Vortex vs. Edged Blur on boss

2»

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stop posting on the seeker forums like you know what you are talking about when you clearly dont.

Are we only allowed to play and learn one class now? If so, PWI, I have a confession... b:surrender
    Might be a BM Avatar, but what he posted is true still...

Just the 350k dmg I would say are pure exaguration.. 100k I believe, but 350k are way to high for the morei G15+6, when I even hardly reach 200k with R9+6...

I honestly was surprised as hell myself. The boss dropped in about 6 seconds and I (with Blade Affinity on) only got 2 attacks off. But when I looked at my damage log they were 348k and 1xxk damage. My average dph on that boss is only usually in the 30-50k range. I had Sacrificial Slash active and QpQd and NSW and Soulsever on though.

I've done dps calcs for barb and bm comparing Morai and r9 weapons. For my BM the Morai axes came in at about 95% damage and for barb it came in at about 91%. Seekers are more difficult to dps because of skill spam but I'm guessing they're very similar dps in pve and the morai have potential to hit harder than r9. The reason is attack levels and slaying levels multiply, so 60 slaying levels is 50% more damage. If you have 50 attack levels too thats 150% damage x 150% damage = 225% damage on every hit, while an r9 weapon would be 150% damage (50 atk levels) on 80% of their hits and 300% damage on on 20% of their hits (50 atk levels x GoF).

Throw in a skill like Sacrificial slash and you're looking at 80 attack levels on even seekers with mediocre gear x 60 slaying levels, so 1.8 x 1.5=270% dph while using sac slash. You can see how Morai can possibly out dd r9, or at least keep up. My Morai also has +3 atk levels, 19 strength, and crit, which is better dd adds than an r9 weapon. The rest I attribute to pro debuffing by the squad.
    first of all why would you worry that your tanking on a seeker? are you that squishy? second your friend lied that isn't possible. i tank all my bh's on seeker other then metal i cant keep agro from a sin or a high refined bm there.. and yes i vortex all of them except aba which is the most troublesome to keep agro in.. i wonder why.

I doubt this was a topic on tanking because the OP asked about Edged Blur, which generates zero aggro.

I have used vortex only on Seat boss. I was tanking, didn't want squad to pull aggro so I didn't want to debuff too much because that'd help them more than it would help me. I kept aggro but it took a long time to kill the boss. Since then I've found its much more effective to just go all out quickly and even if the squad out dd's me the boss dies too quickly for aggro to switch because he's usually dead before my spark, if not he feeds me chi for a second spark and I still keep aggro.

I do know you have trouble in Metal. You ran with my archer the other day and just put up vortex. First sin died. Second sin died. First sin died again. You held aggro while they came back then I sparked, got aggro, and killed it. Poor dd made you the last option for tank pretty much.

Lol, then after I told you I was lagging like crazy and dual clienting and could barely walk you dropped squad and tried to kill my 7.5k archer in aps gear but couldn't even kill it through bb. I watched from my cleric as I tried to drop bb and exit Metal but it took forever just for clients to swap. Eventually I managed to auto attack on my archer as I walked away on my cleric. Almost killed you while I wasn't even on that character.
    b:laugh
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This chain is very easy to do though. It just takes common sense of what our skills do. b:thanks
    if thats the case, then only a handful across all servers have this common sense, as everyone else pretty much just either heard of it or added on to it.

the explanation itself is impressive and very informative, altho id have to say the usefulness could depend on servers. >< I know i personally would not be able to pull that off on sanctuary as the bosses would be dead after i put in 1/3 of the skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    if thats the case, then only a handful across all servers have this common sense, as everyone else pretty much just either heard of it or added on to it.

the explanation itself is impressive and very informative, altho id have to say the usefulness could depend on servers. >< I know i personally would not be able to pull that off on sanctuary as the bosses would be dead after i put in 1/3 of the skill

Depends what boss you're fighting. In general, everything i put up on that combo can be done in less than 5 secs if you're used to it(ofc before the 30 sec vortex part ofc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Depends what boss you're fighting. In general, everything i put up on that combo can be done in less than 5 secs if you're used to it(ofc before the 30 sec vortex part ofc)

My combo is similar to yours, and yah, a bulk of it can be done before blade affinity wears off so about 5-7 seconds. Skills cast about as quickly as you can manage to click them, you just have to watch for status effects on boss and kind of think in common sense.

Biggest problem is it puts half your skills in cooldown, but that makes it easy to pick what skills spam in the mean time.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yer.. most of the time i end up wasting 2 sparks D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Vyrrg - Harshlands
    Vyrrg - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To me, Edged+spamming other skills seems to work the best, especially debuffing skills, you want that boss dead as fast as you can, help others dish out enough damage
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i use shatters on boss first, maybe soulsever if it procs soon, tripple spark then vortex, seems to do the ultimate dd damage especially with hf it will will take agro from anyone for a few seconds
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i use shatters on boss first, maybe soulsever if it procs soon, tripple spark then vortex, seems to do the ultimate dd damage especially with hf it will will take agro from anyone for a few seconds

3 spark + vortex
    OR
    3 spark + edged blur

In both of these cases, 3 spark increases 500% weapon damage. However, vortex does only 55% weapon damage and edged blur does no weapon damage whatsoever. So, in my opinion, its a bad idea to 3 spark and vortex/blur cuz you deal more damage with just vortex + blur instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Depends your boss. if they interupt you, best just go skill spam/edge blur, if no interuptions, AFK vortex~