Venomancer upgrade & evolution guide

1234568»

Comments

• Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    srovarie wrote: »
    I just evolved my Herc and got Impetuous (Bloodthirst/Provoking) mood with star and both skills are on max level. I am totally satishfied at the moment and don't want to risk my skills' levels. But I don't know for sure, whether it is a really good combo or I should change it as soon as possible?

Like Desdi said, try out the mood on different enemies, anything from mobs, groups of mobs to normal bosses, fb bosses, tt bosses and [?) mobs/bosses to see it in action.

Personally, I love the Provoking skill. I've got the Naughty mood on my herc, which has Provoking at 8 and Flash (15% chance to evade normal damage), and whilst it's not the best Provoke combo of all (since Flash works very randomly and if you miss a heal when it doesn't proc it can be fatal) I wouldn't want any other skill on my herc. The lvl 8 Provoke is AMAZING and makes your herc an ultimate tank and life-saver. Combined with high inherited stats he can definitely keep you safe under any circumstances. On basically all [?] bosses he will keep aggro regardless of how many r9 bms, sins or barbs are in the team, that's how good the skill is ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • srovarie
    srovarie Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the answers. I think, I will keep this skills.

I have another question though. The reshape is totally random or with the number of tries I will get better states eventually? Any experience about that?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the answers. I think, I will keep this skills.

I have another question though. The reshape is totally random or with the number of tries I will get better states eventually? Any experience about that?

It's completely random b:surrender Sometimes I got something good in a few tries while other pets took a lot of tries to get something decent.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Stats are random. Which really sucks when you get one or two good ones but the rest are terrible.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • srovarie
    srovarie Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014

That looks pretty decent to me but it could be better, yes. If you don't have any other uses for FSS you can keep rolling for more but if you need the FSS for other pets I'd keep this and re-roll the Hercules again later.
  • devilish2
    devilish2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    finaly b:victory

6axa.jpg
    ?v=8oho.jpg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    Congrats :D
  • devilish2
    devilish2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ty ty :)
  • Seriachnon - Sanctuary
    Seriachnon - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Probably a stupid question, but does the scorpion evolution only work if you tamed one of the three types Ecatomb mentioned (the ones in the starter areas for the original three races)? I run a Weeping Scorpion (tamed at level 28 in Scorpion Valley), it's the exact same class and build as the other scorpion pets, but will be really sad if I get it all the way to 105 and find out that it can't evolve. =/

Same with cactopods; the one I use was caught at a low level, but Ecatomb only lists the Celestial Sting and Inamorato in the evolutions.
    ALTS
    - Aethiriel: 2x Cleric
    - Cereisse: 3x Seeker
    - Starniliya: 3x Wizard
    - Cloveriene: 3x Assassin
    RETIRED
    - SatanicBlood: 58 Veno (in case the name rings a bell for anyone who knew me from back in '08/'09)
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    There should be an icon in the top right corner of each pet's "box" when in the pet bag. If you click on that, the window that pops up will display that the pet cannot be evolved for any pets that don't evolve (IE: Turtles). If it's not displaying that message, your pet should be able to be evolved.

Also, the pet only needs to reach 100 to evolve. Not sure if that was a typo or not but just in case. b:cute
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Speaking of sticky veno pet threads... was the thing where flying pets can't attack people on land ever fixed (mostly a problem with nixes in NW)? And have the harpy/monkey ever gone on sale yet....?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Speaking of sticky veno pet threads... was the thing where flying pets can't attack people on land ever fixed (mostly a problem with nixes in NW)? And have the harpy/monkey ever gone on sale yet....?

Harpy and Monkey have gone on sale at least twice that I know of, going from 220 gold to 180 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Harpy and Monkey have gone on sale at least twice that I know of, going from 220 gold to 180 gold.

*frowns* I see...
    When they first came out I was hoping for when they'd be basically half price (like the nix sales) and was charging about 20 dollars a month to save for them >: That's super disappointing to know that's the price they drop down to, though I guess it makes sense since they don't come in material boxes.
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014

*frowns* I see...
    When they first came out I was hoping for when they'd be basically half price (like the nix sales) and was charging about 20 dollars a month to save for them >: That's super disappointing to know that's the price they drop down to, though I guess it makes sense since they don't come in material boxes.

Seeing the gold price went up, the sales aren't really making the pets cheaper (vs. buying them at full price the first few months after their release) unless you're directly charging gold instead of buying through AH so there's that... so people that were going to buy the pets through AH gold and were waiting for sales, got kinda screwed over. So I guess it's not too bad if you're charging a bit of gold here and there and wait for a sale, even if its not by much. But who knows, we've had two sales already so maybe the third one is better.

The bug was fixed though. We can summon pets while we're on a flyer once again.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Seeing the gold price went up, the sales aren't really making the pets cheaper (vs. buying them at full price the first few months after their release) unless you're directly charging gold instead of buying through AH so there's that... so people that were going to buy the pets through AH gold and were waiting for sales, got kinda screwed over. So I guess it's not too bad if you're charging a bit of gold here and there and wait for a sale, even if its not by much. But who knows, we've had two sales already so maybe the third one is better.

The bug was fixed though. We can summon pets while we're on a flyer once again.

So they were released with a sale and that sale wasn't announced basically..
    Blarrgh. It is how it is, I guess.

--oh it was a summoning bug, not an attacking bug, that's right. Glad it works.

Also, happy to see that a Desdi is still padding along the forums with her gorgeous tail :3
    *accidentally tries to count like on the counting thread*
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014

*accidentally tries to count like on the counting thread*

Old habits are hard to get rid of b:avoid
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Mmkies. Since this is referred to in your super guide, I can safely take the tape off this one now. b:cute