Venomancer upgrade & evolution guide

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    panca21 wrote: »
    Finally back on my veno and i'm starting to level some pet due to the evolution system...but there is a thing that i seems not find (using searches..).

what happen to the old pet skills once they evolve? Tha can be also said as : does it worth to set some skill previous to level 100?

If they stay and get added to the mood ones, good, i can start now to set some...if they disappear...well...not really sure it worth to pimp more then a really few...

tnx for the anwers :)

you keep ur old pet skills, u just get 3 extra skills added when evovling (2 random by mood, 1 depend which pet it is)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They will remain. Evolved Pets can get 7 skill slots: 4 old ones, 2 from each mood and 1 exclusive skill.

To add more to this; you can also still delete, learn, replace any of the original 4 skills even after the evolution. Exclusive skill for each pet cannot be deleted, changed or upgraded in any way. Mood skills can only be changed/upgraded via the Mood Training option (aka reroll the mood).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • panca21
    panca21 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    woa, thats very good (but could be expansive^^) to know

so the thing now is hope in a good mood and try to dont have skill that do the same thing i suppose.

for example i ve read of some provoke skill in a mood that seems the same as roar and so (not exactly the same tho...)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another thing: The starter skills on harpy and monkey king that aren't part of the old skill set (i.e., Ice Stick, Fallen Leaf and Flying Flowers, and Bare-handed Cut on harpy; I'm not familiar with the Monkey King skills) can't be relearned if you delete them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok i have a question i cant find any info on any where i have been hunting for months and i hit a wall so i am posting here.

over on the arch server we have a veno i shall not named that has a monkey king. In NW when i fight her i always try take out the monkey first, but this monkey you cant damage it. i dont care what you do you wont be able to kill it. i have first on barb, psy, veno, and a archer. one day i atked it for 2 full mins skills go off but act like the monkey is in a perma IG.

any ideas on why this happens i havnt fought this veno outside of NW in PVP or in TW so idk if its same for them areas or just local to NW.

i have fought other monkey kings in NW and killed every one i ever came in contact with other that the monkey king i named

my question is how can this veno have a monkey king that cant die ~.~
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    This sounds more like some kind of bug o.o Have you fought the monkey just in NW and TW? Have you seen anything particular about it? (buff etc.) Are you completely unable to land any kind of attack on it?

It's the first time I'm hearing of this. I've seen people have this bug where the pet cannot be attacked but never heard of it being just on one particular person repeatedly.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if only in NW, maybe the person not re-summon the pet. because if we are not resummon the pet cant give any damage, and i heard other ppl say they also cant get hit either.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey, kinda wonder bout this roll. Thing is, I really love the high atk level roll on it. But I was wondering if anyone done a whole lot of math on this, maybe I should reroll for more attack and sacrifice a bit of atk levels? I carry two sets with me, one I usually wear with 76 atk levels(HA) and one AA wich give me 104 attack levels.

The roll looks like this:
    http://bildr.no/view/dWFvM2kw

I only use it as DD pet normally, and also as a nuisance to anyone I can in NW(wich usually means it dies anyways, unless it kill someone). With this roll using AA, synergy and amp, its auto attack hit a R9 barb in panda form for 1k a hit. Wich makes me feel itll be quite much more than just a nuisance to casters.. what you peeps think?

Edit: there are pet skills(like the one I got on Nix) that makes it impossible to aim at pets as a player. Its possible to hit it with AoEs or with your own pet on defend mode
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok i have a question i cant find any info on any where i have been hunting for months and i hit a wall so i am posting here.

over on the arch server we have a veno i shall not named that has a monkey king. In NW when i fight her i always try take out the monkey first, but this monkey you cant damage it. i dont care what you do you wont be able to kill it. i have first on barb, psy, veno, and a archer. one day i atked it for 2 full mins skills go off but act like the monkey is in a perma IG.

any ideas on why this happens i havnt fought this veno outside of NW in PVP or in TW so idk if its same for them areas or just local to NW.

i have fought other monkey kings in NW and killed every one i ever came in contact with other that the monkey king i named

my question is how can this veno have a monkey king that cant die ~.~

resetting mobs are essentially immune.

Maybe the monkey keeps getting stuck?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited November 2013
    A pet is not a mob; it dont reset. If it cant reach someone; itll just keep trying. Also; mobs resetting only have a very high hp recovery. Its fully possible to kill them.

The skill I mentioned earlier would prevent targeting at all, so if able to aim n attack.it.. then I.dunno

• Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    Terrwyne - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A pet is not a mob; it dont reset. If it cant reach someone; itll just keep trying. Also; mobs resetting only have a very high hp recovery. Its fully possible to kill them.

