Newbie TT question

Options
bluefox213
bluefox213 Posts: 155 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Crafting Nook
I have a question about TT weapons....

For example we take the Xbow level 60 Swiftwind Xbow

If you craft 10 of those, will they always have the same stats?
Like 500-1000 dmg
1 socket
79 phys attack as a stat?
Or can it vary?

The reason im asking is because I just bought myself 1 of these through AH for like 300k
And the mats for making it will cost you like 500-600 k probebly alot more...
So why would u sell it for 300....some1 just needed more gold? Or can it be a bad version?
Post edited by bluefox213 on

Comments

• mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If look at pwi database it shows the chance of getting extra stats

swiftwind

With that one, the only extra is extra sockets.

Level 60 TT mats are cheap - I have a catshop up right now that has some for 1000 each.

However people do sometimes sell on cheaper than the cost of the mats. Maybe they are short of coin and just want the inventory space back.
  • bluefox213
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sorry but what ur saying isnt true

The mats for 60 are cheap, but for the swiftwind crossbow you need
    10 bone things, which are like 1 k each really cheap yea

and 5 broken drum, i see ppl buying them for 65k, meaning the sellers will have them for 100-150k.

Meaning 65 x 5 = 325k and then still need the mats for the substance, so you will be having to pay a minimum of 400k for a swiftbow....

I dont get why some1 would sell it for 300k ;p
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    edited March 2013
    Options
    65k for broken drum! Send them to me, I'll be rich!

US are under 20k each.

Seriously, it's not as expensive as you are making out. The crossbow is only good for 9 levels.
  • bluefox213
    edited March 2013
    Options
    hehe we clearly play different servers?

Im on archosaur

I seen cat shops where ppl buy them for 65k each, meaning no1 will sell them for that price, if u check AH on archosaur they are for 150k-200k

so thats why i asked ;p
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Clearly - I play on Dreamweaver
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Mats for the substances are free on the ground, just take some time to gather.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if you stand by the mysterious old man in north archosaur by the teleporter and just ask in common chat someone will give you the 1 ultimate substance it takes to make your bow.

BH100 gives nirvana talismans as a reward (which everyone trades for 5 free ultimate substance at the mysterious old man, since the palace of nirvana is deserted due to NW). In addition, casters can get a free talisman every day from the mysterious old man.

Also, the broken drums come from TT 1-1 (solo or squad mode). If you see me in game just ask for help. If I have time I can help you get the mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The thing with TT mats is that you see them for sale for prices that are simply too high. Those shops may sell a few items per day to those people that have like 7 out of the 8 items they need and just want to buy that 8th item right now.

If you are farming and you want to sell relatively large quantities of those items however, you are gonna get significantly lower prices. If you didnt find the mats for those lower prices, you didnt look well enough or you may have to look again a few times at different places and times.

Besides that, the difference between 1 or 2 sockets is significant. People are perfectionists. They dont want a one socketed item if it is possible to get it with 2. Therefore, max socketed items (2 for weapon 4 for armors) are worth 50% - 100% more than those with fewer sockets.

But even then, yes it is not often not really worth buying mats to make TT items instead of buying the items themselves. The higher level items that bind on equip or those that are used to make those TT99 items however are a different story since the market is not so flooded with those items that people have outgrown. There it may become more interesting to make them yourself.