New Veno's Pets: Simply a Failure

2»

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully later there will be a sale for these new pets and then more venos can get them.
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Both of you!

b:chuckle

Ok ok I'll stop.

Aside from all that, I am excited for the new changes but I myself will be waiting on a sale-placing bets now but that might not come until 2-3 months from now or for Black Friday *fingers crossed*
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Avatars in forums can be deceptive. U see them in forums and the real toon can give suprises in the game. So, who is the one who should be careful?

it's one thing to be careful and another thing to be paranoid. for example, I can reasonably assume that you bought that veno account and never played a day; after all, you said that venos need desperately a water pet. cheers
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's irksome is that venos are the weakest class in the game yet they are the most expensive. Spend $1,000 to get pets that still get 1-shot by other players, by bosses, etc. Spend thousands to get r9 to still be low on hp, damage, and defenses compared to other classes. It's absurd.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We basically got our own version of the Mystic's Storm Mistress.

How much does a Mystic Storm Mistress cost compared to the venomancer's harpy?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's one thing to be careful and another thing to be paranoid. for example, I can reasonably assume that you bought that veno account and never played a day; after all, you said that venos need desperately a water pet. cheers

Assuming is equal than guessing or wondering about something without having a physical evidence.

Since u arent really sure how i got my acct. , ur best option is to stay quite.

The day u can prove this, don't talk to me in forums, just go directly to pwi support team and accuss me.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    karmelia wrote: »

For a lv11 mistress: 2,279,900 coins + 2,214,600 spirit + book + mp costs. The mp costs over a long period of time is not an easy thing to calculate, but it is a constant drain.

Assuming ecatomb is accurate.
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's irksome is that venos are the weakest class in the game yet they are the most expensive. Spend $1,000 to get pets that still get 1-shot by other players, by bosses, etc. Spend thousands to get r9 to still be low on hp, damage, and defenses compared to other classes. It's absurd.

Make sense to me thier naturally weaker of the fact theres 2 agianst one doesnt mean anythinng or the fact you can stun with nix purge then zap us to death. I get where your coming from i really do but you gotta admit you do have advantages when it comes to skills and arsenal. It all comes down to how you use your class. I see I used to one shot nix now they just wont die now i gotta deal with that thing doing 2-3k off me in air while a veno does 4-6k per hit depending on wep woot thats fair.Amp me purge me then sick your pet and skills on me. Look at wiz hit hardest on the game but the channeling is forever balance is needed.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I know...
    I can't justify the price of the Harpy compared to the Storm Mistress.
    I'll need someone to test the damage of a lvl11 Storm Mistress vs. evolved Harpy when I get mine there.

I wonder though... Someone mentioned the fact that the Mistress needs MP to use its skills so in the long run the Mistress might not be as cheap as we think. Probably still can't compare but eh, I really want to test things out and see which one does better.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's nice to have various options if you're a veno and planed on getting a legendary pet. So 4 is better than 2.
    But as a Veno who already has Herc/Nix +Dino, I don't see much reason to get either of the other 2, considering their expense.
    I'd rather spend the coin/gold on my gear instead.
    Chance is also good that they'll get cheaper as time goes by anyway, so having one first is really just the thing of being "first", and I'm not concerned with being first XD

Though perhaps of the 2 new ones the Harpy would be the most interesting to get, considering its AOE capabilities, but I don't believe that the power of those AOEs would be enough to justify me going to the expense of buying one right away. Especially if compared to the Mystic Mistress, which while powerful isn't so powerful that I'm persuaded that the Harpy version would be shockingly different. So after I'm finished my gear, I might save up to get the Harpy, but that's a very distant and minor goal that will probably keep being pushed back the higher my gear/refine goals get.

Though the 2 new ones do have the benefit of being air/land/water immediately, compared to the herc/nix. However, seeing as the majority of high-level venos have herc or nix or both already, that is probably going to be something that newer venos are more commonly getting first if at all, considering that evolving them will give herc and nix that capability in the end anyway.

