youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just spend 250 mirage and my item is + 0. I cant even make items +3. Is so so fail. I was just going to make a topic about it cuz I am tired of spending over 200 mirage to make an item +3
    and for you video.. .OMG you spend so much gold you can make an item +10 lol
    This game is a joke! But more on my topic maybe the GM see and wake up a little....
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I spent a good 350 mirages and 30+ event gold a month or two back to go from +5 to +5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • whoami88
    whoami88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So now i get it, in order to successfully refine a piece of gear, you have to keep chanting "i hate this game", thanks so much for the tip:) b:laugh. Btw i know of some people who +8 with just 1000 mirages, and tisha/tiankang with event gold, so +6 is nothingb:bye
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    whoami88 wrote: »
    So now i get it, in order to successfully refine a piece of gear, you have to keep chanting "i hate this game", thanks so much for the tip:) b:laugh. Btw i know of some people who +8 with just 1000 mirages, and tisha/tiankang with event gold, so +6 is nothingb:bye

Why, you have other idea of refine other then to complain? And a friend of a friend is a legend . Give me a brake with "someone"
  • whoami88
    whoami88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why, you have other idea of refine other then to complain? And a friend of a friend is a legend . Give me a brake with "someone"

I'm not complaining. I have +7 a few times with just mirages and tisha/tiankang bought with event gold. But i don't dare to +8 with just those. When I was in Drakon, there was a girl, can't remember her name, who +8 her weapon without orbs. Btw i'm no longer playing my bm, bm now belongs to another person, now playing an archer.

Also you just can't bring 250 mirages only, u need to have 1000 minimum plus tisha/tiankang, then refine.

May God be with Drakon and Karma and Indigantb:victory
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    your method involves using tishas to +1...

...b:shocked
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ABBA is a related video so it must be true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bad luck Zanryu :p

Can't call it technique, to be honest. That's nothing but a common refining attempt. Me actually used to have technique to +6/7 thingies working 80% of times.
    My highest score ever was +9ing ring, which took me 9 mirages and 4 tishas. But I've done it not in a single day. And sadly it was ugly attedance ring.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most of the time I find +6 pretty easy. I even +6 my Nirv S3 weapons without orbs and only takes 200-300 mirages, if that. I do use tienkang for 5 and tisha for 6 generally (and on weapons sometimes tienkang for 4).

Only ever got +7 once though, on my barb's old axes. Tried one other time and gave up after 2k mirages. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can usually pull +5 pretty easy, I don't usually go past it, and I've never attempted a +7. It's just too much of a hassle when the extra 22m for a 7* orb on sale isn't really that difficult to make. At least it wasn't, now... eh. It's a different story I'm afraid. Oh well, point is I hate refining.
  • SwiiftArk - Sanctuary
    SwiiftArk - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The thing with the refinement system is that it's basically made in a way to force us into spending cash on this game. Otherwise it wouldn't be this way.
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The thing with the refinement system is that it's basically made in a way to force us into spending cash on this game. Otherwise it wouldn't be this way.

Stop blaming PWE for anything. I understand that its CS designed game, but refining with aids is one of the things independent from market.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just wondering why nobody has mentioned that, the higher grade the gear is the less chance a refine will work. So a lvl 1 weapon for eg: will be really easy to get to +6, but a G15 will be vary hard to do with Mir stones. Something to keep in mind when upgrading gears.

I had a friend (hard enough to beleave) he would lvl up low lvl gear with stones then tranfer the refinement to his higher lvl gears. I never tried it but he said its the cheapest way to do it.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    danilco wrote: »
    Just wondering why nobody has mentioned that, the higher grade the gear is the less chance a refine will work.

because it's no true.

btw, +5'ed my g16 sleeves and boots with 3 tienkangs and 150 miragesb:victory
    you only purge once #yopo
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    danilco wrote: »
    Just wondering why nobody has mentioned that, the higher grade the gear is the less chance a refine will work. So a lvl 1 weapon for eg: will be really easy to get to +6, but a G15 will be vary hard to do with Mir stones. Something to keep in mind when upgrading gears.

I had a friend (hard enough to beleave) he would lvl up low lvl gear with stones then tranfer the refinement to his higher lvl gears. I never tried it but he said its the cheapest way to do it.

