Evolved Pets and their uber damage

Options
2»

Comments

• mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am annoyed but not suprised. So i decided to evolve my plumfish just to test the damage with its exclusive skill Tsunami. 650% base dmg as water dmg. It did 3.8kdmg on seeker with 50def lvls with amp. Im irritated because the screen shot advertises as if the evolution is a land pet. But it makes sence i mean it is a water pet. I would have loved to use him in pvp. kinda hard to trick ppl into chasing u under water then taking the time to summon the damn. thing. With amp and myriad def lvls purged it has done the most pvp dmg i have ever witness by a summon(put even crag to shame) for an earth shattering 7.2k dmg with mindbreak/amp......arg i wana use him on land so bad. QQ
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Two words... dragon temple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am annoyed but not suprised. So i decided to evolve my plumfish just to test the damage with its exclusive skill Tsunami. 650% base dmg as water dmg. It did 3.8kdmg on seeker with 50def lvls with amp. Im irritated because the screen shot advertises as if the evolution is a land pet. But it makes sence i mean it is a water pet. I would have loved to use him in pvp. kinda hard to trick ppl into chasing u under water then taking the time to summon the damn. thing. With amp and myriad def lvls purged it has done the most pvp dmg i have ever witness by a summon(put even crag to shame) for an earth shattering 7.2k dmg with mindbreak/amp......arg i wana use him on land so bad. QQ

It was never advertised to go on land. The screenshot you are referring to was made for illustrative purposes and the person that use all the models said so right in Desdi's initial thread.
    Grats on your new pet nonetheless, it really did look awesome in the screenshots!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is so heartening to read, but I have a question, because no one on HT seems to have the Monkey King or the Harpy.

I was wondering which one to save up for. I was thinking that harpy would be really useful, seeing as how it's an AoE pet, and it can be used in FF, TT, and most instances, or even BH 100.

I currently have the herc and nix. But I'm not sure since I've not had first hand input from anyone. Could someone help?

I'm probably focusing on PVE mostly. I've not done PVP since I joined PWI in open beta. LOL.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is so heartening to read, but I have a question, because no one on HT seems to have the Monkey King or the Harpy.

I was wondering which one to save up for. I was thinking that harpy would be really useful, seeing as how it's an AoE pet, and it can be used in FF, TT, and most instances, or even BH 100.

I currently have the herc and nix. But I'm not sure since I've not had first hand input from anyone. Could someone help?

I'm probably focusing on PVE mostly. I've not done PVP since I joined PWI in open beta. LOL.

This might help you decide :o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This might help you decide :o

Hello Desdi, yes, I saw that post you made, thank you for it. I just needed to see it in action.

Lo and behold, there was a new video link added! Thanks so much. I'm quite sold on the harpy.

But personally, do you (and other venos who already have the harpy), think it's worth it?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hello Desdi, yes, I saw that post you made, thank you for it. I just needed to see it in action.

Lo and behold, there was a new video link added! Thanks so much. I'm quite sold on the harpy.

But personally, do you (and other venos who already have the harpy), think it's worth it?

I think I'm the only one on Sanctuary with a Harpy right now so I can only speak for myself.
    I love it, I really do. I found a lot of things I can use it for and made other things easier to do. I also just really fancy the fact that she's ranged. I know we had Elgergoths and Cacti previously but it's quite different when you actually have a pet with ranged skills.

You might want to wait for a sale though, although I'm not sure how soon that could possibly be considering the update is so recent. The gold needed for it is a little bit too much. I did farm the coin a month prior the update as I knew it was coming up and I definitely wanted to be the first to have it. I guess that's a good thing though, I can give people some information on it b:chuckle
    edited July 2013
    Options
    a pet with ranged skills.

You might want to wait for a sale though, although I'm not sure how soon that could possibly be considering the update is so recent.

This.

Ranged skills are so so important. I also like that the pet has AOE ranged skills, which really helps since I actually like running FFs for fun, among AoE grinding and stuff like that.

As for the sale, I doubt it's gonna happen for the next year to 2 years. I got the herc for around 200+ gold from battle pet packs, and only 1 years later, did they have the sale.
  • Mesimarja - Archosaur
    Mesimarja - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    idk if u others have notice this, but pets seems to land critical hits, when cleric uses mark of weakness, my nix dealt 68k crits on warsong bosses with it, seemed pretty sweet b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    idk if u others have notice this, but pets seems to land critical hits, when cleric uses mark of weakness, my nix dealt 68k crits on warsong bosses with it, seemed pretty sweet b:victory

Interesting O.o I didn't notice.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This topic have remembered me a video that a friend sent me a some time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rf1mauyWC
    If this guy can deal so much damage before this expansion, imagine now.
    I'm trying to farm my monkey king or harpy, I didn't decide what pet I will buy first.

Farming partnerrrrr. I'm not sure which to get too.

Harpy, Monkey, Harpy, Monkey..... I kinda like Harpy...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    [Farming partnerrrrr. I'm not sure which to get too.

Harpy, Monkey, Harpy, Monkey..... I kinda like Harpy...[/COLOR]

Seems obvious to me. Monkey doesn't tank as well as a Herc or Ranged pet could. Monkey has control skills that pertain more to PvP since bosses are usually unaffected by them. Harpy does more dmg, and can range tank.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Whee, thank you tweakz! That makes me feel so much more excited. Now for the CS+farming vs pure farming vs pure CS argument. LOL.
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yesterday was a fine day for me in Warsong. You see, I was taking my daily stroll in Warsong and suddenly, a wild Cannonfist Orclord appeared and challenged my group to a fight to the death!

Obviously, we were not to be messed with and so, our seeker valiantly charged Cannon and swung her sword into its flesh, drawing blood and gore as well as using her Earthguard magic to cast Heart Shatter on Cannon. It's pained screamed echoed through Warsong as our Barbarian used Flesh Ream and sunk his claws into the large creature.

Our BladeMaster was fighting with a burning fury, using both fists and axes to wound the creature and eventually gathered enough chi energy to cast forth a mighty dragon's heavenly flame, wounding the mighty creature and charring its skin to crisp, rendering all attacks extremely potent.

At that moment, I sent my Imperial Skeleton to attack Cannon and ordered it to attack by using Bone Sickle and surprisingly enough, it dealt 71k on Cannon with Bone Sickle.

b:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3