New Pet instance discussion

Options

Comments

• Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Was the Kowlin pet able to be evolved too? if so WOOT. . and freaking ****!!! Bones O.O **** being a pet . . .gimme that as a mount any day!!!!!!!

Thats what pwi needs a skeletal mount :D

My update still going I wanna do this instance im excited to give my pet bag a new look and the fact that u can use herc in air and water along w nix in instance. . . . .>.> **** raising for harpy. all i have is semi-envy for it. thanks pwi for giving other venos a chance to polish up too >.> inspite the instance for 100+

NOW question. . . does this mean we can evolve pets and sell em to lowbies? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    TW and NW this weekend is going to be interesting with having to deal with these new pet forms. lol
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I did understand the reading of the instance once in nothing was working, but I finished with -106.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

NOW question. . . does this mean we can evolve pets and sell em to lowbies? O.o

Nope. The evolving process stats that pets will no longer be tradable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    My update still has a bbit to go! Come on I'm excited to try out the goodies I can least acquire. And aw, eh well, the only trial they need is to get to proper level first, again least venomancers can be revived for those who retired em f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If you guys want to know what pets can be evolved/change appearance just take a look on ecatomb ;o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • nonella
    nonella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I went into PK mode to be able to hit the mobs :D Only thing was that pressing F1 etc. didn't work, so needed to press skill using mouse. And this is the result.
    http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/mingrav/2013-06-1915-58-05bmp_zps096516c1.jpg
    I thought that herc was ugly, now this new form has beaten it :D
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wanted to scream and put my fist through my monitor.

Your poor monitor don't deserves this...

Instead, put your fist through the face of the PWI devs who designed this instance.

b:chuckle
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anyone know Morai server venos that did the instance for the 2nd time today? Curious if the 149 star quest thingie is indeed one time only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If you guys want to know what pets can be evolved/change appearance just take a look on ecatomb ;o

I noticed... The Cudly Pup and Piggy evolution's look amazing! I got something to work to now... Will take a while though with only 18 Stars a day... f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anyone know Morai server venos that did the instance for the 2nd time today? Curious if the 149 star quest thingie is indeed one time only.

it was a unique quest, but you get this "exchange 1 for 10" quest daily. so thats 27 items per day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited June 2013
    Options
    it was a unique quest, but you get this "exchange 1 for 10" quest daily. so thats 27 items per day.

Thanks for the reply. Well yeah, I expected it, but it still sucks lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anyone was able to activate a second guard? It says 100 credits required to activate it but after i activate the first one my credits goes to 80 and only decreasing b:cry
    And theres a sloppy of fox or something do we have to kill it? and the feral star pets or smthin like that :D
    Its okay to cry about the points but lets talk about how to run the instance more successfully.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

how exactly does this quest work? I was kind of confused and didn't want to take the risk. You give 1 and get 10 per day?
    Anyone was able to activate a second guard? It says 100 credits required to activate it but after i activate the first one my credits goes to 80 and only decreasing b:cry
    And theres a sloppy of fox or something do we have to kill it? and the feral star pets or smthin like that :D
    Its okay to cry about the points but lets talk about how to run the instance more successfully.
    I read someone turned off protections to attack guards. I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I believe you get Credits for killing mobs or possibly completing the wave without letting anyone through? Sort of like any Turret Def game probably.

At the moment, the only way I know is to aoe the "?" circle in front of the guards. But once the mobs spawn, it becomes a lost cause.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I was able to activate a second guard, but should have changed mode of the first guard I think; the next group were fire immune and both guards were using fire attacks. I ended up with -80 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Leviee - Dreamweaver
    Leviee - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok so I went PK to try this a 2nd time which made attacking the guards/bird way easier. Left the bird on decreased hps and I activated 2 guards before the waves even started ...

Killed the first wave with absolutely NO problem.

Any wave after that even was just a massive tank. I couldn't change the guards back and forth fast enough (you have to change them BEFORE the wave gets to them) and when I did happen to change them they didn't even touch the HPS of the waves.

I just parked my herc in front of where the Foxes route takes them and used him to kill them. And even then if he didn't one shot them they just ran past him. He couldn't keep up.

The boss is a joke with only two guards up. He just runs past even amp'd and his HPS hardly goes down.

