Venomancer upgrade & evolution guide

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you use the feral star things to give pet exp to pets below 100? I know they can only evolve at 100 but if I can use them on my lower pets I'd keep running it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you use the feral star things to give pet exp to pets below 100? I know they can only evolve at 100 but if I can use them on my lower pets I'd keep running it.

You can feed pets lower than 100, yes :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Hmm... ok am I doing something wrong then? I have 26 feral soul stars still, but when I open my lvl 93 shaodu cub's evolution window the "feed" option is greyed out. Do you just need lots of stars in order to use them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm... ok am I doing something wrong then? I have 26 feral soul stars still, but when I open my lvl 93 shaodu cub's evolution window the "feed" option is greyed out. Do you just need lots of stars in order to use them?

They need to be summoned in order to be fed :3 (And in order to be evolved, they have to be stowed)
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Ah, ty! That's where I was going wrong. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WolfeTone - Lost City
    WolfeTone - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Reckless
    Soul Eating lvl2 Has a 2% to stun target for 2 seconds when attacking.
    Ghost lvl4 Damage from players is reduced by 45%
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    They can't be evolved right now.
    They might give evolution to other pets in the future but that's something nobody can guess for now.

I do feel bad for those who have pets they can't evolve; they devs could have at least given them a standard evolution (no appearance change and and average coefficient values.)

b:thanks Thx for confirming.

I was really shocked that tabby isn't among the evolving pets b:sad It's the only rare pet that doesn't evolve I think. Was kinda expecting it for my qingfu though.

I agree on a sort of standard evolution, so less used pets also have a chance to benefit mood skills and coefficient values. But well, I better spend focus more on my other pets that can evolve.
  • Lazyneko - Sanctuary
    Lazyneko - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I noticed an unmentioned side effect of the skill "provoking" says it does "30% chance to attract all targets surrounding you. Higher level, greater threat."
    But it also adds the icon for "has a chance to cast a debuff on yourself when attacking"
    this extra buff seems to last for 1 hour (I stopped checking after 10 mins though tbh)
    But it seems to be ok for pvp if it's anything like similar skills on other classes.
  • Jeib - Heavens Tear
    Jeib - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, what pet would be better in terms of soloing instances and can do small pulls? Herc or Harpy? Thanks! b:chuckle

This thread is very helpul for us Venos. b:cuteb:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, what pet would be better in terms of soloing instances and can do small pulls? Herc or Harpy? Thanks! b:chuckle

This thread is very helpul for us Venos. b:cuteb:thanks

Definitely the Hercules. The Harpy would be too squishy for that.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @Desdi are you able to record your attempt doing Veno daily. The chinese version confusing me with letters and i cant quite figure what mobs are p. immune what are fire immune.

I do know how to do and what and I'm not slow person. I found a perfect spot for my pet to stay and don't get debuffed and not disappear if i go far and its able to kill foxes but seams like if u **** it on even 1 mob u will not have enough credit to activate 4th horse (example).
    Happened to me on 3rd wave i didn't changed 2nd guard to do fire damage and few mobs got away (survived) which it made me unavailable to activate next guard and next waves was passing by and i lost credit b:sad
  • UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City
    UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does Reshaping only gives another set of random Values or do the stats actually increase as a total? I'd like to have a pet with maxed inherited stats at some point.b:surrender
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does Reshaping only gives another set of random Values or do the stats actually increase as a total? I'd like to have a pet with maxed inherited stats at some point.b:surrender

Another random stats like rerolling S3 nirvy gear. Can be max can be min lol. U cant control itt.
    If u click reshape it consumes Stars and from left side show u old stats from right side new and what's changed (it has red or green up and down arrow) If its increased from previous it shows green up arrow). If i remmever right u have 20-30 sec to decide if u keeping old stats or want new. After that time if u dont press anything it keeps old stats. I reshaped my pet 3 times. Now he got max attack and def but Att and deff lvls went way down -.-
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [COLDefinitely the Hercules. The Harpy would be too squishy for that.[/COLOR]

Are you considering the evolved state, and the ability of Harpy to range tank, and have special skills for pulling?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Are you considering the evolved state, and the ability of Harpy to range tank, and have special skills for pulling?

You got a good point. It should do fairly well against magic mobs because it has good magic defence and gets defence levels from yourself. I don't know about other possibilities yet.

I'd still consider the Hercules the best starting pet for Venomancers though. I'll keep trying to do runs and see what other things I can try out. Is there something in particular you'd want me to test?

@Desdi are you able to record your attempt doing Veno daily. The chinese version confusing me with letters and i cant quite figure what mobs are p. immune what are fire immune.

I'm failing at it terribly lol. However, today I managed to get about 186 credit as opposed to having negative credit the previous times. I could record it but I'm still trying to coordinate myself.
  • Moussaka - Morai
    Moussaka - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I evolved my Dinosaur pet...

