New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• vroumm
    vroumm Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Grats! That's neat.

I have the same question as Mayfly. Are they bound or not?

nope they aint, just like those from dragon temple (least the scroll i got..lol)
    eager to know what other scrolls u can get and what the actual % to get a scroll is, given im pretty much the unluckiest person walking pwi xd
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vroumm wrote: »
    just wanted to let u guys know that i got a skillbook tonight (bless scroll) from lycaeum

due to data privacy ill post it in the censored version *laughs*

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/venoinstancedobatsng3l4.jpg

would be great if u could post which scrolls u got as well so ik which books u can get in there ;3

Any tips for us, poor folks struggling? Were you in pk mode? Tips and tricks please !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ironically enough I end up with the same score when trying as when doing nothing... Aranging guards without being in PK mode is indeed impossible... Starting tomorrow, pet instance time will be afk time again for me... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, today I got 172 total score, because PWI is so good at translating it says speedy kowlins are fire resistant when they're physical resistant, making me waste mana and points I could have used >.>

In any case, I really do hope that their next patch fixes that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am so efing angry with this instance!b:angry

First, I did the instance today with an alt veno, and I did really great there. Then I go to my main veno and to do it. I failed on the 2nd wave because it seems armored bears are immune to hp debuff effect, and that I didn't know!

I wonder what else I don't know taht will make me fail tomorrow b:angryb:angryb:angry

• Azura - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Do you even get more feral souls if you do better with score?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you even get more feral souls if you do better with score?

Yeah but the difference isn't too big (18 - 22 -26 if I recall correctly + exchange one for ten so 27 31 35) so it's not really worth the effort in my opinion unless you simply enjoy doing the instance or you really want that chance of getting a rare skill book.

On lazy days, I'm probably just going to AFK there. I do like the instance but once somethings goes wrong I figure it won't help trying anymore so I just sit there.

My best score so far has been 456, but I was just lucky with that one.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Solaricey - Archosaur
    Solaricey - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b:laugh after failing every time I got the same wave over and over again today so I got over 700 points lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ironically enough I end up with the same score when trying as when doing nothing... Aranging guards without being in PK mode is indeed impossible... Starting tomorrow, pet instance time will be afk time again for me... b:pleased

I have yet to get anywhere also, but I wouldn't call it impossible, and I despise pk mode.

Try going on the other side of the guards to tab target quicker. If you need the tab target reset: try attacking something; then tab select. In some cases AoE mobs to get target.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    "After some reflection:"

I think you need to set the pluffbird to:

-Slow for kowlins (tried it and worked)
    -Hp debuff for teddy bears (tried it and worked)
    -Defense/Fire debuff for armored bears (I will try tomorrow)
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    I have yet to get anywhere also, but I wouldn't call it impossible, and I despise pk mode.

Try going on the other side of the guards to tab target quicker. If you need the tab target reset: try attacking something; then tab select. In some cases AoE mobs to get target.

The tabbing really doesn't work when mobs are already walking... b:surrender

But I don't mind... I get free stars anyway... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Managed to activate 4 guards before things went downhill as usual, and got my high score: -60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Foxy_Meko - Lost City
    Foxy_Meko - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "After some reflection:"

I think you need to set the pluffbird to:

-Slow for kowlins (tried it and worked)
    -Hp debuff for teddy bears (tried it and worked)
    -Defense/Fire debuff for armored bears (I will try tomorrow)

RankNine did mention to use def/fire debuff on armored bears. I've tried it and it worked.

Just got my best performance by far, 600 points and 8 guards.

Am I the only one that thinks the mobs that respawn shouldnt be random?

Idk, maybe it just takes some getting used to
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    RankNine did mention to use def/fire debuff on armored bears. I've tried it and it worked.

Just got my best performance by far, 600 points and 8 guards.

Am I the only one that thinks the mobs that respawn shouldnt be random?

Idk, maybe it just takes some getting used to

I actually like them being random.
    If it was all the same, we'd get used to it, get the hang of it and then hit max credit eventually.

The way it is now, you need a bit of luck on top of the coordination since you don't know which wave to expect next. That makes things more fun in my opinion. It makes the instance more of a challenge and doesn't become routine-like, as most instances do after some time. Well, at least won't become routine-like too fast.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, can't complain too much - you get most of the tokens even when you fail horribly.
    It's a shame that it's so hard to tell what the guards are doing, and even harder to make them change to the right thing.

Anyway, my score was finally positive! Just. First few waves ok, and kept the foxes and turtles out. But once you've got more than a couple of guards, I just can't change them to the right thing quick enough (and tab targetting stops working right once the wave arrives...) and it all goes wrong.