From all responses it seems that Herc will be a better tank over the King anyway, so I would still recommend solo venos to get Herc first if they wanted a legendary pet.

Just because I don't want them doesn't mean I think King/Harpy are fail though, just different.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Mistress = a mystic skill

Harpy = a veno battle pet

Why people compare skills and battle pets?

It's not the same thing and they don't have the same utility.

It's like when veno complain that ''QQ mystic summons's stats is base on the mystic's gears, it's unfair...'', battle pet is an animal used by a veno to fight by their side, summons skills are summons created by mystic by a magic spell, we cast our summons, they are a spell, veno pets are animals, not a magic spell. Veno's attack skills damage is base on your magic attack and weapon damage right? Well mistress and our other summons are skills so yes our skills summons stats are base on our gears/m.attack/weapon like any other class skills, all skills (except buff/debuff/passive skills) are base on the attack/weapon of the person, mystic is not a exception.

I do understand the venomancers jealousy back in time we was running caster cause they had no useful pets for that instance while mystic skill summon mistress was useful, but now caster is dead and venomancers have no reason to envy a summon skill.

Summons skills=/=Battle pets.

Venomancers battle pets are animals they tame and use them as battle pet, our summons are skills on our skills tree, we learn them as skills we don't go tame them. We need mana to cast them cause they are skills, venomancers doesn't cast their pets they call them.

http://pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.php

Go check mystic, our summons are all there with a mana cost, channeling time, cast time, cooldown time and a Required Cultivation. It's skills like other skills that we need to lvl 1-10 and they have a demon/sage version lvl11.

So summons are skills, pets are not skills, stop compare the mystic's skills to venomancers battle pets.

I do play both venomancer and mystic and summons skills and pets don't have the same utility.

Did you ever saw people buy their all class baby bear 1m and come complain ''QQ veno can tame the baby bear for free and have it with skills, I BUY it for 1m and it doesn't have skills and do nothing QQ...'', no cause they don't have the same utility, a battle pet is use to fight and a all class pet is use to be a cute companion.

Venomancers have over 50 ''monsters'' they can tame, cause their battle pets are animals they tame and turn into a battle pets, on mystic we don't have any choice cause summons are skills, our choice is which one we cast at which moment.

Also why you think mystics cannot names their summons? It will be silly to give a name to a skill that already have a name, while venomancer can names their pets since they are not a magic spell casted , but are existing animals.

So yes to me it make sens that on over 50 monsters a venomancer can tame that there's 4 rare pets that need to be bought from the boutique, while mystic's summons are skills. We do pay with spirit, money to lvl our summons skills from 1 to 11 and we need to pay the sage/demon book.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm really tired to see people compare oranges with apples, summons are skills, pets are not, stop compare mystic skills, with your battle pets, it's not the same thing.
    What's irksome is that venos are the weakest class in the game yet they are the most expensive.

Lol... veno is the cheapest class to play and also not the weakest class. You do something wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Lol... veno is the cheapest class to play and also not the weakest class. You do something wrong. (+1 to this too)
    Honestily, it always irked me a bit when people compare something that's originating from a skill and something that's an 'animal', too.

But if you've read the mystic 'story-line'... thing where they go out and get their 'pets', they have to go out and create these 'pacts'/some magical connection or whatnot with the mistresses/salvations/plants/devil and... it's really weird. Fascinating, but weird. So it's not entireily true that without their... whatevers that they'd be able to just create a spirit-splice or blahblah out of the void, they're still 'separate' things originating from the true host(??). [Not saying that it's any closer to just going out and taming some wild animal like venos do, though] It's like how some 'mystic NPC' broke the ring that connected him to his mistress, and after it broke she lost all respect for him and broke their contract so he couldn't summon a ditto of her anymore.
    Euh......
    But who reads the quest dialouge to see all that, anyway... (especially when it doesn't even apply to the players of mystics at all, so they really are just in 'application' skills...)
    I don't even know where I was going with this but your post reminded me of how weird mystics are.... OTL

Anyway! but yeah, apparentily the cooldown/casting time for the harpy skills basically lets them use it repeatedily, like the mistress' attack skill does, but without draining mana of the veno which I think is pretty awesome and something that doesn't sound like it should be 'free'.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

It's like when veno complain that ''QQ mystic summons's stats is base on the mystic's gears, it's unfair...'', battle pet is an animal used by a veno to fight by their side, summons skills are summons created by mystic by a magic spell, we cast our summons, they are a spell, veno pets are animals, not a magic spell. Veno's attack skills damage is base on your magic attack and weapon damage right? Well mistress and our other summons are skills so yes our skills summons stats are base on our gears/m.attack/weapon like any other class skills, all skills (except buff/debuff/passive skills) are base on the attack/weapon of the person, mystic is not a exception.

I do understand the venomancers jealousy back in time we was running caster cause they had no useful pets for that instance while mystic skill summon mistress was useful, but now caster is dead and venomancers have no reason to envy a summon skill.

Summons skills=/=Battle pets.

Venomancers battle pets are animals they tame and use them as battle pet, our summons are skills on our skills tree, we learn them as skills we don't go tame them. We need mana to cast them cause they are skills, venomancers doesn't cast their pets they call them.

http://pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.php

Go check mystic, our summons are all there with a mana cost, channeling time, cast time, cooldown time and a Required Cultivation. It's skills like other skills that we need to lvl 1-10 and they have a demon/sage version lvl11.

So summons are skills, pets are not skills, stop compare the mystic's skills to venomancers battle pets.

I do play both venomancer and mystic and summons skills and pets don't have the same utility.

Did you ever saw people buy their all class baby bear 1m and come complain ''QQ veno can tame the baby bear for free and have it with skills, I BUY it for 1m and it doesn't have skills and do nothing QQ...'', no cause they don't have the same utility, a battle pet is use to fight and a all class pet is use to be a cute companion.

Venomancers have over 50 ''monsters'' they can tame, cause their battle pets are animals they tame and turn into a battle pets, on mystic we don't have any choice cause summons are skills, our choice is which one we cast at which moment.

Also why you think mystics cannot names their summons? It will be silly to give a name to a skill that already have a name, while venomancer can names their pets since they are not a magic spell casted , but are existing animals.

So yes to me it make sens that on over 50 monsters a venomancer can tame that there's 4 rare pets that need to be bought from the boutique, while mystic's summons are skills. We do pay with spirit, money to lvl our summons skills from 1 to 11 and we need to pay the sage/demon book.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm really tired to see people compare oranges with apples, summons are skills, pets are not, stop compare mystic skills, with your battle pets, it's not the same thing.

Lol... veno is the cheapest class to play and also not the weakest class. You do something wrong.

That is the most ilogical idea , i have read in this forums so far. Try gettin Herc or/and Nix or the new pets for 9999 items and u will see how cheap venos are.

No other class has to pay real or in-game money for this, not even mystics. In addition to this, venos also have to spend money in their gears also.

That is how cheap venos are.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lets be real here...the gear needed to play a veno effectively is a hell of a lot less than any other class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lets be real here...the gear needed to play a veno effectively is a hell of a lot less than any other class.

No; you could get away with far less as a Wizard. On top of that; wizards don't have to buy pet bag space to be more effective. They don't have to feed pets. They don't waste coin every tiime they upgrade a pet and have it be made obsolete by a newer one. They don't have to switch forms for more pdef. They have similar ranged AoE ability, and superior close range sustainable AoE.

You can play a veno in cheap gear, but gl with that when squadding.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited June 2013
    That is the most ilogical idea , i have read in this forums so far. Try gettin Herc or/and Nix or the new pets for 9999 items and u will see how cheap venos are.

I do have a nix and a herc on my venomancer.
    No other class has to pay real or in-game money for this, not even mystics. In addition to this, venos also have to spend money in their gears also.

There's great free pets, the legendary are not needed.

Casters gears are not the most expensive ones, specially for support class like veno and mystic for PVE squad, for solo stuff a veno don't need OP gears if the herc can solo, while the mystic need decent gears since the mystic is the tank when he solo something.
    That is how cheap venos are.

Yes in the past veno with herc was took over non-herc veno in squad and veno with nix in TW factions, but it's not the case anymore (unless people on PVE servers are **** and do ask for herc/nix).

I never saw a venomancer kick out a squad cause no herc. (Speaking now, not 3-4 years ago)

I did get nix/herc cause I wanted them, not needed them, I'll be honest and tell you that the only reason I wanted them was to show off, that's all.

If people want to complain about the price of the new pets go ahead, but don't use mystic skills for compare with the battle pets. Just say that the legendary battle pets suck and don't worth 70m.

Still want to compare mystic summons skills to battle pets?

Take the cragg and herc.

Herc cost 70m
    No chi needed.
    Not timed.
    Don't cost mana.
    No CD.
    Can be use to solo instances to farm money.

Cragg cost minimum 36m. (6m for lvl 1-11 and 30m minimum the book for lvl11)
    Cost 2 sparks. (Demon version is broke and always cost 2 sparks)
    Last 20-23 seconds.
    1950 mana cost to cast.
    60 seconds CD.
    Cannot be use to solo instances to farm money.

So for 34m more than a mystic for cragg a veno can get a legendary pet that is not timed, cost no chi, no mana, no CD and can be use to solo instances to farm money. (Cragg also cost us 5m spirit and cannot be use as a tank)

Our 3 other summons skills together (Mistress, Devil and Salvation) cost total around 35m (including the money that cost for lvl1-11 and the books lvl11), also around 7.2m spirit. They all cost mana to cast and we need to constantly feed them with our mana so they can use their skills. So veno pay 35m more for the legendary nix, that cost no mana at all.

Also our skills requisite a certain cultivation to learn them and lvl them.

A veno can use herc and solo TT to farm even if the veno have **** gears since it's the herc that tank, a mystic with **** gears could not solo TT even with his summons. So mystic do pay money for their skills summons, but to solo farm TT they need to have decent gears, while veno pay ~35m more for a herc, but don't need great gears since the herc is use as tank.

So you compare sumons skills with battle pet, that actually cost you 35m more than a mystic on his summons while you can use the herc to farm, but the 35m more you pay on pets, we pay it on our gears, cause mystic is the tank when he solo something the summons assist help us.

Our skills lvl11 are way more expensive than veno, yes veno have 25 skills that can be lvl 11 and mystic 18, but we have only one skill under 5m which is AS all the rest of our skills are over 5m and some reach 50m, while veno have a lot of skills that cost 500k-1m, the most expensive skill I saw for veno was summer sprint at 20m. Just wood mastery, which is the same skill for both veno and mystic (same sage/demon version) cost 1m for veno and can reach 50m for mystic. (I'm not exaggerating, I sold mystic sage wood mastery 40m last night and I took the first offer I got cause didn't wanted to put in shop or wc for hours)

So our 4 summons skills are not as free as veno think, total it cost us minimum 70m (depending on the price of the books for lvl11), none of them can be use to solo instance and farm cause none of them have enough defense to tank a boss (TT), yes mystic have the ability to solo stuff, but it's cause of our healing skills and good defenses, not cause of our summons, our summons will help to do it faster that's all.

Still think that pay 35m more for a legendary pet more than a mystic on his summons his unfair? Even if mystics have way much more expensive skills lvl11?

Let's talk about flyers, veno can get a 3.2 flyer for less than 20m and a 3.3 for around 50m. Mystic 3.0 flyer cost 20m, there's no 3.2 flyers for EG and the 3.3 flyers for EG are 150-200m. So we need to pay 100-180m more than a veno to have a flyer faster than 3.0 and it's without counting the amount of p.stones we spend in the 3.0 flyer to use the speed to be able to catch other players in PVP/TW/NW. (trust me it's a lot of p.stones)

So veno that still think that mystic is a free class and that veno is crazy expensive are idiot that doesn't take 2 seconds to think that every class have stuff to pay, archers that play since 3-4 years how much you think they paid in arrows, barbs and bm on repairs? Clerics, Wizz, psy and mystic on pots? Veno cost pretty much almost no mp pots, while other caster need to use pots, cleric need to buy mp charm to use plume shell, when I was playing cleric that was 1-2 mp charms each week, at 3m the charm that make around 300m a year just in mp charms to be able to use 1 skill.

Wow that wall of text. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Spectralis - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    I do have a nix and a herc on my venomancer.

There's great free pets, the legendary are not needed.

Casters gears are not the most expensive ones, specially for support class like veno and mystic for PVE squad, for solo stuff a veno don't need OP gears if the herc can solo, while the mystic need decent gears since the mystic is the tank when he solo something.

Yes in the past veno with herc was took over non-herc veno in squad and veno with nix in TW factions, but it's not the case anymore (unless people on PVE servers are **** and do ask for herc/nix).

I never saw a venomancer kick out a squad cause no herc. (Speaking now, not 3-4 years ago)

I did get nix/herc cause I wanted them, not needed them, I'll be honest and tell you that the only reason I wanted them was to show off, that's all.

If people want to complain about the price of the new pets go ahead, but don't use mystic skills for compare with the battle pets. Just say that the legendary battle pets suck and don't worth 70m.

Still want to compare mystic summons skills to battle pets?

Take the cragg and herc.

Herc cost 70m
    No chi needed.
    Not timed.
    Don't cost mana.
    No CD.
    Can be use to solo instances to farm money.

Cragg cost minimum 36m. (6m for lvl 1-11 and 30m minimum the book for lvl11)
    Cost 2 sparks. (Demon version is broke and always cost 2 sparks)
    Last 20-23 seconds.
    1950 mana cost to cast.
    60 seconds CD.
    Cannot be use to solo instances to farm money.

So for 34m more than a mystic for cragg a veno can get a legendary pet that is not timed, cost no chi, no mana, no CD and can be use to solo instances to farm money. (Cragg also cost us 5m spirit and cannot be use as a tank)

Our 3 other summons skills together (Mistress, Devil and Salvation) cost total around 35m (including the money that cost for lvl1-11 and the books lvl11), also around 7.2m spirit. They all cost mana to cast and we need to constantly feed them with our mana so they can use their skills. So veno pay 35m more for the legendary nix, that cost no mana at all.

Also our skills requisite a certain cultivation to learn them and lvl them.

A veno can use herc and solo TT to farm even if the veno have **** gears since it's the herc that tank, a mystic with **** gears could not solo TT even with his summons. So mystic do pay money for their skills summons, but to solo farm TT they need to have decent gears, while veno pay ~35m more for a herc, but don't need great gears since the herc is use as tank.

So you compare sumons skills with battle pet, that actually cost you 35m more than a mystic on his summons while you can use the herc to farm, but the 35m more you pay on pets, we pay it on our gears, cause mystic is the tank when he solo something the summons assist help us.

Our skills lvl11 are way more expensive than veno, yes veno have 25 skills that can be lvl 11 and mystic 18, but we have only one skill under 5m which is AS all the rest of our skills are over 5m and some reach 50m, while veno have a lot of skills that cost 500k-1m, the most expensive skill I saw for veno was summer sprint at 20m. Just wood mastery, which is the same skill for both veno and mystic (same sage/demon version) cost 1m for veno and can reach 50m for mystic. (I'm not exaggerating, I sold mystic sage wood mastery 40m last night and I took the first offer I got cause didn't wanted to put in shop or wc for hours)

So our 4 summons skills are not as free as veno think, total it cost us minimum 70m (depending on the price of the books for lvl11), none of them can be use to solo instance and farm cause none of them have enough defense to tank a boss (TT), yes mystic have the ability to solo stuff, but it's cause of our healing skills and good defenses, not cause of our summons, our summons will help to do it faster that's all.

