Life as a seeker

Options
_Saikyik_ - Archosaur
_Saikyik_ - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Seeker
I've always been looking for ways to make money other than merchanting to make that extra cash. I always hear sin's solo-ing instances and making so much money and was wondering how do we seekers make money? Are there any ways that only we or only a few classes can use to make money?

Something else that has been bothering me is I'm planning on r9 my seeker and was wondering, should I use some of the r9 money to go g16 while I'm making money for r9 or should I go r8? And just to clarify, r8 and not r8r since I hear many people say r8r is more expensive than g16.

Sorry if I'm not making sense. I barely slept last night and oddly enough don't feel tired.

Many thanks in advance to those who respondb:pleased
-_Saikyik_
Post edited by _Saikyik_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If you want seeker specific things: Zhenning. You stand in the pits doing your vortex killing mobs while being teamed up with a low level who gets tons of exp. You should however be as little over lvl 77 as possible since else the exp is reduced too much. People pay 2 m per hour. If you can do this BP and no healer, its all yours. ! Else you gotta split it with a cleric.

Money making suitable for non-APS classes:

NW:

Events: EV 450k for the quest.
    Monday night: Celestial Tigers event. Must score at least 2000 points.
    Tuesday night: Jungle Ruins. Reach the NPC in the third big room.
    Wednesday night: City of Abominations. Collect 1 astral orb. + shards ?

BHs: 850k EV per run.

Cube: COGs or PoF. Sell the money boxes with profit. Be luminance for twice a day.

Delta: coins, tome fragments, sharts, OHT mats

Oht-pstones: Grind cards + DQs. Kill boss. make OHT, decompose. 2*2* makes 4* on double drops !

Sell trophy mode: team up with an APSer. Sell the runs.

For equipment, you could also consider morai. Takes time to farm though. R8 seems like a very cheap option. Nirvana G16 is the best out of these, but also the most expensive as the reputation for R8 is pretty much a non factor with your R9 future plans. If you make the expenses of buying G16, you imo may just as well make the investment of getting yourself a son/BM/Barb and make a solo farmer.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If you're looking on how to make money in general then; this thread is for you.

Seeker specific then; This thread is for you.

If you're to lazy to go have a look at those then here is a basic sum-up.

~Do NW
    ~Do TM runs
    ~Etc.

Here is my method;

-copy pastes-

Here is something I have resently come up with for making cash, I am an RRR9 Seeker lvl102, BUT that doesn't mean that anyone lvl100+ with R8 or g14/15/16 can't do it.
    Lunar resently has become a HUGELY popular instance, people have been farming EoD's like crazy to recast g15 gear and RR9. And whats also hugely popular is Seekers in Lunar, gotta love me some vortex right? so heres the plan.
    You look out in wc or ask in Faction for people doing FREE Lunar runs EoD's reserved usually, and you collect the mats, and if it's a squad after badges/EoD's usually no one gives a **** about the mats. you could even ask for Mats if no one needs them if the squad is on random, it's pretty simple, easy, and except for pots/repairs, free.
    But here is the next part, You then make Lunar weaps with the lunar mats, and as they are lunar they are UNBOUND (which is SUPER handy) you can then sell them off for a nice bit of cash as people use them to create g14/15/16 weaps unbound. OR you can take it to the next step, which I would recommend.
    Unfortuantly if you can't do NW this option may be out for you but here:
    You then use your NW Tokens to create Raps then make unbound g14, then g15 then g16 weaps, which can be sold for around 100mil+
    which is Great profit! I recently sold a g16 sword for 120mil, so I have some coin to get me the next lvl of refines I need for my RRR9 and keep me on my feet until I make another weapon and sell it.
    Another option is after you've made a bit of coin out of this you can start paying for your own Lunars, and get the EoD's, and sell them off.
    3mil fee = 2 EoD's that sell anywhere from 5mil-3mil ea. thats 3mil profit each run at the least.
    P.S. if you have a Pro squad that knows what the **** they are doing, a full lunar run can be done in 30min, unlike the usual 1hr or more also, this not only applies to weapons although they tend to sell better, but you can also do gear :3

If anyone gives this a try please message me and tell me how you went!! I'd love to see how my fellow seekers take to this farming Idea :D

+Edit Edit;

True, I forgot to add that in, you can farm the TT Gold Mats if you want to as well, but they have a very low drop rate, so you are better off spending a bit of coin and buying them, even though they are not cheap, you'll make the money back at the end :3

I hope this helps somehow~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Step One:Level a sin up to level 103.
    Step Two:Farm everything on that sin.
    Step Three:Put money in account stash or mail it.
    I might be black
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    bolocactu wrote: »
    Step One:Level a sin up to level 103.
    Step Two:Farm everything on that sin.
    Step Three:Put money in account stash or mail it.