(And as for those lying lying kowlins - I think they should change the text to "A wave of treacherous kowlins is approaching. They say they're fire resistant, but they were grinning when they said it.")
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope they aint, just like those from dragon temple (least the scroll i got..lol)
    eager to know what other scrolls u can get and what the actual % to get a scroll is, given im pretty much the unluckiest person walking pwi xd

seems you got lucky for once, so far i havent gotten anything on my venos :P
    guess we have to wait for the PWD to update to see the odds.

anyway, did anyone happen to kill the boss yet? i have a feeling we need to put all 3 debuffs on him :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited June 2013
    Why do I get a way better score for being AFK doing nothing then when I actually try? I activated it and went playing on my GameCube... When I got back to pick up rewards I had a score of -104... That's my highest score up 'till now... f:confused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yo I read this in another forum but holding CTRL + clicking an attack instead of say hitting F1 or 1
    it does work however..... you might not like it

you have to enter pk mode to do thatb:surrender
    but that way you can Click the NPC itself and attack rather then find a dumb circle on the floor 1 hit changes the attack that way from phys to fire.

also if you have a pet with a magic skill it also changes the attack type
  • Arriioch - Dreamweaver
    Arriioch - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone else think the daily is broken? I did the 2nd wave perfect. Kowlins came out put bird on slow, switched to phy atk on guards because the one I targeted was fire resistant ... I saw NO resists and yet they all just walked right by the guards with half their hps left ... this was the 2nd wave right after that insanely easy first one. I even went behind them and just ignored the other waves and tried aoeing them ..... if you can't kill the 2nd wave right off the bat how are you suppose to get the other guards up to even take down the rest of the waves?
    edited June 2013
    read it in a post highlighted by the one in a sticky in this class discussion
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19482901&postcount=60
    hope that helps if someone figures it out can you post a vid :o it would help
    edited June 2013
    Anyone else think the daily is broken? I did the 2nd wave perfect. Kowlins came out put bird on slow, switched to phy atk on guards because the one I targeted was fire resistant ... I saw NO resists and yet they all just walked right by the guards with half their hps left ... this was the 2nd wave right after that insanely easy first one. I even went behind them and just ignored the other waves and tried aoeing them ..... if you can't kill the 2nd wave right off the bat how are you suppose to get the other guards up to even take down the rest of the waves?

I got past wave 2 today by doing it in pk mode but wv 3 walked by b:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

The instance is a little buggy. Today my guards didn't switch even though I had attacked them once and I only noticed when monsters were running past and getting resist all over my screen f:ouch
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Today I had 3 sly fox each waves so I didn't had time to switch my guard so that fail, 1 sly fox ok but 3 each waves is a bit too much, I can't do 15 things in the same times in 3 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • vroumm
    vroumm Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anyway, did anyone happen to kill the boss yet? i have a feeling we need to put all 3 debuffs on him :(

ye i got that feeling too, sage venos got a huge advantage here (sadly im demon lol)
    made it to 900 overall credits twice so far, the last 100 u get when u manage to kill that fat dino boss ffs (ik that cos i killed ALL other shet)
    even tho i had all guards activated it didnt die, so like i said, i guess ur right with ur assumption here
    fear i gotta be faster, only 55% chan here atm
    + the fact that u cant stun it an freeze skills r only a chance to trigger kinda sux...lol

btw @bella:
    i think the sly foxes mainly spawn if u dont activate guards as soon as u got enough credits to do so;
    dont activate the 2nd guard for a bit and ull see theres several slies coming (thats at least the case for me)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    btw @bella:
    i think the sly foxes mainly spawn if u dont activate guards as soon as u got enough credits to do so;
    dont activate the 2nd guard for a bit and ull see theres several slies coming (thats at least the case for me)

The moment I have 100 credit I activate the guard, even when I have 90 I'm ready to skill on the guard, I can't be faster than that. I don't have choice to have 100 credit to activate them. Usually it's fine, but today that was a lot of sly fox..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Foxy_Meko - Lost City
    Foxy_Meko - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually like them being random.
    If it was all the same, we'd get used to it, get the hang of it and then hit max credit eventually.

The way it is now, you need a bit of luck on top of the coordination since you don't know which wave to expect next. That makes things more fun in my opinion. It makes the instance more of a challenge and doesn't become routine-like, as most instances do after some time. Well, at least won't become routine-like too fast.

I agree that it will make the instance too easy, and possibly a money maker for venos (rare pet books), and yes it is more fun indeed. But maybe make it that the mobs isnt random but the resistance is random.

Another thought, what do you guys think if theres 3 puffbirds instead of 1. One will have the slow, other will have the def debuff, and the other one will have the hp debuff.
    I know there's a pattern with the puffbird and the debuffs isnt random, but I think it will be easier having 3 different puffbirds than having to hit the same one until you get the debuff you're looking for. Of course when you hit one the current one will stop using its debuff (only one can be activated).

Lastly, is it just me or sometimes they say "Mobs (Fire Resistance) are coming" but the mobs that comes are phys immune. Happened twice to me now. Maybe I just get confuse from doing so much.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Today I had 3 sly fox each waves so I didn't had time to switch my guard so that fail, 1 sly fox ok but 3 each waves is a bit too much, I can't do 15 things in the same times in 3 seconds.

I feel your pain lol I had 4 foxes back to back yesterday. Needless to say that didn't go too well xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited June 2013
    I cant even kill sly foxes idk what im doing wrong ...

I see them pet runs at them and cant catch it (aka Krowlin) >.>

only way I even damnage it is with veno attack then i already failed cause mobs keep going b:laugh
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, the foxes are weird.
    Yesterday I only had one in all the waves, today 3 or 4 popped up in the same wave twice.
    Good thing the dino is fast and packs a punch, he was able to get all foxes, they're usually 2 shot for dino.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had good luck killing sly foxes using a cactopod with skills off, set on halt along the sly foxes' path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga