Heartseeker movement bug

Options
KingCrash - Dreamweaver
KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Quality Corner
I'm not sure how frequent this happens to people when they use the heartseeker skill or have been in squad with those who have used it, but sometimes when this skill is used on a mob, that mob will get hit with the immobilization debuff and after it is hit by the debuff, somehow that mob will still move a couple meters in one direction and then stop moving.

Now when the people in my squad go in to attack that mob in melee range, they are unable to hit it and no attack can be performed on it. It's only when the freeze wears off on it that the mob will then teleport back to where it was initially frozen at and then we can attack it normally.

This is something that seems to happen randomly and I have no way to reproduce this bug at will.
Post edited by KingCrash - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It happens every time you immobilize a mob that moves. Basically the location where you see the mob is where the mob was a few seconds ago from the server perspective.

When you tell the server to freeze the mob the server already considers the mob to be in a different spot. The server then replies with the spot the mob was actually frozen which is pretty far from where the client thinks the mob was frozen (then the client moves the mob to the correct spot to synch up).

It does look really bad though how poorly the client is synched with the server and they can do a much better job there. I always mentally have to make a rather large latency adjustment when considering a mob's position.

I think it's around a 2 second adjustment which is far too high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html