Still think that pay 35m more for a legendary pet more than a mystic on his summons his unfair? Even if mystics have way much more expensive skills lvl11?

Let's talk about flyers, veno can get a 3.2 flyer for less than 20m and a 3.3 for around 50m. Mystic 3.0 flyer cost 20m, there's no 3.2 flyers for EG and the 3.3 flyers for EG are 150-200m. So we need to pay 100-180m more than a veno to have a flyer faster than 3.0 and it's without counting the amount of p.stones we spend in the 3.0 flyer to use the speed to be able to catch other players in PVP/TW/NW. (trust me it's a lot of p.stones)

So veno that still think that mystic is a free class and that veno is crazy expensive are idiot that doesn't take 2 seconds to think that every class have stuff to pay, archers that play since 3-4 years how much you think they paid in arrows, barbs and bm on repairs? Clerics, Wizz, psy and mystic on pots? Veno cost pretty much almost no mp pots, while other caster need to use pots, cleric need to buy mp charm to use plume shell, when I was playing cleric that was 1-2 mp charms each week, at 3m the charm that make around 300m a year just in mp charms to be able to use 1 skill.

Wow that wall of text. xD

Responding:

1) Venos legendary pets aren't gotten just to impress others, they are needed. A veno without these pets are less effective that the one with it.

2) Squads are meant to get difficult tasks done, such bh's, noone will ever get kicked out from them without a reason. However, if the squad cant get a tank, it expects venos to do the tanking.

3) It isnt true that regular pests are good enough for venos and nothin else is needed. Nivastok Brave, from Avalache Caynon is a IvI 95 pet and still, is squishy as hell. In addition to this, tankin Frost from SP for example with a regular pet, is impossible

4) Herc and Nix could be cheap now but, in the past they costed a lot of hell more to be gotten without payin real money. On this days, the fastest way to get them is payin for a pet's ticket (100mil) in some cases. If this isnt enough, ppl cant afford this money cause : A) It is to expensive for them and B) The ticket isnt a regualr item available all the time.
    It will cost $225.00 to get the new pets at this time (2000 items x $45.00), using real money.

5) Flyers 3.00 / 6.00 which are decent ones can be obtained by any class, pwi even gives discounts for them using real money. If ppl expect to get the new ones, they will have to wait a long time.

6) Items: A smart mystic will learn first to manage the usage of mp's, also the Apothecary manufacturin skills can help a lot to obtain mp's pots. If ppl use charms all the time to get
    tasks done, they would be broken or probably would have left this game already.

7) Skills: Every class have expensive skills to upgrade, venos aren't the exception to this rule and also have great payments to do here.

8) In Short: No matter how cheap u try to make venos to appear, they are a expensive class to play.
    edited June 2013
    Responding:

1) Venos legendary pets aren't gotten just to impress others, they are needed. A veno without these pets are less effective that the one with it.

2) Squads are meant to get difficult tasks done, such bh's, noone will ever get kicked out from them without a reason. However, if the squad cant get a tank, it expects venos to do the tanking.

3) It isnt true that regular pests are good enough for venos and nothin else is needed. Nivastok Brave, from Avalache Caynon is a IvI 95 pet and still, is squishy as hell. In addition to this, tankin Frost from SP for example with a regular pet, is impossible

4) Herc and Nix could be cheap now but, in the past they costed a lot of hell more to be gotten without payin real money. On this days, the fastest way to get them is payin for a pet's ticket (100mil) in some cases. If this isnt enough, ppl cant afford this money cause : A) It is to expensive for them and B) The ticket isnt a regualr item available all the time.
    It will cost $225.00 to get the new pets at this time (2000 items x $45.00), using real money.