...No... just.. no xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Saikyik_ - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If you want seeker specific things: Zhenning. You stand in the pits doing your vortex killing mobs while being teamed up with a low level who gets tons of exp. You should however be as little over lvl 77 as possible since else the exp is reduced too much. People pay 2 m per hour. If you can do this BP and no healer, its all yours. ! Else you gotta split it with a cleric.

Money making suitable for non-APS classes:

NW:

Events: EV 450k for the quest.
    Monday night: Celestial Tigers event. Must score at least 2000 points.
    Tuesday night: Jungle Ruins. Reach the NPC in the third big room.
    Wednesday night: City of Abominations. Collect 1 astral orb. + shards ?

BHs: 850k EV per run.

Cube: COGs or PoF. Sell the money boxes with profit. Be luminance for twice a day.

Delta: coins, tome fragments, sharts, OHT mats

Oht-pstones: Grind cards + DQs. Kill boss. make OHT, decompose. 2*2* makes 4* on double drops !

Sell trophy mode: team up with an APSer. Sell the runs.

For equipment, you could also consider morai. Takes time to farm though. R8 seems like a very cheap option. Nirvana G16 is the best out of these, but also the most expensive as the reputation for R8 is pretty much a non factor with your R9 future plans. If you make the expenses of buying G16, you imo may just as well make the investment of getting yourself a son/BM/Barb and make a solo farmer.

Thanks so much Mr. HrunsPanda! I will try all these things and see how I go :D
  • _Saikyik_ - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If you're looking on how to make money in general then; this thread is for you.

Seeker specific then; This thread is for you.

If you're to lazy to go have a look at those then here is a basic sum-up.

~Do NW
    ~Do TM runs
    ~Etc.

Here is my method;

-copy pastes-

Here is something I have resently come up with for making cash, I am an RRR9 Seeker lvl102, BUT that doesn't mean that anyone lvl100+ with R8 or g14/15/16 can't do it.
    Lunar resently has become a HUGELY popular instance, people have been farming EoD's like crazy to recast g15 gear and RR9. And whats also hugely popular is Seekers in Lunar, gotta love me some vortex right? so heres the plan.
    You look out in wc or ask in Faction for people doing FREE Lunar runs EoD's reserved usually, and you collect the mats, and if it's a squad after badges/EoD's usually no one gives a **** about the mats. you could even ask for Mats if no one needs them if the squad is on random, it's pretty simple, easy, and except for pots/repairs, free.
    But here is the next part, You then make Lunar weaps with the lunar mats, and as they are lunar they are UNBOUND (which is SUPER handy) you can then sell them off for a nice bit of cash as people use them to create g14/15/16 weaps unbound. OR you can take it to the next step, which I would recommend.
    Unfortuantly if you can't do NW this option may be out for you but here:
    You then use your NW Tokens to create Raps then make unbound g14, then g15 then g16 weaps, which can be sold for around 100mil+
    which is Great profit! I recently sold a g16 sword for 120mil, so I have some coin to get me the next lvl of refines I need for my RRR9 and keep me on my feet until I make another weapon and sell it.
    Another option is after you've made a bit of coin out of this you can start paying for your own Lunars, and get the EoD's, and sell them off.
    3mil fee = 2 EoD's that sell anywhere from 5mil-3mil ea. thats 3mil profit each run at the least.
    P.S. if you have a Pro squad that knows what the **** they are doing, a full lunar run can be done in 30min, unlike the usual 1hr or more also, this not only applies to weapons although they tend to sell better, but you can also do gear :3

If anyone gives this a try please message me and tell me how you went!! I'd love to see how my fellow seekers take to this farming Idea :D

+Edit Edit;

True, I forgot to add that in, you can farm the TT Gold Mats if you want to as well, but they have a very low drop rate, so you are better off spending a bit of coin and buying them, even though they are not cheap, you'll make the money back at the end :3

I hope this helps somehow~

That's a good idea but wouldn't that require high level blacksmith and the molds?
    One more thing, thanks for the advice and links :D
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    *is done lurking thread*
    *is preparing escape route*
    *escape route created, awaiting to be used*

*snips informative post*

SweetieBot please award Zheii 10 points for this post.

*zips through escape route, hiding all footprints*
    *dust ball rolls by with iconic all familiar whistling of the wind*
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot please award Zheii 10 points for this post.
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary awards 10 points to Zheii - Archosaur!
    Zheii - Archosaur now has a total of 63 points and is in 8th place.
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    That's a good idea but wouldn't that require high level blacksmith and the molds?
    One more thing, thanks for the advice and links :D

You're very welcome, and yes it does require BS and molds, but there are plenty of FW squads wandering around and in wc these days, it's not hard to acquire the molds needed, and you don't even have to make the lunar weapons into g16 if you don't want to, also, since the weapons aren't bound you can have someone who has BS make them for you, a friend maybe? It's all pretty simple :3

and, Nawww Thankyou Alsiadorra! :3

SweetieBot please give Alsiadorra 5 points for being sweet and attentive ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot please give Alsiadorra 5 points for being sweet and attentive ;3
    Zheii - Archosaur awards 5 points to Alsiadorra - Sanctuary!
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary now has a total of 5 points and is in 88th place.
    Zheii - Archosaur can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ...No... just.. no xD

