk group i found sins more deadly than in 1 vs 1. and in pk group sins also die easier, since everybody are oeing.

advice: kite for 60 segs, then fish the sushi and fry him/her. it tastes good with potatoes.

PS: if u run for 60 segs, most sins will start insulting u, and?who will end dieing?thats what it counts.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pretty sure you cant purge tiger form b:avoid

you know what's even more broken? you can purge my SoV+SoS \o/

While it's not technically a "purge", the Venomancer, who is at the origin of purging, can use their Puffbird/squirrel/cat skill on a barb in true/panda form, and once transformed, the barbarian is already "purged" of its transformed state.

This is due to the other transforming states overwriting previous transformed states. This is very noticeable in Warsong, where the Snake boss transforms you into a frog.

It's also interesting because it removes UVD/VD off of a Cleric that has it active, because when active, it's considered as a transformed state like that Barbarian's True/Panda forms, and the Veno's fox forms.

Tideborn can turn into mermaid/mens, but no one really cares about those transformations b:laugh
    edited September 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    While it's not technically a "purge", the Venomancer, who is at the origin of purging, can use their Puffbird/squirrel/cat skill on a barb in true/panda form, and once transformed, the barbarian is already "purged" of its transformed state.

This is due to the other transforming states overwriting previous transformed states. This is very noticeable in Warsong, where the Snake boss transforms you into a frog.

It's also interesting because it removes UVD/VD off of a Cleric that has it active, because when active, it's considered as a transformed state like that Barbarian's True/Panda forms, and the Veno's fox forms.

Tideborn can turn into mermaid/mens, but no one really cares about those transformations b:laugh

7.5 Def Lvs in merman form OP on a 4/33.3 aps base sin (not the g13/15 ones).b:laugh
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »

oh interesting. when you exit the transformed state, do you go back in the previous state? I've never noticed a barb having to switch back to kitty in snake; then again, I don't really watch them carefully :$
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    oh interesting. when you exit the transformed state, do you go back in the previous state? I've never noticed a barb having to switch back to kitty in snake; then again, I don't really watch them carefully :$

Yes you go back to normal state. I.e. human for barbs and non UVD for clerics and I guess human for venos if a veno used it on another veno b:shocked aka foxy fight b:dirty

Likewise in snake which is why barbs find it hard to hold aggro on the vile.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    interesting interesting.... typically on vile snake I'm far far away so I don't really notice that stuff XD
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    interesting interesting.... typically on vile snake I'm far far away so I don't really notice that stuff XD

A good barb will generally transform back to true form straight away to ream and devour so I can accept that you may not notice if not paying close attention.

Those puff birds are extremely annoying, my purple UVD is much prettier b:surrender
  • teammeatsauce
    teammeatsauce Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    u have 30 secs window to kill the sushi.

GG sushi b:cryb:laughb:cry
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gg Sushi B:cryb:laughb:cry

lol GG Meatsauce
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i wonder if ppl know that tidal last 1 minute and it has a cooldown of 90 segs. thats mean u have 30 segs window to kill the sushi.

in pk group i found sins more deadly than in 1 vs 1. and in pk group sins also die easier, since everybody are oeing.

advice: kite for 60 segs, then fish the sushi and fry him/her. it tastes good with potatoes.

PS: if u run for 60 segs, most sins will start insulting u, and?who will end dieing?thats what it counts.

If a sin can't kill you for 60s what makes you think you can kill the sin in 30s...

Really with the Morai update though, a lot of classes are more on par than before, if not in 1v1 then at least in group fight contribution. (A lot, but not all)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DaggerThorn - Harshlands
    DaggerThorn - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes............
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think it should be nerfed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    I think it should be nerfed

While your at it lets nerf Buddha's Guard >.>.
  • tsyfall
    edited September 2013
    While your at it lets nerf Buddha's Guard >.>.

Tidal is on 2/3 of the time. I say we remove the similarly timed marrows of all blademasters. Same timeframe.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lolwhat

The purge isn't aoe. THAT would be stupid as fak. But the potential is still there for it to proc on every single person within AoE range.
    And we all know archers are probably one of the most underpowered classes at the moment.

Even spirit blackhole just has quite low chance to proc. Unless you manage to find some idiots grouping as some huge mass in TW I really wouldnt expect to see more than 1 purge proccing, if you arent getting really lucky. Yes, there is potential but with the AoE skills that archers have (BoA - 2 sparks, Thunderous blast - real long channel, wingspan - short range from you) that potential almost never fulfills. Zerk crit is far more likely and I would call it more broken than purging 2 targets at once as on AoE that tends to 1shot anybody w/o higher refines(double spark rift from stealth).
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can almost always purge at least one person Boaing a group. You can only zerk crit on earthen rift 1 in 10 tries, and assuming equal gears, it won't one shot anyone with buffs (Good thing archers can purge).
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You're not supposed to be one shotting anyone with decent gears (maybe charm bypass). That's ridiculous. What kind of game would it be to get high refines and get 1 shot? No archers can't one shot someone well-geared who got purged either.