No matter what I did I could not activate any other guards. I could not get enough credit and even when I started successfully changing the guards back and forth that I had up none of the waves even remotely came close to being destroyed.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    just got another amazing score of -144... Oh well, better then yesterday's... I might as well just stand still in there 'till all the waves are passed... Got a total of 27 Stars... Still not bad if i do it every day though... I should be able to get my Puppy to 100 and have him evolved within a week or so... f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Mysteriah - Raging Tide
    Mysteriah - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    nonella wrote: »
    I thought that herc was ugly, now this new form has beaten it :D

LOL...omg im so glad im not gonna evolve herc >.<b:shutup
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    LOL...omg im so glad im not gonna evolve herc >.<b:shutup

Hercules is not ugly, it just has a special kind of beauty. b:chuckle
    edited June 2013
    Options

Not ugly indeed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options

Yes b:cute
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    Options
    okay i just failed again at second wave and i tell you why.

the game popsup this message: "a wave of speedy cowlins (fire resistance) appears"

so i change puffbird to slow effect, i change my firedmg guards to phys dmg just to see all the kowlins passing my guards. why? the kowlins had physical immunity.

GG well played PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah the instance has some..bugs...and mistakes...but it has been reported and they are looking into it.
  • EllyFire - Dreamweaver
    EllyFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Aww but I wanted to evolve my nix before NW to see the evolution power! Anyone ever had more than -999999 credits at the end of wave 10?
    "How do you turn this on?"
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    Options
    had a pretty good run on my other veno a few minutes ago, i only failed to kill a cactus (you need to soul degeneration it, found that out on the second cactus) and the boss (it was armored, i didnt change my puffbird to armor break qq + lack of 1 tower because of the missing cactus earlier).

so that means if you kill everything and all the foxes, you reach exactly 1000 credits.

http://i.imgur.com/cZJRjQl.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Options
    had a pretty good run on my other veno a few minutes ago, i only failed to kill a cactus (you need to soul degeneration it, found that out on the second cactus) and the boss (it was armored, i didnt change my puffbird to armor break qq + lack of 1 tower because of the missing cactus earlier).

so that means if you kill everything and all the foxes, you reach exactly 1000 credits.

Wow! Nice job there! f:stare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I hate you, now make video pls. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

How about a walkthrough of what to do? How do you tell what effect the puffbird is giving?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited June 2013
    Options
    How about a walkthrough of what to do? How do you tell what effect the puffbird is giving?

dont be so demanding, im just a normal user like you^^

first off, every run is different, the mob waves are kind of random.

the puffbird gives the following effects in exactly this order:

- it starts with aoe hp reduce
    - attack it and it has an aoe slow
    - attack it again and it has aoe armor break
    - another attack will cause the hp reduce again and so on...

what to do? the game will announce the next waves mobs: (but be careful, sometimes its glitched.)

- speedy kowlins require you to change puffbird to aoe slow
    - armored bears and boss requires you to change puffbird to armor break
    - normal mobs (i left HP debuff on for normal mobs, worked nicely)

- physical immune mobs will require you to change ALL your guards to fire attack by attacking them once. (pve server venos have to go into pk mode, since your noxius gas has a too long cooldown to attack every "?-mob" next to the guard)
    - fire immune mobs will require you to change ALL your guards to physical attack by attacking them once.

how do you get new guards?

- first guard is free, just attack the first guard next to the puffbird once.
    - every 100 credits (usually what u earn for killing an entire wave) you can activate another guard by attack them once. make sure all your guarda are in the same attack mode!
    - there are only 2 guard attack modes, fire or physical. you switch it by attacking it (same procedure as the puffbird)

what are those special mobs?

i spoted a few special mobs, lets hope this list is complete:

- sly fox can be easily killed by your pet. be careful, the puffbird aoe slow also affects your pet and it wont be fast enough to reach the fox anymore. make sure to resummon your pet if its affected by the slow.
    - a little buffed dinosaur - i usually purged and amped them + used stunning blow, towers killed it
    - a little turtle - attack it with your venomancers scarabs
    - cactus requires you to use soul degeneration, because it has a super high heal. guards will then beable to kill it easily
    - boss is kinda hard, i didnt manage to kill it yet, since it was armored and i forgot to switch my puffbird to armor break^^

i hope i did not forget something important, if so, feel free to correct me :D
    and xXBellaXx i love you too f:hush
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    First off, I wanna say I was pretty hyped for that new veno daily, and had barely watched the video of it on the chinese servers but when I went into the actual thing, things went haywire fast and fast indeed.

For someone that was as hyped as me, I found myself pretty frustrated when I saw that the new daily was so complicated and that kinda made my faith in the game fall below even more.

However, I do want to thank you, RankNine, for sharing your experience and your tricks with the rest of us. I can't really say if I'm going to stop getting frustrated at the game but one thing's for sure, this is going to help me.

When I get the hang of it, I might even think of making a video of it (that is, before Desdi makes one before I do mine D:).

b:cute

Edit: And why are the forums still displaying my veno as being 71? I'm 101, dang it! D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3