I have double the amount of HP (unbuffed) than my pet... the HP+ bonus should be % b:sad
  • Jeib - Heavens Tear
    Jeib - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely the Hercules. The Harpy would be too squishy for that.
    You got a good point. It should do fairly well against magic mobs because it has good magic defence and gets defence levels from yourself. I don't know about other possibilities yet.

I'd still consider the Hercules the best starting pet for Venomancers though. I'll keep trying to do runs and see what other things I can try out. Is there something in particular you'd want me to test?

Well thank you, Desdi! b:pleased I'd love to see an update from your experiments! b:cute
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it took me 2 mins to even tab the guard i needed -___-
    all i kept tabbing was others guard which i cant activate yet or mobs....

hope pwi fixes it ... cuz i dont wanna go PK mode just to click on guards (i wont be surprised if that doesnt work either)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it is annoying. It has been reported and the GMs know about it but we'll have to wait for a fix from China so...nobody knows when that will be. Good thing that you get stars even if you fail.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone tried putting pet on protect in the instance? It will attack the puff bird which will keep it cycling through the debuffs rather fast. I didn't try it until the instance was almost over, so I'm not sure it works.

@Desdi:
    Imperial Skeleton (Derjan's) can have the mood Energetic. Demon Hunting effect tested on [?] mob with results here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607081
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Has anyone tried putting pet on protect in the instance? It will attack the puff bird which will keep it cycling through the debuffs rather fast. I didn't try it until the instance was almost over, so I'm not sure it works.
    t=1607081[/url]

I tried it doesnt work simply because they have to be attacked by skill so even normal atk (pvp mode) didnt work
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013

HP= (Venomancer's HP/ Venomancer's Level)x(a constant number = 24) + Pet HP stat = overall HP of the pet
    5% bonuses from equipment seem not to affect the pets.

Attack = (Max weapon Magic attack + Magic Rings + Magic attack adds + Shards)x(Loyalty)x(Inherit Coeficient) + Pet Attack stat = overall attack power of the pet

Defence = (Equipment + Resistance Adds + Shards)x(Inherit Coefficient) = overall defence of the pet
    Includes both physical and magic defence.

Defence/Attack Level = (Venomancer's Defense/Attack Level)x(Inherit Coeffcient) = overall Defense/Attack level of the pet

I got some questions

-So the pet's HP/defense stat added to the venomancer's defense/maximum HP multiplied by a constant number mean the pet will already have more defense/HP than the veno regardless?

-Also for boosted attack on pets won't work with physical attack attributes/equips?
    Sage barb in progress.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    I tried it doesnt work simply because they have to be attacked by skill so even normal atk (pvp mode) didnt work

They?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    I got some questions

-So the pet's HP/defense stat added to the venomancer's defense/maximum HP multiplied by a constant number mean the pet will already have more defense/HP than the veno regardless?

-Also for boosted attack on pets won't work with physical attack attributes/equips?

Better ask dupethefile about it. I put up the maths there for people who are interested but I don't know anything else about it.

I added a few bits of information from what you guys have commented here.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Celestial Giant can have -

Confident:
    • Howl
    • Provoking

-Extremely effective for aggro!
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Better ask dupethefile about it. I put up the maths there for people who are interested but I don't know anything else about it.

I added a few bits of information from what you guys have commented here.

seen someones posted pics of herc and yeah 8200 pdef w/o gear 10500 with gear so it adds stats :p
    edited June 2013
    one tidbit left out is someone in game said provoke skill in dungeons as they tested it out is extremely powerful to hold aggro from seekers and barbs and everyone lol

sounds like dead pet in a hurry in aoe xD well unless its herc :p b:victory
    edited June 2013
    Originally Posted by tweakz

actually the pets can change the puffbirds debuffs and guards attack type if they have magic skills, I tried it with froggling and poison and my other pets have other mag att all work.

Edit: so if say you make a pet with 2 more more mag att they can change it for you aka Thunderbolt/fire/poison/w/e else I missed.
    I was messing around after I failed yet again lol

also pets seem to take damage if they change the guards attack type, might only be in pk mode not sure why xD
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    actually the pets can change the puffbirds debuffs and guards attack type if they have magic skills, I tried it with froggling and poison and my other pets have other mag att all work.

Edit: so if say you make a pet with 2 more more mag att they can change it for you aka Thunderbolt/fire/poison/w/e else I missed.
    I was messing around after I failed yet again lol

Totally gonna try this tomorrow o_o
    edited June 2013
    Totally gonna try this tomorrow o_o

yeah I got that off watching the video for Chinese version, was wondering why she was using the cactopod then it dawned on me it has toxic mist. an ahhah momentb:laugh
    so I tried it out and it worked

only seems to work in pk mode attacking npc with CTRL+ click attack but once pet is hitting it you can right click the magic skill of choice to change debuff and turn auto skill off to keep debuff faster changes without targeting puffbird again

so just right click skill 2x basically as you change attack type of guards, or puffbirds debuff.
    might make it easier :p