Purge is more necessary than good. Without it, there are simply classes that archers can't break through. AFK charm tank.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • juicybluca
    edited September 2013
    You're not supposed to be one shotting anyone with decent gears (maybe charm bypass). That's ridiculous. What kind of game would it be to get high refines and get 1 shot? No archers can't one shot someone well-geared who got purged either.

Purge is more necessary than good. Without it, there are simply classes that archers can't break through. AFK charm tank.

^this

the balance should be HAs kill LAs, LAs kill AAs, AAs kill HAs

but also happens that a sin can 2spark mire subsea earthen hit 20ks on HAs, hits even more on other LAs and AAs

and if you wanna try to control that damage, besides running\kiting (extremely hard since sin is the hardest CC class) there is nothing you can do cept burn genie\apo on a ******n passive skill

also they can purge you while sitting on this anti purge passive
    also they simply cannot die for 2 thirds of fight (sage DN)

u got lucky? the fight went so long his buffs went out? tidal is down, deaden nerves is down? now he can use apothecary and genie and just repop his buffs

u got eve more lucky his buffs runned out, tidal is down, deaden is down, apothecary is down, genie is down (kinda impossibru scenario) ? ok 2x forced stealth gg wp
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can almost always purge at least one person Boaing a group. You can only zerk crit on earthen rift 1 in 10 tries, and assuming equal gears, it won't one shot anyone with buffs (Good thing archers can purge).

Those odds are still more than on freaking purge. Seriously these arguments. Not to forget you are wrong. You will zerk bout once in 5 tries and as it works like buff, it affect every single target. Unlike crit, which rolls individually on each target. So when you zerk, you will zerk crit on ~half of the targets you rift.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • tsyfall
    edited September 2013
    ^this

the balance should be HAs kill LAs, LAs kill AAs, AAs kill HAs

Tell this to any BM stunraping a wizard, or a sin zerkcritting a blademaster, or a cleric destroying an assassin.

but also happens that a sin can 2spark mire subsea earthen hit 20ks on HAs, hits even more on other LAs and AAs

Four sparks of an assassin's spike skills won't hit 20k on HAs unless the Mire genie in question has around 110 strength, which no respectable DPH sin will ever get. The only time you'll see something like that is if people are running around with flawless and r9s3, which is just plain stupid.

The Holy Trinity exists to provide structure. Skill at playing this game exists to break that structure. It seems to me that you're one of the people who can't do that, so you're jealous of everyone who can. Just speculation, though.

and if you wanna try to control that damage, besides running\kiting (extremely hard since sin is the hardest CC class) there is nothing you can do cept burn genie\apo on a ******n passive skill

You do realize that any similarly geared class vs a sin can tank basic stunlocks? Why do you think sins spark? To look pretty? No, they need to coincide high amps with lucky crits.

also they can purge you while sitting on this anti purge passive

Who cares if a sin can purge you with a bow. If they're trying to purge you with a bow then they're in aps gear. If they're in aps gear then they're a 2shot.

also they simply cannot die for 2 thirds of fight (sage DN)

Tick DN>Kill while sin got stunned? What?

u got lucky? the fight went so long his buffs went out? tidal is down, deaden nerves is down? now he can use apothecary and genie and just repop his buffs

You're an idiot, and I think this holds true for the rest of the community talking as if tidal is this magical halo guarding a sin.

The reason you baboons can't kill a sin is because you don't try for debuffs during tidal. If someone just uses all their skills during the 30 second period, then they're definitely not going to kill the sin due to genie/apoth. But if they can burn those resources during tidal, then they have a much better chance of killing the sin when tidal is down. Try Roar on a bm. Doesn't cost much chi but if it works then it has a pretty good chance of making the sin react defensively.

If I'm the only one who's ever thought of this, then I'm disappointed.

u got eve more lucky his buffs runned out, tidal is down, deaden is down, apothecary is down, genie is down (kinda impossibru scenario) ? ok 2x forced stealth gg wp

The only sins who stealth during 1v1 are sins with no skill or no self-respect.
    Those odds are still more than on freaking purge. Seriously these arguments. Not to forget you are wrong. You will zerk bout once in 5 tries and as it works like buff, it affect every single target. Unlike crit, which rolls individually on each target. So when you zerk, you will zerk crit on ~half of the targets you rift.

Couple situations here.

A1: Assassin zerks on Earthen Rift. Weak target dies.
    A2: Assassin zerks on Earthen Rift. Strong target loses 1 pdef charm.

A3: Archer doesn't purge on BOA. Weak target dies to damage.
    A4: Archer purges on BOA. Strong target gets faceraped due to no buffs.

Point made?