Socketing

Options
Ruriii - Sanctuary
Ruriii - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Crafting Nook
Hi,
I recently hit 100 and got some of my int gear but I want to upgrade the sockets on them to get 4. I have a few questions about socketing though:

1. If I put shards in my gear will they disappear after I add sockets?
2. If I have a 2 socket piece of gear will it go up to 4 sockets when I upgrade or do I have to go from 2 to 3 to 4?
3. The 16k socket stones needed to upgrade Shadow Ashura Greaves from 3-4 seems insane at 1 gold per 15 (not sure of the coin cost); does rerolling them at the forges change the amount of sockets?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Ruriii - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    1) No, any shards you have will remain.

2) You need to first add a 3rd socket, then can add a 4th.

3) No one who has a clue would buy Socket Stones from the boutique, they are horribly overpriced. Should be able to buy them for about 10k each from catshops. Baring that, you can make them from Tokens at the rate of 11 Tokens per 10 Socket Stones.
  • saphirerain
    saphirerain Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Its 16K socket stones to get the last socket on G15 gear right? So if I had the 16K stones to get a second socket on my Foundation Of The World, Would I keep the 2 sockets on my weapon when I make it a G16 weapon? If not how many socket stones are needed to get a second socket on a G16 weapon?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Its 16K socket stones to get the last socket on G15 gear right? So if I had the 16K stones to get a second socket on my Foundation Of The World, Would I keep the 2 sockets on my weapon when I make it a G16 weapon? If not how many socket stones are needed to get a second socket on a G16 weapon?
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

saphirerain replied to a message that was 6 months 20 days 3 hours 49 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451