The skill I mentioned earlier would prevent targeting at all, so if able to aim n attack.it.. then I.dunno

I have indeed seen pets being immune and run back to the venomancer, just like if they were resetting like a mob (forgot if they recover hp too, but probably not)
    Why and when they do this I never figured out yet. Maybe cuz they stuck, idk
    edited November 2013
    If pet isnt resummoned each instance it will indeed get "stuck" whatever you try to do with it. But it wont make it immune to damage. If pet returns its either recalled or target is dead. Without pet heals the hp will not recover unless it uses bloodthirst/boost/consume

• Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    If pet isnt resummoned each instance it will indeed get "stuck" whatever you try to do with it. But it wont make it immune to damage. If pet returns its either recalled or target is dead. Without pet heals the hp will not recover unless it uses bloodthirst/boost/consume

I was talking about this
    But I doubt that was the problem anyways.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    About your phoenix, I think it's best to try and find other people and test damage on a monster like I did in my "review of the new legendary pets". I gathered Venomancers with similar-ish gear with various inherit roll to test.

It doesn't have to be in comparison with you. See if you can find average G16 Nirvana Venomancers with different inherit rolls and have them test damage on same mob.

I don't know myself if attack inherit is better than attack level inherit because I usually have both or neither lol.
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does the guide point out which mood skills come with each of the different evolutionary pets? :o for example: my nix can't get the assassination skill from any of its moods, so which pet can?
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Desdi's spreadsheet (also linked in first post of this thread) lists the moods, what skills are associated with them, and which pets can get each mood.

(Side note: searching for Assassination, I found that both Despotic and Timid moods have both Assassination and Ghost as mood skills; can someone verify them? Assassination isn't exactly something I'd associate with Timid, and there shouldn't be two moods with identical skill sets.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Ah yeah that was actually left hanging with nobody to confirm it. If someone has any information on that mood set I'll correct/fix it.
    edited November 2013
    Doing some tests with my nix left me want to keep rerolling it. I found out a spot for where the damage slightly shift up. But it woukd probably require alot of tries. As of now its also a bit problematic in bosses; and I have to wait quite a bit to take it out or send it to attack unless I really want it to tank (or die). Damage on TT 3-1 mobs is around 10-12k depending on the mob. With myriad and sage amp (buffed with synergy) it did around 60k on Djinnscream (unleas I misread; either way the boss died in 3 hits with 180k HP left without my help)

Ill keep rerolling till something awesome opens up c:

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    I just checked on my scorpion. Both moods have Assassination and Ghost, but they aren't the same Assassination. Timid's Assassination is a ranged skill (27 meter range) inflicting 120% base damage, with channel 0.4, cast 0.6 and cooldown 5 seconds.

Despotic's Assassination is not ranged and does 100-350% of base damage, with more damage done to targets with lower HP, and is less effective against monsters. Channel 0.2, cast 1.0, cooldown 1.0 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, all fixed and updated!
  • Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    4. Pet Evolution and Training Mode

Images seems to be broken..
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Weird o.o they are all working for me.
  • Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    f:thanks Why doesnt it work for me then
    Tried play around with the url, but nothing..
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All the images are working for me as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Sadly I have no clue about these things!
    The images themselves were taken from the official PWI news page when they release a summary of the pet evolution system. I was too lazy to take my own.
    Try checking the news page and see if they work?
  • Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    *Facepalm*
    Everything works now, it was my own mistake. I should have double checked and corrected the error before posting.. f:sweat
    I was just bored a lot and decided to re-read all guides ....
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for the delayd reply but this is only one veno always same one in NW never fought them out side of NW but now matter how many times i atk it i can never damage the monkey. i can 1 on 1 her and not die but her stun locks last forever and nothing i try damages that monkey and it hits like a **** brick house.

anyone have any ideas
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    That sounds like a really bad bug but..shouldn't the monkey be unable to attack while it's bugged so that it doesn't receive damage?
    This is all too weird ._.
  • srovarie
    srovarie Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just evolved my Herc and got Impetuous (Bloodthirst/Provoking) mood with star and both skills are on max level. I am totally satishfied at the moment and don't want to risk my skills' levels. But I don't know for sure, whether it is a really good combo or I should change it as soon as possible?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    srovarie wrote: »
    I just evolved my Herc and got Impetuous (Bloodthirst/Provoking) mood with star and both skills are on max level. I am totally satishfied at the moment and don't want to risk my skills' levels. But I don't know for sure, whether it is a really good combo or I should change it as soon as possible?

I think it's best if you try it out and see how it works for you. The mood itselft doesn't seem too bad.

My personal favourite for a tank-built Hercules is the Selfless mood but I'd highly recommend using the Hercules as it is now and see if it works for your needs. If it does work then keep it as is and if you feel like trying for another mood, do so when you have collected a good amount of FSS* because getting a good mood with decent levels might take a while. If you're not satisfied, roll for another mood when you feel like doing so.

*I usually collect around 400-500 FSS before trying for a better mood on my pets just so I can roll multiple times at once.