Adversity Dagger Texture File Fix

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Hello everyone. I remember reading posts on random threads regarding the look of Adversity Daggers, and this thread is about just that.

On my laptop, the daggers look black, but on my main gaming rig it shows up as white. My factionmate has also stated that they're green on her screen, and tonight my friend said the looked textured on his screen, so I wonder.. does anyone have an idea on how it keeps changing or isn't looking correctly?

My friend that sees it textured also states that it turns white from time to time as well when I'm fighting a boss. The white textured version looks a lot different from what I see on my screen too, according to him. I'm a bit confused because I haven't heard of texture/color problems for any other Tier 3 Rank 9 classes' weapons.

Here's how they look on my screen/my laptop: White/black

And on my friend's laptop: Textured

I would like to know because I really want mine to look like what my friend sees on his laptop D: (aesthetic freak)
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thats because other Tier 3 R9 wepons looks JUST LIKE morai gears.

I thought they were ugly white, but now i see they're ugly black.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's likely a missing or null texture that is handled inconsistently between different video cards. I see the "textured" version although I wouldn't call it as such since all you see is the shiny effects shader and not the base texture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    That's a shame. I wonder if it'll be fixed at some point or another.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think your friends who getting issues. For me and on all computers I saw it, it was white with greeny glows.

They could've made tier 3 weapons prettier
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Textured one is the correct one, on my laptop, my mums laptop, and my sisters laptop (different types of laptops) all show the textured one. so I would assume it is textured one, due to the fact all our laptops are high-end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The textured one is the Right or..... intended look. The others are just results of bad rendering.
  • Linq - Raging Tide
    Linq - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    White, black, or embossed with rainbows, those things are still lethal. Congrats on the dags Skai.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The first pic, on the left (the white one with green glow) is missing the base texture. All that is showing is a model and an effect.

The first pic, on the right (white/black) is apparently missing part of the texture, it's rendering the model and a small part of the actual texture.

The second pic is most likely how it's supposed to look. Looks like the effect is missing, though.

My suggestion is to verify client. If you ever see anything that is just flat white, then you should realize that for 100%, you are seeing the underlieing model and not the texture.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see the same as your friend :o

Btw, gratz =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess maybe this is obvious, but between you and your friends, do you all have effects/quality settings all the way up? I know sometimes things tend to disappear if it goes down too low, especially if you happen to be in arch with best quality on.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I run on full graphics and see the textured version... Never noticed color changing mainly because I am not r9 let alone the recast... Just notice it on the sins around me that have them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • darkbarbariuz
    darkbarbariuz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have always see them as black green O.o
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Yes, even with graphics on minimal to maximal, the daggers stay white on my screen D:.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone. I remember reading posts on random threads regarding the look of Adversity Daggers, and this thread is about just that.

On my laptop, the daggers look black, but on my main gaming rig it shows up as white. My factionmate has also stated that they're green on her screen, and tonight my friend said the looked textured on his screen, so I wonder.. does anyone have an idea on how it keeps changing or isn't looking correctly?

My friend that sees it textured also states that it turns white from time to time as well when I'm fighting a boss. The white textured version looks a lot different from what I see on my screen too, according to him. I'm a bit confused because I haven't heard of texture/color problems for any other Tier 3 Rank 9 classes' weapons.

I would like to know because I really want mine to look like what my friend sees on his laptop D: (aesthetic freak)

More importantly, why are you wearing a dress on a sin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    More importantly, why are you wearing a dress on a sin?

I love dresses D:
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love dresses D:

*compiles it in the proof folder "_Skai_ is a girl" b:avoid*
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Nope I'm a guy. I just like how dresses look on women. xD
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ah, that explains it. A couple weeks ago someone asked in the sin forums "what are these daggers" and posted a picture of the textured Adversity daggers but I remembered them looking differently so I checked the Ecatomb dagger page and they were different. Was a bit confused why 5+ people agreed it was Adversity but I kept seeing different pics showing different daggers, but I accept Skai as an authority on endgame daggers and didn't speak up.

Now I see the ecatomb page shows the white daggers, not the black or textured, but they're the same dagger.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited November 2012
    Just checked and can confirm it's a missing texture.

Specifically:
    models\weapons\人物\匕首\匕首1\25品匕首\textures\r_25匕首.dds
    is missing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think this is pretty annoying...the whole 'let's copy the textures we had before, and just throw on some new stats' when they have both paying and farming people busting their behinds off to get them. Many of us want the aesthetic part to follow the 'rank' part of the gear when it comes to originality...b:surrender
    Therefor I made a suggestion in the suggestion thread regarding s3r9 textures/upcoming endgame gear textures..simply to QQ that I hate how they keep re-using and cheapshotting us on original gear designs.

Can be read here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1529491
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    o,o Very awesome dagz....black or white skai! Gratz :P
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Thanks a lot Ast! I'll keep that in mind and hope for its arrival at some point. I guess some people have it while others don't.

And Saku, I'm not sure if those are the same version textured but white. My friend who sees the textured version says the white looks like the black, with a different colored orb and the neon streaks.
  • Buff_me
    Buff_me Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Gz Skai on achieving Adiversity Daggers :)
    edited November 2012
    Thanks a lot Ast! I'll keep that in mind and hope for its arrival at some point. I guess some people have it while others don't.

No one has the texture. That mess of swirly effects you see here: http://i.imgur.com/VIQanh.jpg
    is supposed to go over an actual texture.
    Right now the effects are over a missing texture which some video cards render as white and others black.

I think your image showing the black adversity is just with the in-game effects turned down. Black and white are the only two cases and the green **** is from having effects on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love dresses D:

But they look so **** on sins!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012

ya here the thread you well looking at before http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17365491&postcount=1
    about time you got it
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Thanks everyone, and that makes sense Ast. I wonder if it was a mistake on their part, or if they just got too lazy to create it.

And I like how they look Ashen. xD
  • panforte
    panforte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Good evening, P-dubbers!

We're currently investigating this issue with the devs. Worry not, as I shall keep you informed about our findings. Until then, I would suggest verifying your client to see if that helps fix things.

Congrats on the daggers!

And for the record, sins in dresses are awesome.

edited November 2012
    Panforte wrote: »

Good evening, P-dubbers!

We're currently investigating this issue with the devs. Worry not, as I shall keep you informed about our findings. Until then, I would suggest verifying your client to see if that helps fix things.

Congrats on the daggers!

And for the record, sins in dresses are awesome.

If you're putting in a request to fix this can you also ask them to update the look of the other r9 third cast weapons?

Most of the R9 3rd cast weapons are just boring copies of low-grade Morai weapons: http://imgur.com/a/xFMAz
    Meanwhile there are perfectly good weapon designs in the game files that are unused like group 26 (26品) http://imgur.com/a/xUUHN
    Also the PWCN client just added another unused group 27 (27品): http://imgur.com/a/Uqq2a

I know our third cast weapons are not available in China so they can only hear our feedback from you! Here's the suggestion thread on the issue: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1529491
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just checked and can confirm it's a missing texture.

Specifically:
    models\weapons\人物\匕首\匕首1\25品匕首\textures\r_25匕首.dds
    is missing

ok you need to tell me where to get this file or upload it for me so i can recompress it into my .pck files because i want to see my daggers properly for once -_- ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
This discussion has been closed.