Yes....just yes.
    Meowth
    I might be black
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    bolocactu wrote: »
    Yes....just yes.
    Meowth

... >.>" No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Skills aren't expensive; no more than 5-10 mil depending on luck with 2*s

you only need level 7 at most for TT99 gold anyways

Yea if you can farm mats and make lunar gear; since everybody is going G16 now it's gonna be nice.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Niobus - Archosaur
    Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Zheii your way of farming and selling weapons looks nice on the first attempt but I don't think it will work out well.

Why do I think so?

if you buy TT Gold mats you will pay 10mil each. Unknown Tinder can be farmed quite good and efficient, but Chromatic Tinder have the problem, that only a totally OP squat will survive the Vile Drake so you will most likely end without an EoD which makes the run to farm it more expensive. So you need to buy the Chromatic Tinder.
    Calculating that will make a price for the Lunar weapon only for the gold mats of 52 mil (only for 4 Gold TT mats and 2 Chromatic Tinder). And you still need to farm the other stuff.
    If I buy a weapon token I will pay 30-40mil. So I would end up cheaper buying the token.

For the selling: It really depends strongly on the weapon and the stats.. If you got for example daggers with GoF and intervall yes I am pretty sure ppl will pay 100mil+ but for the most other weapons the price will be a lot fewer.

Might be that I have a bit pessimistic view on it but I doubt that it's such a lot profit.. The thing you actually selling this way are Badges and G16 molds.. and it take a while to get the 60 Badges :) So for ppl that love full warsongs that's a nice thing to do... But I would try to buy the weapon badge instead of farming Lunar.

Or do I miss out some important point here which makes my calculation too expensive?
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Let's not overlook the value of saving money by using Divine Quest weapons and Divine Quest pots. BTW the best lvl 70s sword you can get is divine only. And don't get TT gear until 90 or later. Legendary molds are just as good. You can also save a lot of money by using FC green gear and OHT gear. I was using OHT boot and wrists and FC chest and legs until I hit 100 and got R8. I kept using the OHT wrist and boots until I had the money to get the R8 boots and wrists and immediately recast them.

If you know the prices of things scanning the auction house from time to time is a good way to make money. You can always buy cheap molds and gather the mats yourself and sell the gear. Lots of little ways to make money on any class. But if you want to solo TT you really have to be a sin or aps BM or Barb. I keep hearing rumors that venos solo TT but don't know any that really do.

A third option is to get a three man crew to regularly run TT. Use an alt to open it. Have to keep the numbers low or drops are just too small to be worth doing it. I used to have a crew like that we did TT five times a week but the cleric quit the game and the archer reached my level so I can't keep agro from him now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Zheii your way of farming and selling weapons looks nice on the first attempt but I don't think it will work out well.

Why do I think so?

if you buy TT Gold mats you will pay 10mil each. Unknown Tinder can be farmed quite good and efficient, but Chromatic Tinder have the problem, that only a totally OP squat will survive the Vile Drake so you will most likely end without an EoD which makes the run to farm it more expensive. So you need to buy the Chromatic Tinder.
    Calculating that will make a price for the Lunar weapon only for the gold mats of 52 mil (only for 4 Gold TT mats and 2 Chromatic Tinder). And you still need to farm the other stuff.
    If I buy a weapon token I will pay 30-40mil. So I would end up cheaper buying the token.

For the selling: It really depends strongly on the weapon and the stats.. If you got for example daggers with GoF and intervall yes I am pretty sure ppl will pay 100mil+ but for the most other weapons the price will be a lot fewer.

Might be that I have a bit pessimistic view on it but I doubt that it's such a lot profit.. The thing you actually selling this way are Badges and G16 molds.. and it take a while to get the 60 Badges :) So for ppl that love full warsongs that's a nice thing to do... But I would try to buy the weapon badge instead of farming Lunar.

Or do I miss out some important point here which makes my calculation too expensive?

You don't need an OP squad to do Vile Drake, I'm pretty sure If i wanted to i could solo it o,o'
    And it doesn't take that long to get 60 badges at all, people actually sell G16 forging services where they farm a ton of badges and molds then have people pay them to make their G16 weap.
    And I hadn't thought of the Lunar weap badge, that's actually quite a good idea~
    Although I think they are bit more pricey than just 40mil? cause awhile back i actually bought a 10+ lunar weapon for just 50mil... xD'
    Anyways, great ideas and input! :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Life as a seeker, come back from working 4hr shift in delta, to your lovely family back home at archosaur.

Then... your boss suddenly called and needed you on a urgent job, in warsong to tank mobs.

and when its holiday x2 season, clients call you for jobs down at Lunar. rough life~