5) Flyers 3.00 / 6.00 which are decent ones can be obtained by any class, pwi even gives discounts for them using real money. If ppl expect to get the new ones, they will have to wait a long time.

6) Items: A smart mystic will learn first to manage the usage of mp's, also the Apothecary manufacturin skills can help a lot to obtain mp's pots. If ppl use charms all the time to get
    tasks done, they would be broken or probably would have left this game already.

7) Skills: Every class have expensive skills to upgrade, venos aren't the exception to this rule and also have great payments to do here.

8) In Short: No matter how cheap u try to make venos to appear, they are a expensive class to play.

You do something wrong girl, I play veno, wizz, cleric and mystic and my veno is the one that cost me the less money.

Herc and nix are not needed. I know a lot of people that don't have it and they don't have any issue to get anything done. The best veno I know don't have nix and herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just agree to disagree. Let's not make this another Venomancer vs. Mystic thread f:worry

Anything I said about the Harpy vs. Storm Mistress was out of curiosity since those two are quite alike (aoe attack, spamable attack) so let's get back on topic and drop that argument.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013

When's the last time you saw a skill that had 4 skills and an auto attack?
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    When's the last time you saw a skill that had 4 skills and an auto attack?

When was the last time you saw a pet (an animal) getting litterally absorbed (via energy leech) to give their owner stat boosts ?

I agree, they are somewhat special for a "skill", but they still aren't pets. Pets are actual animals who were tamed and are able to be trained in order to lvl up or get new skills; while Mystics have summons who are... I'd say "entities" created from the mystic's magical energy (that's why it takes mana to summon them, and why they need to be fed with your own mana in order to use their skills). Pets are living creatures, they have their own existence that doesn't depend on their veno. Summons don't actually exist without their Mystic. Their existence being directly linked to their Mystic's, it totally makes sense that their stats and lvl depends on said Mystic. Also that's why they don't lose "loyalty" when they die and can be re-summoned directly without needing a rez. They aren't "loyal" to you, since they don't get "attached" to you, they are a sort of "extension" of your own Mystic. Also they don't actually "die", they simply vanish.

So, they may have 3 skills (not 4, btw) and an auto-attack, the concept of "summons" is still very different from pets. That's why summons and pet have different uses, different capacities and different costs.
    edited June 2013
    Just agree to disagree. Let's not make this another Venomancer vs. Mystic thread f:worry

Anything I said about the Harpy vs. Storm Mistress was out of curiosity since those two are quite alike (aoe attack, spamable attack) so let's get back on topic and drop that argument.

As mystic myself it's just really annoying that veno constantly cry about the price using mystic to compare. Every class have something to pay, archers pay arrow constantly, expensive flyer for EG, high repairs bills for melee class, crazy expensive price for skills. A veno can deal without a nix and herc, while a archer cannot deal without arrow, melee cannot do nothing if they don't repairs their equipment, it's a big disadvantage for a EG in PVP to have a 3.0 flyer, I think it's something that that a lot of people from PVE server don't understand since they don't PVP. Every class have stuff to pay, veno is not the most expensive class of the 10.

As veno when I see other veno complain that veno is expensive that just make me facepalm cause veno is the cheapest class to play and I think some veno don't realize it cause they play it wrong or have never play other class and all they see it's the herc and nix.

On topic, I know the nix is not a new pet, but I do consider the evolve form sort of new and I would not call it failure, but I'm really disappointed, with all the pets update as PVP/TW veno I was really hopping something would be made for the survivability and after evolved my nix and made test the evolved nix is still a 1-2 shots (from players), I love the new look and to have more skills, but in a way what's the point since it's still a 1-2 shots flying chicken? But that's for me as PVP/TW person, I guess PVE people are really happy with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Lol. I'm sorry, but no. Every class has to repair their gear. You can argue over how often it needs to be repaired but that's not the same thing. Archers can also get "free' arrows from guild bases for base points (whatever its called). Every class needs gear and the "rare" fliers. If a veno (or anything other than an EG) DIDN'T buy a rare/fast flier then they too would be stuck with just what's in the boutique, and that's equally slow, so again, moot point. Charms/pots all depends on the person and the play style, and if you ask me, any class is a failure if they opt to not wear a charm meanwhile they die constantly cuz they cant keep themselves alive. Moving on.