Dont spread ****. Dont speculate. Dont debate whats best. Here is the math:

http://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/warren.forrest/pwi-refine-costs
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    for a guy who claims time and time again you never cash shop, all I can say is liar.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Got +7 on one of those lowbie dreamchaser pack weapons today. That one actually is very easy and just takes proper use of the orbs you're given. First get +4 with mirages, you can start off on +2 with the 1 and 2 star orbs if you like. Use one of the +5 orb's. Next get a handful of event gold Tisha's and attempt to refine further. If your weapon hit's +4, bump it back to 5 with another orb. Might seem obvious to some, but w/e.

Worth the small risk to have an op nublet weapon. b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »
    for a guy who claims time and time again you never cash shop, all I can say is liar.

lulwut
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ...and away this goes to the proper section thinks Fuzzy...

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »

The ABBA related vid showed him using Event gold not real gold. I think that was your mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The ABBA related vid showed him using Event gold not real gold. I think that was your mistake.

even if it was real gold... he could have bought it with in-game coinsb:chuckle
    dunno how he deduced that he's a cashoper XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I purchased 1200 Dragon Fire packs and got all my R9 gear to +6, including my wep. I was also able to get 2 peices to +7. Open all the packs, see what you get. you can pretty much +4 everything, and maybe a few +5, then start making the other orbs with what you have left over. You will for sure end up with about 1200 +1 orbs. and a bunch of +2,3,4,and a few 5. And if your lucky, might even get a +12.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2013
    Or 1200 +12 orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I purchased 1200 Dragon Fire packs and got all my R9 gear to +6, including my wep. I was also able to get 2 peices to +7. Open all the packs, see what you get. you can pretty much +4 everything, and maybe a few +5, then start making the other orbs with what you have left over. You will for sure end up with about 1200 +1 orbs. and a bunch of +2,3,4,and a few 5. And if your lucky, might even get a +12.

and how much did you pay for those packs ? I guess about 6 times as much as the average mirage cost to get it all to +6.
    Then again, that doesnt give you a chance for the +12 :)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is no technique about refining, only a good strategy, and to keep trying. The strategy is to use mirages 1st, then tienkang for middle refines, and tishas for the last refines. It will depend on each one when to start using tienkang and tishas, but imo it should be:

0-2 --->mirage
    3-5 --->tienkang
    6&+--->tisha
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tisha'd my fists from +5 to +6. It was my very last Tisha and I had about 300k to my name, I was balls to the wall hardcore. All or nothing, and it paid off. Let this be a lesson to you, you CAN achieve your dreams. You just gotta BELIEVE!!!!!! YEAH!
    edited February 2013
    There is no skill or positive way to refine. Everything on PWI is chance, except the items that you know will do the job for sure. You can refine with 2000 mirages and get nothing, or you can refine with 2000 mirages and get +12, you just never know. People always get lucky refining, then start saying they know the technique, but it doesn't work that way for everyone. It's never a sure thing.
    edited February 2013
    and how much did you pay for those packs ? I guess about 6 times as much as the average mirage cost to get it all to +6.
    Then again, that doesnt give you a chance for the +12 :)
    Actually, I bought the packs with gold when they were on sale during Christmas, can't remember the gold price. But I calculated the cost of buying the +4's and up and it was worth getting the packs instead of buying from shops or the orbs through the boutique. I was hoping to get a +12 also. Not everyone gets lucky with mirages. I rather refine with mirages to at least +3 then start refining with orbs. I've never been lucky enough to get +4, maybe 1 time when i first started playing this game years ago. You have to figure, buying those packs helped me get all my gear to +6 and a few to +7. Also, I forgot that the reason I bought the packs, was to make a +8 and 9 and buy a 10* for my +11. Which I was able to make the 9*. Later my girl made me the 8 and I refined to 11.
    edited February 2013
    Oh and forgot to mention, My R9s3 wep takes 5 mirages per refine try. I rather take 100 mirages and try my best and refine with orbs.
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmmm... anything that isn't a g.16 gear is easy to refine, idk about r9 but the new nv3 armor is annoyingly difficult to refine at times. I've +8'ed my whole hh99 interval LA set including ornaments, and even a ring once over two years ago. i probably spent maybe 100m, maybe not even that much but I don't remember the exact #. Also, Gear swapping and counting a refine fail pattern seems to do the trick half of the time. Sometimes, even changing land refine location seems to do it but most of my +8 were purely from archosaur elder so who really knows.