CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you. I was panicking.... b:shocked
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Vitzh - Heavens Tear
    Vitzh - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't know if this has been posted but.

I didn't know what to do after this update so I went in PK. This didn't let me attack normal (target, ranged skill press), however holding ctrl and actually clicking the skill on bar works. Seems only some skills work, Venom Scarab did not work, Noxious Gas and Lucky Scarab worked.

Overall still stupid instance and I intend to do the same as always, stand there and AFK for 10mins for loser rewards. Needs a lot of fixing before I care to do more.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ^Fully agree

Also Blazing scarab works
    Have no clue why venom doesn't
    What a total fail this instance became
    -.-
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seems like they ruined it even further... Glad I won't be actually needing the Stars for a while now... f:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually evolved all my pets, just collecting now to get my nix to my level once I ding. Honestly had no problem though after getting into PK mode o,o And venomous scarab worked fine for me.

I want that extra star npc back though >:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Venomous scarab worked for me as well.

The only problem for me was the second NPC not being there so we have lesser stars now which, honestly, suck if you have multiple pets to reroll/reshape like I do >.> I'm not very lucky with the rerolls.

The invisible monsters disappearing is a big problem too because this means you are absolutely required to enter PK mode just to start it.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    i have some good news for all non pk enabled venomancer

the event still works but u need to show/hide the quest again as soon u are ready to start.
    after u do that the hidden target will be targetable.
    looks like u have to do this after each wave, but i am not sure, because the time was to short to test this all.
    but however, always better the chance to start this event and get 18 ferals instead of nothing.

the 2. npc after finish is still missing whatever u do.

it worked for me on that way!

I found this in the bug report thread.
    Can someone try it and confirm it? I'll try it out also later today.

This will at least let Venomancers to activate the instance and AFK if it does work.
  • Ynxi - Archosaur
    Ynxi - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As long as i have my harpy out and on defend i dont have a problem with starting the waves without pk mode.
    Just targetting normally doesnt work anymore so i just run up to the invisible mob til it attacks me and harpy hits it aoe xD
    Tho really is this still considered an instance? Or just a waitquest? :p
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As long as i have my harpy out and on defend i dont have a problem with starting the waves without pk mode.
    Just targetting normally doesnt work anymore so i just run up to the invisible mob til it attacks me and harpy hits it aoe xD
    Tho really is this still considered an instance? Or just a waitquest? :p

Thanks for that tip. I was upset yesterday that I couldn't start it (the show/hide thing didn't work for me) but I'll stick my pet on defend and an aoe skill today and give it a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thing is...
    Howcome they can't treat the instance like nw or tw where you are only turned into pk for that instance
    It would make much more sense
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Thing is...
    Howcome they can't treat the instance like nw or tw where you are only turned into pk for that instance

..or cube PK rooms. This is what I was wondering too.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thing is...

I have a feeling it was suppose to be that way. I've noticed my name turns pink when I start the wave.
  • Alayasha - Heavens Tear
    Alayasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i stood in the instance next to the ghost thing but never was able to have it work b:cry really sucks this is my favorite daily to do and i really dont want to go into pk mode just for it, i hope it is fixed soon b:sad
  • OldArcher - Heavens Tear
    OldArcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't know if this has been posted but.

I didn't know what to do after this update so I went in PK. This didn't let me attack normal (target, ranged skill press), however holding ctrl and actually clicking the skill on bar works. Seems only some skills work, Venom Scarab did not work, Noxious Gas and Lucky Scarab worked.

Overall still stupid instance and I intend to do the same as always, stand there and AFK for 10mins for loser rewards. Needs a lot of fixing before I care to do more.

here is my tips on this in PK

change your control for venomous scarab, I wish this game was like others and let you have 2 ways to use skills but this is what I do.
    in pk mode on veno
    I press k at start of instance change keypress 1 my venomous scarab skill button cause its fastest, and change it to CTRL +1 this way as your holding CTRL you can attack npc's normally when pressing 1 rather then mashing both together till it works lol hate that.

hope that helps ya, if you dont do that you have to press CTLR and 1 together at the same time and I know what you mean about clicking the skills on skill bar while holding CTRL but they work if you do what I said if you change all the controls to CTRL + 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ext lol then make CTRL stuck down with a penny or something. b:laugh

I did that with all the controls one time to try it, cause if your holding control and press anything but the 1 you changed you cant debuff/attack the adds at start of waves.

but I only change 1 control now and change it back after its over, doing that insures when I want to attack guard there is no hesitation it just attacks it when I hold CTRL down all the time when I am changing it.

disadvantage to that is you have to hold CTRL to attack adds too cause I use Venomous scarab to attack the turtle too.its close enough to the 1 key so not worried :p

also hint number 2:

dont activate the first guard first
    I always start with the second last one in the circle so the second last guard that the mobs pass before they enter that circle of fail :p

that helps me cause then I can stand at the puff bird longer and concentrate on killing foxes at the start of the wave rather then having to change all the guards and missing the fox cause have to change guards before mobs reach em.

it got annoying to me lol this way is more relaxing and easier for me cause now I get 1k score everyday doing that.

tip 3
    some people say use nox gas on the final boss when it reaches puff bird or before, but I dont do that anymore it has a chance to fail, on wave 8 after the mobs pass the puff bird and you sorted guards right attack, change the puff bird to the slow debuff to start.

and if the wave 9 starts with the turtle I ignore it till after I get the last boss debuffed and guard activated.

that way boss is slowed if nothing else, then I go into fox form and use stunning blow when it reaches puff bird then go human and attack puff bird 2x.

I use stunning blow cause its 100% accurate never fails Im sage with sage stunning blow don't know if that makes a difference.
    then soon after I attack the puff bird 2x I activate the first guard before boss moves, then run and activate the very last guard cause at wave 8 you have 200 point to activate the last 2 not activated yet.

tip 4
    I stand at the puff bird wait for the add at the beginning of waves if its the turtle I sage spark and kill it in 2-3 hits and change puff bird accordingly, other 2 I change into fog and purge dino or soul degen the cactus and change back and change puff bird accordingly.

love my method I have more time to stand around not doing much then when I activated first guard to last I never got 1k score doing that.
    video illustration of what I do to start.... was going to record the whole thing and show but it was soo laggy I failed
    http://youtu.be/e8OOpWDz5DE

the prob it was that choppy was camista setting 100 frames per sec >.< didnt realize till I looked after
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just went in and activated and everything... But now it keeps telling me to press CTRL and attack a guard with a skill... I'm doing that in all possible ways but it's not working... I only have 1 hour and 50 minutes left... What must I do? plz help me our here... b:surrender

Edit: Solved and done now... Feel free to discuss about the instance here... b:cute

This area event has not been fixed and it seems PWI developers have made it so it will not work at all. SO until it is fixed keep harassing them about getting it fixed. Other wise it will remain on the self until they get sick of hearing from outraged venos. b:angry
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • XX_FoXxy_Xx - Archosaur
    XX_FoXxy_Xx - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How the heck do you do this quest ? Ivew followed all advice in here and still nothing.