The way a veno was designed (which doesnt account for all the gear improvements in the game and monster/dungeon difficulty changes) makes them require a pet to balance them out. The legendary pets arent even good enough to mitigate the disparity and the legendary pets are the cream of the crop. Similar to how you need g16 to even "compete" these days, a veno has ALWAYS needed a herc and nix (now harpy and monkey) to "compete" and not be a failure.

Pets are somewhat an extension of the veno's gear, and i guess the mystic's too. The difference is mystics get theirs for free, they dont have to feed it with hay/meat/cookies, they dont have to waste precious time reviving the stupid things, and they dont have to spend 200-300 gold to get each of them.

To say that the mystic/EG burden of needing a fast fly mount is somehow equal to a veno's need to have good pets is just absurd. To even remotely suggest that the costs are anywhere near equal is also absurd. You're talking 1,200 gold for pets that NO OTHER CLASS could need or want, vs a 100 mil fly mount that is essentially an all-class expense for vanity and convenience.

Tl;dr?
    You can't compare maintenance fees with the cost to obtain something essential.
    "A veno can just use a free pet" -- A mystic can just use a free kite. Just because you can doesn't mean it's good enough.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    I agree with Vinat; venos are for the rich. I'd trade my veno for another mystic.

+12 weapon or derp pets you sit behind healing. -tough one! -lol
    edited June 2013
    a veno has ALWAYS needed a herc and nix (now harpy and monkey) to "compete" and not be a failure.

Wow that's the most stupid thing I ever saw, so you call all venomancers that don't have herc and nix failures?

Lol... you most fail at playing veno if you can't do it without a herc and nix...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too bad this game is fail friendly >.> otherwise I'd tell some of these failures to uninstall the game.

QQing about an AOE pet really? You have more AOEs for PVE, good for you.

Also veno doesn't even need a pet, it is just an accessory and most of the time they get in the way in AOE/PVP/nirvana/NW. You spend more time babysitting your pet reviving over and over instead of actually fighting. So this required herc/nix business is epic failure. It doesn't take rocket science to easily kill mobs and bosses when you tank yourself (with a healer if you're tanking bosses/large groups) most of these noobs can't because they are used to having the pet tank for them.

Also , by low and mid levels you don't even need to wear a piece of armor if you have a buffed ranged pet (That's what makes the hercs so strong for those levels don't they?) -_-" .

Instead of investing in proper gear, they invest in pets that was useless at endgame, then claiming venoes are the weakest class (again, this is "uninstall please" material) all because of the pets not giving handouts to the class like back in the day. Their bramble works in PVP that is actually worth doing (NW, DOT, etc), their pets can still stun, they get scary morai skills, purify spell, and their pet gets updated and they still QQ? Seems like they just want pets that are like gods or something, total BS.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Also veno doesn't even need a pet, it is just an accessory and most of the time they get in the way in AOE/PVP/nirvana/NW. You spend more time babysitting your pet reviving over and over instead of actually fighting.

This.

Now with the evolution thing it's understandable when a veno (with an evolved or new CS pet) uses one in a dungeon, it's new, they're testing. Before it was just something to laugh and roll your eyes at. If the pet wasn't a herc or a nix you'd kinda deserve to be kicked out of the squad at end game. I suppose I expected too much in assuming that people would glean this from the last post: If you want to be a veno and want to use a pet at all you'd better be using a cash shop pet if you want to appear to be giving it any effort or be minimally competent.

I know that's going to upset plenty of venos but it is what it is.